• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm still hoping there's a classic jrpg revival thing on kickstarter or whatever the same way there was one for crpgs

like, i'm super glad square enix continues to spend silly money on making final fantasy insane production values spectacle (same with persona 5), and i wish more games did that too, but i feel like tools and craftmanship have advanced enough that making low fi jrpgs should be easier now?

specially cos the jrpg space used to be really wide and experimental, from chrono trigger to super mario rpg to breath of fire to valkyrie profile to suikoden to persona to parasite eve to front mission to xenogears. probably so many more

like i really wish japanese devs took to kickstarter to make something weird along those lines

like tits is alright i guess but it's so generic compared to all of those games

Hektor

like, i'm super glad square enix continues to spend silly money on making final fantasy insane production values spectacle

These insane production values are why the final fantasy franchise has been in a nonstop disaster for a decade now.

I'm not sure if that's something to be glad about. I'd rather have them lower their ambitions for their next games, persona 5 shows how it's possible to do that and still deliver an amazing jrpg

Arthea

These insane production values are why the final fantasy franchise has been in a nonstop disaster for a decade now.

I'm not sure if that's something to be glad about. I'd rather have them lower their ambitions for their next games, persona 5 shows how it's possible to do that and still deliver an amazing jrpg

I'm not sure that is budget related, FF7 had an insane budget for a game of that time and it's one of the best games ever.

I personally think that FF is where it is because SE doesn't have people with any vision of that franchise anymore (or even care) or don't let them do what they wish. One of those. I'm more inclined to think that no vision is the case considering all FF13 versus debacle.

Anyone? I found it at $50 at GameBillet, but never heard of this site before.

GameBillet is legit as far as I know.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/618970/Outcast__Second_Contact/

header.jpg

Storepage for the Outcast Remake.

Oh hell yeah, I'll be getting it just for 9 then, easily my favourite of the OG MMs.

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 hitting STEAM on June 1st. About a week after the console version. Seems like ASW is still taking way too long with these PC releases.

Tekken 7 hits June 2nd.

Fighting game fans rejoice.

Also people who picked up Centrafiction and can't stand how pixellated the sprites are, there are some fixes on the STEAM forum.

Comparison of the original look
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/208181
It seems ASW is finally interested in my money then!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Little Nightmares is stunning so far. I wish I had more time to play it last night and I'm bummed that I'm probably going to be busy all weekend as it is the type of game that I'd like to play in as few play sessions as possible.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looks like I'll have to ask foreign friends to gift me Nier Automata and pay them. Local price is so jacked up thanks to SE.

Pachimari

Man, I really can't get into these Trails games. I get bored way too early, and can't focus on it. I'll try and give it one more chance though, where I really sit down and only focus on this one game, trying to immerse myself in the story.

NeoRaider

it's the first time I hear about all this
on all GPUs?

*plot twist
what if Platinum is too busy with porting Vanquish?

Well you can check Steam forums and see for yourself. Many ppl are reporting these issues and it looks like it's even worse on AMD hardware.

Irony is that pirated version of the game doesn't have these random FPS drops and performance issues. It works great. Because steam_api is causing them.

Anteater

it's the first time I hear about all this
on all GPUs?

*plot twist
what if Platinum is too busy with porting Vanquish?

MSAA is broken on all GPUs but I've heard that x2 works from some people, but I don't use it so I don't know, for the others they seem to be system specific (or maybe OS?), I have none of the other problems, but there's one time that the game started stuttering and I had to relaunch it so I wouldn't be surprised there's some weird issues that only manifest itself on certain hardware configurations.

Phinor

It works for me, but it won't work if u use paypal.
I've bought rom them the other day and the code went thru. Try to buy thru Internet Explorer if your usual browser doesn't continue the transaction.

Supposedly they finally changed/fixed it so that it only works couple of times per account and obviously you have to be logged in before the code can work in the first place.

Eila

feels like the perfect number for that game

like, i kind of want to see where that story goes but i think the game part is pretty bad?

they should make an anime or something for ppl like me, i want voiced olivier

Funny because there is an anime adaptation that skipped straight to SC.

Uzzy

Here's an interesting article over on PC Gamer about dialogue in video games, the challenges involved in writing it, and the future of it. Talking to Adam Hines (Oxenfree), Leanne Taylor-Giles (Watch Dogs 2) and of course, stupid sexy Chris Avellone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom