• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

Nier fans get really touchy. I don't think "Route B is a slog" is exactly a controversial statement.

It's not, even among people who really like Automata. It's my GOTY and even for me the first half of route B is by far the worst part of the game.

I personally feel it is still worth flying through the 4 hours or so of shared content because the end of the route and then the entirety of route C onwards is fucking amazing.

Ludens

Banned
Didn't Platinum say Automata won't have dlcs?
I guess money make people change their mind easily, expecially for some skins which can be created in a day of work I guess.

gngf123

I guess money make people change their mind easily, expecially for some skins which can be created in a day of work I guess.

Yoko said that they had no budget left for it.

They can probably easily get the funds for it now.

Hektor

No, only Yoko Taro said DLC won't be anything big, that's about it. The game even launched with DLC's lol

Ascheroth

The only thing I heard is Taro saying not to expect much, because they have really little budget for DLCs

He said there wouldn't be any substantial story dlc like Witcher 3's for example since they didn't have the budget for it.
Stuff like costumes was always going to happen, especially with waifus that are a hit with the community lol.

Ludens

Banned
I have a question: is the entire Numenera settled in ONE city?
Because I'm 10 hours in, but I'm still in the first city you visit. I did a lot of quests, but I noticed there are still three locations I need to explore in this city (and this involving talking with all characters).

Hektor

New Nier bossfight in which you fight against the Square Enix and the Platinum CEO

I have a question: is the entire Numenera settled in ONE city?

No, the first city is the biggest and best area, from there on out the game falls off of a cliff in terms of quantity and quality.

Ludens

Banned
New Nier bossfight in which you fight against the Square Enix and the Platinum CEO

No, the first city is the biggest and best area, from there on out the game falls off of a cliff in terms of quantity and quality.

So after I'm done with the first city, how long is until the end of the game?

Ludens

Banned
If you finished the city you finished half the game.

Nah, I still have three locations to fully explore and some quests opened. Plus I think I need to talk with each companion to see if they have unique quests like in Pillars.
Oh, is there a way to change your companion and take them back? In example if I want to dismiss Rhin and later pick her up, can I do that?

Hektor

Nah, I still have three locations to fully explore and some quests opened. Plus I think I need to talk with each companion to see if they have unique quests like in Pillars.
Oh, is there a way to change your companion and take them back? In example if I want to dismiss Rhin and later pick her up, can I do that?

If you dismiss Rhin she's gone forever (unless they changed that in a patch)

You can dismiss and rerecruit other party members, but only in the first city iirc

I hope SE makes an official english statement soon. Apparently this is only the first of 3 dlcs? (3 doors with this being for Flooded City)
Does the $15 include them all?

data

What the fuck @ Skyforge. My character is clearly wearing very sturdy armor but her boobs jiggle like pudding. And the smallest boob size you can go is not small by any means. Idk what to think

Plus isn't this a korean mmorpg? I can't out how to make an Asian female, for some reason

kionedrik

Oh, thanks for that. So the fact you can pick up or not some compaion depends from the companion itself :(

Apart from
Rhin
, you can recruit and dismiss all companions at any stage of the game. There are only 2 that can't be in the party at the same time. You can find a special item in Sagus Cliffs that allows you to recall companions after you've left the city.

Buraindo

What the fuck @ Skyforge. My character is clearly wearing very sturdy armor but her boobs jiggle like pudding. And the smallest boob size you can go is not small by any means. Idk what to think

Plus isn't this a korean mmorpg? I can't out how to make an Asian female, for some reason

IIRC it's Russian not Korean.

A thought just ocurred to me: whatever happened to Audiosurf 2? Turns out it released two years ago. Welp...

Audiosurf 1 was a blast. I don't remember why Audiosurf 2 fell off the face of the Earth at all. I guess it's kind of hard to improve on perfection. (I only ever played the most basic mono version of the game.)

Actually, scratch that. Audiosurf with Spotify integration would be the next step.

Huh. I thought Skyforge was the MMO Obsidian wrote for, but I must be misremembering.

Lain

Another masterpiece is out on Steam.
header.jpg

data

A thought just ocurred to me: whatever happened to Audiosurf 2? Turns out it released two years ago. Welp...

Audiosurf 1 was a blast. I don't remember why Audiosurf 2 fell off the face of the Earth at all. I guess it's kind of hard to improve on perfection. (I only ever played the most basic mono version of the game.)

Huh. I thought Skyforge was the MMO Obsidian wrote for, but I must be misremembering.
A quick google shows it's made by the people who did Allods in collab. with Obsidian. They really skimped on the character creator so far imo.

The dialogue and story so far doesn't seem like the quality I'd expect from Obsidian

Durante

Waiting for an upcoming PC-version is a terrible advice when we have absolutely no idea if that will ever release. Just buy the PS3 version if you can find it.
Why is it a terrible advice?
I mean, Nier was my GotY in 2009, but it was already quite dreadful technically back then, and will be much more so now.

If someone is not in a hurry to play it (and who would be given the wealth of games releasing) then "wait" doesn't seem like terrible advice to me at all.
Invest your play time in the best possible version.

Alright, what's up with WEBS VEBS UEBS and how is it on the top sellers list?

I mean, look at it. It has the store page of a scam game:
About This Game
The Game:

Here is a sandbox like no other. Create massive battles with absolutely no limits. Want to see 10,000 chickens fight an army of Romans?? Sure, why not. Want to see a company of WW2 U.S soldiers fight 11,000 Medieval soldiers?? There are simply no limits to the carnage you can achieve in Epic Battle Simulator. Mess around with a massive variety of units. Everything from, Roman Centurions, Medieval soldiers, Knights, Orcs, Trolls, and yes, chickens! The main focus in this game is giving the player no restrictions to what he can do. That is why we decided not to limit the amount of units in battle. Want to see what a battle of 100,000 units looks like? We don't recommend going past 10,000 for most machines but its your CPU, do what you want! On top of that, you can play as any one of the units in the game, getting up close and personal to help change the tides of a massive battle, while rallying teammates and giving them orders!

The Technology:

Unfortunately there really aren't many engines that you can chuck 10,000 characters in and expect good performance. This is why I worked months on end to create the most powerful crowd rendering system ever conceived in Unity engine. The detail of each character has little effect on performance while each individual acts independently, but is working towards a greater good for his team. Each individual decides his own path and navigates complex environments. But I didn't stop there! With the large open environments, I needed a more dynamic lighting solution than the one built in to Unity engine. So I built my own dynamic global illumination lighting engine. This enables bounce light completely in real time. What does that mean? That means every piece of shiny armor is reflecting it's true surroundings, every bright surfaces illuminates it's surroundings and effects the overall lighting.

Yes I worked hard to bring this game to life, may you all inflict carnage upon it!
But apparently people are buying it... I just don't understand.

Hektor

Alright, what's up with WEBS VEBS UEBS and how is it on the top sellers list?

I mean, look at it. It has the store page of a scam game:

But apparently people are buying it... I just don't understand.

This brings back memories to my playsessions with TW: Medieval 2 where i used to build armies so big that the game ran at single digits.

Good times.

So... will they let you access the new Nier DLC from the main menu? I don't think I want to replay the game just to unlock an arena mode and some costumes...

Purkake4

Banned
I can see the appeal of mass attack mods, where huge armies clash... but buying a game expressly for that? It's an hour of distraction, at best.

Streamers, though. That must be the answer; I should've known.
It's fun to mess around with.

There aren't enough streamers on the planet to push anything into Steam's bestsellers just by them buying it.

Hektor

Any good guides for fusing Chips in Nier Automata?

Chips having a star next to them means, that is the best possible version of the chip and you should try to fuse only those with each other.

So if you fuse a Rank 1 * and another Rank 1 * you get a Rank 2 *, fuse that with another Rank 2 * to get a Rank 3 * and so on ans so forth. That's the way to get the best possible chips.

Nillansan

It's pretty straight-forward I think, what are you looking for with a guide?

I just heard that you can botch your Diamond-rated Chips pretty easily.

Chips having a star next to them means, that is the best possible version of the chip and you should try to fuse only those with each other.

So if you fuse a Rank 1 * and another Rank 1 * you get a Rank 2 *, fuse that with another Rank 2 * to get a Rank 3 * and so on ans so forth. That's the way to get the best possible chips.

Thank you, it's as simple as that huh? That's great.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

A Family of Grave Diggers -- MB-38E4C2E117F13B06 - Taken by Abomination
A Pixel Story -- MB-FBA8F751EEB835B9 - Taken by Purkake4
Adventures on the Polluted Islands -- MB-E595D960B32D0509 - Taken by voodooray
Bladestar -- MB-239F792CAA0AB45E - Taken by Tizoc
Paintball Extreme -- MB-EE9F6966DBAAB2DE - Taken by MaxiLive
Pixel Survivors -- MB-C05F9319709578DB - Taken by fuzzy123
Sakura Fantasy -- MB-C1B1D10CEBF8990C - Taken by Ludens
Save the Ninja Clan -- MB-A5A8931B32DF8D7C - Taken by dave is ok
Space Trucker -- MB-39749C629CA2C78E - Taken by madjoki
Surfasaurus -- MB-D1196A9ACAA54C02 - Taken by Vuze
Tacopocalypse -- MB-59C58DF0545DB02F - Taken by darkchewie
Tales of the Elements FC -- MB-56585C5FFF18BD03 - Taken by Eila
Three Days -- MB-D851F788F7624E3E - Taken by Hakkelus

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-5D3E5D6740753DC2 - Taken by Anteater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom