• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
thanks for the birthday wishes friendos

odallus is pretty neat, i really dig how it looks and feels and its tiny bits of metroidvania are pretty satisfying

i kind of wish it would stop kicking my ass but i guess that's kind of what makes it feel rewarding

sometimes it feels a bit much like you're just mindlessly trading blows but generally it's fun to play and the levels feel like they got the perfect amount of depth that are interesting to explore but digging all the secrets hasn't gotten me looking into guides just yet

cool game, at the very least vastly superior to nier 2, objectively speaking, ofc

oni-link

thanks for the birthday wishes friendos

odallus is pretty neat, i really dig how it looks and feels and its tiny bits of metroidvania are pretty satisfying

i kind of wish it would stop kicking my ass but i guess that's kind of what makes it feel rewarding

sometimes it feels a bit much like you're just mindlessly trading blows but generally it's fun to play and the levels feel like they got the perfect amount of depth that are interesting to explore but digging all the secrets hasn't gotten me looking into guides just yet

cool game, at the very least vastly superior to nier 2, objectively speaking, ofc

Are you using a controller? This game is in my backlog but I don't know how well it will play on kb/m and the controller I was using for PC games died on me

On a slightly related topic, is there a SNES/retro style usb controller that is considered good for these old style indie games?

Edit: also happy birthday

zkylon

zkylewd
Are you using a controller? This game is in my backlog but I don't know how well it will play on kb/m and the controller I was using for PC games died on me

On a slightly related topic, is there a SNES/retro style usb controller that is considered good for these old style indie games?

Edit: also happy birthday
yeah i'm playing it on a ps4 controller

i haven't tried it on the keyboard but i'm guessing it's alright? the game is very well made so i'd be surprised if it's noticeably worse on a keyboard outside of the obvious

do get a controller tho, i feel like i play 9/10 pc games on a controller nowadays

MaxiLive

also btw it's my birthday but my brother apparently did some dumb stuff with my credit card so can't make a dumb giveaway...

Happy Birthday!
g2FvUH1.jpg

It is taking me around 20 minutes per a puzzle in The Witness at the moment, such slow going! I understand the rules of the puzzle (I think) but I can't make it work without trying 20 different combinations. Then as soon as I solve the possible it becomes sooooooooooooooooo obvious, so it doesn't feel very rewarding at the moment :p

Kudo

we don't know release dates yet, unless I missed something

edited: aside that it's 2017 title, that is

25.05 for Japan PS4, Western release was announced few months back so I guess there's hope it might not be too long of a wait.

Got my Dawn of War III closed beta key, can't wait to play it the whole weekend. Also, RIP my 52 games challenge, i'm playing only Dishonored 2 and Nier: Automata for almost month already and now i'm also stuck with Fallout Shelter. Too much games, too little free time.

Arthea

Trails 3 hype time

courtesy of the localization blog
http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization

Got my Dawn of War III closed beta key, can't wait to play it the whole weekend. Also, RIP my 52 games challenge, i'm playing only Dishonored 2 and Nier: Automata for almost month already and now i'm also stuck with Fallout Shelter. Too much games, too little free time.

I'm at 12 finished games myself, so yeah, it's not looking promising for me too, especially considering that I will be playing Trails 3 for months.

The bosses are too easy in Specter Knight. I died like once or twice against 5 bosses in total. In the original SK most bosses took me 2 to 5 attempts.

Eila

Yeah, someone do that. Ask about a possible Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash for PC too!

I'd say that's a given but they're not going to go and announce it just like that. With Shinovi Versus and Akiba's Trip PC sales exceeding their expectations you can bet your ass they're going to bring the sequels over as well.

What are the best JRPGs on Steam that will run on a crappy PC?

Other than Trails in the Sky I adored Half-Minute Hero (specially 2). It's an homage type game but when it gets serious...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Arthea should enter for it -- MB-624FF68872ECFAE3 - Taken by Arthea

Arthea

OK I did, it's the first mystery giveaway I entered ...

edited:
steam didn't show me what that is but I already have it, quote for a key.
it's probably dlc

Deques

Trails 3rd news and translation report

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization

Let's get the 3rd's status out of the way: schedule-wise, we're currently doing great! When we announced this game last year, I was dead set on getting it out by spring 2017, so I'm very proud to say that goal is being met. Trails in the Sky the 3rd is coming to PC in English on...a date you'll find out very, very soon.

Edit: it's a spoilerish report

I just finished Undertale with the true pacifist ending, great game! Is there a complete explanation of the story somewhere? I'm finding only bits and pieces

KainXVIII

New Nvidia drivers
Our new GeForce Game Ready 381.65 WHQL drivers are optimized for the Quake Champions closed beta. In addition, they add support for NVIDIA Ansel in Kona and Snake Pass, add support for the new NVIDIA TITAN Xp, and are recommended for users installing the Windows 10 Creators Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom