• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humble Monthly title confirmed!?

are those games good? maybe i'll get it since it's 2 games

I'd say skip playing the first one and go straight to 2 since it's a much more improved game. Not to mention they reuse areas and enemies from God Eater 1. Not calling the first one bad but I played so much I was burned out and never got to finishing 2.

dot

Can someone tell me how to get to ending Y in nier? I heard its missable or something.

i'm only on route B right now so dont try to spoil too much pls

Ladekabel

Without knowing anything about Dirt Ralley and the rest of the series I launched it because I thought it would be an arcade racer that I could enjoy while laying back. It isn't and I should check out the store page before I start a game.

Is there a mellow arcade racer on Steam? Not looking for a futuristic one or Burnout Paradise.

Anyone wanna play something?
Speedrunners? Rocket League?
Or maybe Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed if we can get together enough people?

Might even chip in a game to the winner, so you fake gamers stop collecting games on Steam and start to actually play them.

Anteater

Can someone tell me how to get to ending Y in nier? I heard its missable or something.

i'm only on route B right now so dont try to spoil too much pls

I think it's the one you where have to find and upgrade all weapons, so.....yeah.

as far as I know I think the missable part is that you have to
let the secret boss do its special move and explode, it leads to a joke "Y" ending, if you do it properly without letting it explode you beat the quest and you can't get that ending, I could be wrong though

dot

I think it's the one you where have to find and upgrade all weapons, so.....yeah.

as far as I know I think the missable part is that you have to
let the secret boss do its special move and explode, it leads to a joke "Y" ending, if you do it properly you beat the quest and you can't get that ending, I could be wrong though

wut lol

so how exactly do i activate the secret boss in the first place? (i know it has to do with
emil
but that's it)

Or maybe Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed if we can get together enough people?

Might even chip in a game to the winner, so you fake gamers stop collecting games on Steam and start to actually play them.

i miss when we all used to play speedrunners occasionally :(

where the heck is iosefe

Shahadan

wut lol

so how exactly do i activate the secret boss in the first place? (i know it has to do with
emil
but that's it)

There is some questing to do for him but as I said you need to find and upgrade all weapons to get access to the part you might miss

catabarez

Rocket League always sounds like fun. Haven't played in months.

Anteater

wut lol

emil
but that's it)

think
activating the quest isn't missable unless you go and erase your save, but basically you do the emil quest, find his house, take some item, beat a boss, upgrade all your weapons, and fight another boss and let the boss explode, just look it up after you're done scenario C or/and D lol

dot

There is some questing to do for him but as I said you need to find and upgrade all weapons to get access to the part you might miss

think
activating the quest isn't missable unless you go and erase your save, but basically you do the emil quest, find his house, take some item, beat a boss, upgrade all your weapons, and fight another boss and let the boss explode, just look it up after you're done scenario C or/and D lol

ahh okay thanx

damn, finding all weapons is one thing but upgrading them all? dang it lol :(

i can't play outlast, you horror fans are crazy
I never got very far either, just too stressful lol. I hate being chased.
Good news, that it worst part of the game. Bad news, that it worst part of the game.
I had to look up how to get the Google search and I can safely say I never would have gotten it otherwise. Chain doesn't work but the plank does? Ugh

Edit: wtf why don't you just ride out of the cave with the ramp

think

To make sure you get there ending since it's missable
when you fight Emil in the desert either use A2 or turn your companion's fighting style to passive before the fight. If you end up killing Emil before you let him self destruct then when the game asks you to save don't do it and reload your save from before the fight. If you choose to save it will complete the quest which cannot be repeated in the same playthrough.

ahh okay thanx

damn, finding all weapons is one thing but upgrading them all? dang it lol :(

It wasn't as hard as I was expecting it to be, there's a couple items you'll likely be short on short on after a normal playthrough. You can also buy some items from
Emil's shop after defeating him outside his house. If you load a game from the chapter select the state of entering Emil's home will reset and you'll have to talk to him in the field and then go steal his mask again.

MaxiLive

I'm up for some Sonic Racing Transformed. I barely played it but always wanted and online race :D

Without knowing anything about Dirt Ralley and the rest of the series I launched it because I thought it would be an arcade racer that I could enjoy while laying back. It isn't and I should check out the store page before I start a game.

Is there a mellow arcade racer on Steam? Not looking for a futuristic one or Burnout Paradise.

The older Dirt games or Grid? Maybe the Test Drive Unlimited games?

Anteater

I'd say skip playing the first one and go straight to 2 since it's a much more improved game. Not to mention they reuse areas and enemies from God Eater 1. Not calling the first one bad but I played so much I was burned out and never got to finishing 2.

It's probably the closest you'll get to Monster Hunter on PC, if you enioy that franchise. Plus it's a good port due to QLOC working on it.

I was so tempted until i read about skipping the first one lol, that'd be 1 game for 15bucks! but if they're good ports.....

1345661034056i3kzk.gif

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-865097C7F7D5ACDC - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 27 entrants total.

t1492898184z1.png

Ludens

Banned
I'm stuck on this freeway in Full Throttle in a loop of terrible fights and it's so awful ;-;

Very easy part, you can beat it in 10 minutes when you know what to do.
Smack someone's face until you get a weapon, your goal is to get a chain so you can grab the engine from the duede. You can also collect other weapons, to get the chainsaw you need the fertilizer, to get the wooden plank you can use the chainsaw or another weapon if you are fast enough, to get the goggles you need the wooden plank,
use it when the dude raises his head AND when you are on that ruined part of the road.
If you fail, just use left shift+V to skip the fights, lol.

Full Throttle forcing you to go back and forth between the stadium and minefield at least 3 times......what a game.
Edit:eek:ne pixel off so now I have to go get two more sets of bunnies and pick up six of them individually. Another terrible LucasArts game.

Tizoc

Full Throttle forcing you to go back and forth between the stadium and minefield at least 3 times......what a game.
Edit:eek:ne pixel off so now I have to go get two more sets of bunnies and pick up six of them individually. Another terrible LucasArts game.

? I beat that section rather quickly-
Use the first bunny to get the battery.
Go back and get rid of the salesman to get the box

Go back to Minefield and place the box on the ground, but pick up all the bunnies before they move out.
Use each bunny to make a path through the minefield.
I didn't need to go back to the shop to get more Bunnies.

Also for the Secret door; I found it on my 2nd try. In the remastered visuals there should be a protruding rock that if you kick it at the right moment, the path opens up.

? I beat that section rather quickly-
Use the first bunny to get the battery.
Go back and get rid of the salesman to get the box

Go back to Minefield and place the box on the ground, but pick up all the bunnies before they move out.
Use each bunny to make a path through the minefield.
I didn't need to go back to the shop to get more Bunnies.

Also for the Secret door; I found it on my 2nd try. In the remastered visuals there should be a protruding rock that if you kick it at the right moment, the path opens up.
I had to get a second box both times as 6 wasn't enough, fucked up the first time tho by letting some of the bunnies out on the right side whereas the box bunnies go straight up.

Was just annoyed that I had to go back to the stand 5 times before I got it lol. The name calling in the next scene was great tho.

Ludens

Banned
I had to get a second box both times as 6 wasn't enough, fucked up the first time tho by letting some of the bunnies out on the right side whereas the box bunnies go straight up.

Was just annoyed that I had to go back to the stand 5 times before I got it lol. The name calling in the next scene was great tho.

That section is very easy, you usually end on having 1-2 spare bunnies. First you need to use the box on the minefield, after that grab quickly all bunnies except one, see where he dies, go here, use another banny, repeat. The game never forces you to backtrack three times, you need to backtrack just once, after you get the battery.

That section is very easy, you usually end on having 1-2 spare bunnies. First you need to use the box on the minefield, after that grab quickly all bunnies except one, see where he dies, go here, use another banny, repeat. The game never forces you to backtrack three times, you need to backtrack just once, after you get the battery.
The time where I tried using just the picked up bunnies I was no where close. Oh well tho, more the annoyance of having to go back and forth while trying to figure out the solution. Controls on the derby too, woof.

Durante

If we can appreciate Planescape Torment for its writing, the same goes for Trails in the Sky.
The writing is good, easily some of the best in any JRPG, but it's not PS:T good (nothing is).
Luckily, the battle system is pretty good too.

What would make TitS:SC (and FC for that matter) significantly more enjoyable to me would be a way to speed up or skip battle animations (like spells etc.).

Dinjoralo

I was so tempted until i read about skipping the first one lol, that'd be 1 game for 15bucks! but if they're good ports.....

1345661034056i3kzk.gif

Note that this "Closest thing to Monster Hunter on PC" is actually so far removed from MonHun that they might as well not be compared. It's more like Devil May Cry, but janky and crap. If you want MonHun, I'd recommend waiting for Dauntless, that looks far better so far.

I have a sudden, inexplicable urge to play Forza. Was Horizon 3 ever fixed to not stutter so bad?

Ascheroth

The writing is good, easily some of the best in any JRPG, but it's not PS:T good (nothing is).

What would make TitS:SC (and FC for that matter) significantly more enjoyable to me would be a way to speed up or skip battle animations (like spells etc.).
CheatEngine is your friend.
Just set up a speedhack hotkey with your desired speed modifier, and voilà.

Anteater

Thinking about starting up Bayonetta today

the hell, go play it

i played the sc intro (and the first dungeon), man i love the intro where every npc was giving me a warm welcome back in the first town, i talked to them all

Full Throttle's ending was bittersweet, but a nice way to go about it. Definetly enjoyed the tone and characters but God if the action elements aren't absolutely abysmal. The controls for the demolition derby were shocking.

Corpekata

Banned
Trails FC doesn't hook you nearly as well as something like Planescape does, and even then the actual quality of writing is not anywhere near Planescape. It's kind of a bizarre comparison

Trails' writing is both HEAVILY steeped in cliches (granted, it's well done cliches) and extremely back end heavy when it comes to actual interesting developments. Torment drops you into a weird ass world with interesting mysteries from the start.

Pachimari

Can I use my Dual Shock 4 without having to boot up in Big Picture Mode? It would be nice if I could just start up any game on my list and use my DS4 controller.

data

Can I use my Dual Shock 4 without having to boot up in Big Picture Mode? It would be nice if I could just start up any game on my list and use my DS4 controller.

The default desktop config for DS4's should be the one where you can control your mouse cursor and stuff, so yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom