• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

was the blade and soul western release canceled? Seems like it was announced ages ago

Not sure, but now you've got me curious. Could just be that NCSoft's putting all their effort into Wildstar right now, or they may have quietly killed plans for a Western release and are just waiting for people to forget about it. Maybe they were worried that Hyung-Tae Kim's waifu designs would be too much for Western audiences to handle. :p I'll take a look around and see if I can find out anything more concrete.

iosefe

Death Wish fulfilled
14646706898_fd0f053e3c_b.jpg

Thanks, yours is better. I'm tempted to post outside SteamGAF but I shall refrain. I can't believe that I would find Moon Unbelievers on GAF itself. How can people just dismiss all the evidence as just fake?
Although i understand the fear, it's mostly just a matter of being polite, or just knowing to stay away of some discussions. Besides SteamGAF, i mostly stay on the gaming side, or some movies threads on off topic.

Oh, and i finished Hotline Miami today(trying to destroy my backlog). excellent game, although that final stretch got somewhat unfair. HATE those bouncers.
Besides that, excellent game. Cant wait to play HM2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
an now in today's "yeah no shit dumbass" display of ignorance... Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet is basically a "metroidvania"? o_O

was listening to a old bombcast and they mention that, I only saw footage of that multiplayer race mode and I thought thats all it was

edit: Ningen if youre around later tonight i should do more Blackbay Asylum

Teeth

an now in today's "yeah no shit dumbass" display of ignorance... Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet is basically a "metroidvania"? o_O

was listening to a old bombcast and they mention that, I only saw footage of that multiplayer race mode and I thought thats all it was

It's a pretty basic one though. Everything is spelled out where to go with the iconography...it even marks it on your map. It's a bit more like a hub and spoke design to me.

Cool, what chapter are you on?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cool, what chapter are you on?

4, I did chapter 3 the other day, talking to myself (including replies to mokoi or hugstuble in chat) because my mic wasnt going through (for future reference, dont plug in your usb mic AFTER obs is already running >_>)

so in the video, i keep walking around this puzzle seemingly clueless, when in fact I was solving it lol.

chapter 4 is called "the showers" tho, so that should be interesting, because... you know, prison / asylum shower rooms are always fun o_O

4, I did chapter 3 the other day, talking to myself (including replies to mokoi or hugstuble in chat) because my mic wasnt going through (for future reference, dont plug in your usb mic AFTER obs is already running >_>)

so in the video, i keep walking around this puzzle seemingly clueless, when in fact I was solving it lol.

chapter 4 is called "the showers" tho, so that should be interesting, because... you know, prison / asylum shower rooms are always fun o_O

Have only missed chapter 3 then, some advice in case I can't make it to the stream
don't drop the soap

Knurek

TitS still going strong, selling better than daily at the moment.

Game is great, yo. If you're into the whole jRPG thingy, buy it people!

Hugstable

Banned
Serious Sam 3 has been completed. That last boss was kinda crazy, they give no real clues on the hell you're supposed to beat him!

I don't know if i'd call it a good point and click, but man, its a hell of a ride. I'm glad its getting a 2nd lease on life on Steam now

The screens on the Steam page look hilarious. I kind of regret not picking it up in a bundle not too long ago. Would have been an interesting experience.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh why isn't there a mod for super jumping in Red Faction Guerilla? I'm already tired of long drives in it or having to go around because Mason doesn't know how to walk up a hill.

Oh why isn't there a mod for super jumping in Red Faction Guerilla? I'm already tired of long drives in it or having to go around because Mason doesn't know how to walk up a hill.
I think there are jetpacks in multiplayer. I wouldn't know firsthand because no one's playing it

Deitus

I've still not gotten around to playing it either, but I had always heard that it was a Metroidvania.

Of course the Giant Bomb guys have a very loose definition of metroidvania, so grain of salt and all that.

Serious Sam 3 has been completed. That last boss was kinda crazy, they give no real clues on the hell you're supposed to beat him!

Yeah, it was fun. We were a lot closer to the end than I thought. That last boss though was ridiculous. It would have been nice to have any indication at all that there was a jetpack lying on the ground in the middle of that giant arena swarming with enemies.

Tellaerin

You'll be pleased to know that you eventually get a jetpack. :3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
His profile picture is still there, so doesn't that mean it's a perm?

You've got it backwards... and it's just a myth (e.g. Classy still has his avatar). Sometimes someone's avatar disappears upon being banned, sometimes it doesn't; the presence, or lack thereof, of their avatar is indicative of nothing.

Yrael

I...I still just can't wrap my head around the fact that there's a game on Steam revolving around dating pigeons.

Pigeons.

I know there are weirder things but...gah.

Death Wish fulfilled

I feel at least partially responsible for this. :3

Yeah, it was fun. We were a lot closer to the end than I thought. That last boss though was ridiculous. It would have been nice to have any indication at all that there was a jetpack lying on the ground in the middle of that giant arena swarming with enemies.

I randomly stumbled over it at one point looking for ammo... :lol

And yes, ISTP is kind of a metroidvania -- there is one big map and areas blocked off until you explore other portions of the map to find upgrades for your ship.
It fits int the genre for the most part.

Rhaknar

thinking of buying and streaming Bad Mojo, I used to love that game. Streaming Blackbay Asylum makes me want to do more obscure games that most people probably wont have, instead of doing the usual suspects (like, I could stream crypt of the necrodancer, but whats the point, its not like thats hard to find starting right here on steamgaf)

Mokoi

Banned
TitS still going strong, selling better than daily at the moment.
Game is great, yo. If you're into the whole jRPG thingy, buy it people!

Heh I still haven't gotten passed the intro. Game kept on crashing on me, and I haven't bothered to start it up since then. Also I got to finish Yaiba too. I think I'm almost done with it, so it just may be the first game I finish in months.

Deitus

I...I still just can't wrap my head around the fact that there's a game on Steam revolving around dating pigeons.

Pigeons.

Would you prefer a game where you date an Alpaca. Because that's totally a game. It's not on Steam yet though... but it's coming.

thinking of buying and streaming Bad Mojo, I used to love that game. Streaming Blackbay Asylum makes me want to do more obscure games that most people probably wont have, instead of doing the usual suspects (like, I could stream crypt of the necrodancer, but whats the point, its not like thats hard to find starting right here on steamgaf)

I'd gladly watch a stream of Bad Mojo. Hell, i'm considering streaming Harvester with all this talk, but yeah, i like the idea of streaming some of the cooler hidden gems on Steam like the old point and click FMV games, or something cool like Frederic that was on sale last week.

Pigeons.

You can just about date anything nowadays. I won't be surprise if one comes up where you date inanimate objects like forks and spoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom