• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjoralo

Y'know, I just remembered that thing I said I'd do.

uCz8RRV.png

If the guy in charge of modbot actually wants to replace all the thumbnails, hit me up with a PM. Also, Snapchat's selection of models is... very, very good. >.>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That sounds like a lot even for 100% in the other games tbh

I tend to take my time with the AssCreed games. My range is ~20 hours (original) to ~220 hours (Black Flag, because Uplay ate my save 96 hours in).

Tonton

I tend to take my time with the AssCreed games. My range is ~20 hours (original) to ~220 hours (Black Flag, because Uplay ate my save 96 hours in).

I commend your dedication

I wish my Black Flag copy was on Steam for time tracking purposes, I think it's the one I spent the most time with

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im sure im super late with this but I just noticed. What the FUCK were they thinking with that Deformers price?

when exactly can we expect the next Steam sale...does anyone know?

Probably summertime. So late June/early July.

It always leaks beforehand. Before it was PayPal things. I think last year it actually leaked on here after someone posted a screenshot of a developers-only group on Steam.

Arthea

Trails FC doesn't hook you nearly as well as something like Planescape does, and even then the actual quality of writing is not anywhere near Planescape. It's kind of a bizarre comparison

Trails' writing is both HEAVILY steeped in cliches (granted, it's well done cliches) and extremely back end heavy when it comes to actual interesting developments. Torment drops you into a weird ass world with interesting mysteries from the start.

You should talk for yourself, Trails FC hooks me just fine.

And I never thought Torment to be a pinnacle of writing either, nor even that interesting as let's say Higurashi is.

opinions, how do they work

Corpekata

Banned

And I never thought Torment to be a pinnacle of writing either, nor even that interesting as let's say Higurashi is.

I did talk for myself, because it's what I said. Jesus. Do you really need "THIS IS MY OPINION" disclaimers anytime anyone doesn't praise the games you love like crazy? You get offended every time.

Arthea

I did talk for myself, because it's what I said. Jesus. Do you really need "THIS IS MY OPINION" disclaimers anytime anyone doesn't praise the games you love like crazy? You get offended every time.

you shouldn't said "doesn't hook you" if you were talking about yourself, and I'm not offended, I just pointed out that you are wrong.

But you didn't. Your entire post amounted to "YOU MEAN IN YOUR OPINION" when anyone well adjusted to human conversation could parse that what I said was in my opinion.

it didn't look to me that you were talking about yourself, that's not how people usually word such opinions.
but yeah, blame me

Corpekata

Banned
you shouldn't said "doesn't hook you" if you were talking about yourself, and I'm not offended, I just pointed out that you are wrong.

But you didn't. Your entire post amounted to "YOU MEAN IN YOUR OPINION" when anyone well adjusted to human conversation could parse that what I said was in my opinion.

NeoRaider

I am really not sure about pre-ordering Little Nightmares.
I said that i won't buy it day 1 but it's around 15€ on gamesplanet. Tho. i am pretty sure that it will be in humble bundle after few months...

Vibranium

Banned
Well, Metal Gear Survive will be at E3, Konami is going to release that thing whether people like it or not!

Of course we'd all just rather have a Metal Gear Collection for Steam instead but they'd rather leave money on the table.

yuraya

Both franchises are equally dead now too.

I fully expect a big budget MGS6 by 2025 with or without Kojima. The franchise is just way too successful for Konami to completely abandon. Part of me hopes they make up and Kojima returns to direct it after he does all his new stuff with Sony. It would the perfect last game before he retires.

Arthea

I fully expect a big budget MGS6 by 2025 with or without Kojima. The franchise is just way too successful for Konami to completely abandon. Part of me hopes they make up and Kojima returns to direct it after he does all his new stuff with Sony. It would the perfect last game before he retires.

yeah, I don't think that will happen.
as for Konami doing MGS6, even that is doubtful.
For example they released 8 games for PS3 in 2012, 3 in 2013-14. 2 in 2016 (PS3-4), they have one for 2017, as you see by that progression they'll have 0 games starting 2018.

Anteater

i actually bought outlast so my friend can play/stream it via family sharing

he played like the first part and freaked out after getting his ass kicked at the first locker part and he was like "it's not scary anyway!"

and now I'm left with this shit for myself

Arthea

i actually bought outlast so my friend can play/stream it via family sharing

he played like the first part and freaked out after getting his ass kicked at the first locker part and he was like "it's not scary anyway!"

and now I'm left with this shit for myself

That will teach you, you should have bought God Eater instead..

Durante

Trails FC doesn't hook you nearly as well as something like Planescape does, and even then the actual quality of writing is not anywhere near Planescape. It's kind of a bizarre comparison

Trails' writing is both HEAVILY steeped in cliches (granted, it's well done cliches) and extremely back end heavy when it comes to actual interesting developments. Torment drops you into a weird ass world with interesting mysteries from the start.
We are talking about SC here, not FC, and when you are playing it you are already hooked. Its interesting developments also start much earlier, so on the whole I'd say it avoids FC's initial pacing issue (which is undeniable). Anyway, while I agree that comparing it to PS:T makes it look bad, it makes everything else look bad (and very often worse) too, so that's not really surprising or damning.

What I don't agree with is TitS being heavily steeped in clichés. A few character developments maybe, sure, but I've played enough truly cliché-heavy games to know that neither FC nor SC is one of them.

Pretty simple: yours are wrong :p

Auraela

Banned
gotta say skyforge is highly underrated, if this game was sold as a non mmo i think it would be alot more popular. game is a great blast and is basically solo only mostly anyway.

hey wbacon, please tell your trading cards guy to step it up a little :(

http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-525040

I noticed yesterday that two cards from Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2 OTR are identical. I mean yeah, it's essentially the same game, but I think they could have done better.

EDIT
I thought this was going to be about how Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record have four identical trading cards.

Doh...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Zork: Nemesis is a little easier than I remember it, and not a great DOSBox version (hard to get mouse sensitivity right, even on slowest setting it's too fast), but still really glad to play it again on Steam.

Card Boy

Banned
Whats the better version of DMC (Ninja Theory one) from a content point of view? Is it the PC or PS4 version? Or was the PC version patched with all the features of the Definitive Edition?

This is what the XBO and PS4 version has
• 60 fps and 1080p resolution — It looks and feels super smooth to play.
• Uprezzed Graphics — Including textures, characters, and cinematics.
• Big Bundle of Content — The game includes DmC: Devil May Cry, plus all released DLC: Vergil’s Downfall campaign, 3 Dante skins, 3 Dante weapon skins, and the item finder.
• Customizable control layout — Reconfigure and reorganize your button layout to suit your own play-style.
• New Skins — 2 new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil.
• Turbo Mode — Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.
• Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.
• Manual Target Lock — We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.
• Vergil Bloody Palace — Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.
• Must Style Mode — This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.
• Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode — This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment: All enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.
• Rebalanced and Retuned — We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted, and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.
• Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.
• New Cutscene — an added cinematic scene that never made it into the original.

Jawmuncher

Whats the better version of DMC (Ninja Theory one) from a content point of view? Is it the PC or PS4 version? Or was the PC version patched with all the features of the Definitive Edition?

This is what the XBO and PS4 version has

You can do a lot with mods with DmC on PC. But really most talk says to just go with the DE version

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
DmC DE is completely rebalanced to be a more rewarding game also hardcore mode makes it a worthwhile game IMO. It's a pretty good game with the DE changes and I completely disliked the vanilla version it still has pitfalls with the bosses except one and story though.

Battlechili

Banned
I just noticed that after a recent patch I'm no longer able to select resolutions higher than 1080p for Atelier Sophie, whereas before even though I have a 1080p monitor I could select 4k in the launcher settings and then downsample the game. Does anyone know a way around this?
The update was supposed to have fixed the framerate issues when opening menus as well as the broken DLC, and I was going to check, but then I noticed this. I thought maybe I could mess around with the registry like you do for Nights of Azure to increase the resolution but I can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom