• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Dang man I am new to Steam and now I'm mad at all of you. Where do you guys find the time? I'm drowning in games, man!

Dude, you're not supposed to play them. You're supposed to collect them so you can idle them for cards and sell those cards for 5 cents each and make enough to buy another game. Duh.
;_; I'll never finish my backlog.

It's just not available on the store. Despite what Sega Support will tell you, it is indeed possible for publishers to request keys from Valve for games not sold on Steam itself.
Does that mean I own a game now which will be regarded in the future like Blur, Wheelman or Mafia? Cool.
Sin still looks better to me.
Wasn't that the game Turfster liked so much? Thought it came out around the same time as HL2. Looks pretty bad minding that.
Lovely Planet looks cool
Wow, a Japanese FPS. Never would have found this, thanks for pointing out MrO.
Here's another gif showing the speed (gif is s bit sped up though).
yjrmvl.gif

Ventara

What's a good game for a givewaway?

Lovely Planet or something else? Give me some ideas.

I'm really enjoying Planet Explorers, though it's an Early Access game, so maybe not a good game to give away.

lol, all they did was touch each other and they pretty much exploded. Is this like that movie where if you touch another version of yourself from another timeline, you'll both disappear into nothingness?

Considering it was PC first and the PSP version got downgraded from that.... Yep.

Was it a downgrade? I thought I recall reading there were some additions and improvements, but maybe I'm mixing it up with another game.

Mono

Transistor looks lovely, but I didn't like Bastion at all! I wonder if it's different enough for me to like it.

Played a bit more of Sunrider and it's interesting that you have to complete the side missions in time, so I guess I'll miss some of them in my way through the game. Other thing that I liked is the upgrade system where you can invest part of the money you won on researching new technologies for your ship and mechas, also the strategies involved in the battles seems to be more deep than I first thought.

What's a good game for a givewaway?

Lovely Planet or something else? Give me some ideas.

Sakura Spirits

Of the newest consoles from the major three companies, the Wii U is the most interesting one by far.

In some areas I do think the Wii U has some features that make it interesting only because it isn't basically a computer hooked to a TV since it has a unique controller. However, a console can only be as interesting as the games developed for it and I personally have not seen anything that utilizes the hardware in a way that has tempted me to purchase one. I do think that Nintendo makes quality first party titles, I have enjoyed Mario Kart on it for one, but again in my opinion there hasn't been enough to convince me to purchase one at this time. I have no doubt in my mind that it will end up in my house someday in the future, but not quite yet.

Mono

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Gotta spread dat pigeon love!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-01902670390A31A4 - Taken by bronson. 47 entrants total.

t1406873783z1.png

The WiiU is still the best current gen companion console for PC gamers. Xbone has Ryse, PS4 has Infamous and that's about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
terrible opinion time!

it's probably that i'm very tired as i didn't sleep too well but i'm finding divinity to be kinda boring lol

The WiiU is still the best current gen companion console for PC gamers. Xbone has Ryse, PS4 has Infamous and that's about it.

And WiiU has what... um... uh... Wonderful 101?
Yeah, not worth the pricetag for me, that's for sure, even with Bayo 1 & 2 coming, especially when you factor in that Nintendo is still trying to get online right, didn't add some sort of trophy/achievement system, and most importantly ties your purchases to your system, not your account (at least they did and still do on 3DS, not sure if they actually fixed it on WiiU). :p

No thanks.

Nah till Bayo 2 comes out the Wii U only has W101.

I like the cut of your jib.

StAidan

SURPRISED?!

I am too. Apparently the jerk registered the raffle, but didn't send me a post code.

[...]

And if that drunk bastard says there's two giveaways from me? He's lying. :3
Sooo, if JERKBOT decides to say there's a Transistor giveaway from me ending in 1 hour @ 11:39pm EST, he's definitely lying.

Whoops, and I entered it haha. Figured it was time since I'm about to finish up Bastion, finally. Oh well, it's probably worth buying myself, too, if I want it that badly!

Jawmuncher

The best companion device will always come down to personal preference. WiiU isn't much for some PC gamers if you aren't a big fan of Nintendos bigger IPs like Zelda or Mario.

Though I would agree that at the moment it's too early to decide between XONE or PS4. Though I'm sure Bloodborne is swaying a lot of dark souls fans easily.

Whoops, and I entered it haha. Figured it was time since I'm about to finish up Bastion, finally. Oh well, it's probably worth buying myself, too, if I want it that badly!

No, you're still good.
If modbot makes a repost in... 16 minutes or so?
That one is a lie. Just like the cake in Portal.

The best companion device will always come down to personal preference. WiiU isn't much for some PC gamers if you aren't a big fan of Nintendos bigger IPs like Zelda or Mario.

Though I would agree that at the moment it's too early to decide between XONE or PS4. Though I'm sure Bloodborne is swaying a lot of dark souls fans easily.

I don't think it's too early at all.
If you like Halo, buy an Xbone, I guess.
Otherwise, PS4 probably has better overall exclusives lined up, I think. There's not a lot, but I'd got with the system that's not going to cost me extra for online (because I already have PS+), has Bloodborne and Uncharted versus Killer Instinct and Halo, and allows me to stream every game I buy to my Vita. :p

Hugstable

Banned

Truth. Most of the bigger games outside of the exclusives for PS4 are gonna be on PC mostly anyways so I usually just get them on Steam. Wii U has Wonderful 101 <3. I love having my PC since it's basically my go to gaming place for anything 3rd party and not exclusive, plus I love Steams prices. Nice to have the other consoles at least for those exclusives I do want to play though.

The Wii U still isn't getting many 3rd party games. :p

That's what makes it a great companion to PC/Steam. Everything that the Wii U doesn't get... the PC does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom