• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seahorse looking fantastic there. I aprove.

Dinjoralo

Getting ready for the PC port

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

...Pfffffffhaaaahaha. Good one. I'm gonna assume the game just doesn't run at a consistently capped framerate. Or the software engineers woke up.

Shenzen I/O is really good for sating my programming appetite.

Tagyhag

So the devs from the PS3 emulator found out that Persona 5 can run at arbitrary framerates no problem (if your hardware is powerful enough).
Of course the emulator isn't far enough for that to be a viable option yet, but this means that even if Atlus doesn't care, there'll be a way to play Persona 5 4k/60 on PC in the future.

Wait, so wtf happened to Persona 5 on the PS4?

I assumed it was locked 30fps because it was tied to the game's logic or something.

Endruen

Out of the shower booty aint bad tho.

5-reasons-we-forget-presentations-37-638.jpg

Fiending for adventure games, what are the best Wadjet Eye games? Don't think I've ever played one other than Gemini Rue.

Or recommend any other non Lucasarts gems. How was Silence? Are the Deponia games worth playing?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Fiending for adventure games, what are the best Wadjet Eye games? Don't think I've ever played one other than Gemini Rue. Or any other non Lucasarts gems.

How was Silence? Are the Deponia games worth playing?

You have never played any other non Lucasarts games.

Which means you have never played Myst. Or Riven. Or King's Quest. Or Space Quest. Or Syberia 1/2. Bro. Bro. Bro.

Jawmuncher

Which means you have never played Myst. Or Riven. Or King's Quest. Or Space Quest. Or Syberia 1/2. Bro. Bro. Bro.

Even i've played Myst and Riven, so bro. bro. bro is right.
Never was smart enough to beat them though

Parsnip

I summon Durante! Does the quality of the items crafted in sophie only influence the price?
If my memory serves me right, that's pretty much it for anything that Sophie can cook in her pot.
But for weapon and armor crafting you will want to use highest quality mats you have, higher quality means higher stats. So cooking high quality ingot or whatever from which Logy makes a weapon is very useful.
There's a quality glitch in Sophie that you can use to make maximum quality weapons and armor if you are so inclined.

Wait, so wtf happened to Persona 5 on the PS4?

I assumed it was locked 30fps because it was tied to the game's logic or something.

It still probably is. Just because something doesn't immediately break at a higher framerate doesn't mean it eventually won't.

Fiending for adventure games, what are the best Wadjet Eye games? Don't think I've ever played one other than Gemini Rue. Or any other non Lucasarts gems.

How was Silence? Are the Deponia games worth playing?

Avoid Technobabylon, first chapter was interesting but then Charlie Regis happens

Teggy

Tonight I downloaded KOTOR for some reason (been watching Rebels, could be it). I installed Flawless Widesceen. Got black screen, had to reboot computer to get out of it. Went through a bunch of troubleshooting, had to reboot 2 more times. Uninstalled Flawless Widescreen, uninstalled KOTOR.

Would it kill Bioware to spend a few days patching in widescreen and resolutions?

I am porting Dino Crisis 1 & 2 HD to PC.

It will be on the steam store.

Funny thing is that it already works perfect even on windows 10 out of the box. Just that there is a border and you can't full screen without the borders. There is 1080p as an option in game and it looks nice with that resolution.

Oh whoops, to clarify I meant recommend any other non lucasarts point and click adventures that are more recent. I'm pretty sure I'm the only other person here currently playing Syberia 3 lol.

I am porting Dino Crisis 1 & 2 HD to PC.

It will be on the steam store.

I'm catching onto you. You're not really into Dino Crisis, you're just building up this character. Making us believe that you're the end all Dino Crisis fan. Now you're setting up the pieces for a Dino Crisis spiritual sequel kickstarter. Dump out some Unity game with asset flips and run off with the money, you almost go away with it but I figured it all out.

Jawmuncher

Funny thing is that it already works perfect even on windows 10 out of the box. Just that there is a border and you can't full screen without the borders. There is 1080p as an option in game and it looks nice with that resolution.

Yeah the both ports hold up surprisingly well on modern systems. I was just getting at this guy I doubt has approval already from nintendo.

I'm catching onto you. You're not really into Dino Crisis, you're just building up this character. Making us believe that you're the end all Dino Crisis fan. Now you're setting up the pieces for a Dino Crisis spiritual sequel kickstarter. Dump out some Unity game with asset flips and run off with the money, you almost go away with it but I figured it all out.

giphyifufm.gif

7 years on gaf down the drain in an instant.
I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for your meddling and that damn dog too!

It's really not the "dinosaurs on a spaceship!" premise that gets in the way, but those damned RE tank controls. Same way that RE2 is basically the best game in the series, but those goddamn controls are why you'd never play it now. But the whole Mr X boss thing was pretty awesome. I have no idea why Capcom hasn't remade that one yet.

But ehm, on a serious note it is kind of odd that they didn't just put DC on gog since it was released on PC before, so there's nothing holding a rerelease back. Maybe there are license issues or Capcom just doesn't want to confuse RE fans (or insult them perhaps).

Wait, why am I talking about this?

Dino Crisis 3 is a game played entirely from the perspective of 3D Ninja Gaiden platforming sequences. So unbelievably horrid.

I never played it, I liked the graphics but that's about it.

It's really not the "dinosaurs on a spaceship!" premise that gets in the way, but those damned RE tank controls. Same way that RE2 is basically the best game in the series, but those goddamn controls are why you'd never play it now. But the whole Mr X boss thing was pretty awesome. I have no idea why Capcom hasn't remade that one yet.

But ehm, on a serious note it is kind of odd that they didn't just put DC on gog since it was released on PC before, so there's nothing holding a rerelease back. Maybe there are license issues or Capcom just doesn't want to confuse RE fans (or insult them perhaps).

Wait, why am I talking about this?

Dino in space concept was dumb actually. RE tank controls are great and people had zero issues with it at the time. I would literally play RE 2 right now and have zero issues with tank controls, in fact I wish RE 8 brought them back. I think if enough people say they want it then they will listen. Look what people did for sega games, they gathered together using social media and got sega's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom