• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Am I the only one thinking Sega ported Bayonetta (and possibly Vanquish) on PC just to sell a 40€ Remaster for each on Ps4 like they did with Valkyria?
The PS4 Valkyria thingy happened because Sega Japan wanted to shove the Azure Revolution demo somewhere in.
Which amusingly (sadly?) backfired, because the game didn't really get a warm reception, which lead to a budget cut and a refocus on Vita and an endproduct that seems to range in the bad - mediocre range.

I'm not sure if the game would have become better without meddling, but showing off alpha-version demos to gather feedback doesn't always seem to work out.

yuraya

Really epic how they are teasing it but I'm not really excited for Vanquish. I wish they would do Resonance of Fate instead. But I guess this is all Platinums doing after the successful sales of Bayo. Its not too surprising at all they would instantly green light and/or tease the next port.

Hektor

Really epic how they are teasing it but I'm not really excited for Vanquish. I wish they would do Resonance of Fate instead. But I guess this is all Platinums doing after the successful sales of Bayo. Its not too surprising at all they would instantly green light and tease the next port.

Since Bayo and Vanquish are both ported by Platinum (I assume), i wouldn't be too surprised now if there's a third game from someone else in the pipe

That was a really big turnaround for me, just over a month ago i still thought SEGA had given up on their PC initiative and now this

Endruen

No, but there will be much activity around the troll posts.

Also:
xAtqonm.png

What about multiplayer only games?
Besides, it isn't easy for the system to guess how much % you've completed.

Ascheroth

Really epic how they are teasing it but I'm not really excited for Vanquish. I wish they would do Resonance of Fate instead. But I guess this is all Platinums doing after the successful sales of Bayo. Its not too surprising at all they would instantly green light and/or tease the next port.
My man.

I don't think they're starting only now. Platinum teased Vanquish sometime last year.
It increasingly looks like SEGA really have a number of things cooking and they're going to release things at a faster rate now.
That was a really big turnaround for me, just over a month ago i still thought SEGA had given up on their PC initiative and now this
Lol yeah.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
*sees an anime screenshot of an anime you don't want to watch but has a nice scene, i.e. someone sleeping on a bara tiger's bare, fluffy, muscular chest*

uh

anyway what game do you not like that has features you like

Anteater

I still think vanquish lack the content Bayo has, also god hard's balance is whack unless you're a gaming god like those people who play master ninja mode with their feet, but fine, I'll buy it and shill for it

Dinjoralo

*sees an anime screenshot of an anime you don't want to watch but has a nice scene, i.e. someone sleeping on a bara tiger's bare, fluffy, muscular chest*

uh

<-<

God eater's multiplayer stuff on PC. Shame the combat is complete shit.
Or Guilty Gear's gorgeous cel-shading in a fighting game I just cannot keep pace with.

Tizoc

uh

Bara is OK
Barafying Shotas and Bishis is not
Keep it orderly, kiddo.

Ascheroth

uh

That anime is pretty mediocre tbh.
I don't know what bara means and I'm not sure I need to know.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: every turn-based game needs a button to skip animations.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Also:
xAtqonm.png

I continue to disagree with this. I think it's fair to say that some good games are less than 2 hours long, or just over 2 hours long to the point that someone could almost finish the game and then refund it. That is definitely a hazard of making a short game. But the question becomes how do you convince players of the value so they don't refund. And I don't believe the answer is "actually, players are all jerks looking to scam you".

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Bara is OK
Barafying Shotas and Bishis is not
Keep it orderly, kiddo.

uh Grimoire of Zero has no shotas

That anime is pretty mediocre tbh.
I don't know what bara means and I'm not sure I need to know.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: every turn-based game needs a button to skip animations.

By default it's a genre, "man's love for man", but nowadays is referred to physique usually found in that genre, usually big and muscular

and I kinda expected it to be mediocre judging by the source material, but man I got so many retweets of that scene.

I should really get a Nep-Nep game for cheap.

<-<

God eater's multiplayer stuff on PC. Shame the combat is complete shit.
Or Guilty Gear's gorgeous cel-shading in a fighting game I just cannot keep pace with.

I wish more games had GGXrd's style, or is hard to do?

Jawmuncher

Lots of Sega teasing today. I'm curious how a Sega 3 would go. Especially if they ditched Nintendo. Will Bayo 2 just be an odd game left out in the series? Can't recall too many times that has happened lately.

Tizoc

So based on a post that Bernardo 1 posted, what licensing issues does SEGA need to go through to get those Saturn games released on Steam or modern platforms? Let's make it simple and leave out titles that had input from artists and the like (eg Panzer Dragoon).

I'VE SEEN WHAT YOU DO!

gelf

Also:
xAtqonm.png

Not all games fall nicely into a percentage completed metric because they are designed to be played more then once or even technically cant be completed at all like say an old school arcadey high score thing, not to mention multiplayer games. Who on earth would decide what the right refund window is for all of these in a none curated store.

cyba89

I feel like N++ was always a little aggressive with it's pricing.

All I've heard is people rave about it, but it looks like a Newgrounds game and it rarely has a deep discount

15€ is agressive pricing for around 100 hours worth of super-polished 2D-platformer content with lots of secrets, multiplayer coop and a huge kickass soundtrack.
Now I've heard it all.

And that "looks like a Newsgrounds game" remark gets so old at this point.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lost Moon -- MB-096D9BD619FB92C9 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Bayonetta 3 Skorpio Exclusive.

Not all games fall nicely into a percentage completed metric because they are designed to be played more then once or even technically cant be completed at all like say an old school arcadey high score thing, not to mention multiplayer games. Who on earth would decide what the right refund window is for all of these in a none curated store.

Oh, this is true. It's kind of the inverse issue short "experiences" have.

Like, who would decide what 1% of Civilization or a roguelike would be? One match, i.e. a couple minutes? Or tens of hours? And is it decided by the developer, crowdsourced from players, or set by Valve themselves?

But really, the refund window should be there to cover technical issues first, which don't always arise immediately. Shortening the refund window would be unacceptable to me.
Back when this game came out I had so much trouble looking at the design of this helmet. My brain always tried to tell me that the lower part is the helmets visor. I hope modders will add googly eyes to that helmet.
Welp, I'm never going to unsee that.

Hektor

They just released NieR: Automata, they'rwe porting both Bayonetta and Vanquish, and now they#re teasing Bayonetta 3.

Platinum is fucken killing it

It seems they are teasing Bayonetta 3

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=234590139

Maybe that's gonna be multiplat if true? Who knows. Would be crazy
If Bayo 3 was announced, I would not be shocked if they decided to skip on a PC port. After having VC do well on PC, for the US release of Azure Revolution they decided to go with an Xbox One port, where even a major Japanese title like Final Fantasy XV doesn't do so great. I'm not to broken up by that since it sounds like Azure Revolution is bad but it shows where Sega stands on date and day releases for PC.

Dinjoralo

By default it's a genre, "man's love for man", but nowadays is referred to physique usually found in that genre, usually big and muscular

and I kinda expected it to be mediocre judging by the source material, but man I got so many retweets of that scene.

I should really get a Nep-Nep game for cheap.

I wish more games had GGXrd's style, or is hard to do?

Not really, if their dev talk on it is anything to go by. It's just regular cel-shading, but they modify the normals on their models to keep it looking flat. Along with a couple other texturing tricks to have outlines drawn on the models that don't look bad upscaled.

MUnited83

For you.
Azure Revolution was in development before VC came out on PC as far as I know, game development just don't happen in a day

VC came out on PC in 2014, Azure Revolution came out in 2017. Game development happens over and over and over in the course of three years. Many japanese development teams pump out their games in one year or two.

Anteater

VC came out on PC in 2014, Azure Revolution came out in 2017. Game development happens over and over and over in the course of three years. Many japanese development teams pump out their games in one year or two.

release date doesn't tell us when the project actually started though

Ozium

Curious hows Immortal Redneck plays..

it's the devs first non-mobile game and the art style of some of the enemies has a mobile feel to it

Azure Revolution was in development before VC came out on PC as far as I know, game development just don't happen in a day
They worked on an Xbox One port for the western release. I know PC porting is awhole different beast but still. I'm just saying I can't excited with Sega PC ports till I see a major Japanese title get a day and date release on PC.

Ascheroth

That doesn't change the fact that the games development started just before the release of VC PC, which means that it was not a response to it and its success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom