• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

The WiiU is still the best current gen companion console for PC gamers. Xbone has Ryse, PS4 has Infamous and that's about it.

+1

Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Xenoblade Chronicles X
New Super Mario Bros U
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Super Smash Bros U
Captain Toad Treasure
and many more

makes the WiiU a no brainer over the PS4 and X1, imo.

Nah till Bayo 2 comes out the Wii U only has W101.

And WiiU has what... um... uh... Wonderful 101?
Yeah, not worth the pricetag for me, that's for sure, even with Bayo 1 & 2 coming, especially when you factor in that Nintendo is still trying to get online right, didn't add some sort of trophy/achievement system, and most importantly ties your purchases to your system, not your account (at least they did and still do on 3DS, not sure if they actually fixed it on WiiU). :p

No thanks.

If you write off all Nintendo first parties than yea the WiiU looks quite bleak. Personally I don't care about achieves or online on consoles. I play all my online games on PC.

The Wii U still isn't getting many 3rd party games. :p

Most 3rd parties come to PC so I don't really care lol

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Gotta spread dat pigeon love!

When I first saw that this game existed I thought 'what a crazy world we live in where young girls can pursue fantasies of pigeon boyfriends' little did I know that this game would slowly take over steam, steamgaf, and who knows maybe even the world.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
LIVE NOW: Serious Stream: http://twitch.tv/morningbus (Join us directly via Steam)

I'm guessing I didn't miss much :p

It's August 1st already? Wow, how time flies.

So, is the PC version of TiTS as good as we all think it should be?

The Steam version is great, though it's buggy for some people. The only bug I've encountered is that the opening is messed up, but that's it.

The WiiU is still the best current gen companion console for PC gamers. Xbone has Ryse, PS4 has Infamous and that's about it.

Basically, but most people won't look into the system's library because lol nintendo.

Still salty that ZombiU was left out to die because of all of those game breaking bugs at launch.

Ozium

When I first saw that this game existed I thought 'what a crazy world we live in where young girls can pursue fantasies of pigeon boyfriends' little did I know that this game would slowly take over steam, steamgaf, and who knows maybe even the world.

if it's an anime game with quirk it is guaranteed to take over steamgaf.

Speevy

Banned
Would this be the strangest giveaway of all time?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixel Piracy -- MB-3C58B28837E08C74 - Taken by Lomax. 17 entrants total.
Lovely Planet -- MB-8029150B24A82C04 - Taken by saunderez. 30 entrants total.
Mount Your Friends -- MB-7066B79B7E0990CE - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 15 entrants total.

t1406874263z1.png

Jawmuncher

No, you're still good.
If modbot makes a repost in... 16 minutes or so?
That one is a lie. Just like the cake in Portal.

I don't think it's too early at all.
If you like Halo, buy an Xbone, I guess.
Otherwise, PS4 probably has better overall exclusives lined up, I think. There's not a lot, but I'd got with the system that's not going to cost me extra for online (because I already have PS+), has Bloodborne and Uncharted versus Killer Instinct and Halo, and allows me to stream every game I buy to my Vita. :p
I was thinking more in line with the newer IPs both companies are bound to bring. Since we all know what were getting with the established stuff unless they go crazy and switch stuff around.

xeris

Wow, a Japanese FPS. Never would have found this, thanks for pointing out MrO.
Here's another gif showing the speed (gif is s bit sped up though).
yjrmvl.gif

It's probably just me, but damn if that doesn't make me think Noby Noby Boy would have been much better as a FPS.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
If you write off all Nintendo first parties than yea the WiiU looks quite bleak. Personally I don't care about achieves or online on consoles. I play all my online games on PC.

Well I don't but I don't find their recent titles too fulfilling so that doesn't help but I've given them a shake. Out of the new ones I own neither is my companion and my PS3 and 360 get more playtime at the moment.

Ozium

Well I don't but I don't find their recent titles too fulfilling so that doesn't help but I've given them a shake. Out of the new ones I own neither is my companion and my PS3 and 360 get more playtime at the moment.

Seems like you have more WiiU games than Ps4 games considering Last of Us and TR are rereleases and Ground Zeroes is just a glorified demo

:p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Seems like you have more WiiU games than Ps4 games considering Last of Us was a re-release and Ground Zeroes is just a glorified demo

I've never played TLoU before and I got GZ for a peak at MGSV and I'm pretty psyched for it now. Also if we go by those rules I only have 1 Wii U game since W101 is the only one I'm not considering selling off. :p

Wasn't that the game Turfster liked so much? Thought it came out around the same time as HL2. Looks pretty bad minding that.
That's the original SiN, which was contemporaneous with HL1. SiN Episodes came out around the period of HL2 Ep 1 and is also on the Source engine.

We never got to see an episode two and the world is worse off for it, we messed up the timeline somewhere.

Jawmuncher

Think I'm gonna keep an eye on idle master.
It's closed itself twice for some reason and I have the newest version.

Quick update on Necrodancer: That game, by being very simple in what it requires from a song, has some of the best custom music integration I've seen. The music does not to have a very constant rhythm throughout, so sadly much of your Dream Theater discography isn't gonna work here. VG soundtracks are great for it though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam version 6.5 for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox has been published. Changes in this version include:
  • Added the ability to add notes to games on your wishlist
  • Added current price data when viewing a Steam gift in inventory
  • Added "Visit Trading Forum" link to badge pages when you get level to level 5 of that badge
  • Added a button to view hidden spam comments on Steam Workshop and community pages
  • Fixed a bug that caused achievement sorting not to work correctly
  • Fixed active market listing total to work with new data format
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause you not to be able to remove an item from your wishlist
  • Updated highlighting code to be more robust
  • Removed button to delete owned games from wishlist, as Steam now does this automatically
  • Removed "Remove from wishlist" link on store pages, due to change in Valve's servers
As always, let me know if you run into any problems using this version.

Ozium

Quick update on Necrodancer: That game, by being very simple in what it requires from a song, has some of the best custom music integration I've seen. The music does not to have a very constant rhythm throughout, so sadly much of your Dream Theater discography isn't gonna work here. VG soundtracks are great for it though.

This worries me.. basically you can only listen to dance music in this game for it to work properly? Once I played Beat Hazard Ultra on the hardest mode using The Beatles' Revolution #9 and it was amazing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of corrosivefrost, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Transistor -- MB-164185154A53E29D - Taken by xenoflux2113. 81 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Transistor was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406867963z1.png

This worries me.. basically you can only listen to dance music in this game for it to work properly? Once I played Beat Hazard Ultra on the hardest mode using The Beatles' Revolution #9 and it was amazing.

No, it just can't be anything with too many time changes, basically. Also, i'm sure they will refine their beat detection software over time. I used a couple Clash songs and they worked too. Metal stuff works pretty well too. But if there are too many time changes in a song, it just doesn't come out well.

Speevy

Banned
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Modbot, who is tired of doing your fuckng reposts. I'm done. Do you hear me? Done.

The Cowboy

Never have i wanted to win and loose a game so much, i want to win the game because, well GAME :D, but i also want to loose and for everyone else to loose just to see if mobdot is having a meltdown.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of shykyoichi, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (shykyoichi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Really Big Sky -- MB-B4F2DB933771E03F - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-201F4BC32BC00D70
Dino D Day- -- MB-D4F8F284AE89410B - Taken by WeaselJCD. 1 entrants total.
GTR Evolution -- MB-672FEA5CDD0F126D - Taken by Pakkidis. 3 entrants total.

t1406868323z1.png

Should just bring TLoU and RDR to PC -.-
Just beat TLOU this week and, obvious first party technicality aside, I wouldn't have felt bad missing out on it. It's a fine game and the presentation is top notch but personally I found Alan Wake and Tomb Raider more fun. Was considering making a LTTP about it to better detail my thoughts but I guess I found a poor time to borrow the PS3 copy as threads for Remastered just tidal wave the front page and I don't feel the need to contribute to that.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Would this be the strangest giveaway of all time?

That's not a phone.

Plus ZombiU was kind of a tech demo

ZombiU is better now that the glitches have been fixed.

It only took seven months for Ubi to finally patch it. That Ubisoft seal of quality™ :p

Seems like you have more WiiU games than Ps4 games considering Last of Us and TR are rereleases and Ground Zeroes is just a glorified demo

I don't get why people care about re-releases/remastered counting either for or not counting for a system. If it's on the system, it's on the system. Would RE4 not count as being a PC game since it's a re-release? List warz though, I guess :p

Enhanced Steam version 6.5 for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox has been published. Changes in this version include:
  • Added the ability to add notes to games on your wishlist

I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of this, thanks.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Just Cause -- MB-F4F9EE45663FE66C - Taken by 3chopl0x
The Last Remnant -- MB-52F5236C234FEEFF - Taken by BinaryPork2737
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-2EFB0D7466E163F9 - Taken by Kirosia
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-769E3B4CCE7E987F - Taken by The Cowboy

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Just Cause was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Last Remnant was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hitman: Blood Money was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Deus Ex: Invisible War was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Ventara

Never have i wanted to win and loose a game so much, i want to win the game because, well GAME :D, but i also want to loose and for everyone else to loose just to see if mobdot is having a meltdown.

Hey man, not sure if you're doing this intentionally, but that's not how you spell lose.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I don't get why people care about re-releases/remastered counting either for or not counting for a system. If it's on the system, it's on the system. Would RE4 not count as being a PC game since it's a re-release? List warz though, I guess :p

Yeah, I'm all about games I enjoy. (If all the games I enjoy came to PC I wouldn't own consoles.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom