• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

So like all coitus involving steamgaffers then

Wg5ozsa.gif

StAidan

Oh wow. I used to love Shadowgate on the NES. Deja Vu as well. Hope this is cool.

I would SO love to see a Deja Vu remake like Shadowgate's. One of my favorite NES games. I seem to remember giving a certain robber a couple of black eyes in that game, lol. It seemed to give players so many options for its time. (I never played Shadowgate or Uninvited.)

Of the games featured in August's Steam thread, Rex Rocket is looking pretty sweet (just wishlisted it). I'm also interested in Shelter 2, but I haven't even played (nor do I own) the first one yet, so that's a pass from me for now.

New raffle
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (shykyoichi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Really Big Sky -- MB-B4F2DB933771E03F - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-201F4BC32BC00D70
Dino D Day- -- MB-D4F8F284AE89410B - Taken by WeaselJCD. 1 entrants total.
GTR Evolution -- MB-672FEA5CDD0F126D - Taken by Pakkidis. 3 entrants total.

t1406868323z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Few days ago I asked if anyone had played Stranded. Well, now I have.

It's been on my wishlist for a while, thanks for taking the plunge and buying it. Shame that it sounds like a game to wait until it's bundled though :/

Oh man, I would kill for a Deja Vu remake along the same lines.
True fact: I used to own Kemco's old AceHarding.com domain

I've never actually heard of this before, but it sounds really cool.

Guys, should I be worried?

I swear this has not been edited in any way. Seriously.

They're on to you. That's probably why I didn't win a code today.

LA COPS is already out in Early Access for 11.99

soon

I didn't think this would be out so soon for some reason, putting it on the wishlist so I don't forget about it.

Shadowgate
- Hugstable
"We are finally get a new Shadowgate complete with animations and all! Being a fan of the old Macintosh and NES versions of
Shadowgate, the news that a brand new version is coming out to steam with such great looking art really surprised me today. A
classic first person Point and Click adventure, Shadowgate has many puzzles for you to solve as you search Tyragon looking for the
evil Warlock. Shadowgate also has many dangerous paths that could all wind up in death. The original was a very difficult game and
I hope everything comes through here seeing that it's being made by the original creators and all. It's going to be interesting for
Shadowgate Vets to see just how much was added to the game, or if they kept it exactly like the original. Either way, Death
could be awaiting you at every turn! If you are and point and click adventure fan, definitely keep your eyes on this game!"
Oh wow, didn't see this coming...

But is it just me or does it lack the visual charm of the original? Maybe I'm just an old fogey. :(

I finally got done playing Crypt of the Necrodancer, wow. I mean, i had to tear myself away from it for a bit to eat. Its still a dungeon crawler, but the rhythm aspect, having to move and attack in beat, thinking about how each enemy reacts to music, is just really brilliant. The amount of features the game has, between training, levels, music, amount of upgrades you can buy, i'm shocked this is early access stuff. It feels more complete and stuffed with content then most Steam releases i buy now.

If you love stuff like Binding Of Issac or Spelunky as far as rougelikes go, or are generally fan of rhythm games at all, you absolutely need to give this game a shot. It someone is the most unique game in both genres i've seen in a long time, and i can't wait to see where it goes from here.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of corrosivefrost, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Transistor -- MB-164185154A53E29D - Taken by xenoflux2113. 81 entrants total.

t1406864183z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
LIVE NOW: Serious Stream: http://twitch.tv/morningbus (Join us directly via Steam)

ARSECHIVE:
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 1 (Part 2) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam Second Encounter (Part 1) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam Second Encounter (Part 2) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam Second Encounter (Part 3) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 1) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 2) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 3) (youtube)

ibcqdbv159S7zH.png

What’s going on here?
SteamGaf sent Morningbus over 6 months worth of M&M cable credit codes. He agreed to stream Serious Sam 1 to 3, a series of games he has often compared unfavorably against a swift kick to the key areas.

But people like Serious Sam? Hell, I like Serious Sam!
Come, sip deep of his essence and let him pull back the veil behind the greatest fraud perpetrated in the history of the world.

Wait…
Just watch the stream.

No, hold up a sec. Why are people giving Morningbus their M&M debit cards I heard so much about?
That M&M promotion initially started off offering both $6 debit cards and $6 cable credits. However, the internet being what it is depleted those cards within just a few weeks of the promotion and now they are only giving away the cable credits. Some people have no need for this type of code and some people are just having fun seeing exactly how far Morningbus can take it.

Can I join in?
Certainly! Just join the Unofficial NeoGAF Mumble server (details here) and join the Serious Stream room. You can also chat through the Twitch.TV link from above.

M&M Scoreboard said:
150 from Jawmuncher
126 from Morningbus
102 from Toki767
90 from Anustart
78 from default two
54 from BinaryPork2737
48 from Chocobro
48 from Cloudius12
48 from Stallion Free
42 from shadownet
36 from Mono
36 from CorrosiveFrost
36 from Xclash
30 from Mokoi
30 from Cheddahz
24 from dot
24 from Gunstarheroes
24 from Servizio
24 from Myshkin
18 from iosefe
18 from Pickles Spill
12 from tylerf
6 from Armoured Priest
6 from Amzin
6 from tiny raptor
6 from thesaucetastic

Total: $1,122 worth of cable bill credits.

# of codes entered: 187.

Big thanks to: binarypork for 1 code, xclash for 1 code, chocobro for 1 code, shadownet for 1 code, jawmuncher for 3 codes, myshkin for 1 code,, cloudius12 for 1 code, default two for 2 codes.

It's the greenlight barrier that has dissuaded Japanese devs (especially indies) from trying out Steam. There were several articles posted about this in the last Steam thread. Basically they don't want to enter greenlight with the prospect of failing because that looks bad in Japanese culture.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert..) but honor and shame are huge parts of it.
Mhm, don't know if you're serious about the failing=bad looking part but don't only unproven, new devs go through Greenlight and well-known devs get hand-picked out of it/circumvent directly by Valve?
You don't even know if you'll like Halo. Why risk it and drop so much on a console?
Maybe I wasn't completely honest about Halo being the only game I'd get, when I'd own a xone :p Mainly exclusives though, like Quantum. Ideally would be 150€, but I can't see this happening when the base price was 500. Ah, well. Enough games on PC, maybe I'll get it when PS5/xtwo come out.
Yeah, I never played Halo but I saw videos and it received much praise. And most importantly, as a huge FPS fan, I get the vibe that I'd enjoy it.
Today was my moving day. My life is in a box. I will check on ModBot when I can. Tonight if I can get wifi somewhere, tomorrow around noon if not.
No more Canada, heh? If I recall right, you said LA. Guess you're not gonna transport your stuff but have them moved? Good luck for your future career.

Today was my moving day. My life is in a box. I will check on ModBot when I can. Tonight if I can get wifi somewhere, tomorrow around noon if not.

I dunno, both of my PMs went ignored, but he seems to be registering new giveaways again?

I'll try another time when I get around to it.

Thanks for whatever, Mr. Stump.

I finally got done playing Crypt of the Necrodancer, wow. I mean, i had to tear myself away from it for a bit to eat. Its still a dungeon crawler, but the rhythm aspect, having to move and attack in beat, thinking about how each enemy reacts to music, is just really brilliant. The amount of features the game has, between training, levels, music, amount of upgrades you can buy, i'm shocked this is early access stuff. It feels more complete and stuffed with content then most Steam releases i buy now.

If you love stuff like Binding Of Issac or Spelunky as far as rougelikes go, or are generally fan of rhythm games at all, you absolutely need to give this game a shot. It someone is the most unique game in both genres i've seen in a long time, and i can't wait to see where it goes from here.

This is what I'm saying... well, this is what I was conveying in my webms.
I basically told rhaknar the same thing though. I would INSTANTLY buy it if it were on Vita, double dip and all.

Hugstable

Banned
Morningbus have you tried paying one of the cable bills yet with the credit. Wanted to know if it worked for you. 1100$ is amazing if they actually take it as a form of payment!

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of corrosivefrost, who is running this raffle.

SURPRISED?!

I am too. Apparently the jerk registered the raffle, but didn't send me a post code.

Fuck you, modbot. ^_^.

Here's a Transistor gif I was going to put in the giveaway post.

gifcamtest2.gif

And if that drunk bastard says there's two giveaways from me? He's lying. :3
Sooo, if JERKBOT decides to say there's a Transistor giveaway from me ending in 1 hour @ 11:39pm EST, he's definitely lying.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Morningbus have you tried paying one of the cable bills yet with the credit. Wanted to know if it worked for you. 1100$ is amazing if they actually take it as a form of payment!

They send the credit in, actually. So it's out of my hands once I give them my account info.

I'm still expecting something to happen and them not honor the codes.

but we'll see! Stream is live!

iosefe

SURPRISED?!

I am too. Apparently the jerk registered the raffle, but didn't send me a post code.

Fuck you, modbot. ^_^.

Here's a Transistor gif I was going to put in the giveaway post.

gifcamtest2.gif

so...i entered for this...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I reached what I think is the final boss in Ys 1, and all I have to say is... WHAT THE FUCK?

Seriously.

Thanks for the review, already near the top of my wishlist. Would you recommend it if you are terrible at rhythm games?

Its just following a simple beat. Its more complicated in figuring out how enemies move and attack, and keeping the beat for as long as possible to get the most money in a run. The window for when you can hit the beat seemed gracious too. I'm sure it gets way crazier in later stages, but for Zone-1, i felt pretty comfortable and that it wasn't throwing too much shit at me too fast.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

SpaceChem -- MB-AE7AC4F28C7FA2AA - Taken by gaiadyne
I think this isn't used

so...i entered for this...

I have no idea what modbot's going to do.
In theory, he should have updated the rules to the giveaway for the first one since I used the same key... however, he's posting a repost 2 hours from the original PM, not the second PM trying to start the giveaway again.

So yeah, this should be interesting.

If someone wins a modbot raffle for my copy of Transistor in the next 50 minutes, I highly suggest redeeming it immediately, just in case.

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of BruteUA, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BruteUA, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Red Faction Guerrilla -- MB-354E75002E0DC5ED - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 6 entrants total.

t1406864904z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of BruteUA, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BruteUA, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Red Faction Guerrilla -- MB-354E75002E0DC5ED - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 6 entrants total.

t1406864904z1.png

Ventara

Just had a chance to skim the recommended games in OP, and I remember hearing about this game. It looked pretty cool last I remember. Any word on price?

Another Perspective
- More_Badass
"Another Perspective is a puzzle platformer that uses its unique mechanic to great effect. You learn that you can swap places with
a shadowy clone of yourself, using your clone as a platform. Soon you're dealing with two, three, four versions of yourself, and
different room layouts with each swap. Another Perspective blends challenging puzzles with an interesting story and art style."

This one looks really nice, too. Still need to play the badger one, though.

Shelter 2
- Yrael
"I'd recommend looking out for the game Shelter 2. I played the first game during the last Steam Christmas sale. It was short and the
mechanics are quite simple – you play as a mother badger protecting her five cubs. Over the course of the game's journey you must fend
off predators, fire, flood and the looming threat of starvation. I was surprised how attached I actually became to those cubs; it felt
like a personal failure of responsibility whenever one perished! Shelter 2 extends this concept and establishes the player as a mother
lynx with kittens in a much bigger, open world than that of the first game. The game's aesthetic as seen in the example screens and
trailer is stunning - truly an example of video gaming as art."

Ventara how come your avatar on steam ain't donkey yet? :p

I'm just too lazy. I'll change it soon.

Total: $1,122 worth of cable bill credits.

# of codes entered: 187.

F BuS

SURPRISED?!

Fuck you, modbot. ^_^.

You just got punk'd, Modbot style!

Are the ModBots competing?! Technically speaking, who would win in a fight? What if one had a bat?

Lain

We'll have to think of something else to get Morningbus to play Serious Sam 4 once it releases.

Why do you people hate the Bus so much? What did he ever do to you all?
He seems like such a lovable guy, why would someone want to inflict so much pain on him?

---

More thoughts on Sacred 3. Played the 2nd and 3rd missions. 2nd was just like the first, third I think was some optional thing, because it was just an arena fight with some waves of enemies and a bigger one at the end.
It was cool to get paid after each wave and I managed to get another soul. I'm guessing this is the kind of variety I can expect from these missions = not much, but still better than 0.

KingDirk

Dang man I am new to Steam and now I'm mad at all of you. Where do you guys find the time? I'm drowning in games, man!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Stuggernaut, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Stuggernaut, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Doom 3: BFG Edition -- MB-E10D652A23CB87C0 - Taken by drakaenae. 32 entrants total.

t1406865263z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I finally started to dig into my friend's copy of Transistor and I'm really liking it. I enjoyed Bastion too, so I guess it's not really surprising. The visuals are great. Between this and Child of Light's art I'm in game art heaven.

14796563425_b0b8d40668_o_d.png

14609906139_06075be3e1_o_d.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom