• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tyranny Portrait Pack feels so wrong.
ss_69981504a429ae71330959a034332803616248c0.jpg

ss_9e4a0128c9ca874aa0767550036eff9e69d74687.jpg

ss_95a0d301015d9a54dec78c44f974315c3b416000.jpg
Yes, a few bucks for some portraits. Not a terrible deal by modern standards or anything, but still... I wanted more Tyranny, but not like this.

Kyros pls.
at a stunning 18 frames per second!

Cinematic gaming bliss.

I quite like Jim Sterling and TB :-/

Don't tell me THAT is the DLC??

Yup.
ABOUT THIS CONTENT

Customize your Fatebinder with a selection of 20 new character portraits, providing new ways to portray your character's look and feel. This added portrait pack offers more options to players who wish to experience Tyranny with a Fatebinder that matches their personal vision.

The pack features:
  • 20 new in-game Fatebinder portraits
  • Artwork featuring male and female characters in a variety of outfits
  • Unwavering loyalty to Kyros

It's really not that different from Crusader Kings 2's portrait packs (also by Paradox), but those don't have the sort of history CRPGs do attached to them.

Like, it's been standard to import your own portrait since, I think, Baldur's Gate? It's kind of been a staple of the genre. (Neverwinter Nights had a huuuuuuuuuuuuggggeee community making ~free~ portraits, and literally anyone could make their own as well.)

Uzzy

Don't tell me THAT is the DLC??

Nope.

We have some exciting things lined up for the world of Tyranny going forward!

To tease your pallet the Overlord Kyros will first bring some new faces to all the Fatebinders out there! Our new character Portrait Pack releases right here on Steam on April 4th at $3.99, what comes next, you will have to wait and see.

I quite like Jim Sterling and TB :-/
I think my first experience with Jim Sterling was opening one of his YouTube videos on the bus where we was dressed not like I expected in front of what looked like a Nazi flag. I quickly had to get off the video so the people around me didn't think I was some Nazi sympathizer.

Echoplx

Hmm this could be used to roll back Mad Max to when it properly supported the steam controller

Shame it downloads by default to where Steam is installed, I don't have enough space on my SSD.

Just tested every version of the game back to release and none of them worked properly with the Steam Controller.

Is it possible that valve screwed something in the API?

Kaleinc

Banned
I think my first experience with Jim Sterling was opening one of his YouTube videos on the bus where we was dressed not like I expected in front of what looked like a Nazi flag. I quickly had to get off the video so the people around me didn't think I was some Nazi sympathizer.
First time I opened his video I saw another Final Fantasy character nerd raging over some trivial matter. Was the last time too.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally got around watching the jim sterling video

glad to hear valve are thinking of going with the low hundreds for the steam direct fee

there's better ways to tell if games are worth being on steam

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just tested every version of the game back to release and none of them worked properly with the Steam Controller.

Is it possible that valve screwed something in the API?

Are you downloading both primary depots (234141 and 234142)? The latter probably has the Steam Controller stuff. I'd run a quick test myself, but I don't have a Steam Controller.

Echoplx

Are you downloading both primary depots (234141 and 234142)? The latter probably has the Steam Controller stuff. I'd run a quick test myself, but I don't have a Steam Controller.

I just downloaded 234142, I don't think the data files would change much and it ran fine just rolling back the exes.

I tried the new Switch Pro Controller for an extended amount of time in Zelda and I gotta say, it's damn good. The triggers are still digital but they feel really good.

I wonder if I can use this for cemu eventually and remap the gyro controls, since the controller has it built in. It's more comfortable than the Xbox One controller too with a similar battery life.

Cemu is so cool, still going to get a Switch soon but this will definitely hold me off for a month or two until Bomberman drops in price and something other than Zelda is out because it's not the best way to play it now.

ah has it? well I dont own 90% of it so I assumed it hadnt. My bad.
Yes, everything from this bundle was bundled before except Swordbreaker DLC

Dishonoured 2 getting a free trial? Very nice, I hope people here get to experience last years best game. I played a bit of it at the weekend, picking up an achievement I had missed the first time round, but it's one that, for me at least, shows off exactly why that game's incredible.

Love this game.
I just finished mission 6 and i agree, level design in this game is masterpiece. I solved the riddle without solution but still explored whole level before going to next mission. Already spent over 20 hours on this game and I'm definitely going for second playthrough with high-chaos after finishing my full stealth run. If only engine wasn't shit, technical issues and bad framerate really spoiling my overall impressions about this game.

Posted it already in that Jimquisition thread, but somehow the idea of "Steam Explorers" seems... kinda bad?

I could see you have some of those being the "60fps masterrace" explorers. Some might be the "Animu is trash explorers" or "Game not available in English? Lets "downvote" it."

JaseC

Posted it already in that Jimquisition thread, but somehow the idea of "Steam Explorers" seems... kinda bad?

I could see you have some of those being the "60fps masterrace" explorers. Some might be the "Animu is trash explorers" or "Game not available in English? Lets "downvote" it."

The selection "explorers" will have will be individually tailored by the recommendation system, which ought to at least minimise such behaviour. I assume the planned features/tweaks Valve shared will be part of another Discovery Update.

Arthea

The western release of Akiba’s Trip 2, known as Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed outside of Japan, is estimated to have topped 360,000 units as of the end of 2016.

according to steamspy Akiba is at 90K owners on steam, meaning PS3/PS4/Vita sales are 270K. For once we know how steam sales compare.
As it's an info from Famitsu, I'm not entirely sure digital sales or PC sales are even counted, but I assume they are.

for comparison it has 300K sales in Japan, but that's both games, and we got only second.

The selection "explorers" will have will be individually tailored by the recommendation system, which ought to at least minimise such behaviour. I assume the planned features/tweaks Valve shared will be part of another Discovery Update.

But if I understood it correctly they will still be some kind of curators and imo the current curator system is used by most popular curators just to advertise their YT videos and articles.

And I can see that some of those explorers might be biased.

JaseC

But if I understood it correctly they will still be some kind of curators and imo the current curator system is used by most popular curators just to advertise their YT videos and articles.

And I can see that some of those explorers might be biased.

All exploring will entail is combing through a small(?) selection of games that the recommendation system perceives as potentially interesting to you but seemingly underappreciated by the community at large and indicating which of those you enjoyed playing. The curator system will still be its own thing; the purpose of the explorer program is to potentially give lesser-known titles a second lease at life by raising their prominence in the recommendation system.

gelf

I'm fine with Jim Sterling, hes a bit OTT and I don't always agree with him but he seems a decent enough sort. At least unlike TB he isn't afraid to call out GG types for thier garbage. I've refused to give TB any clicks for years now for his apologist stance to those guys and his YouTube buddies.

Wok

All exploring will entail is combing through a small(?) selection of games that the recommendation system perceives as potentially interesting to you but seemingly underappreciated by the community at large and indicating which of those you enjoyed playing. The curator system will still be its own thing; the purpose of the explorer program is to potentially give lesser-known titles a second lease at life by raising their prominence in the recommendation system.

So how does that work? Is everyone a Steam explorer? Do we get user-specific recommandations of games, one of which can be refunded each week no question asked. How is that different to having a free game a week?

JaseC

So how does that work? Is everyone a Steam explorer?

Yes. Well, more accurately, everyone can be one.

Do we get user-specific recommandations of games, one of which can be refunded each week no question asked.

Yes, though technically it's just irrespective of time played. It's possible that if Valve can determine that you finished the game, then your refund request will be denied.
How is that different to having a free game a week?

If nothing else, you can only choose a title from the limited selection that the recommendation system provided. You can't just pick, say, Prey17.

NeoRaider

Can i giveaway this -40% discount for INSIDE on Steam? If yes, anyone want it??

I already have both Limbo and INSIDE. But i feel like it will end up in Humble Monthly soon anyway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Choice Chamber -- MB-672D066552630BCC - Taken by NingenJanai
Tricky Towers -- MB-B0BCDFAB62B28A03 - Taken by data

MaxiLive

PREY EXCLUSIVE WALKTHROUGH GAMEPLAY | Nightmare Boss Mission (2017)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtX0yzw1Wi0

Maybe some stuff you haven't seen yet.

Why the commentary if he isn't even playing it o_O I watched the first minute and he doesn't mention and opinions or anything it is just him brain farting reactions to the video.

Thanks for sharing the gameplay though, I'm looking forward to it.

I suppose he makes it clear what the video is at the start of the video it is just odd to see what becomes content on Youtube these days!

Annubis

Yes. Well, more accurately, everyone can be one.

Yes, though technically it's just irrespective of time played. It's possible that if Valve can determine that you finished the game, then your refund request will be denied.

If nothing else, you can only choose a title from the limited selection that the recommendation system provided. You can't just pick, say, Prey17.

Seems fairly easy to flag for explorers at the most basic level. You just want to flag products that have few reviews and low recent sales.

If it's good, it will get more positive reviews and some word of mouth. If it's bad, it will get negative reviews and be forgotten.

JaseC

I'm sorry but I'm not a native english speaker. Does the previous sentence mean we will get a steam copy of Arcade Saga for free?

I think she means any Vive owner.

Edit: Yeah, the HTC blog post is clearer:
We're leaving the smash cake at home and are instead dropping freebies to say thanks to all of our year one customers with:

- A free month of Viveport Subscription;
- A free download of Arcade Saga
- $100 off Vive for new customers;
- And more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom