• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Maybe, but it seems it's not a Sacred game, why annoy fans with something nobody wanted? why not call it something else instead like they did with Sacred Citadel?

sure - they might've given the game a different (sub)title ... but it still doesn't mean it's a bad game ... it's not ... far from it, in fact :)

Nabs is awesome!

hmm I roughly remember the devs saying something like you can leave the SCP DS3 Drivers installed.. and still use the DS4 ones (basically DS4Windows will use the Base SCP drivers)

But SCP DS3 uses the custom bluetooth driver -- won't that be incompatible with the DS4 driver since it uses whatever regular bluetooth driver you have?

Or is it something where I can just stop my SCP DS3 service if I want to use the DS4 tool you're talking about?

NAAAAAAAAAABBBBS!!!

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Hey now, I 100%'ed Jurassic Park -- some of the achievements were a pain in the balls, but the game itself was okay. :p

I was going to 100% the game myself since you could just load the checkpoints to do things differently but when I beat it, I had no desire to do so.

NO.

I can understand people not liking it.
But the worst gaming has to offer is quite the stretch. Yeah its basically poor mans heavy rain but the story is decent enough through out. Plus everything works when you play the game. It's not like the QTEs were broken or anything.

The QTE worked but they weren't fun at all and I felt none of the characters were redeeming. The game was basically the framework for The Walking Dead which is a much better experience. In all honestly, I rather have a broken game that tries to be different from the rest of the games on the mark or enjoyable than the slob that Jurassic Park.

JP is very meh, but worst of all time? No, not even close.

Damn, I have to say that I enjoy having people jump on my opinion.I did go a bit too far saying it's among the worst of all time but it's definitely the worst telltale game.

sure - they might've given the game a different (sub)title ... but it still doesn't mean it's a bad game ... it's not ... far from it, in fact :)

Many games suffer from having names associated with franchise.
Hell, Yaiba is clearly marked as merely "set in the same universe" but since it's not an FPS or something people expect a 3D character action game from it.
And then you move on to other things that suffer from sharing names of franchises where they would've been better off with a different name (DmC, I'm looking at you)... happens all the time. Mostly because developers are banking on using the name to get people interested because it's already established, I'd wager.

wilflare

But SCP DS3 uses the custom bluetooth driver -- won't that be incompatible with the DS4 driver since it uses whatever regular bluetooth driver you have?

Or is it something where I can just stop my SCP DS3 service if I want to use the DS4 tool you're talking about?

NAAAAAAAAAABBBBS!!!

not sure if we can just switch drivers on the fly... probably not. haha.

hmm. I think the DS4Windows maybe able to use that custom Bluetooth driver? - unless my memory fails me...

worth a try. it won't muck up your PC like Motioninjoy

Nabs

NAAAAAAAAAABBBBS!!!

I honestly have no idea. I don't think you'll be able to use it via BT if you let SCP overwrite it. I also don't think the SCP service will get in the way of the one I use.

Ventara

I would recommend the Red Faction Collection. Guerrilla was pretty fun, and is a solid game overall. The destruction is nice, but don't expect too much plot wise. It can get a little repetitive at times though. I'm not familiar with Orcs must die, so just get the collection I say.

Coolios. I was kinda leaning towards Red Faction, too. Thanks!

I have Super Meat Boy and Tiny Bang Story sitting in my gift inventory.

What do?

Tiny Bang Story is a pretty cool point and click puzzle game. If you don't have it already in your library, I'd add it.

wilflare

I honestly have no idea. I don't think you'll be able to use it via BT if you let SCP overwrite it. I also don't think the SCP service will get in the way of the one I use.

listen to Nabs. just install both and see if it works.

DS4Windows installs and uninstalls very cleanly.

It finally happened.

It took 1 year, 1 month, 4 days, 4 hours, and 9 minutes, but it finally happened:

Someone didn't get the joke.

UK9jxRI.png

hahaha... Thats perfect.

lashman

Many games suffer from having names associated with franchise.
Hell, Yaiba is clearly marked as merely "set in the same universe" but since it's not an FPS or something people expect a 3D character action game from it.
And then you move on to other things that suffer from sharing names of franchises where they would've been better off with a different name (DmC, I'm looking at you)... happens all the time. Mostly because developers are banking on using the name to get people interested because it's already established, I'd wager.

yeah, I guess you're right ... they definitely fucked up just by naming it Sacred 3 .... that HATE in the steam reviews/forums is just horrible .... especially since it IS a pretty good game *sigh*

ModBot said:
Instructions for PrematureQuiche:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PrematureQuiche, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LA Cops -- MB-3E9A67AFB0B047DC - Taken by ramoisdead. 32 entrants total.

t1406871443z1.png

I guess I need to get MegaGiver eventually
3AQmK.gif
good luck!

yeah, I guess you're right ... they definitely fucked up just by naming it Sacred 3 .... that HATE in the steam reviews/forums is just horrible .... especially since it IS a pretty good game *sigh*

Looks like it'll be fun to co-op.
Pencil it in once we finish up Serious Sam 3?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixel Piracy -- MB-3C58B28837E08C74 - Taken by Lomax. 17 entrants total.
Lovely Planet -- MB-8029150B24A82C04 - Taken by saunderez. 30 entrants total.
Mount Your Friends -- MB-7066B79B7E0990CE - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 15 entrants total.

t1406874263z1.png

It's understandable, lots of people were waiting for a Sacred 2 sequel, they bought the game and found something that's not a Sacred sequel but a completely different genre.

I'm a Sacred fan and I'd be very pissed off if I bought the game.

Also that price, 50€ for basically a Torchlight that you can buy for 15€? don't really know what the devs were thinking.

It's understandable, lots of people were waiting for a Sacred 2 sequel, they bought the game and found something that's not a Sacred sequel but a completely different genre.

I'm a Sacred fan and I'd be very pissed off if I bought the game.

Also that price, 50€ for basically a Torchlight that you can buy for 15€? don't really know what the devs were thinking.

I've not played Sacred 2 -- but I have beaten Torchlight and started Torchlight 2... Sacred 3 didn't look like Torchlight to me from what I saw streamed exactly... but what's missing from it that makes it no longer like Sacred 2?

I got the exact same card all four times for Natural Selection 2 but I tend to get duplicates a lot.

That could come in handy, say, if you were to get a Transistor foil and 3 duplicates.

Lain

More time spent on Sacred 3 and my impressions are getting even more positive.

The quick optional missions that, I guess, are more there to provide exp and gold are more enjoyable than the long, story ones.
i switched to the singing elf soul, which provides little to no benefit for a solo play but I love how she's always singing after I kill stuff (she has a nice voice as far as I'm concerned).

I started unlocking some upgrades after learning how to do it by chance, so now I can kill downed enemies from a bigger range and my weapon does more damage.

For shit and giggles I tried to play the game downsampled. The performance didn't seem to get any major hit, though something strange was going on since Steam didn't become smaller like it usually does and I couldn't really notice much of a difference. Screenshots were still saved at the 2880x1620 resolution I had picked so whatever.

I think the biggest hurdle with this is getting over what the game isn't and reconciling with what it is.
Still not worth the price they are asking in Europe for me so far though.

Kanokare

This is awesome! Hey, our call trolling was featured :D

lol I should start playing.

Haha yeah, it was great fun. And the trolling on stream XD If you get any clips go for it! Marco, you do some crazy stuff though that make us worry sometimes lol.

Ahahaha, it's funny I said you're dead just as Ozi killed Paul lol.

"You're dead!!" *Bang*
What a coincidence hahaha. I didn't notice it at first on the side of my screen until I stared at the kill feed. Poor Kuma, always getting shot at by his team.

I guess I need to get MegaGiver eventually. good luck!
Reminds me of that one Beastie Boys video. Thanks for the chance.

So, I have reached my friend limit. I don't have a full card set to badge yet. Is it very rude to unfriend, if I refriend later? Never had to unfriend, so I don't even know whether the other side gets notified. Hope not.

Lain

I've not played Sacred 2 -- but I have beaten Torchlight and started Torchlight 2... Sacred 3 didn't look like Torchlight to me from what I saw streamed exactly... but what's missing from it that makes it no longer like Sacred 2?

There is no open world, there is no real loot. You pick a mission, get dropped into the level, kill stuff to get gold and unlock some souls/some weapons you'll be able to use after the mission ends and upgrade/unlock weapon/armor/skills with the gold you earn.

The quick optional missions that, I guess, are more there to provide exp and gold are more enjoyable than the long, story ones.
i switched to the singing elf soul, which provides little to no benefit for a solo play but I love how she's always singing after I kill stuff (she has a nice voice as far as I'm concerned).

I started unlocking some upgrades after learning how to do it by chance, so now I can kill downed enemies from a bigger range and my weapon does more damage.

For shit and giggles I tried to play the game downsampled. The performance didn't seem to get any major hit, though something strange was going on since Steam didn't become smaller like it usually does and I couldn't really notice much of a difference. Screenshots were still saved at the 2880x1620 resolution I had picked so whatever.

I think the biggest hurdle with this is getting over what the game isn't and reconciling with what it is.

if the game was called something else instead of sacred 3 and the price was like 30 dollars the game would be pretty decent

Haha yeah, it was great fun. And the trolling on stream XD If you get any clips go for it! Marco, you do some crazy stuff though that make us worry sometimes lol.
It'd be easier to do if people weren't panicking about it >_>

More recently it's been "You only have a Nova, Marco. Just fall back"
*stays*
*gets kill*
*gets kill*

Ozium

Never listen to Paullink.. He will just get you killed.

This is why you have to kill him first. So he won't mislead you.

Well, I haven't played Sacred 3, but Sacred 2 was open world, you could explore a huge world and accept quests, find secrets, etc. Sacred 3 from the reviews seems much more linear and just a hack and slash instead of a proper ARPG. Also combat system was slightly different.

I'll probably record if I can sort out what the issue is with ShadowPlay causing stutter/lag in game and then it being even worse in the footage.
Never listen to Paullink.. He will just get you killed.

This is why you have to kill him first. So he won't mislead you.
This is true. He'll live and then you'll die if you follow him.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does that mean I own a game now which will be regarded in the future like Blur, Wheelman or Mafia? Cool.

Not really. The game's been bundled a few times now.

Wasn't that the game Turfster liked so much? Thought it came out around the same time as HL2. Looks pretty bad minding that.

You're probably thinking of Sin Episodes: Emergence.

lashman

hey - would you be interested in doing a few co-op sessions with me and Frosty later on? (probably not today or tomorrow, though)

Vuze

Wow, I hoped the prohibitrun DE-tag of Dead Rising 3 was just a bad dream but I got up and it's still there. So pissed, I was very excited for the game... Ugh <_<

Welp, I guess if they won't resolve it until the September release I'll use an "alternate" way to play it. I won't go through the hassle and start a VPN every time I want to play and put my steam account at risk.

Seriously I didn't expect that outcome with the nova. Sky falls when you play with us though :D
It's not hard, it was too early for them to have bought armor, and I just aimed where their heads were gonna be as they came around the corner. Unless you mean later in the match when I was killing dudes at A with it, dunno how I pulled that off.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow, I hoped the prohibitrun DE-tag of Dead Rising 3 was just a bad dream but I got up and it's still there. So pissed, I was very excited for the game... Ugh <_<

Welp, I guess if they won't resolve it until the September release I'll use an "alternate" way to play it. I won't go through the hassle and start a VPN every time I want to play and put my steam account at risk.

Capcom's Steam Community guy is "[looking into it]".

Karak

There is no open world, there is no real loot. You pick a mission, get dropped into the level, kill stuff to get gold and unlock some souls/some weapons you'll be able to use after the mission ends and upgrade/unlock weapon/armor/skills with the gold you earn.

Honestly its is VERY much like the later Dreamcast Gauntlet games.

Vuze

I know, been following the thread. However I doubt he can do much about it if it was a decision of Capcpom.

Sounds kinda like those Baldur's Gate games on PS2 -- if it is, holy crap, sounds fun!

Those old-school NES Ninja Gaiden song remixes. Sooooooooo good

I know, right? Just another notch of awesome on Yaiba's belt.

I'll find out in 20 minutes or so, but that would be very nice indeed.

Good luck, mister!

aScaris

I have Super Meat Boy and Tiny Bang Story sitting in my gift inventory.

What do?

Super Meat Boy is (imho) one of the best precision platformers in existence. If you have not played it yet, you should add it to your library and start asap ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom