• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you check the global top sellers?

I don't understand how Gearbox partnered with them to begin with. It's absolutely bonkers. How... why... everything.

They either did no research on the people they decided to team up with (which makes them look really dumb) or they knew but hoped nobody would say anything (which makes them look really shitty.)

Either way, they should have never teamed up with them in the first place.

Anteater

thanks friendo!

i think i can keep playing automata as long as i hear that voice

they actually made a weapon where it screems out "thanks friendo!" every other second -_-

MUnited83

For you.
Hello friends and slugcats! We present to you patch #1: Rain World v1.01

uXfvAPO.png

This quick patch is intended to accommodate some early player feedback and polish assorted rough edges on the various game systems, etc. These were all low-hanging fruit that we think improves the player experience without taking anything away from the concept of the game. Rain World should be an existential experience: unforgiving and even occasionally unfair. But it should be the jaws of a Lizard that gets you or the Rain, not some ragdoll physics wonk or design oversight!

Gameplay improvements:
* “stuck in holes” fix - disconnected exits will no longer snag you
* subtle backlit slugcat in low visibility swimming situations
* quicker turning around in tunnels
* larger lung capacity while swimming
* nerfed the more intense waterfalls in Shoreline to prevent repeated drownings
* more pearls near Scav tolls in Garbage Wastes
* more food in central Garbage Wastes
* more food in central Shaded Citadel
* more karma flowers in world
* karma gate requirements on the Shaded Citadel, Drainage System and Underhang side were lowered to prevent players becoming stuck in challenging regions
* food / karma flowers regeneration now ticks forward on deaths (helps eliminate stuck / starvation situations at low karma)
* players will now keep map progress between deaths (Id say 99.5% of people asked for this)
* map now features gate karma symbols and shelter icons when locations are discovered
* karma depletion on game exit removed if done within 30 seconds of sleep cycle
* full karma drop on exit bug fixed (that was a brutal one, sheesh!)
* intro cinematic is now skippable by holding start / esc
* for players having issues with Grey Screen of Death and starting the game from sav files, you can now entirely skip loading the into by holding "s" when pressing "New Game." hopefully this helps until we have a real fix!
* many many minor room fixes

Stability improvements:
* map loading bug fixed (was causing the corrupted savs, ugh)
* gate crashing bug fixed
* stability improvements

etc.

Next steps: More patches and content is on the way, of course! We would like to see how this current round of bugfixes land before digging into further issues, as we have a feeling that these might solve a lot of the problems we've seen. But of course if you could keep sending in those bug reports and sav files that would be fantastic and hugely beneficial.

Thanks to all for feedback and please keep it coming! Let's all get through this tedious fixing and tweaking so we can get rolling on the fun stuff: new content!

<3
--Rain World team

kagamin

Phew, been playing Persona 5 nonstop between classes, schoolwork, eating, and sleeping. Already put in tons of time, also let my FF14 sub lapse, I'll probably renew it before the event is done though.

I hope tomorrow's Humble Monthly has

Dishonored 2
Dark Souls 3
Tales of Berseria
Owl Boy

I think that's pretty reasonable

I'd be a little disappointed, but Berseria for $7 wouldn't be too bad.

Instead hoping for Hollow Knight, Tales of Berseria, CLANNAD, and Stellaris with a sneak peek at Contradiction 2.

Phew, been playing Persona 5 nonstop between classes, schoolwork, eating, and sleeping. Already put in tons of time, also let my FF14 sub lapse, I'll probably renew it before the event is done though.

Inbetween classes, schoolwork, eating, and sleeping, you played a game that deals with classes, schoolwork, eating, and sleeping

DBZ-VegetaLaughing_zps7207ec3b.gif

I'm totally doing the same thing :( Just made it to the middle of the second dungeon. If Morgana tells me to go to sleep one more time I'm gonna scream.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Game -- MB-1B2783DCDE0C9A85 - Taken by Loptous
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-876B5E1C07D596D8 - Taken by Oreoleo
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-409131293D521498 - Taken by Sparrowhawk
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-C880C2619D9B6721 - Taken by claytonlee101
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-99C2326D8A69EA80 - Taken by Newblade
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-96FBD37221B6C1FF - Taken by prudislav
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-F584FB6BA4135A06 - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-F62DA94029FBE294 - Taken by Deques
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-BE24AE5870B9C55B - Taken by Ventilaator
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-F5C23DB1C39D42B3 - Taken by impliedsignificance
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-E1E015DC70A87D13 - Taken by Pachimari
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-C870D2EA90677FCC - Taken by SSPssp
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-63A8EAE6DDC90350 - Taken by Battlechili1
Mystery Game #21 -- MB-0010234E29174535 - Taken by Belgarion
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-CB5AD3780A2A06F0 - Taken by Volimar
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-B32C7FC6DAF0C725 - Taken by PaulSane
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-BFB1CF30955F0BF6 - Taken by Smeagol
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-458CB2CA5F33FCC6 - Taken by Servizio
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-6DA2CD3863052388 - Taken by Rockin' Ranger
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-2087A2062CC0DEAD - Taken by pislit
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-724AE5D97E6643F0 - Taken by Vuze

Momodora III was okay

Makes me want to get IV. Got 100% in 2 hrs for a first run, and not sure if I should just get IV or see what else III has to offer.

zkylon

zkylewd
C8yR6CHUAAAtqFJ.jpg:large

i'll fire up nier again if they open the apologetic robot doors

for some reason that's like my #1 mystery in the game

zkylon

zkylewd
btw for the one that said i hated all games this year, i can prove i'm capable of love

f2n4hD9.png

I LOVE THIS MAN

also btw it's my birthday but my brother apparently did some dumb stuff with my credit card so can't make a dumb giveaway...

but seriously HE'S THE BEST

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Happy Birthday, Zky~

One of my favorite ancient indie games, Golf?, has been relaunched as Golf for Workgroups, and is now available on Steam in Early Access. Feels weird seeing it on the storefront, considering I played the original beta back in... 2009? 2010?

Not sure if the fields have changed any since then, but Cryptic Sea are promising more holes, modes, and goofy heads for your robot golfer over the next 3-6 months. The golf carts having rocket boosters strapped to the back is worth the $5 alone.

derFeef

So I was playing the DQH2 demo on PS4 and it's a great looking, but not really that great performing game (even with PRO boost mode). Do we have any infos how the PC port is going to be handled? Berserk is a pretty good port.

So I was playing the DQH2 demo on PS4 and it's a great looking, but not really that great performing game (even with PRO boost mode). Do we have any infos how the PC port is going to be handled? Berserk is a pretty good port.
We usually never know with KT ports until release day.

Ascheroth

Given it's Koei I'd say there's a 50% chance it's going to be bad, 30% that it's worse than DQH1 and 20% that it's decent.

btw for the one that said i hated all games this year, i can prove i'm capable of love

I LOVE THIS MAN

also btw it's my birthday but my brother apparently did some dumb stuff with my credit card so can't make a dumb giveaway...

but seriously HE'S THE BEST
Happy birthday!

Pachimari

Damn nice poster!

[edit] Oh, I'm on top of the page! Well, my game recommendation would be Playerunknowns Battlegrounds that is currently in EA.

Tons of fun and it's very addicting. Just one more round!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom