• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonton

With Layton 7 being iOS/Android, I would've thought Level-5 would've taken the Steam chance. I was wrong :")
Anyway, it's the last Japanese publisher I see releasing a game on PC/Steam.
Isn't Ni no Kuni 2 Level 5

Although that's kinda an exception to what they usually do already by being a PS4 game

Well they got nothing to lose by releasing it on PC, they just need the right hand greasing :V

If Capcom didn't released Ace Attorney which is on a multiplat engine which runs like a dream on PC, Level 5 aint doin shit.. :"/

Isn't Ni no Kuni 2 Level 5

Although that's kinda an exception to what they usually do already by being a PS4 game

Ni no Kuni 2 is published by Bamco and Level 5 is the developper. Although I suspect the PC port will be handled by QLOC.

Jawmuncher

If Capcom didn't released Ace Attorney which is on a multiplat engine which runs like a dream on PC, Level 5 aint doin shit.. :"/

Ni no Kuni 2 is published by Bamco and Level 5 is the developper. Although I suspect the PC port will be handled by QLOC.

Yeah Ni No Kuni seems it was more Namcos doing than Level 5 themselves. They probably went "if you get someone else to do the port, we don't care"

Tizoc

Capcom haven't released AA yet
Gotta learn to be patient, not like you got all the time in the world to play all those games once they hit steam.

Vastag

Activision releasing a bunch of retro titles on Steam now in the form of SWAT 2, SWAT 3, and Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption.

I remember putting an insane amount of time perfecting each level in SWAT 3, it was one of my favourite games at the time.

Ozium

why does humble make it so difficult for monthly buyers to get value out of the weekly bundles? always multiple repeats

meh

deejay

ModBot said:
Instructions for deejay:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (deejay, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-3828BA6A8E17D78E - Taken by Purkake4

Good luck!

Jawmuncher

We'll get Dino Crisis before Ace Attorney

Yes, someone that agrees with me!
53cd23404faf999f0d4a1o7u9z.gif

Ozium

Ace Attorney already has a presence on the store in the form of the anime

which is more than you can say about Dino Crisis

Lomax

Kinda thought Hard West would hit the monthly before it hit another bundle but I guess it's good not every interesting game only goes into the monthly first.

Jawmuncher

and Okami gonna happen before all else just fucking do it

do it today to ride the platinumgames hype

Ace Attorney already has a presence on the store in the form of the anime

which is more than you can say about Dino Crisis

You know what games ain't on this list?
Everything the majority of SteamGAF wants. You know what's on this list twice? Dino Crisis

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Please hire me capcom, I can lead you to a far more lucrative financial future.

xezuru

You know what games ain't on this list?
Everything the majority of SteamGAF wants. You know what's on this list twice? Dino Crisis

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Please hire me capcom, I can lead you to a far more lucrative financial future.

From the year 2037, Breaking News! Capcom finally releasing the long awaited return of Dino Crisis, company goes bankrupt, quote from CEO Itsuo Ueda "I hope no company makes our mistake to release dinosaurs ever again." Now, Tommy Jones with the weather.

Durante

I can't imagine there's any movement benefit from 60 -> 144hz in a game like TitS

Game is definitely more suited to handheld imo. Pretty much all turn based JRPGs are because of rest mode and playing on the toilet.
I don't think "rest mode" is a good argument though -- at least on my PC, every game has "rest mode". As in, I just alt-tab out of it.

I’m playing Trails FC on a 144hz 1440p monitor, does anyone know if there is a common issue with stuttering above 1080p or if it is an issue with setting it to my native res? I’ve messed with the settings by turning on/off v-sync, hardware vertex shader is checked, and unlocking the framerate but any time I play at 1440p there is bad stutter whenever I move the camera and during cutscenes. I’ve resolved it by bumping my resolution down to 1080p which completely eliminates the issue and seems to be fine for the game’s style, but curious if I’m doing something wrong or just pushing it above a resolution it officially supports.
I'm certain it's not a resolution issue, I can run the game at 5k smoothly.

I'm certain it's not a resolution issue, I can run the game at 5k smoothly.

Hmm, thanks for the confirmation it can go above 1080p smoothly at least, I will keep messing with it. I wasn't able to find a lot online, just one suggestion to bump down the resolution which instantly solved it so I assumed it was related.

Ascheroth

Hmm, thanks for the confirmation it can go above 1080p smoothly at least, I will keep messing with it. I wasn't able to find a lot online, just one suggestion to bump down the resolution which instantly solved it so I assumed it was related.
See:
First of all, happy Easter everyone!

I have a problem with playing Trails FC on Windows 10 - there is this very annoying micro-stuttering which i failed to fix by changing graphics options. I know there is a d3d8 wrapper that should help resolve this issue, but the page it was on is no longer accessible it seems (this one), and i can't find it anywhere else. Does anyone have it lying around by any chance? Or is there an alternative solution? I would be really grateful, i was very much looking forward to finally play this game, as i was postponing it for when i go on a long business trip, and now that i'm actually abroad and have only a Win10 laptop with me, the whole experience is getting ruined by this stuttering :(

Everything launches Friday for $14.99 but there will be a launch discount, and if you own Mountain you will receive a coupon that stacks with the launch discount as a thank you for supporting the original game. I anticipate that will bring the price down to like $12 or so.

Also Mountain is getting an update on Thursday which is pretty darn cool, performance, content, badges, achievements. Can't guarantee you'll get the coupon if you buy today but may be worth a shot for those interested.

Finally got around to starting Stardew Valley this past week or so and... I've been pretty addicted to it. I remember being about an hour or two into the game and thinking "Ehhh, I'm not sold on this".

Now here I am, 30+ hours later.

As a lifelong Nintendo fan, it pains me to say this.. but.. I believe this to be superior to any of the Animal Crossing games. OH MY.

Vibranium

Banned
Capcom haven't released AA yet
Gotta learn to be patient, not like you got all the time in the world to play all those games once they hit steam.

I mean there is a Dai Gyukaten Saiban 1 and 2 combo pack coming out in Japan for the release of the second game, and Capcom probably won't take the chance to even localize both games for the west. So I don't expect them to do even the bare minimum to port the main series to PC.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I bet Capcom will get around to AA eventually. For now it seems like their main focus is to make every main Resident Evil game available on PC, which as a horror fan I can appreciate and they're almost there. It makes sense, Resident Evil is their top-selling franchise and it's already been demonstrated the games do pretty well on PC.

The Resident Evil games and MT Framework games are what they've mostly been focusing on, and the Resident Evil games have been coming all out first since they've been in the process of converting all the Resident Evil games to MT Framework Engine anyways to making porting them in the future easier. They seem committed to make sure the Resident Evil series will be available on all platforms (this hasn't been officially confirmed, but an Australia rating board showed that Resident Evil Code Veronica was coming to the PS4, which might be a remaster of the Code Veronica PS3 port (but getting touched up more ala how RE4 HD did which was ported to MT Frameworks at the same time but updated later for its PC port).

For the record, the only MT Framework games that have yet to be ported over to PC at this point are:

-Resident Evil: Code Veronica
-Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
-Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
-E.X. Troopers (3DS)
-Sengoku Basara 3 & 4
-Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (but this hasn't released yet, only confirmed for Switch for now)
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3DS)
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice (3DS)
-Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken

And the 3DS Moster Hunter games. All the others, from Dead Rising to Dragon's Dogma to Lost Planet to Marvel vs Capcom 3 to Devil May Cry 4 to the rest of the Resident Evil games, etc.,have all been ported over. Though of note they have seemed to have avoided porting over the 3DS games so far outside of Resident Evil Revelations 1, probably as they have to do more work to update the games models and such, and the only franchise they have put that sort of effort into so far is the Resident Evil series (they even have gone out of their way to port Code Veronica, Resident Evil 4, Umbrella & Darkside Chronicles, Resident Evil REmake, and Resident Evil Zero all to the MT Framework engine and in REmake/Zero's case recreate a lot of assets). I do wonder once they're done with Resident Evil which series they may focus on next though in their efforts to make easily portable MT Framework versions of. Or maybe they'll move onto Resident Evil spin-offs, like Outbreak & Dead Aim.

Wok

I have attended a talk about Furi and the dev has confirmed the numbers on SteamSpy: about 60k owners so far. Before the game release, he had hoped for 100k during the first month.

Corpekata

Banned
I have attended a talk about Furi and the dev has confirmed the numbers on SteamSpy: about 60k owners so far. Before the game release, he had hoped for 100k during the first month.

Perhaps he shouldn't have offered it for free on a popular competitor's platform on debut.

It makes sense for multiplayer games like Rocket League. If you do it for single player games, you're basically kind of fucking yourself. I don't think I've seen an example yet (like Earthlock) that's gone on to do more than decent sales.

Wok

Perhaps he shouldn't have offered it for free on a popular competitor's platform on debut.

It makes sense for multiplayer games like Rocket League. If you do it for single player games, you're basically kind of fucking yourself. I don't think I've seen an example yet (like Earthlock) that's gone on to do more than decent sales.

Yeah, it is one of the reasons. Apparently, 3 million downloads on PSN+.

Other reasons include:
  • bad timing: the game was released just after the summer sale ended,
  • niche target: the game requires some skill and patience.

Corpekata

Banned
"niche target: the game requires some skill and patience."

Not only that but the audience for a game like Furi is typically among the "hardcore" audience, one that tends to own multiple platforms so many would have opted to save 25 bucks and get it on the PS4, especially since the PC version didn't offer much technical improvement in this case.

Honestly I'm surprised it's gotten to 60k with no big discounts at all.

Hektor

I had a PS+ subscription still running at the time, so of course i just downloaded FURI there rather than buying it on PC cos why wouldn't i.

[*]niche target: the game requires some skill and patience.
[/LIST]

That certainly isn't a reason for a game selling badly on PC. Some of the most popular PC games all require exactly that, wether its the souls franchise or paradox strategy games.

Yeah, it is one of the reasons. Apparently, 3 million downloads on PSN+.

Other reasons include:
  • bad timing: the game was released just after the summer sale ended,
  • niche target: the game requires some skill and patience.

$25, no launch discount, limited marketing and bad timing.

"niche target: the game requires some skill and patience."

Not only that but the audience for a game like Furi is typically among the "hardcore" audience, one that tends to own multiple platforms so many would have opted to save 25 bucks and get it on the PS4, especially since the PC version didn't offer much technical improvement in this case.

Honestly I'm surprised it's gotten to 60k with no big discounts at all.

This quote raises more questions about PC market vs Console market that I need answered but it would need be explained like I'm simpleton. Can you chalk up the sale of Furi due to marketing fuck ups and volatile markets or something? Like I know what I want to ask, but I don't I could ever ask it in a satisfactory way.

This quote raises more questions about PC market vs Console market that I need answered but it would need be explained like I'm simpleton. Can you chalk up the sale of Furi due to marketing fuck ups and volatile markets or something? Like I know what I want to ask, but I don't I could ever ask it in a satisfactory way.

Which kind of questions?
The PSN downloads aren't sales numbers, the game was given away for "free" as part of the PS+ subscription.

Ludens

Banned

The game is good, but really is VERY difficult to get into. I beat it on Normal but Normal in that game is like Very Hard in other titles, you need to learn how to play perfectly because there's no room for errors.
Plus the fact is, in my opinion, the game was overpriced at launch. A 20€ price is ok, but if I'm not wrong it was like 25 or 28€ at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom