• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondD

The Long Dark is 50% off right now. This is the last chance to buy it at early access price. Now is the time to buy it if you are interested.

prudislav

Hasn't almost every Prey promo video been some physics engine / mimic showoff shit? Throwing around items was big around when Half-Life 2 came out, you need more than that to get me in 2017.

Or just put the original Prey 2 as preorder bonus and then I'll buy 2 copies.
too bad that ever since HL2 so little games came close to it in the physics or in the lirrle details department .... like overall environment interctivity is way lower nowadays, less little deteails or physic stuff like working mirrors , buzt yay we got setpieces, head motion cature for cutscenes, little to no interactivity and glorious explosions

Corpekata

Banned
from the dev on steam forum

I know it's being removed. I am just laughing imagining a world where a 7 year old game with a rep of Two Worlds 2 releasing DLC didn't remove what was probably one of the most aggressive forms of DRM I've ever experienced. The fact that it's "news" was just amusing me.

Volimar

It must suck to be a marketing team for games. You basically HAVE to hype the game up to ridiculous expectations just to keep it from getting lost in the sea of releases, and then when the game inevitably fails to live up to the hype, you get blamed for overselling it. I don't envy them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's already massively discounted in Australia before launch. Target are selling retail copies for $64, Big W for $62, and JB Hi-Fi are the lowest at $59, making it the cheapest AAA release in recent years.

That's actually nothing out of the ordinary for AAA releases. PC games here are typically $10 cheaper than their console counterparts and the likes of Big W and JB HiFi are often the cheapest option for launch week. E.g. Uncharted 4 was $69.

Mr. Tibbs

That's actually nothing out of the ordinary for AAA releases. PC games here are typically $10 cheaper than their console counterparts and the likes of Big W and JB HiFi are often the cheapest option for launch week.

Crazy, I live in Australia and have never seen any AAA PS4/Xbox One game priced at $59 at launch.

def sim

I imagine developers feel less incentive to release a PC demo with practically no questions asked refunds.

You're probably right. I only wanted to know if it runs well on my PC, so I'll just wait until after release for some impressions.

I think I'm about to pay 350 dollars for a switch on a craigslist. If I get killed remember why PC gaming is so beautiful.

My last few craigslist deals have been made near a police station. It's apparently a pretty normal request on there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Crazy, I live in Australia and have never seen any AAA PS4/Xbox One game priced at $59 at launch.

Yeah, we get the shaft when it comes to RRP, but larger general retailers are usually pretty good about running launch week deals on titles they assume will be popular. Just goes to show how ridiculous the mark-up is. Thanks, distributors!

I think I'm about to pay 350 dollars for a switch on a craigslist. If I get killed remember why PC gaming is so beautiful.

I will only feel shame that you died for a Switch and not PC gaming.

I hope you're bringing somebody with you to get the Switch, pretty dangerous to do a craigslist visit alone.

Sure you don't want to wait until after tomorrow? I'd have to imagine retailers are holding stock for the weekend for the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe release.
I mean it's only like a 20 dollar premium when you factor tax in and at least I don't have to worry about getting to a store at 7 am or something.

I mean it's only like a 20 dollar premium when you factor tax in and at least I don't have to worry about getting to a store at 7 am or something.

Yeah that's true. Well be safe and try to bring someone with you if you can. Good luck!

Prey demo was alright. Not a big fan of the mimics in the demo though. Shooting head crabs isn't fun.

At least it was fun to shoot them with the GLOO Cannon and hit them with a wrench. Outside of that trying to hit them with a silenced pistol or shotgun was not fun at all.

Mivey

I imagine developers feel less incentive to release a PC demo with practically no questions asked refunds.
They went out of their way to release one for Dishonored² after like a half a year of its release. Maybe the PC port is just a bit behind schedule and they are simply postponing it to work on the release version. Of course, that's doesn't support my cynical world view so probably not true.

Vibranium

Banned
Bayonetta done, whew, I suck ass at character action games but I enjoyed my time with it despite my ability to dodge being terrible. Also unlike many people I really like the character moments and craziness of the plot, but then again, I like anime and manga so yeah.

Also, Luka's design is way better in Bayonetta 1, I get that he's a typical goofy guy with a heart of gold who Bayo loves to tease but that dumb cowboy look in 2 is not good. I'd go back to a simple classy suit with the scarf, Fourth Doctor style, in a third game if one was ever made.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Unlike other, lesser posters I do not need to denigrate inferior characters to appreciate the best of the best.

Nintendo turned Daisy into a pale-faced skank BTW.

I miss the third eye
6df741d52b8d2cb378317b5da2b35299.jpg

I was about to praise how smooth the switch ui was and then I got to the store and found out there is still not a fucking cart option.

Switch tax is real too, 40 fucking dollars for Isaac on e shop. And sales tax. And no paypal >_> Might grab shovel knight here tho.

On topic, anyone have Expeditions: Viking impressions and specifically in regards to the writing and story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom