• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Amen, right up there with Arma Tactics and Jurassic Park (Telltale) as some of the worst games of all time.

NO.

I can understand people not liking it.
But the worst gaming has to offer is quite the stretch. Yeah its basically poor mans heavy rain but the story is decent enough through out. Plus everything works when you play the game. It's not like the QTEs were broken or anything.

Mokoi

Banned
Serious Stream is done for the night! And Serious Sam 2 is finally done!

I think the quote of the night goes to myself, when I said "I'd rather suck [the drug dealer's] dick and not do the heroin [than play Serious Sam]."

Thanks everyone for watching! Serious Sam 3 starts soon, so keep an eye out!

Haha that was you who said that. That was definitely the quote of the night I must say.

I thought they were pretty easy. The play the first episode without dying one was cheesed pretty easily.

I remember being annoyed by some of the "do this QTE sequence perfectly" ones.
Some of the times the speed with which you were required to mash a button was ridiculously tight and if you weren't using a guide to know when to start mashing? Yeah, you were going to get a strike against you and have to do it again. :|
I remember the one at the start of the final sequence being a REAL pain in my ass.

--

Seems there was a winner of my giveaway after all... from the PM:

xenoflux2113 claimed your Transistor key. There were 81 entrants.

I do, I also cranked up the amount it keeps as well.
I remember one time I spend a lot of time on beating a boss, after I did, I went back to Cyseal market to sell the loot, but forgot to sheath my weapon and misclicked, and the entire market went after me.

I had to beat the boss again.

wilflare

xenoflux2113 - well deserved :D
he's been a SteamGAF regular, silently helping to add people to the SteamGAF group, regional gifting etc
glad he won 'Transistor :D

I remember one time I spend a lot of time on beating a boss, after I did, I went back to Cyseal market to sell the loot, but forgot to sheath my weapon and misclicked, and the entire market went after me.

I had to beat the boss again.
How about playing Morrowind and forgetting you're crouching before talking to a merchant and you end up pickpocketing him on accident? Happens to me a lot. I have a lot of Morrowind saves.

iosefe

Does Windows show it as a Wireless Controller?

yes

currently trying 1.40.0.22 from JyK's sig. just installed the SCP driver through that. i already had the 360 drivers.

the program still doesn't recognize it, but at least it's still recognized as a direct input controller

*EDIT* hit hide ds4. problem solved

Ventara

Hey guys, I have just enough mula to either buy Orc Must Die 2 (base) or Red Faction Collection. Bonus info: I have OMD1, though I've never played it, but I've never played a Red Faction game. Both games interest me equally from the little amount I've seen. Just base your answer on your own preferences.

lol at those Sacred 3 reviews, what a backlash.
I expect the game to be 10€
or in a humble bundle
in a couple months.

Nabs

yes

currently trying 1.40.0.22 from JyK's sig. just installed the SCP driver through that. i already had the 360 drivers.

the program still doesn't recognize it, but at least it's still recognized as a direct input controller

*EDIT* hit hide ds4. problem solved

Nice. Feel free to message me on Steam if you ever have any questions or problems with it.

Hey now, I 100%'ed Jurassic Park -- some of the achievements were a pain in the balls, but the game itself was okay. :p

I enjoyed Jurassic Park as well. More than the Walking Dead to be completely honest but not as much as their classic games like Sam and Max, Strong Bad, and Tales of monkey Island.

Serious Sam 2 is the most boring game I ever played. I've only been awake 3 hours and at least twice during the end of that game I was drifting away!

Mokoi

Banned
Hey guys, I have just enough mula to either buy Orc Must Die 2 (base) or Red Faction Collection. Bonus info: I have OMD1, though I've never played it, but I've never played a Red Faction game. Both games interest me equally from the little amount I've seen. Just base your answer on your own preferences.

I would recommend the Red Faction Collection. Guerrilla was pretty fun, and is a solid game overall. The destruction is nice, but don't expect too much plot wise. It can get a little repetitive at times though. I'm not familiar with Orcs must die, so just get the collection I say.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
lol at those Sacred 3 reviews, what a backlash.
I expect the game to be 10€
or in a humble bundle
in a couple months.

too bad ... because it's a pretty good game in its own right ... very enjoyable to play too :)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yo:

ModBot said:
Instructions for morningbus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Qube -- MB-A3DB037A2907CF1A - Taken by Htown

Ahahaha, it's funny I said you're dead just as Ozi killed Paul lol.
You're Dead! *headshotted*

I need to record some and give you (Kanokare) the footage or something. Any time Paul freaks out is golden.

"Marco you need to--"
*gets a kill*
"Marco get back over he--"
*gets a kill*

Ok, so here's today's webms from Frost, brought to you by your friendly neighborhood lashman...

So, most of you are probably not aware of this, but when you beat Yaiba, you unlock a new mode called "Ninja Gaiden Z". Ninja Gaiden Z throws you into a "classic" world with NES style cutscenes, "bad" story/translations, chiptune music, and alot of side scrolling Double Dragon type goodness. All of Yaiba's abilities are available, save for executions, which makes it kinda tough in spots. You can find a golden zombie which hearkens back to the Golden Axe gnomes that would drop magic and health potions though.

http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/ngz.1.webm
http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/ngz.2.webm

I NEED SAKE FOR THE EXTREME CYBORG.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Lol I think this two night vacation from SS has been long enough. I gave up helping with 2, but I'll jump back in for BFE and I just want him to be free.
That does remind me that I actually bought BFE for a dollar with the actual intention of playing it and never did... might have to mend that soon enough.

Urgh, you know what sucks? Not being able to quote posts from closed threads. Have to do it manually now.
Yeah, that can be a pain... new thread, clean slate I suppose :p

I've tried to register a giveaway twice and twice modbot has pretended I do not exist.
You_are_already_dead.jpg

Guys, should I be worried?

I swear this has not been edited in any way. Seriously.
Depends, are you the Fun Bus?
Well, are you?

LIVE NOW: Serious Stream: http://twitch.tv/morningbus (Join us directly via Steam).
Brilliant, I hadn't seen a couple of these :)

Why do you people hate the Bus so much? What did he ever do to you all?
He seems like such a lovable guy, why would someone want to inflict so much pain on him?
He's a FIEND who drinks COLD mate. All the hate is deserved.

So garbage dump rules?
That depends, are you in Japan?

In some areas I do think the Wii U has some features that make it interesting only because it isn't basically a computer hooked to a TV since it has a unique controller. However, a console can only be as interesting as the games developed for it and I personally have not seen anything that utilizes the hardware in a way that has tempted me to purchase one. I do think that Nintendo makes quality first party titles, I have enjoyed Mario Kart on it for one, but again in my opinion there hasn't been enough to convince me to purchase one at this time. I have no doubt in my mind that it will end up in my house someday in the future, but not quite yet.
ZombiU is rough around the edges, but is somewhat unique as is Wonderful 101. If you care about Nintendo games (or Bayonetta) does look to be a worthy investment, at least more than PS4/Xbone are at the moment (if you are a PC gamer as well obviously).

And WiiU has what... um... uh... Wonderful 101?
Yeah, not worth the pricetag for me, that's for sure, even with Bayo 1 & 2 coming, especially when you factor in that Nintendo is still trying to get online right, didn't add some sort of trophy/achievement system, and most importantly ties your purchases to your system, not your account (at least they did and still do on 3DS, not sure if they actually fixed it on WiiU). :p
They have unified friend list on Wii U (somewhat on 3DS), there is a trophy/achievement system but it's optional, the purchases are tied to the account on both 3DS and Wii U(but to the hardware too, so you need to transfer content which is terrible and annoying if you don't live in the US or something).

Second, this got me thinking, is anyone working on a game launcher for steam games? I've gotten to the point that a loath steam as a game launcher. Since who knows is Valve will ever address its short comings (busy playing smash up derby with their wheeled desks) I think that an alternate launcher would be awesome. Mame has some amazing launchers. Something that could look slick and be functional would be a great choice to have.
Can be done, as you can launch games from Depressurizer... it does lack the "look slick" part though :p

And me Panzer Dragoon Saga
That would fix your wallet rather than your heart XD

Serious Sam 2 is one of the worst designed games ever.
It totally is.

Serious Stream is done for the night! And Serious Sam 2 is finally done!

I think the quote of the night goes to myself, when I said "I'd rather suck [the drug dealer's] dick and not do the heroin [than play Serious Sam]."

Thanks everyone for watching! Serious Sam 3 starts soon, so keep an eye out!
Boo I missed it :(

Amen, right up there with Arma Tactics and Jurassic Park (Telltale) as some of the worst games of all time.
JP is very meh, but worst of all time? No, not even close.

Hey now, I 100%'ed Jurassic Park -- some of the achievements were a pain in the balls, but the game itself was okay. :p
I was only able to finish the first episode, and couldn't continue. It didn't hook me at all and too buggy... and this is coming from a JP fan.

NO.

I can understand people not liking it.
But the worst gaming has to offer is quite the stretch. Yeah its basically poor mans heavy rain but the story is decent enough through out. Plus everything works when you play the game. It's not like the QTEs were broken or anything.
Well, they were broken for me.
I had more than one instance where the QTE wouldn't load and thus I instadied, or the commands didn't register properly. Hell, I finished one section successfully and then the game instead of continuing reloaded the section again.

wilflare

best CSGO moment for me.

Hugs and another GAF member were setting the bomb with Robo left in CT.

the chat goes.
@Hugs we got this!
Robo kills GAF member
Robo kills Hugs
CT wins
Hugs:we ain't got this...

Serious Sam 2 is really awful.
Serious Sam 3 is uh...better than 2 but not good enough.

1st and 2nd encounter are pretty good though.

EDIT: Wait..there are Sacred 3 reviews floating around? Curious to read how it turned out.

too bad ... because it's a pretty good game in its own right ... very enjoyable to play too :)

Maybe, but it seems it's not a Sacred game, why annoy fans with something nobody wanted? why not call it something else instead like they did with Sacred Citadel?

Nice. Feel free to message me on Steam if you ever have any questions or problems with it.

Any chance those DS4 drivers are backwards compatible? I'd give them a shot after all your praising, but I don't want to have to deal with having both SCP DS3 Server and your DS4 drivers installed...

wilflare

Any chance those DS4 drivers are backwards compatible? I'd give them a shot after all your praising, but I don't want to have to deal with having both SCP DS3 Server and your DS4 drivers installed...

Nabs is awesome!

hmm I roughly remember the devs saying something like you can leave the SCP DS3 Drivers installed.. and still use the DS4 ones (basically DS4Windows will use the Base SCP drivers)

Hugstable

Banned
Finally had a good game if CS:GO! Took watching a whole bunch of videos, but dammit I finally didn't get my ass whooped every round! :D

Caerith

It finally happened.

It took 1 year, 1 month, 4 days, 4 hours, and 9 minutes, but it finally happened:

Someone didn't get the joke.

UK9jxRI.png

Strider

Finally had a good game if CS:GO! Took watching a whole bunch of videos, but dammit I finally didn't get my ass whooped every round! :D

I remembered you guys talking about them during the game but didn't hear what vids they were exactly? Mind linking them to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom