• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakhyrr

So, now that Red Faction Guerrilla was a bit hyped due to the recent 90% off sale...

Am I the only lonely soul with severe performance issues with the game?

My laptop should have run it like a charm.

Game was pretty bugged for me in dx10 mode. You can force DX9 by adding -nod3d10 in the launch options. Unfortunately you lose some eye candy, but everything went fine for me this way.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Stealth fans, how is Cold War as a game? I know it was a bit outdated even by the time it came out in 2005, but it still looks interesting enough to me that I want to try it out.

Any reasons why I shouldn't?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I own SSF4AE and have bought Ultra upgrade from GMG.

Your awnser is useless for frost who is gauging interest in a upgrade or full ultra giveaway. It's not hard to see the cogs in his brain turning, there's little in there besides giveaways, waifus and ninjas.

Any reasons why I shouldn't?

Yes, it has "future bundle" written all over it

Mono

Kind of a weird question, but has anyone here tried to use a WiiMote as a PC gamepad? Any luck with USB Wii sensors?

Parsnip

Your awnser is useless for frost who is gauging interest in a upgrade or full ultra giveaway. It's not hard to see the cogs in his brain turning, there's little in there besides giveaways, waifus and ninjas.

I'm sorry for not reading his mind.

Jawmuncher

Kind of a weird question, but has anyone here tried to use a WiiMote as a PC gamepad? Any luck with USB Wii sensors?

Last time I tried getting the wiimotes on the PC was a pain. But I was able to get the wiimote hooked up. I just used the sensor bar for my Wii and turned it on. I strictly used it for emulation though. No clue how it would work to replace a gamepad. Probably more pain than its worth .

Hugstable

Banned
waiting for sub $10.. >< el cheapo

#Steamlife

That's why I love Steam though, if you are unsure of a game, at least you know you can always wait for some of the bigger sales to see how much the price drops.

Which one is less shitty, Killer or Yaiba?

From what I've seen of both in Streams I think Yaiba seemed a bit better, but I think Killer Is Dead is more character action than Yaiba which seems more Musou like.

Frost shouls be able to give you the best answer since he played both I believe.

Oublieux

The problem with that, for me at least, is that it takes me anywhere from 10 to 90 minutes for me to fall asleep. So no matter what I plan, I'm bound to wake up in the middle of a REM cycle fairly regularly.

This is why I liked the Jawbone Up band... it wakes you up by vibrating the band on your wrist while you're in light sleep. It determines this through the accelorometer in the band. I always felt really refreshed when it nudged me awake. I think it's a combination of not having a shrill alarm and the fact it wakes you up when your body is already shuffling to get out of bed.

Deitus

Try getting it to play it in multiplayer, only to realise then that everyone's camera follows the host's character =p

Wasn't there some weird thing where only the host could save their character progress in co-op too, or am I remembering that wrong?

This is why I liked the Jawbone Up band... it wakes you up by vibrating the band on your wrist while you're in light sleep. It determines this through the accelorometer in the band. I always felt really refreshed when it nudged me awake. I think it's a combination of not having a shrill alarm and the fact it wakes you up when your body is already shuffling to get out of bed.

Interesting. That definitely does sound appealing to me, but wearing something on my wrist while I sleep seems like it would be difficult to adjust to. I suppose if it actually works though it might be worth it.

The Sacred Tears TRUE is probably the first game on Steam to ever release a demo before the game is even out, that I've noticed at least.

Unfortunately for this game, I'm driven up the wall by the way the developer writes as if they've reviewed the game for your convenience. e.g. Features: "Quite simply one of the best ever doujin RPG and a must-have for any JRPG fan!"

Revengeance.

CyborgNinjaEdit: You beat me, Dear Leader. Well done!

What GPU are you using? I know AMD cards have trouble with this game.
Nvidia GT550M with 2GB VRAM

Go into options and turn off ambient occlusion and see if that helps.

Too late, I've already uninstalled it...

Game was pretty bugged for me in dx10 mode. You can force DX9 by adding -nod3d10 in the launch options. Unfortunately you lose some eye candy, but everything went fine for me this way.

Yep, I've tried that too. Improved only a little.

well you should be!

Damn right.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

Neither.
Both are solid, it just depends on what you're looking for... why do you ask?

30 minutes in and I have yet to find any redeeming qualities about Dungeon Siege 3. Damn them for ruining a good series.

Yakkue seemed to like it just fine. :p

I'm sure Frost would say neither is shitty though, as he was making a hard sell for both games in this and previous Steam threads.

Now you're reading my mind.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

sick corrosivefrost burn brah

I hate you. And Speevy.
Speevy, Y U DO DIS?

:( both seem pretty good for the wacky action goodness

They are both pretty good -- it just depends on what you're looking for.

Mono

Last time I tried getting the wiimotes on the PC was a pain. But I was able to get the wiimote hooked up. I just used the sensor bar for my Wii and turned it on. I strictly used it for emulation though. No clue how it would work to replace a gamepad. Probably more pain than its worth .

Thanks! I'm not daring enough to try to get a WiiMote to work as a normal gamepad but I really want to emulate some of my Wii games after I clear some hardrive space!

tylerf

Going into ranked matchmaking as a new speedrunners player is like jumping into the middle of the ocean haha. Any map besides the one from the tutorial and I lose so fast.

Deitus

Nothing yet, though his Steam account was online 2 hours ago, so he's alive, at the very least.

Not to be upset anyone, but I'm seeing last online 20 hours ago for Shadownet.

I don't think there's any reason to jump to conclusions about anything though. If he was in surgery earlier, it's quite likely that he's still resting or in recovery.

Cheddahz

Banned
See, Cheddahz recommends it and he had to play it at sub-30fps.
You can play this version at 60fps.
I've given it away before, so I obviously think it's a game worthy of gifting.

i didn't go into it with high expections (since i really disliked lollipop chainsaw), but it's basically a noir no more heroes 2 (without all of the pop culture references and potty humor)

don't go into the game expecting a good plot, just go into the game expecting to be a badass dude to tries to lure the ladies with the gifts

shit, it's basically a hack n' slash james bond game

yeah, get it

edit: can someone tell me what is wrong with shadownet? i've been away from my computer for the majority of the day

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
because the first thing anyone does after surgery is log on to steam or neogaf

i didn't go into it with high expections (since i really disliked lollipop chainsaw), but it's basically a noir no more heroes 2 (without all of the pop culture references and potty humor)

don't go into the game expecting a good plot, just go into the game expecting to be a badass dude to tries to lure the ladies with the gifts

yeah, get it

Considering it's a Suda51 game, I was rather surprised at how much depth the core gameplay has. It's not DMC or MGR:R, but it's really solid and a lot of fun. After going from thinking SotD was alright to absolutely hating it after repeated playthroughs (because Suda51 doesn't understand achievements for difficulty stacking), I just pretty much wrote off any Suda51 game that came out. When Lollipop Chainsaw came out and didn't get a good reception, that just cemented it for me, so I didn't even look into KiD until it was announced for Steam and people were getting hype for it.

It's a game I've given away before and a game I'm sure I'll give away again.

--

I think I'm going to take a legitimate shot at getting those other two Yaiba achievements shortly... which means plaything through NGZ mode.
Any interest in me streaming my attempts?

Ventara

yeah, get it

edit: can someone tell me what is wrong with shadownet? i've been away from my computer for the majority of the day

You like KiD but not LC? Was it the aesthetics or something? They were pretty similar gameplay-wise, and I actually enjoyed LC more. It was more fun killing zombies, I guess.

Regarding, Shadownet,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123818117&postcount=3215

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123928811&postcount=4336

On top of needing three surgeries for a car accident he was in, he just found out he has brain cancer.

He told me he might be, though it's certainly expected if he needs his rest.

well he said he'd say something here and i dunno what time it is where he is :/

He lives on the East coast, so it should be 11PM now for him.

Deitus

Right. Knowing Shadownet he'd probably want to, but I think people underestimate how much a major surgery will incapacitate someone. Even after he wakes up, he'll probably be too high out of his mind on pain meds to do anything intelligible.

well he said he'd say something here and i dunno what time it is where he is :/

I'm sure he planned on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything tonight. I know everyone is eager to hear the all clear, and I am as well, but the reality is he needs to be recovering right now, not posting on GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom