• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nier fans get really touchy. I don't think "Route B is a slog" is exactly a controversial statement.
Should someone who doesn't enjoy a game during what's essentially its second play through keep playing it? If they have it on STEAM, they're not going to pass it along to someone else.

Dude should drop the game—that's not a dig at him or some passive aggressiveness. It's just true.

Rizzi

Should someone who doesn't enjoy a game during what's essentially its second play through keep playing it? If they have it on STEAM, they're not going to pass it along to someone else.

It's just the exact same shit I literally just did, as a character that plays worse, before I can actually see the next part of the game.
Did you enjoy what you just played? Want to see what happens next? Too bad, go back to the beginning.

It's just the exact same shit I literally just did, as a character that plays worse, before I can actually see the next part of the game.
Did you enjoy what you just played? Want to see what happens next? Too bad, go back to the beginning.

Are you enjoying the stuff that's the same as before? Are you intrigued by what's new?

If f no to both, then there's nothing left for you in the game.

Pixieking

Banned

Dude should drop the game—that's not a dig at him or some passive aggressiveness. It's just true.

Eh, it works both ways, though - they can't pass it to someone else, so an argument can be made that they should make an effort to see all the game, otherwise they've wasted their money.

Rizzi

Yeah I stand by my original statement... You're probably not very good at the game. Are you upgrading chips? Do you even have a good build? Weapons? Pods? Route B should take you no time at all.

Okay there bud.

I haven't died. It's not hard, just boring.

Eh, it works both ways, though - they can't pass it to someone else, so an argument can be made that they should make an effort to see all the game, otherwise they've wasted their money.
It's not something they need to get through for some reason.

It's not a lunch they don't like the taste of, and have no time to get something else to eat. They still need to eat in that situation, but here, they don't need to play this one game unless it's for a class or review. They've wasted their time already, and they won't necessarily be better off wasting any more.

zkylon

zkylewd
I finally finished the first Nier and about to start Automata

apparently there are 26 endings? o_o

and i thought the first one had a lot lol
most of those endings are joke endings, only are 5 nier 1 style and 3 of those are selected in a "mass effect style" (no one freak out, there's quote marks for a reason)

Pixieking

Banned
It's not something they need to get through for some reason.

It's not a lunch they don't like the taste of, and have no time to get something else to eat. They still need to eat in that situation, but here, they don't need to play this one game unless it's for a class or review. They've wasted their time already, and they won't necessarily be better off wasting any more.

Yeah, it's one of those things that very much depend upon personality, I think. For some, the "Fuck this I'm gonna get all money's worth out of this" comes out... For others it's like "Why am I gonna spend time playing something I don't enjoy, no matter how much I paid for it" is more dominant.

*shrugs*

I finally finished the first Nier and about to start Automata

apparently there are 26 endings? o_o

and i thought the first one had a lot lol

Like half of them are for
running away from an urgent main story mission objective instead of doing the mission right away.
A few others are jokes for killing your character in certain ways.

illusionary

I finally made time to get around to playing through the NieR: Automata demo properly (on PS4)... much as I'm still really not particularly good at these games, I can't deny that that was good fun. I'll definitely have to pick this up eventually!

Nier: Automata is not for everyone and actually overhyped shit, face it guys.

It's not shit, but it's amusing to see so much people here attacking everyone who didn't enjoyed Nier. You know, different opinions and stuff. It's even more funny to see "you're just not very good at the game", i mean seriously?

FLD

Nier: Automata is the GOTY and if you disagree you're dumb and wrong. It's really as simple as that.
:p

In other Platinum news

TfUd6F3.png

I'm ready for Vanquish now, SEGA! Don't make me wait another two years, damnit...

But yeah, I really want more Platinum like... right now. I'm tempted to go back and try finishing up Metal Gear Rising but IIRC that one's up there with Vanquish as one of their hardest achievements-wise. Maybe I should do Transformers instead. I only tried it for about an hour last year and never touched it again...

Mikurden

I should watch this movie already.
Thanks for the link, wishlisted for now

Yes, you really should, but wow, what a pointless use of that license (not that I think there could really *be* a good use of that license, but of course the game could be good anyway, however irrelevant the license may be).

MaxiLive

Skyforge is kinda trashy but im kinda super into it lol.

Any other mmo-hoppers tried it yet?

I played it a year or so ago and really enjoyed the combat and environments. It became veryyyyy grindy though to level up a class and get resources for gear etc. Plus it was lacking quite a bit of end game content and the difficulty curve was quite steep which meant a lot of grinding to level up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I played it a year or so ago and really enjoyed the combat and environments. It became veryyyyy grindy though to level up a class and get resources for gear etc. Plus it was lacking quite a bit of end game content and the difficulty curve was quite steep which meant a lot of grinding to level up.

I literally only intend do unlock all the classes and get their skills and shit so Ill probably get what I want from it.

Assuming all the classes keep unlocking for free (ive unlocked zerker and archer so far from the campaign), apparently you hve to pay for them on PS4?

Ascheroth

Buys Bayonetta.
Gets God Eater itch.

Dammit.

Nothing better than going back to the game and being greeted by Fierce Kongous and Sekhmets. Shit-tier enemies. Especially in packs (which I didn't have this time, thank god.)
But that makes going all Blood Rage on them and beating the shit out of them oh so satisfying.
Sooo satisfying. With this track running. The soundtrack is so damn good.

Btw, how's Toukiden 2 difficulty wise?

Christ, we're still doing the Nier thing?

If you don't want to play through route B just drop the game ffs.
I focused just on story missions and getting to the part where it diverges from route A took me less than 4 hours. And even the rest of the route is shorter than the equivalent section on route A.
If you can't be bothered that's fine, it's not the end of the world.

I agree that unlike with the first Nier where what makes the impact of the second playthrough so strong is having played it previously, in Automata it isn't really essential and could've been handled differently, but like I said, it's a fraction of the total playtime.

In other news, the new info regarding the FFXII remaster is fantastic, the wait for the PC version is going to kill me.

Uzzy

Speaking of the GOTY and masterpiece that is Nier: Automata, the stream where they'll announce some DLC is going to start in just under thirty minutes, right here. It's probably going to be in Japanese, don't know if there'll be a translation or anything.

My guess is that it's probably just a combat arena. Nothing major.

Ascheroth

Speaking of the GOTY and masterpiece that is Nier: Automata, the stream where they'll announce some DLC is going to start in just under thirty minutes, right here. It's probably going to be in Japanese, don't know if there'll be a translation or anything.

I would kill for a difficulty rebalance or just an extra mode that gets rid of levels or something.

Hektor

There are 3 doors tho

Would be great if the game's success actually convinced them to create something more substantial but I doubt it.
I'm surprised there aren't costumes out the wazoo for this game.

Anteater

I just want new clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom