• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Thanks guys. What sucks is it's like... my job (that I've had for almost 5 years) just at a different location. It'd be like if I worked as the manager at Gamestop and I wanted to transfer to another Gamestop, and they told me I wasn't qualified.

Pretty fucked up.

Employment is pretty fucked up. A lot of terrible business practices got put into place because of the recession and now they have become normative.

Mono

Gamesplanet is doing a best of recap sale:
  • Oblivion GOTY 75% off
  • Skyrim Legendary 67% off
  • Fallout 3 GOTY 66% off
  • Fallout New Vegas Ultimate 66% off
  • Saints Row IV 100% Uncut 75% off
  • Metro Last Light Complete 100% Uncut 75% off
  • Tomb Raider 75% off
  • Wolfenstein 50% off
  • Total War Rome II 67% off
  • Risen 2 Dark Waters 75% off
  • MGR:Revengeance 50% off
  • GRID 2 REloaded 67% off
  • Alan Wake Collector's Edition 85% off

Some great games in there!

How is Saints Row IV for that price? I've never played a Saints Row game but they look pretty interesting.

Thanks guys. What sucks is it's like... my job (that I've had for almost 5 years) just at a different location. It'd be like if I worked as the manager at Gamestop and I wanted to transfer to another Gamestop, and they told me I wasn't qualified.

Pretty fucked up.

That is really screwed up, I hate crap like that.

Mono

Random question:

How many people in here own SSF4AE?
How many people don't and are interested in USF4?

Me, strangely enough! For the second one.

I causally played Street Fighter II as a kid and played a little MvC2, Smash Bros, and Soul Calibur with friends over the years. I never really got into fighting games until I was given Soul Calibur V for my birthday. Of all the fighting games to get me interested in competitive fighting games, THAT was the one, lol.

SCV led me to Skullgirls, which I absolutely love! So naturally, I've been looking into Street Fighter, particularily SFIV since that seems to be very polished and competitive, and I've somehow never played it. Ultra seems like the version to get, but I'm not sure!

That's quite the rabbit hole you've got there.

Lol, the fact that I screwed up that link 6+ times or the random selection of games?

I may or may not have bought a few bundles for one or two games in them, oops! :X Living the Steam life!

Leftover

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-BF75F38D337F0DE7 - Taken by creamsugar. 1 entrants total.

t1407196779z1.png

Random question:

I don't own them. I'm pretty bad at fighting games too.

Sandfox

Random question:

I have AE, and I might pick up Ultra some time down the road to play with my friends who play fighting games. I forgot thatg the game was even coming out on Steam so I may need to work on that lol

Hugstable

Banned
Random question:

I own AE, kinda interested in Ultra if only for the new characters. Havent played much Figgters inawhile besides KOFXIII. I'll probably get Ultra once it's a bit cheaper since I'm pretty bad at fighting games anyway ha.

Mono

Speaking of fighting games, if you have a DS3, the directional buttons are absolutely perfect for fighting games. I love it for Skullgirls! Might be the next best thing to an arcade pad, but what do I know?

JakeD

Random question:

im in the second group. by the time they patched out GFWL, news of the "ultra" upgrade for $15 was already known, and i figured the standalone ultra would hit lower than $21 relatively quickly

MRORANGE

I am pretty sure that 100% OJ is going to win SteamGAF GOTY 2014...

I should probably get it.

So I applied for a job last week as kind of a "last ditch effort", as I would be entirely overqualified for the position and figured it'd be an easy win for me. The pay was less than my current position, but they have health insurance and they're in an area where housing is more readily available.

Fuck it, I'm just gonna be homeless.

I've had this before and it really sucks, hopefully something comes up.

Random question:

I'd fall into that category, the only fighting game that I've played is Skullgirls and I did that badly. I am interested in trying to get into fighters again and USF4 seems like a good place to start.

Does anyone know if Little Big Adventure (from the Groupees bundle) has controller support? I know it's not on Steam yet, but Groupees is promising a future Steam key (and it's already on GOG, which makes me wonder why they didn't offer a key for that site).

First one came fast, gave up idling for the second one for now.

Some games are like that. I usually get it on the last drop. Check the console window and it's been checking every 5 minutes for half an hour.

< Idiot. Turns out I didn't have Steam open when trying to run Idle Master

So I applied for a job last week as kind of a "last ditch effort", as I would be entirely overqualified for the position and figured it'd be an easy win for me. The pay was less than my current position, but they have health insurance and they're in an area where housing is more readily available.

Damn dude, sorry to hear. I look at code all day and the stuff you've been able to do is just amazing. Things have a way of working out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've had this before and it really sucks, hopefully something comes up.

Thanks. My hopes now hinge on a house that opened up in my neighborhood a couple of days ago. It's the cheapest 3 bedroom house that's gone up for rent in this area in the last 3 months
at $1,400 a month
so I've contacted them about renting it, hopefully they get back to me and it's still available. It's about $300 a month more than what I'm currently paying, but it's also about $400 a month less than the next cheapest available place.

Man, where I live really sucks.

rtcn63

Don't some places reject you for being overqualified? They expect you ask for more pay or maybe you'll get bored quick or something. Or they're just assholes. I apply to minimum wage mail jobs and I almost never get a callback, though that's because every entry level position seems to require 5+ years of experience...

Mono

Does anyone know if Little Big Adventure (from the Groupees bundle) has controller support? I know it's not on Steam yet, but Groupees is promising a future Steam key (and it's already on GOG, which makes me wonder why they didn't offer a key for that site).

It doesn't have native controller support. At least, the GOG version doesn't. You could probably set up something janky to get it to work, though!

The 6+ links to get to the giveaway is a new record for me. Haven't seen that before.

I honesstly have no idea what I did to screw up that link/those links so bad, haha!

Thanks. My hopes now hinge on a house that opened up in my neighborhood a couple of days ago. It's the cheapest 3 bedroom house that's gone up for rent in this area in the last 3 months
at $1,400 a month
so I've contacted them about renting it, hopefully they get back to me and it's still available. It's about $300 a month more than what I'm currently paying, but it's also about $400 a month less than the next cheapest available place.

That sucks. :( I don't suppose you can negotiate rent with any of these landlords?

It doesn't have native controller support. At least, the GOG version doesn't. You could probably set up something janky to get it to work, though!
Thanks. I'll probably pass then. It seems like the kind of game that would really benefit from controller support.

Another question: Is 100% OJ worth it as a single-player game, or is multi the only proper way to get the most out of it?

Mono

at $1,400 a month

Aww. :( I hope everything eventually works out, jshackles! Good luck!

Grief.exe

That sucks. :( I don't suppose you can negotiate rent with any of these landlords?

Depending on where he lives the demand may be extremely high for rent.

The real estate market is on a massive upswing and landlords who picked up cheap property during the downturn are now unloading their properties.

Mono

Someone described 100% Orange Juice to me as waifu Mario Party. I really hope that's accurate! I can't play right now, but I'll be up for it later.

Thanks. I'll probably pass then. It seems like the kind of game that would really benefit from controller support.

It really would! The game is so old that the PC controls are a bit of a nightmare, so I don't blame you! It's a fun series, though -- just a bit dated. The soundtrack is awesome!

Kifimbo

Well, finished Residue: Final Cut today. My first impressions from yesterday (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123886037&postcount=4061) weren't good. And I have nothing positive to add today. The only interesting aspect of this game is the setting (Aral Sea/Kazakhstan/Karakalpakstan/Uzbekistan). What can I add to yesterday's impressions ? Well, the "ghosts" didn't make sense. Controlling the flashlight with the same stick as the movement is pretty stupid. Why not use the second analog stick ? The
battle at the end
was so bad it was funny. At least the game only lasted two hours.

Still want to thank Kiriku for the game. It just wasn't for me, but I hope it can find an audience.

DontBlink

Quick question about Modbot ethic: I have a bunch of keys from Amazon that i completely forgot whether they were used or not. Would offering them for a raffle be somehow acceptable, knowing there's maybe 25% change they're valid?

Arthea

Another question: Is 100% OJ worth it as a single-player game, or is multi the only proper way to get the most out of it?

it has story mode, and not a short one, seeing as winning is a major problem in this game, and to advance you need to win, for that you need a lot of luck. I haven't finished story mode, but it's probably worth for that alone too... only why you dismiss online play? It's 100% fun!

ya'll ready for this?

good that you got 4 people already, or I would be tempted, instead of sleeping (><)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Don't give up yet :/

I am pretty sure that 100% OJ is going to win SteamGAF GOTY 2014...

I should probably get it.

Can't go wrong for that price.

Someone described 100% Orange Juice to me as waifu Mario Party. I really hope that's accurate! I can't play right now, but I'll be up for it later.

It's kinda like waifu Mario Party but without the minigames and with seemingly luck based battles.

Also, I'm finally free for a game or two of 100% OJ if another three people want to play. I have barely any experience with it too.

iosefe

Quick question about Modbot ethic: I have a bunch of keys from Amazon that i completely forgot whether they were used or not. Would offering them for a raffle be somehow acceptable, knowing there's maybe 25% change they're valid?

cross reference with your games library

saunderez

How is Saints Row IV for that price? I've never played a Saints Row game but they look pretty interesting.

It's a great game but all the callbacks will go over your head not having played the previous games. There's a stupid amount of injokes.

Mono

It's a great game but all the callbacks will go over your head not having played the previous games. There's a stupid amount of injokes.

That is the last game I expected to have series continuity, woah! If callbacks count, I suppose. Thanks!

iosefe

it has story mode, and not a short one, seeing as winning is a major problem in this game, and to advance you need to win, for that you need a lot of luck. I haven't finished story mode, but it's probably worth for that alone too... only why you dismiss online play? It's 100% fun!

good that you got 4 people already, or I would be tempted, instead of sleeping (><)

you can always watch our offering to RNGsus here: http://www.twitch.tv/iosefe/

Hell, Saints Row 2 had quite a few callbacks - characters the protagonist was talking to as if he knew them (and probably did; I never played the first one.) At least the Third's callbacks were more subdued, relegated to essentially characters represented with text and profile pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom