• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

I'm currently playing Trails in the Sky SC (on GPD Win!), and I'm once again struck by how much better the writing and characters are in that than most JRPGs. (Especially since the last one I played was Tales of Berseria)
I can tell you lifestories of unimportant NPCs and how the entire economy in Liberl works.

SC has a god damn in-game novel that is so good that I would read a sequel of it.

It's on another level entirely.

Anteater

bayo82sh4.jpg
finished bayo, this game is tits and run super well

10/10 will play again

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that Namco game is by the God Eater team apparently

Knurek

I'm currently playing Trails in the Sky SC (on GPD Win!), and I'm once again struck by how much better the writing and characters are in that than most JRPGs. (Especially since the last one I played was Tales of Berseria)

I can't but think you're hurting yourself by not playing a 144 fps SGSSAAx8 version you'd have no truble getting on PC... :\

Finished Kathy Rain, great PnC adventure, 100%(!) logical puzzles, decent story, amazing art/music. Highly recommended. Took about 6 hours to complete.

Arthea

I don't think it's even the best in JRPGs, Trails writing beats any game for me, western, eastern, literally any, even if some VNs have better more interesting in twisted way stories, still nothing beats Trails writing in entirety, I even like books I read in those games, the heck I even read newspapers in there. It's just that good. And the best banter ever, then again Estelle, who can outbanter Estelle? nobody, that's who.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
They better not fuck it up

Jawie, I promise you in a year or so when I've wrapped up a few of my projects if a Dino Crisis game port, sequel, or whatever hasn't been announced by then or if Regina isn't in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, I'll start work on making my own little 2D take on a Dino Crisis-esque game with you as my big source of inspiration (it won't be gun-centric unfortunately, be horror-centric being from me and all, but I think it'd be an interesting little challenge to take on and feel some things I've been learning from the projects I'm currently working on could help to those ends). You have my word on that one.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
New batch of classic Sierra games just landed on Steam, Humble Sierra bundle incoming?

My bets as this sort of thing was done before and all that, which actually would be a pretty good bundle if true.

Happy to see the original Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption on Steam as well.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-9B1C5AC2E6C0FA7C - Taken by Ventilaator. 1 entrants total.

t1492536718z1.png

humble link

Durante

I can't but think you're hurting yourself by not playing a 144 fps SGSSAAx8 version you'd have no truble getting on PC... :\
It's a turn-based game, so I don't think all those FPS are that helpful. And in terms of looks, given the overall asset quality, it's a very good fit for the GPD Win, and looks quite excellent at native res on its ~270 ppi screen :p

I don't think it's even the best in JRPGs, Trails writing beats any game for me, western, eastern, literally any, even if some VNs have better more interesting in twisted way stories, still nothing beats Trails writing in entirety, I even like books I read in those games, the heck I even read newspapers in there. It's just that good. And the best banter ever, then again Estelle, who can outbanter Estelle? nobody, that's who.
You probably haven't played Planescape: Torment.

That said, Estelle is an absolutely fantastic main character. Might be my favourite female protagonist of any game.

Knurek

It's a turn-based game, so I don't think all those FPS are that helpful. And in terms of looks, given the overall asset quality, it's a very good fit for the GPD Win, and looks quite excellent at native res on its ~270 ppi screen :p

But you move *a lot* through the cities/dungeons/overworld. High framerate helps here.
I also remember the fences in Zeiss Landing Port aliasing to hell and back unless one used SGSSAA.

Arthea

You probably haven't played Planescape: Torment.

That said, Estelle is an absolutely fantastic main character. Might be my favourite female protagonist of any game.

I did, and I prefer Trails over PT too, not saying PT writing is no good, just Trails is better as a whole package.

But you move *a lot* through the cities/dungeons/overworld. High framerate helps here.
I also remember the fences in Zeiss Landing Port aliasing to hell and back unless one used SGSSAA.

I can't imagine there's any movement benefit from 60 -> 144hz in a game like TitS

Game is definitely more suited to handheld imo. Pretty much all turn based JRPGs are because of rest mode and playing on the toilet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Skyforge has some really cool classes... that I wish were in a good game. Its the most bizarre feeling.

ezodagrom

15% of the bayo sales are from china, while 26% are from the states

yeah should stop region locking your shit, maybe.
There's also Japan right between UK and Germany, often it's said that PC gaming is not popular there, but maybe it's just publishers that haven't been giving it a chance (region locked games, japanese developed games released on steam without japanese interface).

Jawmuncher

Jawie, I promise you in a year or so when I've wrapped up a few of my projects if a Dino Crisis game port, sequel, or whatever hasn't been announced by then or if Regina isn't in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, I'll start work on making my own little 2D take on a Dino Crisis-esque game with you as my big source of inspiration (it won't be gun-centric unfortunately, be horror-centric being from me and all, but I think it'd be an interesting little challenge to take on and feel some things I've been learning from the projects I'm currently working on could help to those ends). You have my word on that one.

Nice. Dusk potentially doing what capcom can't.
I'd be all for it to, especially with how much I have enjoyed red haze.

I’m playing Trails FC on a 144hz 1440p monitor, does anyone know if there is a common issue with stuttering above 1080p or if it is an issue with setting it to my native res? I’ve messed with the settings by turning on/off v-sync, hardware vertex shader is checked, and unlocking the framerate but any time I play at 1440p there is bad stutter whenever I move the camera and during cutscenes. I’ve resolved it by bumping my resolution down to 1080p which completely eliminates the issue and seems to be fine for the game’s style, but curious if I’m doing something wrong or just pushing it above a resolution it officially supports.

With Layton 7 being iOS/Android, I would've thought Level-5 would've taken the Steam chance. I was wrong :")
Anyway, it's the last Japanese publisher I see releasing a game on PC/Steam.

chronomac

Pretty good bundle. Here's an extra:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-89B168A1B6968C10 - Taken by Jalal. 1 entrants total.

t1492539511z1.png

Arthea

Such a bad luck with Renowned Explorers, I want it, but it's in the wrong tier, considering I need only one game from that tier, sigh

Tizoc

With Layton 7 being iOS/Android, I would've thought Level-5 would've taken the Steam chance. I was wrong :")
Anyway, it's the last Japanese publisher I see releasing a game on PC/Steam.

Well they got nothing to lose by releasing it on PC, they just need the right hand greasing :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom