• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Hearts of Iron 4 it is then!

Really, HOI4 is just a far superior choice to 3. It's streamlined and just more convenient to manage your nation, resources, production, research and your military in 4. There's actual stuff to do during peacetime, thanks to the really interesting national focuses that let you take the war in wildly ahistorical ways, which for me is the biggest selling point of 4.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Darkest Dungeon has full steamworks support now

Ascheroth

LXeCzJeAN10He.gif

Kudo

The amount of rage Ive produced these days due to my controllers are not working properly on my PC is off the charts.

Steam completely fucked up something, I tried to get DS4 work with Dark Souls 3 but failed miserably, it just wouldn't quit mimicking mouse and deadzones were completely broken too, had to use Xbox One controller that I so much hate to play it.
I didn't have any issues with Momodora that I played recently too.

Monooboe

Oh right, Humble Monthly today! Hope for some good ones, but have a slightly pessimistic feeling about it.

Also new games for chrono.gg coin shop today probably.

Tizoc

The amount of rage Ive produced these days due to my controllers are not working properly on my PC is off the charts.

Are you using Betas? Maybe opting out of them would fix it? Try using somethng like Input Mapper and see if that'll resolve it?

oni-link

No one here uses a retro usb controller for old style games?

It's hard to find one that looks good as they all look like they're made by dodgy companies

I don't want to end up with something like this

fantomena

Steam completely fucked up something, I tried to get DS4 work with Dark Souls 3 but failed miserably, it just wouldn't quit mimicking mouse and deadzones were completely broken too, had to use Xbox One controller that I so much hate to play it.
I didn't have any issues with Momodora that I played recently too.

The problems started the day Dead Rising 4 released. I tried to play it first with my Xbone controller, but the right analog stiq didnt work. I thought it was a game bug, so I let it go and started playing with KB/M. Then the day came when The Ringed City released. I started playing it, everything worked except for lock-on enemies. Didn't really think about it, thought it was a bug there too somehow.

Then I went to download Shadow of Mordor to play it again and that's when I understood something was fucked up. The pad on the Xbone controller and the right analog stiq didn't work. I tried 2 DS4 controllers, 1 DS3 controller and my Steam controller, same problems all of them.

Just for the funzies, I tested out ME:A In Origin, there the controllers worked. So it was a Steam-only problem. Then I did some testing, unchecked and chhecked some controller configs in BPM and checked the controller drivers. Now the right analog stiq and the pads on all my controllers doesn't work on my PC at all.

It's driving me nuts and I just want to play a game now that it's easter holiday. :(

Are you using Betas? Maybe opting out of them would fix it? Try using somethng like Input Mapper and see if that'll resolve it?

I tried beta and non-beta.

Deques

No one here uses a retro usb controller for old style games?

It's hard to find one that looks good as they all look like they're made by dodgy companies

I don't want to end up with something like this

8bitdo and iBuffalo have good reviews on their controllers

Oh right, Humble Monthly today! Hope for some good ones, but have a slightly pessimistic feeling about it.
Hopefully there will be somewhat higher profile games than it was in the last month's humble bundle

Also new games for chrono.gg coin shop today probably.
Only 12% claimed have Brigador, maybe I still got the chance to claim a copy, I have missed a few times, so my streak always resets

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hearts of Iron 4 it is then!

Really, HOI4 is just a far superior choice to 3. It's streamlined and just more convenient to manage your nation, resources, production, research and your military in 4. There's actual stuff to do during peacetime, thanks to the really interesting national focuses that let you take the war in wildly ahistorical ways, which for me is the biggest selling point of 4.
Hearts of Iron IV + the lots and lots of high quality mods out there.

Reviews are also saying IV is a massive improvement it seems.

What version has all expacs

Kudo

The problems started the day Dead Rising 4 released. I tried to play it first with my Xbone controller, but the right analog stiq didnt work. I thought it was a game bug, so I let it go and started playing with KB/M. Then the day came when The Ringed City released. I started playing it, everything worked except for lock-on enemies. Didn't really think about it, thought it was a bug there too somehow.

Then I went to download Shadow of Mordor to play it again and that's when I understood something was fucked up. The pad on the Xbone controller and the right analog stiq didn't work. I tried 2 DS4 controllers, 1 DS3 controller and my Steam controller, same problems all of them.

Just for the funzies, I tested out ME:A In Origin, there the controllers worked. So it was a Steam-only problem. Then I did some testing, unchecked and chhecked some controller configs in BPM and checked the controller drivers. Now the right analog stiq and the pads on all my controllers doesn't work on my PC at all.

It's driving me nuts and I just want to play a game now that it's easter holiday. :(

I tried beta and non-beta.

If you find a fix to somehow reset the controller settings or something, let me know too.
Kind of weird that these problems started out of nowhere as I played Dark Souls 3 before and it worked fine for me.

PantsuJo

I just bought Bullet Soul, it's very funny and not so difficult to beat.

Great launch price Too!

I'm so happy to have so many Japanese shmups in my library :)

fantomena

Fuck. I just realized I can't play Nier without a controller and my controllers are fucked up.

So funny. And it's easter holiday. Loving it.

Deques

Looks like IndieGala got a new redesign on their website and this time they are not trying to look like Humble Bundle

Still a messy design

Deques

I just googled them are they have a SNES one for like under £4

Might give it a shot at that price

I only really want one for stuff like Super Meat Boy or Limbo or any other platformer etc

8bitdo controllers aren't that cheap and they quality on them aren't like cheap controllers. If you buy an 8bitdo controller for £4 then you got scammed. The SNES styled 8bitdo controller costs around $30

data

I just googled them are they have a SNES one for like under £4

Might give it a shot at that price

I only really want one for stuff like Super Meat Boy or Limbo or any other platformer etc

4 pounds... The only good thing I've heard was of their more expensive 30 pounds and up bluetooth controllers.

You will always get a shitty controller if it costs 4 pounds. Unless there's a price error on the ones I'm talking about.

Which controllers Im using? Check a few psots above.

So did you try inputmapper?

I've been using my DS4 perfectly on Steam on the non-beta branch playing some older games like Dark Souls 2 and Naruto UNSFB3, maybe you did something wrong on the steam controller bindings? Try loading the default gamepad one.

oni-link

8bitdo controllers aren't that cheap and they quality on them aren't like cheap controllers. If you buy an 8bitdo controller for £4 then you got scammed. The SNES styled 8bitdo controller costs around $30

Ah maybe I found a link from a dodgy site then, I'll look into it in more detail after work

Aaron D.

The Five-Year Anniversary Bundle is basically a starter one. It has every expansion new players would want and the ruler designer.

Definitely get it if you want a full CK2 experience.

Yeah, Paradox must be paying attention to new player surveys on message boards or something, 'cause that bundle includes the most frequently recommended expansions. That's a really smart package and a no-brainer starter kit for a first time CK2 player.

I think the "next in line" options to consider for future purchase would be Conclave, Reaper's Due, and Charlemagne.

Also note, I wouldn't dismiss the cosmetic packs out of hand, as they add a lot of personality and flair to the game. Don't need to worry about it right now, but if the game does hook you, the now bundled packs (music, portraits, etc.) are a good deal. I'd esp. consider the Portrait Pack, as you're going to be looking at people's faces. A lot. And since you're dealing with a large swath of multi-cultural races & societies, having their faces and clothes be period authentic adds a lot of immersion to the game. Music Pack is ace too.

fantomena

What happens when you try and play Origin games with Steam completely shutdown?

My Xbone controllers works perfectly in Andromeda after shutting down Steam. My 2 DS4 controllers does not work at all, so I assume the game does not support DS4 controllers.

So I turned on Steam again and started Andromeda. The controller is connected, but the analog stiqs (left and right) on my the Xbone and the DS4 controller does not cooperate. Like I can only use one of the stiqs at the time.

So the problem is with Steam.

So did you try inputmapper?

I've been using my DS4 perfectly on Steam on the non-beta branch playing some older games like Dark Souls 2 and Naruto UNSFB3, maybe you did something wrong on the steam controller bindings? Try loading the default gamepad one.

Im not sure. Ive just used DS4 Windows till Valve enabled DS4 controller support. I removed all DS4 Windows files to see if it had anything to do with the problem, but no difference.

Echoplx

My Xbone controllers works perfectly in Andromeda after shutting down Steam. My 2 DS4 controllers does not work at all, so I assume the game does not support DS4 controllers.

So I turned on Steam again and started Andromeda. The controller is connected, but the analog stiqs (left and right) on my the Xbone and the DS4 controller does not cooperate. Like I can only use one of the stiqs at the time.

So the problem is with Steam.

Im not sure. Ive just used DS4 Windows till Valve enabled DS4 controller support. I removed all DS4 Windows files to see if it had anything to do with the problem, but no difference.

Hmm it sounds like a config issue, Steam shouldn't affect Origin unless you launch Origin games through Steam from my experience.

Could you post screenshots of your desktop configuration and game configurations?

Also just double checking, you need to launch Andromeda through Steam for it to work, otherwise it will just use your desktop bindings (even for your Xbox pad) which are set up as mouse and keyboard by default.

fantomena

Hmm it sounds like a config issue, Steam shouldn't affect Origin unless you launch Origin games through Steam from my experience.

Could you post screenshots of your desktop configuration and game configurations?

Sorry, but what do you mean with desktop and game configurations?

Echoplx

Sorry, but what do you mean with desktop and game configurations?

If you go into Big Picture Mode settings and select base configurations > desktop configurations, that config is what games will use when not launched through Steam.

For game configurations you should be able to right click the game in steam and an option for editing them should be there, if not go into BPM and do it there.

Games have to be launched through Steam for them to work, the hooks are part of the Steam overlay.

fantomena

If you go into Big Picture Mode settings and select base configurations > desktop configurations, that config is what games will use when not launched through Steam.

For game configurations you should be able to right click the game in steam and an option for editing them should be there, if not go into BPM and do it there.

Games have to be launched through Steam for them to work, the hooks are part of the Steam overlay.

Thanks for the info. Gonna do it. And in advance, thanks for all the help, I heavily appreciate it!

Echoplx

Thanks for the info. Gonna do it. And in advance, thanks for all the help, I heavily appreciate it!

No problem, another tip for Origin games is to shut down Origin entirely, add the Origin application itself to Steam, launch it from Steam and then launch the game from Origin.

You can thank EA for making things so complicated :p

Edit: Also disable Origin in game overlay.

I just bought Bullet Soul, it's very funny and not so difficult to beat.

Great launch price Too!

I'm so happy to have so many Japanese shmups in my library :)
Lol i read that as bullet storm, thought you was being sarcastic until the last line, then i knew i must have read that wrong

AHA-Lambda

ModBot said:
Instructions for AHA-Lambda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Quake Champions Closed Beta -- MB-57383E0416E06F22 - Taken by Rickenslacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom