• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
From modbot

NOLURKERS
This makes it so that a user has to have posted in the Steam thread* 5 or more times before they become eligible
* There is a grace period: users who posted 5 or more posts in the LAST Steam thread also count.
NOTE: For giveaways done outside the Steam thread, this rule requires 5 or more posts in the thread the game was given away in.

Still doesn't answer if it adds both threads together, like in my example.

Sure, it's not a big deal - I just saw some games being offered and I don't think I have 5 posts in the last thread, as I haven't had the time to participate in the Steam thread discussions (or reading, for that matter) much these past days.

Oublieux

Anyone ever play that F2P game Unturned? A few buddies and I are playing co-op and it's actually pretty addictive trying to fend off zombies. In a way it's like DayZ, but with Minecraft-esque graphics.

cyrok

Can't believe it's already august. Not enough time to finish up some games stacked up, before some of these "Next gen" games come out.

Ozium

Got excited remembering Venetica was greenlit ages ago. Just realized the publisher is dead and the game is sitting in purgatory now.

I wanted some Btier fantasy with a female protagonist. Looks like Blades of time will have to fill the hole,

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/94503461/810925579909332393/#p4

AwAR0kT.gif

Echoplx

I played the shit out of Just Cause on PS2 when it came out, was hoping the PC version is closer to the 360 version but It doesn't seem like it is.

Disappointed.gif

Ah well, I'll still give it a go for the feels, thanks anon.

Jawmuncher

So yeah, you wouldn't be eligible if you posted 3x in the last thread and 2x on this one. It has to be 5 in a single thread.

Yeah just saw my mistake.
Gotta say I'm amazed that people can find 5 not shitty posts to be such an ordeal. Could've sworn the rule used to take into account royal numbers from both. Think I'm just mixing stuff up at this point.

Sure, it's not a big deal - I just saw some games being offered and I don't think I have 5 posts in the last thread, as I haven't had the time to participate in the Steam thread discussions (or reading, for that matter) much these past days.

My recollection was that it counted totals. But it looks like I was wrong and it only counter if you had 5 posts in the old thread. If you hit that amount that progress was carried over to the new thread so you aren't a lurker when it starts.

Ventara

I'm pretty sure it has to be 5x in a single thread, whether last one or this. I remember this being brought up and that was Stumps answer, iirc.

Yeah just saw my mistake.
Gotta say I'm amazed that people can find 5 not shitty posts to be such an ordeal. Could've sworn the rule used to take into account royal numbers from both. Think I'm just mixing stuff up at this point.

No worries, it's late. And on the plus side, this topic probably helped me reach 5 posts in this thread just now, lol.

This should be it: http://dsdcs.com/index.php/portfolio/software-development/4-ds4windows
Top says it's posted in May but on the bottom the post was last updated July 30th.

Thank you both! I've been using an old version but it seems like it has been causing blue screens when I exit games after using it so I am hoping a new version helps.

iosefe

i'm sad i only ever got the original SCP to work for my ds4. when ever i'd try the others it wouldn't recognize my contoller, not even as direct input

Grief.exe

It's an interesting remark.
Were all hoping the MCC will be coming to the PC a year after the XONE version.

Is fable anniversary on PC slated for this year?

I don't even need the MCC, let XBO owners have that. Just fix up the existing Halo 1/2 ports and release them on Steam. If Microsoft is feeling extremely generous, toss us ODST and Halo 3 as well.

Jadax

What's this idlemaster everyone keeps talking about? I thought SAM was our best friend when it came to idling..

dreamfall

New thread smell! I heart you, Steam GAF.

I can't seem to stop playing Core Design Tomb Raider games. Like, I've played nothing else for a long time.

tmarg

From what I understand, it does not add the posts together. You need either 5 posts in this thread, or 5 posts in the last thread.

Jawmuncher

Can you buy the game in any way? I thought only a free demo was available on the store.

I wonder if they'll release 1.0 and put a price on it when they release it on steam?

It's still only the demo with no word on what exactly the steam release will be .

I don't even need the MCC, let XBO owners have that. Just fix up the existing Halo 1/2 ports and release them on Steam. If Microsoft is feeling extremely generous, toss us ODST and Halo 3 as well.

Won't disagree with that. I'd be happy with just Halo 2.

Was there supposed to be a
crazy underground dungeon thing with skeletons everywhere
if I dug in the grave that lady is grieving next to?
The entrance is the huge mound in the middle of the cemetery, and don't dig up her daughter's grave, you would only get a very pissed mother.

That's the original SiN, which was contemporaneous with HL1. SiN Episodes came out around the period of HL2 Ep 1 and is also on the Source engine.
We never got to see an episode two and the world is worse off for it, we messed up the timeline somewhere.
Ah, ok. Now it makes sense. Weird that I didn't hear of these games before.
I take you like it.Gonna wait for sale.
yay it's my birthday
Happy birthday, my fellow 31st of July baby! ^_^
Congrats to both of you!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

MCC has online co-op for all games though which will be amazing.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It's still only the demo with no word on what exactly the steam release will be .

Interesting. I wonder if there will be more stages or an actual "story" mode, as one of the scenarios leaves that impression, with that last "boss" thing.

However, to tell you the truth, I don't quite follow the game in any way other than remember how amazing it is during GiantBomb Streams.

Grief.exe

i'm sad i only ever got the original SCP to work for my ds4. when ever i'd try the others it wouldn't recognize my contoller, not even as direct input

I'm not familiar with the SCP method, but did you follow all the instructions for the various DS4 tools?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

They should be listed here and there are quite a few troubleshooting tips if you run into issues. I know installing BT drivers for my laptop helped when connecting my DS4 last night.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Not that I know of. Different ball sets you unlock are less reflective than others. But from the default viewing distance, the reflections aren't too distracting really.

Hmm, that seems to be a decent compromise at least. Thanks for the impressions.

You're going to love the parts where you randomly explode and find out that the game is just an ass.

Invest in perception and your party will avoid the then visible traps.

So The Witcher 3 RU copy is still good right?

Nabs

Don't you have to overwrite the controller driver when you install SCP? That's probably why it's not showing up as a direct input controller.

Jawmuncher

Interesting. I wonder if there will be more stages or an actual "story" mode, as one of the scenarios leaves that impression, with that last "boss" thing.

However, to tell you the truth, I don't quite follow the game in any way other than remember how amazing it is during GiantBomb Streams.

I think they might have just thrown the greenlight on there to get it out of the way early on. If way forward and shantae were anything to go by you aren't held to any sort of release once you're greenlit.

I could see them doing a early acess route perhaps if they're trying to get money for further development though

Hmm, that seems to be a decent compromise at least. Thanks for the impressions.

Invest in perception and your party will avoid the then visible traps.

So The Witcher 3 RU copy is still good right?

Witcher 3 is still good but better to get it ASAP and activate it as soon as you get it to be safe. Since the info is there but not active yet.

So I played it.

5F35C2AC42AEB2A22849996707157C1A183F42AB

I played the tutorial. Bad Rats isn't as horrible as I imagine but its up there. I've like puzzle games like this. Well nothing is like it but games like Sierra's The Incredible Machine series was enjoyable. this isn't. no, not Bad Rats.

I was thrown off a bit by the intro. The Intro movie was a poorly animated cgi representation of the rats. It felt a lot like the early Worm games. I wonder if it was intentional?

Anyways, I'm uninstalling it and hopefully never have to think about this game again.

iosefe

Don't you have to overwrite the controller driver when you install SCP? That's probably why it's not showing up as a direct input controller.

indeed. i reinstalled the driver. but now the new program isn't sensing my controller

Anyone ever play that F2P game Unturned? A few buddies and I are playing co-op and it's actually pretty addictive trying to fend off zombies. In a way it's like DayZ, but with Minecraft-esque graphics.

My autistic son plays it. e says its by a developer of Roblox. I have no idea if thats true or not.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Serious Stream is done for the night! And Serious Sam 2 is finally done!

I think the quote of the night goes to myself, when I said "I'd rather suck [the drug dealer's] dick and not do the heroin [than play Serious Sam]."

Thanks everyone for watching! Serious Sam 3 starts soon, so keep an eye out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom