• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mystery GAF -- MB-ECF6FE81B7F6F5DA - Taken by voodooray. 28 entrants total.

t1493048882z1.png

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm in Brazil, if I purchase a copy of Full Throttle I won't be able to gift it to a friend who currently lives in the UK, right? I'm out of the loop with Steam region locking and I'm not sure about the reach of the restrictions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm in Brazil, if I purchase a copy of Full Throttle I won't be able to gift it to a friend who currently lives in the UK, right? I'm out of the loop with Steam region locking and I'm not sure about the reach of the restrictions.

Correct. It's practically impossible to accidentally buy a useless gift as Steam tells you no less than three times throughout the checkout process that it'll only be redeemable in certain territories.

Fuu

Bummer. :I It's her birthday today and she mentioned she wants the game on Facebook.

Thanks, Jase! I remember the warning but I hadn't tried the checkout process yet because I didn't remember if it came up before or after the purchase is processed.

JaseC

Bummer. :I It's her birthday today and she mentioned she wants the game on Facebook.

Thanks, Jase!

You could pick up a local Steam Wallet code (assuming Brazil has them). The value will auto-convert to its GBP equivalent upon redemption.

Tizoc

Might I suggest buying from Humblebundle or gog?

Fuu

Might I suggest buying from Humblebundle or gog?
You could pick up a local Steam Wallet code (assuming Brazil has them). The value will auto-convert to its GBP equivalent upon redemption.
They do exist here, I might try that or buying on Humble. Thanks for the suggestions, I haven't been using the online gaming stores much in the past few months so the obvious solutions didn't even occur to me, lol.

Jawmuncher

That DF Retro video on MGS2 has me so hyped for a legacy collection port.

Come on Konami.

There is that rumor of what bluepoint is doing. Everyone assumnes it's Demons Souls. But It could possibly be MGS4 since they mention "remaking it". Which MGS4 would need some stuff cut out to hit other platforms.

NeoRaider

Can SteamDB give us any hints about the patches? I am talking about Bayonetta.
It says that it's updated 5 days ago, that's not good right?

derFeef

If by "pretty good" you mean "amazeballs", then you would be correct.

Shadow Tactics pulled a Talos Principle on me. Both released in mid-Dec., well after I'd completed my GOTY write-ups.

Both completely blew me away, demanding to be edited in near the top of my GOTY list for those years.

Yeah but it's not featuring anime characters and you play it best with M+KB, that does not work very well nowadays (in this thread).

Orgen

That DF Retro video on MGS2 has me so hyped for a legacy collection port.

Come on Konami.

I take that the Metal Gear Solid Collection HD didn't release on PC? I was hunting the game one year ago for the X360 and the prices were crazy :| Let's hope that Konami (or Bluepoint) can make it happen!

I've wanted N++ for a while, but I've never been able to justify the price to myself. I enjoyed the free flash version from waaay back but it's not like I was, A) any good at it, or B) obsessively playing it. It's an impulse buy that's never reached that threshold.

I've sorta been hoping it would get Humble Bundled...
~6 hours, and my eyes are bleeding

wouldn't do it again

What is this?

Kudo

There is that rumor of what bluepoint is doing. Everyone assumnes it's Demons Souls. But It could possibly be MGS4 since they mention "remaking it". Which MGS4 would need some stuff cut out to hit other platforms.

But who would pay for it? Unless some contracts have expired now I doubt Sony would fund a remake/remaster that would be on other platforms too, and Konami, yeah, no.
Majority of Bluepoint remasters have been with Sony so I wouldn't expect it to hit other platforms at this point, unless Konami does it.

Wasnt N++ also in a bundle? I somehow have that game without even knowing it so I guess I must have gotten it in a bundle.

Edit: Yep. It was in a Humble Bundle in January.

Jawmuncher

But who would pay for it? Unless some contracts have expired now I doubt Sony would fund a remake/remaster that would be on other platforms too, and Konami, yeah, no.
Majority of Bluepoint remasters have been with Sony so I wouldn't expect it to hit other platforms at this point, unless Konami does it.

Sony apparently does have as much stake in that game apparently. Kojima said he'd love to see the game on other platforms if someone else did the work. MGS seems like the one IP konami would pay for still. Ports and a spinoff MGS survive but themtime before they have to attempt a MGS6

Kudo

Sony apparently does have as much stake in that game apparently. Kojima said he'd love to see the game on other platforms if someone else did the work. MGS seems like the one IP konami would pay for still. Ports and a spinoff MGS survive but themtime before they have to attempt a MGS6

We haven't heard about Survive in a while too though. Guess everything will be clear come E3.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
If we get more Metal Gear Rising style of games, I might be all in.

Like, the Boss game set wwii, would be awesome.

Wasnt N++ also in a bundle? I somehow have that game without even knowing it so I guess I must have gotten it in a bundle.

Edit: Yep. It was in a Humble Bundle in January.
Huh. I think I saw that back then, too. Don't remember why I passed on it...

Sorry, N++.
Did anyone ever find out why Dishonored 2 runs like a hot dumpster fire?

Different engine from 1. Instead of Unreal it uses the Void Engine, a modified version of idTech 5.

When in doubt, blame idTech!

bbd23

what remains of edith finch reviews dropping.

god damnnnn

the trails games are on sale on gog and now I dont know what I want to pick up for the week

which "whoa graphics" game doesn't run like shit?
aside of ABZU

as I said, not as good as Paint it Back, but it's not really all that bad either, only those huge ones are way too hard on eyes, so yeah
Pictopix is better also.
Most don't stutter like crazy constantly at 1080P with a 980ti at least, although it's about time to upgrade again.

JaseC

image.php

I see it now.

Haha, there is a bit of a resemblance.

Can SteamDB give us any hints about the patches? I am talking about Bayonetta.
It says that it's updated 5 days ago, that's not good right?

Generally speaking, if there's a password-protected branch with a newer build that was recently updated, then there's a patch in active development. I wouldn't worry about five days of dust gathering; the weekend has just come and gone, and the patch may be doing the rounds in QA.

Game Informer's review says the game lasts "a few hours". That was to be expected, but I hope it's more 4-5 than 3-4.

Wait, the PC Asia release still isn't out yet?

Please be excited patient.

Ludens

Banned
I really want a PS4/PC version of the Legacy, but if Knami did nothing until now...and they did nothing when MGSV was still hot and upcoming, I doubt they will do something this year when the hot thing is SURVIVE.
Yeah, it's the 30th anniversary of MGS, but Konami doesn't love easy money, otherwise they would have released all Silent Hill on GOG/Steam already.

Grief.exe

Konami is still a publicly traded company, still needs to show growth, and still publishes games.

Remasters are low risk and generate higher margins than a new game.

Personally, I don't blame them from taking a step back from a console industry that is set to stagnate at best over the next decade.

I really want a PS4/PC version of the Legacy, but if Knami did nothing until now...and they did nothing when MGSV was still hot and upcoming, I doubt they will do something this year when the hot thing is SURVIVE.
Yeah, it's the 30th anniversary of MGS, but Konami doesn't love easy money, otherwise they would have released all Silent Hill on GOG/Steam already.

That would seem to be more difficult than what's at face value. Konami clearly doesn't have the rights to some of the original content, lost access to the original files, and the remaster that does exist was a complete mess.

NeoRaider

Haha, there is a bit of a resemblance.

Generally speaking, if there's a password-protected branch with a newer build that was recently updated, then there's a patch in active development. I wouldn't worry about five days of dust gathering; the weekend has just come and gone, and the patch may be doing the rounds in QA.

Game Informer's review says the game lasts "a few hours". That was to be expected, but I hope it's more 4-5 than 3-4.

Please be excited patient.

Thanks for the info!

Ludens

Banned
That would seem to be more difficult than what's at Dave value. Konami clearly doesn't have the rights to some of the original content, lost access to the original files, and the remaster that does exist was a complete mess.

Umh, I can't understand your post. What is a complete mess? The HD Collection? That one is pretty good, I own it on PS3 and it runs on 60 fps with some little dips from time to time, but the port is really good, Bluepoint did an awesome job.
Regarding Silent Hill, 2 3 and 4 are already supergood as they are now, only 4 needs some fixes to run on HD monitor. Konami has the rights of everything, otherwise I doubt the HD Collection would be on PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom