• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soule

Yay new thread, I've been relying on Steam a bit more these days since new roommate went over our download cap so it's single player backlog time for me.

wilflare

Enhanced Steam version 6.5 for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox has been published. Changes in this version include:
  • Added the ability to add notes to games on your wishlist
  • Added current price data when viewing a Steam gift in inventory
  • Added "Visit Trading Forum" link to badge pages when you get level to level 5 of that badge
  • Added a button to view hidden spam comments on Steam Workshop and community pages
  • Fixed a bug that caused achievement sorting not to work correctly
  • Fixed active market listing total to work with new data format
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause you not to be able to remove an item from your wishlist
  • Updated highlighting code to be more robust
  • Removed button to delete owned games from wishlist, as Steam now does this automatically
  • Removed "Remove from wishlist" link on store pages, due to change in Valve's servers
As always, let me know if you run into any problems using this version.

waiting for Google to push it to my Chrome
I've been mashing the Update Extensions button to no avail

I got to say after playing it for a couple of hours, for the £1/$1.50 it costs at the moment, Pool Nation is well worth it. Decent sized career mode, and the multiplayer and the variety of pool rules is pretty robust. Trick shot system is pretty neat once you get used to it as well. Pretty big list of unlockable cues, balls and tables too

pool-nation-dust.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-183E6E363111A37E - Taken by gaiadyne

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Gun Monkeys was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

-Deimos

Some bundle trash.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (-Deimos, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-7190C8A287E0E0A0 - Taken by Pop

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I got to say after playing it for a couple of hours, for the £1/$1.50 it costs at the moment, Pool Nation is well worth it. Decent sized career mode, and the multiplayer and the variety of pool rules is pretty robust. Trick shot system is pretty neat once you get used to it as well. Pretty big list of unlockable cues, balls and tables too

Is there a way to turn down the reflection on the balls?

Soule

Enhanced Steam version 6.5 for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox has been published. Changes in this version include:
  • Added the ability to add notes to games on your wishlist
  • Added current price data when viewing a Steam gift in inventory
  • Added "Visit Trading Forum" link to badge pages when you get level to level 5 of that badge
  • Added a button to view hidden spam comments on Steam Workshop and community pages
  • Fixed a bug that caused achievement sorting not to work correctly
  • Fixed active market listing total to work with new data format
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause you not to be able to remove an item from your wishlist
  • Updated highlighting code to be more robust
  • Removed button to delete owned games from wishlist, as Steam now does this automatically
  • Removed "Remove from wishlist" link on store pages, due to change in Valve's servers
As always, let me know if you run into any problems using this version.

Love your work, gift that keeps on giving. When my net is uncapped I'm getting idlem@ster and the last few games I need cards from and going to town. Thanks mang.

Speevy

Banned
Guys, I was kidding about the Wii U. Never played one, indifferent about it, just having a good-natured jab.

You don't see me in the console war threads ever these days.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Let's say I had 3 messages on the last steam thread. If I post twice on this one, I'm still not eligible for giveaways, right?

It's either 5 on the last thread or 5 on this one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of this, thanks.

No problem. Not sure if you're on Chrome or Firefox, but in my opinion the Chrome version of this feature works a lot better, since it will save your notes even when you clear Enhanced Steam's cache. Firefox, unfortunately, doesn't support this and if you clear your ES cache it'll delete your notes :(

Soule

pool-nation-dust.jpg

Nice heads up. Bought.

Closing in on that 500 games, only 20 or so to go.

Jawmuncher

Let's say I had 3 messages on the last steam thread. If I post twice on this one, I'm still not eligible for giveaways, right?

They combine per thread.
So you'd be eligible unless stump changed it.

Ventara

They combine per thread.
So you'd be eligible unless stump changed it.

Is it? I thought it had to be 5 in a single thread?

Guys, I was kidding about the Wii U. Never played one, indifferent about it, just having a good-natured jab.

As long as you learned your lesson.
I was kidding too when I replied to you. Everyone likes to take a jab at the WiiU.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I finally managed to beat Ys 1's final boss and, in turn, the game. Once I discovered the trick, it wasn't that difficult, and certainly not as much as I first thought it'd be.

Fantastic game, took me around 9 hours to beat (I explored everything and talked to everyone, plus I grinded for a little while a couple of times). Loved loved loved loooooved the soundtrack. I don't think I'll jump into Ys II right away though, if only because I want to finish God of War (on PS3) and try some other PC games first, but I'm still hoping to do it rather soon.

Just now realizing that Pool Nation and Pure Pool on PS4 are different games. Well I mean, they are the same game, but different digital versions.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I looked at the audit log for Frost's Transistor giveaway but everything looks like it's in order. I guess Stump will be able to shed some light on the subject when he gets a chance.

Soule

No problem. Not sure if you're on Chrome or Firefox, but in my opinion the Chrome version of this feature works a lot better, since it will save your notes even when you clear Enhanced Steam's cache. Firefox, unfortunately, doesn't support this and if you clear your ES cache it'll delete your notes :(

Hey I'm curious, have you heard anyone mention that firefox freezes up for a few minutes when loading the steam marketplace with enhanced steam on? At first I thought it was my shitty computer and firefox in combination but soon realized it would lock up firefox for a good minute or so each time I went to the main page of the marketplace. I've got a new PC on order at the moment so I'm curious to see if it'll happen on that when I get it and it also does not happen in chrome from my experience. Firefox is a lot more prone to crashing and freezing anyway but I'm so used to it I ended up moving back from chrome lol

Anybody know the latest and greatest version of DS4Windows? I see that development has changed hands and the most recent one I can find is the end of May.

Good evening new thread! You are looking mighty dapper this evening!

First, Idlemaster might be one of the greatest things ever written.

Second, this got me thinking, is anyone working on a game launcher for steam games? I've gotten to the point that a loath steam as a game launcher. Since who knows is Valve will ever address its short comings (busy playing smash up derby with their wheeled desks) I think that an alternate launcher would be awesome. Mame has some amazing launchers. Something that could look slick and be functional would be a great choice to have.

jshackles

Hey I'm curious, have you heard anyone mention that firefox freezes up for a few minutes when loading the steam marketplace with enhanced steam on? At first I thought it was my shitty computer and firefox in combination but soon realized it would lock up firefox for a good minute or so each time I went to the main page of the marketplace. I've got a new PC on order at the moment so I'm curious to see if it'll happen on that when I get it and it also does not happen in chrome from my experience. Firefox is a lot more prone to crashing and freezing anyway but I'm so used to it I ended up moving back from chrome lol

It's probably freezing while getting your market history data (that shows you your total spent / total earned) which can take quite a bit of time if you have a lot of market transactions. You can disable this in the options and it should speed things up quite a bit. Cheers!

How do I mend your broken heart?
More raffles!
It's probably freezing while getting your market history data (that shows you your total spent / total earned) which can take quite a bit of time if you have a lot of market transactions. You can disable this in the options and it should speed things up quite a bit. Cheers!
Speaking of that freezing situation, do you know why it would be more prevalent on Firefox than with Chrome? I switched over to Chrome partly because it did not freeze up my entire browser when loading the front page of the market with ES installed.

Jawmuncher

Is it? I thought it had to be 5 in a single thread?

As long as you learned your lesson.
I was kidding too when I replied to you. Everyone likes to take a jab at the WiiU.

Thanks for clarification.

From modbot

NOLURKERS
This makes it so that a user has to have posted in the Steam thread* 5 or more times before they become eligible
* There is a grace period: users who posted 5 or more posts in the LAST Steam thread also count.
NOTE: For giveaways done outside the Steam thread, this rule requires 5 or more posts in the thread the game was given away in.

For the record, while idlemaster was working over my steam library, I was playing my WiiU with my daughters. My ps3 is in the corner looking disgruntled but i don't know what to tell it. Your turn is coming my friend.

Soule

Thanks mate, will do!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for The Last Remnant, anonymous.

I really like garbage dumps just because I no longer have to feel bad about winning games because no one else wants them enough to enter a normal raffle.

Yeah, I'm all about games I enjoy. (If all the games I enjoy came to PC I wouldn't own consoles.)

I think everyone here would agree with that :p

I'd still probably have handhelds just for convenient portability though. If something like the SteamBoy actually existed and wasn't completely fake, I would be so happy.

Good thing I use Chrome :D

How do I mend your broken heart?

Probably give away a Club Nintendo free game :p

Ozium

Thanks for The Last Remnant, anonymous.

I really like garbage dumps just because I no longer have to feel bad about winning games because no one else wants them enough to enter a normal raffle.

I saw the garbage dump and was like awww yiss, then I noticed they were all taken...

never use the toilet, steamgaf.

Ventara

From modbot

NOLURKERS
This makes it so that a user has to have posted in the Steam thread* 5 or more times before they become eligible
* There is a grace period: users who posted 5 or more posts in the LAST Steam thread also count.
NOTE: For giveaways done outside the Steam thread, this rule requires 5 or more posts in the thread the game was given away in.

So yeah, you wouldn't be eligible if you posted 3x in the last thread and 2x on this one. It has to be 5 in a single thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom