• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Man alive... Looking at the majority of the Steam reviews makes me despair. No, just because something is a laugh for a few minutes, does not mean you should give it a Thumbs Up. No, you're not being unique when you say "GOTY!!!!". No, you're not funny, otherwise I would mark your review as Funny... And I haven't, I've marked it as Not Helpful, because saying "Best F***ing Game" isn't funny.

I think it's 'cause the game was on sale for like $1.50 some time back so there was a low barrier for entry. Likely leading to joke reviews.

To be fair there's also legit critiques peppered in there as well. The bulk being Very Positive.

Dark Souls 3 made Namco Bandai over 40 million USD in its release day on Steam.

I don't think anyone wants to afford the moneyhat required for this if they see it as a project at that level.

I personally still dont get why they wont port the SAO games to Steam (at least the real games, since that Accel World/SAO seems to come to Steam).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My replacement GPU finally arrived today (here's hoping it doesn't die tomorrow), so I mucked around with Yooka-Laylee a bit. I definitely have to agree with the camera complaints; it's far too insistent on snapping back into place.

Ascheroth

Its not. What I just mean that I think that the demographic for such titles nowadays is on Steam and it might sell more on Steam than it would sell on Xbox. If you see the sales of those titles on Xbox in the usual threads and compare them to Steamspy sales, usually Steam has more sales than the Xbox version.

Thats why I dont get why it just shows PS4/Xbox One in the tags (yet).

There's no official platform announcement yet.

It's UE4, Souls-like, Bandai Namco.
There's a negative chance this isn't going to be on PC as well.

Pixieking

Banned
I think it's 'cause the game was on sale for like $1.50 some time back so there was a low barrier for entry. Likely leading to joke reviews.

To be fair there's also legit critiques peppered in there as well. The bulk being Very Positive.

Yeah, I was voting down the reviews at the top, and then I read a review that was an actual review. I was like, "whoa, better not vote that down!" :p

There's no official platform announcement yet.

It's UE4, Souls-like, Bandai Namco.
There's a negative chance this isn't going to be on PC as well.

Im sure its coming to PC. But I dont quite understand why the YT trailer then has the Xbox One and PS4 tag, but not PC related tag and that makes me think that Bandai-Namco (as well as a lot of other bigger japanese publishers) somehow still see the PC not in the same vein as a console.

Im sure its coming to PC. But I dont quite understand why the YT trailer then has the Xbox One and PS4 tag, but not PC related tag and that makes me think that Bandai-Namco (as well as a lot of other bigger japanese publishers) somehow still see the PC not in the same vein as a console.

Is it just my imagination or did they add a PC tag recently? When I looked at it earlier (the same day they put it up, admittedly) I'm positive I didn't see PC being there. I even Ctrl+F:ed.

Nice either way!

What tags are you guys talking about ? Where ?

Check the source code. You can see what tags Bandai-Namco set.
Now its:

<meta property="og:video:tag" content="bandai namco Entertainment">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="bandai namco">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="namco bandai">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="namco">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="videogames">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="gaming">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="games">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="Videogame">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="jeu video">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="jeux videos">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="videospiel">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="spiele">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="videogioco">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="gioco">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="videojuego">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="juego">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="PC">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="Playstation 4">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="PS4">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="xbox one">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="XB1">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="trailer">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="video">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="teaser">

JaseC

Is there a reason why devs make their steam backgrounds really dark?

There are a few rules governing profile backgrounds and one of them is "Do not use bright imagery, backgrounds should not distract from the profile content".

data

There are a few rules governing profile backgrounds and one of them is "Do not use bright imagery, backgrounds should not distract from the profile content".

What a weird rule. Even weirder when I have some backgrounds that do have vibrant colors but some of them are just really dark and washed out

Arthea

aren't these rather recommendations than rules? because profile itself has a darkish transparent background over all essential profile data, so this rule makes 0 sense, if it's a rule, it only makes most profiles following this advice useless.

JaseC

aren't these rather recommendations than rules? because profile itself has a darkish transparent background over all essential profile data, so this rule makes 0 sense, if it's a rule, it only makes most profiles following this advice useless.

Yeah, I suppose they're more guidelines than rules, with the exception of the one stating that profile backgrounds must be appropriate for all ages. The idea is that the background image shouldn't clash with screenshot showcases and other images.

Tizoc

We got some more Yaoi goodness on Steam soon

http://store.steampowered.com/app/620200/
ss_4d0967eb6e2378edf830612ddba75b787548b907.jpg
*Wishlists with quickness*

Late Shift is out with a 20% launch discount.

If any FMV developers are reading this, hire the dude who played Jenks in Contradiction the next time you're developing a FMV game. I miss him so.

Wok

It seems the new trend for publising games is to have a launch discount on Steam and nothing (except the 10% discount for monthly subscribers) on the Humble Store. For instance:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/584980/
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/late-shift

Earlier, it was the same for The Sexy Brutale: preorder discount on Steam, while the game is not listed on Humble Store ; then the game is released and the preoder discount vanishes on Steam, while the game appears on Humble Store.

In the case of Late Shift, it is weirder since the game first appeared on Humble Store though. Why is there no discount?

Three people in my party had a heart attack and died in one turn

Edit: And now my main healer gets stressed if the light is below 75 percent but loses 3 speed if it above 75 percent ;-;

Tizoc

Cluckle's Adventure follows a similar stage concept to Super Meat Boy.
Stages are short but you must use your basic abilities; jump, double jump, sword charge, to progress through the stages and complete it while saving the chicks.
It has its flaws, but otherwise is a decent game IMO.

Lomax

All this talk of Cosmic Star Heroine, I really want to play it but in middle of Bayo and Stellaris: Utopia and approximately 5 other games on my "play soon" list and moving soon :p

I felt that way too but I went ahead and bought it because it has a good launch discount and the devs legitimately need the support and have been extremely responsive to bugs and putting in patches. But yeah, I probably won't get around to playing it any time soon.

Well, there's a strong chance that Democracy 3 will be on sale shortly, either this week or June 8th. So if anyone wanted to pick that up, that'll be your time.

I've been holding off on this for too long.

It really is a great little game. I love tooling around with different policies and seeing how each affects everything. At one point as Canadian PM, I had a giant positive surplus -- as in, I'd completely paid off the national debt -- and was getting reelected by like 90 points, hahaha. This was on the default difficulty though.

My only "complaint" is the way it's gameified, so that you can't institute policies in a totally one-sided fashion, lest you get assassinated. I get that they have to have a fail state that's not necessarily losing an election (as you can tamper with that and appeal to popular policies around election time, etc.) but it sucks when you have universal, totally comprehensive healthcare, amazing science and education funding, a giant surplus etc etc., only to be assassinated because you don't want intelligent Design taught in public schools, and abortion is legal. In Canada.

It's a great podcast/new album game too, as you can put it on and it doesn't always require 100% attention.

sadblob

Hmmm anyone noticing frequent crashes in Firefox since the last Enhanced Steam update? Not sure if it's related but I have it disabled now and we will see if it keeps crashing.

I've been having a lot of crashes lately, but didn't associate it with updating ES. If it's useful, I think I can provide some crash logs

Durante

I'm currently playing Trails in the Sky SC (on GPD Win!), and I'm once again struck by how much better the writing and characters are in that than most JRPGs. (Especially since the last one I played was Tales of Berseria)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom