• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Code Veronica HD and the other mainline RE games are probably more likely to come to steam now right? I mean, this news came out of nowhere...

Can't wait for REmaster. Will get day one....even if it has giant spiders in it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Remember though, Liberation was coming from Vita, not from x360, so there's probably a longer port time there and more work to do trying to update the resources for "HD".
Hell, look how long these ports take to get on Vita from PC... Rogue Legacy only FINALLY just released on Vita in the last 2 weeks, I think and that port has been in the works for a year or more.

I wasn't disagreeing with the notion that the game will hit the PC within six months following the PS360 release -- I said something similar myself a little earlier in the thread. I was just making the point that Liberation HD didn't come six months after the Vita release.

C4rter

3831_front.jpg

This game had a PC version didn't it? Stupid EA should put this on GOG or steam...

Future Cop LAPD was awesome. I got it in a retail bundle (huge load of PC Games on CD in one box), tried it out and absolutely loved it.

Jawmuncher

Code Veronica HD and the other mainline RE games are probably more likely to come to steam now right? I mean, this news came out of nowhere...

Can't wait for REmaster. Will get day one....even if it has giant spiders in it.

This is my assumption as well.
Would be nice to have all of RE on one platform.

I wasn't disagreeing with the notion that the game will hit the PC within six months following the PS360 release -- I said something similar myself a little earlier in the thread. I was just making the point that Liberation HD didn't come six months after the Vita release.

Oh, I didn't think you were disagreeing, I was just kind of offering some reasons as to why it took Liberation HD that long to show up. :)

Well, they've done 2 of the gamecube games so far, right?
I guess RE2, RE3, and RE:0 were also on gamecube... so maybe? :)

The IRS will be all over your ass.

Just the way he likes it.

Lomax

Absolutely agree with this. I usually hate stealth games but MotN is just done so damn well. It really nails the whole "ninja" feel.

It always saddens me to see it go unclaimed in giveaways.
Same. Stealth usually equates to "wait behind a box for 60 seconds until the guard turns his back. Then do the same thing 100 more times." Mark of the Ninja is much better designed than that. Stealth is not a passive time waster. It's an active, engaging activity. You're constantly moving, jumping behind scenery, using light cones, using noise and traps to move guards around.

Guard placement is puzzlish, requiring manipulation of multiple enemies and objects to setup either a clean getaway corridor or an optimal kill arrangement. The numerous tricks and traps to do so are fun as well, from smoke to hallucinatory poison. Excellent level design keeps everything moving along nicely.

Beautiful looking game, too. Really nicely drawn and animated.

Yes, I usually find "stealth" games annoying but I loved MotN. It's pretty widely praised and sold well, only reason giveaways go unclaimed is because it has been widely bundled.

header.jpg

Does anyone know why Space Hack is just released on Steam for free?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/315260/

It doesn't have the "free to play" tag so I assume it is free for a limited time? Because it costs about $10 at Amazon and $15 at Gamersgate.

Play button on the store page doesn't do anything though, no install or account link. Seems like a glitch.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of salazar547, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Binary Domain -- MB-BEE8BC1473D82173 - Taken by freshVeggie. 14 entrants total.

t1407261701z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So since I made this comment on Reddit, I've been getting about 2-3 offers per hour from people / companies that want to "buy the rights" to Enhanced Steam.

I know that most (if not all) of these offers are just from people who want to toss some sort of adware into the program before it gets distributed, and don't really give a shit about the users or improving the program in any way. The ones who specifically say stuff like "I have some ideas on improving Enhanced Steam" I reply with "As long as you're not trying to do something shady, you can submit your own pull requests to our open source repository on Github."

I just wanted to let you guys know that even with my recent financial difficulties, I don't plan on entertaining any of these scumbag offers, regardless of how much money they're offering. Most aren't offering much, though some are offering quite a bit. Even if they were offering a significant amount of money though, I'm simply not interested in screwing over the million+ users that have put their trust in Enhanced Steam.

I just wish Gmail had a "scumbag" filter ;)

So since I made this comment on Reddit, I've been getting about 2-3 offers per hour from people / companies that want to "buy the rights" to Enhanced Steam.

I know that most (if not all) of these offers are just from people who want to toss some sort of adware into the program before it gets distributed, and don't really give a shit about the users or improving the program in any way. The ones who specifically say stuff like "I have some ideas on improving Enhanced Steam" I reply with "As long as you're not trying to do something shady, you can submit your own pull requests to our open source repository on Github."

I just wanted to let you guys know that even with my recent financial difficulties, I don't plan on entertaining any of these scumbag offers, regardless of how much money they're offering. Most aren't offering much, though some are offering quite a bit. Even if they were offering a significant amount of money though, I'm simply not interested in screwing over the million+ users that have put their trust in Enhanced Steam.

If only Gaben would hire you. Thanks for all the hard work!

GaussTek

Just in case you don't want to bother with Indie Gala:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GaussTek, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Frozen Hearth -- MB-16E9CB7BBD13F83B - Taken by tylergregg

Turfster

That 150% discount on Avencast and 165% discount on Obulis.
You'd think they'd know how to automatically cap discounts by now.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Glad to hear you've got our best interests at heart jshackles! I dread to think of an Enhanced Steam subtlely adjusting the store to push games or hide competitors...

Ban Puncher

There were some differences, N64 version contains exclusive material but I think it's missing cutscene? Can't remember.

It's not missing any cutsenes but they are heavily compressed and look like hot garbage. The actual game however looks good, has extra files in the game relating to RE3 and has point-in-the-direction-you-want-to-go controls. F tank controls.

I think all the GC RE ports are the Dreamcast versions? Could be talking outta my butt.

Tellaerin

The sub is named "Space Hack - Free" and there's another store sub in the registry, so I doubt it's a mistake.

Checked the page just now:

FREE FOR 24 HOURS! In celebration of the Merdian4 10-Year Anniversary, Space Hack is free to all customers for 24 hours. Offer ends August 6th at 10AM Pacific.

Edit: Beaten by AsylumX.

(Though apparently the "play game" button isn't working for me. >_< )

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

Cool, jshackles. You do an excellent job and it's always good to hear your side of things and how you value the people who use your program. Good luck with the financial stuff.

Porcupine

Nice to hear, keep up the good work =)

I just want to personally thank you for this, enhanced steam/Idlem@ster are awesome programs.

Sendou

You're a good man.

Ventara

Just want to say you're an amazing person for being so stand-up, and you've done great work with Enhanced Steam. I installed it about a week ago and I really enjoy and find the additional info it provides quite useful. So thanks a lot for making it, and a bigger thank you for not giving in despite your situation to keep Enhanced Steam as awesome as it is.

Lomax

Today's daily is DC Universe Online and the front page banner connects me to a dead page on SOE. Good times. Edit - fixed now.

It's a shame there isn't a good way for you to monetize it. It really is a phenomenal piece of work and you deserve to be making a living from it. Have you considered Kickstarter? Maybe some opt-in advertising or referral links? Perhaps some sort of sponsorship deal?

Enco

Mission 3.
The next mission is the mission I created that webm from.

And for your first playthrough, the only thing you really need dates for is to get the drill arm.
So basically go on the first date that's available and complete it successfully. Now you can ignore dating forever if you want to.
I went on the date to see if there would be any good action but it cut out too early.

You finished Mission 3 actually, start this current mission then come back and tell us what you think of its cutscenes.
Sounds good to me,

Ohhhh was Killer is Dead your unsupported resolution, poor options head ache? There's quite a few tweaks that myself, Jediyoshi, Salsa, BONKERS and a few others put in the OT. It plays ball with the latest build of GeDoSaTo now so the resolution is the limit of your hardware. I managed to get 80ish fps at 3840x2160 on a 780 before finding SLI bits that worked and above 60 with 4xOGSSAA at 2560x1440. But you need to go fiddle around with the config files in the install directory (I think the KidGame ones).
Yup that's what triggered my post.

Just boggles my mind. It's so easy to correct.

I have no idea what GeDoSaTo is. I've seen the thread and I'm not sure if it's just a DS2 thing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You can't "purchase" it anyway.

Yeah, I know. It may be related to all the Free on Demand stuff Valve's been doing lately as the link is incorrect. An install link ties a FoD sub to your account, but Space Hack's sub is a No Cost sub that should have an addToCart link instead (think the L4D2 giveaway during last year's Winter Sale).

derExperte

These midweek and weekend madness deals aren't doing it for me lately, many repeats, uninteresting games (don't care for anything that Meridian4 has to offer) or soso prices.

Maybe I'll get the Decay DLCs.

Also Road Not Taken is out (it'll be available on PS+ this month too).

Newblade

header.jpg

Does anyone know why Space Hack is just released on Steam for free?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/315260/

It doesn't have the "free to play" tag so I assume it is free for a limited time? Because it costs about $10 at Amazon and $15 at Gamersgate.

FREE FOR 24 HOURS! In celebration of the Merdian4 10-Year Anniversary, Space Hack is free to all customers for 24 hours. Offer ends August 6th at 10AM Pacific.

I can't install it though.

Lomax

Meridian4 should have made their anniversary special 90% off, every one of their games has been bundled to death already as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom