• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiicon

Goddammit Paradox... I hate it when you put the base game on 75% discount, but the DLCs on 50% only.

They're on sale at Humble as well, so if you subscribe to the Monthly you get an additional 10% off. But yeah, their prices used to be lower.

LORD GOD ALMIGHTY

SiN Emergence SUCKSSSSSSSSS

in two days I have 110 minutes into it and I just now got the shotgun 2/3 in to the game

I knew it was supposed to be episodic or what not, but am glad this POS bombed

I would to see a studios like Flying WIld Hog take on this property and actually make it good.

Alright so the CK2 DLC revamp did something weird to the store page: The new Collection DLCs (for music, dynasty shields, etc) are packs of smaller DLCs, which is good if you want all of them at once. But the individual DLCs in these packs are no longer shown on the main store page of CK2, just within their respective collections, which is very bad if you're unsure of which individual DLCs you own.

Steam pls. Not like this. Don't obfuscate ownership or prices of grouped items.

Coreda

I'd be curious if there are any stories from the charities' side of things about Humble Bundle's impact or their take on it.

But the individual DLCs in these packs are no longer shown on the main store page of CK2, just within their respective collections, which is very bad if you're unsure of which individual DLCs you own.

Steam pls. Not like this. Don't obfuscate ownership or prices of grouped items.

And there's such an easy solution for this. Just use the Steam bundle feature. Can't believe Paradox didn't think of that.

EDIT - Actually, it turns out they did update the full collection with a bundle so it is somewhat easier to see what you're missing. Of course it doesn't include the newest DLC so it's already out of date.

Same goes for EU4

Anno

And there's such an easy solution for this. Just use the Steam bundle feature. Can't believe Paradox didn't think of that.

Actually, it turns out they did update the full collection with a bundle so it is somewhat easier to see what you're missing.

Yeah it's all over the place. Some have complete-your-set Steam bundles, but stuff like the music pack is shoved into one mega-music pack and the only way to buy them separately from what I can tell is follow links from the description of the mega pack.

duppolo

I predict:
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Slime-San
  • That Dragon, Cancer
and for the early peek at May:
  • Subnautica

One day, we shall get one of these too, it would be the right time just now:
  • Firewatch
  • Furi
  • Inside
  • Seasons After Fall
  • Song of the Deep

No doom? I dont have bought it yet cause im waiting Humbe to give it to me

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I predict:
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Slime-San
  • That Dragon, Cancer
  • Subnautica

• Firewatch
  • Furi
  • Inside
  • Seasons After Fall
  • Song of the Deep

wasnt darkest dungeon a monthly game already?

Nzyme32

All those Paradox games. Top of the global top sellers - Stellaris Utopia - along with so many others. Paradox and Steam users on a good day

Has paradox announced ck3 or do they have a ten year plan for ck2? Are they going to do Asia? It would be awesome if they did the three kingdoms but that is about 2000 years before the middle ages.

Plesiades

I wonder if other devs will join in. According to their website, Hi-Rez, Grinding Gears and Digital Extremes are "partners". Don't know what that entails.

Also, I'm curious about the new key delivery system-thingy that Valve is cooking up. Hopefully, it will reduce the number of illegitimate keys roaming around the web.

I predict:
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Slime-San
  • That Dragon, Cancer
  • Subnautica

• Firewatch
  • Furi
  • Inside
  • Seasons After Fall
  • Song of the Deep

Virginia was on a deep discount recently, that's my guess and maybe Banner Saga 2, Endless legend or Folk Tale.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well hopefully the personal issues get resolved. Glad you've enjoyed one game at least!
thanks

that reminds me I unlocked this yesterday

jTsJnsj.jpg

I'm not ashamed of my words and deeds
nice

i'm surprised i haven't gotten this, i'm pretty sure i've played most of my 9s playthrough in sexy mode

zkylon

zkylewd
finally got my credit card back just in time for the humble monthly thing, so here's the witness, a game i found myself enthralled by to the point of hopeless obsession. a year later i'm still thinking about the witness almost every day, there's just nothing quite like it

hope whoever gets it plays it and enjoys it as much as i did

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zkylon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

the witness -- MB-A4C7D34051129DB6 - Taken by pantsattack

t1491522962z1.png

All those Paradox games. Top of the global top sellers - Stellaris Utopia - along with so many others. Paradox and Steam users on a good day

How can you check the global top sellers?
http://kotaku.com/gearbox-threatens-to-kill-partnership-with-shady-key-de-1794090399

G2A will finally become a respectable storefront for steam keys!?

lol

I don't understand how Gearbox partnered with them to begin with. It's absolutely bonkers. How... why... everything.

gabbo

LORD GOD ALMIGHTY

SiN Emergence SUCKSSSSSSSSS

in two days I have 110 minutes into it and I just now got the shotgun 2/3 in to the game

I knew it was supposed to be episodic or what not, but am glad this POS bombed

I would to see a studios like Flying WIld Hog take on this property and actually make it good.
It wasn't that bad. A little too stuck to its preHalf Life roots, but definitely had some fun elements and set things up for more to come. Still hate that Ritual went under. Also at 110 minutes you arent 2/3rds through the episode.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
They used to do 75% on dlcs. Then it dropped to 66% for a while. Now it bottoms out at 50%. Jasec suggested that it's because they went public :p but the simpler answer is that they studied the Bethesda handbook for dlc pricing.
Is there no hope in waiting for the Pillars of Eternity DLC to get discounted by more than 50% at some point in my lifetime then? :(

Village

Doing more research i've learned there was more content loss to the ether, in regards to Arkham Knight, actual DLC mission content regarding scarecrow
" fuck you for buying this version of this game, why did you expect to be treated like our other costumers" '

Not the worst thing in the world,but it sucks

I predict:
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Slime-San
  • That Dragon, Cancer
  • Subnautica

• Firewatch
  • Furi
  • Inside
  • Seasons After Fall
  • Song of the Deep
I'm confident too about Darkest Dungeon in a monthly bundle, which one I don't know. That's why I'm waiting before buying it. Also it's currently on sale at 50% off on steam

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Doing more research i've learned there was more content loss to the ether, in regards to Arkham Knight, actual DLC mission content regarding scarecrow
" fuck you for buying this version of this game, why did you expect to be treated like our other costumers" '

Not the worst thing in the world,but it sucks
Par for the course with Sony.

It wasn't that bad. A little too stuck to its preHalf Life roots, but definitely had some fun elements and set things up for more to come. Still hate that Ritual went under. Also at 110 minutes you arent 2/3rds through the episode.

lawd what have i gotten myself into

Momentary

Banned
I'm not gonna lie. I'm pretty salty about this Titan Xp business.

I'm also willing to buy one but NVIDIA customer support's answer to everything is "we are not allowed to disclose this and we also discourage the use of water blocks"

Are you serious?

I really wish someone could actually go toe to toe with these guys. Monopolies are just horrible.

Village

Par for the course with Sony.

Its not just sony's fault, because in origins people modded it back in, and it was fairly easy to do, and WB seemed to not give a shit. I'm not exaggerating its literally " we got the folders out the ps3 version, and dumped into the PC version and it worked". But the port for Knight was soo ass the modding community just jumped ship. WB's flippant disregard for what their PC market is, decentivized people to invest time into it.

Sucks, hopefully they don't do that shit with Marvel Infinite, Luckly they didn't do it with Street fighter. Though on an unrelated note japan just has colors that no one has.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Am I the only one who always pronounces Berseria like it rhymes with diarrhea?

Yeah, probably.

well its like Berserk, so the emphasys would be on the berSEria, not on berseRIA

its a made up word anyway >_>

Sarcasm

Anybody play don't starve together? It was updated.

My question is, joining random servers I get a lot of not in beta cannot join. Is beta the newest?

Teggy

well its like Berserk, so the emphasys would be on the berSEria, not on berseRIA

its a made up word anyway >_>

I mean, I know how it is supposed to be pronounced, it's just when I see it I just want to pronounce it the wrong way. Oddly I don't go with Zest-er-EE-ah.

i like calling danganronpa dangarompa since that's like a curse word in argie

What does it mean? I like dragon grandpa.

Rhaknar

Stellaris is starting get a lot of DLC, I can see it be a humble monthly showcase game soon-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom