• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

That feel when you beat JaseC to a Steam news ;)

Enjoy SteamGAF! And please only enter if you're genuienly interested in the game. It's a new release and some peeps in here really anticipated the game.

i9aT3UR0ttfdT.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vuze, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mind: Path to Thalamus -- MB-83A805022459ACB0 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 70 entrants total.

t1407272442z1.png

Jawmuncher

Heheheh oh boy are you in for a lovely, stuttery, teary game. I had it on PS3 and it wasn't a very pleasant experience. I guess your kind of limited though huh.

Had only bought it since I figured it coming to PC was a cold chance in hell. Apparently hell must have dropped a few degrees when it was announced.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Attention, I would like to announce that I am in fact, a wizard. Just yesterday Yakkue asks me what my favorite RE game is, and I say REmake

and today its announced for PC. Coincidence or proof of my mystical powers?

Enjoy SteamGAF! And please only enter if you're genuienly interested in the game. It's a new release and some peeps in here really anticipated the game.
Amazing giveaway, game looks fantastic, gives me Myst vibes, love this kind of games.

Shadownet

Banned

Vuze, do you mind telling me what the gameplay for this is about? look gorgeous, but it seem the gameplay is a lot like Flowers. I don't think I've ever play any really abstract games before.

AkuMifune

Banned
If anyone wants a 50% OFF Zoom Player Steam Edition coupon PM me.

Usually I give my coupons to Trashbot, but this might be useful for someone.

Struggling through the Darks Souls 2 DLC on NG+. I knew I should have started something new before the DLC hit, but never got around to it. Now, pain!

Ventara

crisps?
ಠ_ಠ

I think those are chips, since they call french fries chips. Pretty weird, yeah.
:p

Attention, I would like to announce that I am in fact, a wizard. Just yesterday Yakkue asks me what my favorite RE game is, and I say REmake

I thought you were a demon overlord?

Oh, and what's your favourite Sexy Beach game?

Secret Ponchos is 40% off.

How is the game, anyone?

If you can find a match, it's pretty solid. 2 v 2... I only played with the "kid", but it was a good time for when I tried it out.

For games it works with, absolutely. GUI doesn't mess up with higher resolutions and it looks nice.

Dark Souls II at 4K and some GeDoSaTo settings enabled.

Love the character in that shot.

Finally jumping on killed is dead
on 360

Oh no, bro.
tumblr_m0q7s1rvqN1qjhwq1o1_400.gif

Games like this are meant to be 60fps and certainly should not be played at variable framerates that cannot even lock at 30fps.

Sendou

Do you not enjoy turn based combat and Vikings?

I do. What I don't like are some specific game design choices they made with that game. I have written about it before here but can't be bothered to dig it up. Maybe I'll write something more comprehensive later. I still want to return to the game at one point.

StAidan

The Holy Trinity of awesome Indie Games. :D

I still don't have Divinity, but I keep resisting on that one because I know how time consuming it'll be.

Transistor and Shovel Knight are both so golden I get excited just thinking about them. The game design in those titles is just outstanding.

I wish I could say the same about Banner Saga.

I've read all the criticisms, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to enjoy it regardless of its flaws :)

I need all of these in my life too. Next sale, they will be mine.

That's what I kept telling myself. Unfortunately, tfdispenser makes impulse buys far too easy.

some people are getting realllllllll upset over some old ass halo games coming to the PC, like halo games on the PC is some back-breaking shit for MS or something

Dr Dogg

Had only bought it since I figured it coming to PC was a cold chance in hell. Apparently hell must have dropped a few degrees when it was announced.

Well it was a complete oddity that it showed up but seeing as Koch/Deep Silver had the publishing rights for PAL regions and we all know how they love to put anything on PC it wasn't that far removed in the end. Saying that they also published Catherine over here too. Hmmmm?

All right then Merlin let's test your powers. What's your favourite dead Konami franchise? They've been toying with PC for a while so who knows what might come of it.

some people are getting realllllllll upset over some old ass halo games coming to the PC, like halo games on the PC is some back-breaking shit for MS or something

I'm a bit more peeved that ODST or Reach aren't getting the love they should. I guess they don't exactly fit in with the theme of the "Master Chief" Collection.

Copons

Got some scars, but I'm back. :)

HELL YEAH

Scars are totally badass, so not only you're back, but you're ACTUALLY IMPROVED!

also I'm sincerely happy, as I got all of your misadventures only yesterday - as in, too late - so I was kinda omfg, and then kinda omfg again, until now, that's totally hell yeah!

Talking about scars and badassery, I've just completed EXPENDABROS (inevitable caps lock)

header_292x136.jpg

For everyone: it's worth your download time.

It's worth for all of us Broforce fans, as it's a completely new adventure (a dozen levels, with bosses, minibosses, pigs, runs, and a proper plot with cutscenes and all that), featuring ONLY Expendables characters - which are 7 new bros with new skills and new special skills.

And it's worth for everyone who's undecided if buying Broforce or not, as this is a pretty good demo of the game (
but I guess the actual demo too was good enough :D
), with even some things NOT currently featured in the actual game.

Anyway, it lasts less than an hour, depending how much you suck at Broforce (I suck plenty, and it took me 55 minutes), so really you should play it.

Shadownet

Banned
I do. What I don't like are some specific game design choices they made with that game. I have written about it before here but can't be bothered to dig it up. Maybe I'll write something more comprehensive later. I still want to return to the game at one point.

I havent gotten that far into the game, but since it look like you have. I won't argue with your point of view :p I should finish that game sometimes. I do notice that you're not the only one who had some issues with that game.

I still don't have Divinity, but I keep resisting on that one because I know how time consuming it'll be.
I don't consider divinity to be an indie game, it's a big title that got Kickstarted. But yeah Original Sin will take up all of your time :p i had to will myself to stop.
--------------------
@ Copons. I miss you my dear friend, i'm sorry you were gone on my birthday. I gave away a lot of stuff. But don't worry. :) I'll make sure i'll be around for the next one to do something special. I hope you enjoyed your summer vacation though!

Tizoc

Here's some games :) It's still in beta but I'm enjoying it a lot. As far as I can tell, you only build stuff, no killing monsters or anything like that. This is the base game. (message me if you win, I'll gift you the game personally on Steam. Doing it the easy way)

Oh I like building games, but dislike their combat aspect, will enter~

What else do x360/xbone owners have to hold on to as their cherished flagship exclusives if the halo games start appearing on PC? ;)

BROTACULAR BRONESS

Ok, you've done it now. I think I'll blow through EXPENDABROS right now, and I'll even stream it.

www.twitch.tv/corrosivefrost

Vuze

Vuze, do you mind telling me what the gameplay for this is about? look gorgeous, but it seem the gameplay is a lot like Flowers. I don't think I've ever play any really abstract games before.
Well, it certainly isn't for everyone. It's a very slow-paced game consisting of increasingly difficult puzzles which take place in large areas. So you will spend most of the time running around trying to solve these. What really stood out to me was the great, tense atmosphere and the psychdelic style in general. The story and how it is presented is also very nice. It really was a trippy experience, that's for sure. Can't wait for the Oculus Rift support, I bet this game will be even more mindblowing in VR!

Tempting...

...but I'll pass.

Enter... you know you want it ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Whoever has IGN Prime membership, you can get The Walking Dead: Season 2 with all episodes at Steam for free.
http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/walkingdead-2-prime

Thanks for the heads up. Since I already have this game (and have been enjoying it thus far) I hope someone enjoys this:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Walking Dead Season 2 -- MB-50660A63B2DBC26A - Taken by mannerbot. 72 entrants total.

t1407273222z1.png

Jawmuncher

Well it was a complete oddity that it showed up but seeing as Koch/Deep Silver had the publishing rights for PAL regions and we all know how they love to put anything on PC it wasn't that far removed in the end. Saying that they also published Catherine over here too. Hmmmm?

That would be a perfect title to have on PC.
Especially with cards and backgrounds.

I

Oh no, bro.
tumblr_m0q7s1rvqN1qjhwq1o1_400.gif

Games like this are meant to be 60fps and certainly should not be played at variable framerates that cannot even lock at 30fps.

I know. Ill end up double dipping on KiD in the near future. I enjoyed NMH on Wii and PS3 despite the issues. Though granted that's the only way to play it.

Shadownet

Banned
Well, it certainly isn't for everyone. It's a very slow-paced game consisting of increasingly difficult puzzles which take place in large areas. So you will spend most of the time running around trying to solve these. What really stood out to me was the great, tense atmosphere and the psychdelic style in general.

I like puzzle games. Sounds like something I might like, but I won't enter this one. I got too much of a backlog but I'll be keeping an eye on this. Thank you for the impression ^__^ I'm always open to new games with something I haven't experience before.

I thought the old Halo games were already on PC?

I think only Halo Combat Evolved was on PC. But if the Master Chief Collection is coming to PC. I'm going to scream like a litle school girl.

Gears and (to a lesser extent) Forza.

Gears died with 3 -- most people seemed to have a poor reception to Judgement (non-epic).

At this point, I think I'm personally tired of the series... I'd be interested if a new one was made and received rave reviews -- but only if it came to PC.

But still... Halo = MS... that's definitely the flagship.
Remember when Final Fantasy 13 came out as multiplatform and the Sony fanboys shit bricks and raged like Hulk? :lol

Tizoc

Thanks for the heads up. Since I already have this game (and have been enjoying it thus far) I hope someone enjoys this:

Entering the giveaway despite wanting to play it on PS3 :p
One question though, regardless of your choices at the end of Season 1
do you always start Season 2 with Omid?

Phinor

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4972

Can't make a new thread, but it's good to hear the XCOM Board Game is official. Figured there'd be a few XCOM fans here interested.

Instantly one of my most anticipated games of the year. And it's from FFG so that means I can actually buy it pretty cheap because online book stores are stocking it (it has ISBN number etc.)

Board game availability/pricing is often pretty big issue in Europe but FFG games have always had great availability and pricing. I wish we had something comparable to Coolstuffinc in Europe but no such luck.

NotSelf

so, for anyone wondering, the Bad Rats stream was a complete success.

i did the first 10 then couldn't handle it after that. But honestly, i enjoyed my experience, with all the wonky physics and cat deaths.

I give bad rats 3 Cat skulls out of 5

I watched some of the stream in horror you did pretty good I remember only making it to two levels in the demo.

I like puzzle games. Sounds like something I might like, but I won't enter this one. I got too much of a backlog but I'll be keeping an eye on this. Thank you for the impression ^__^ I'm always open to new games with something I haven't experience before.

I think only Halo Combat Evolved was on PC. But if the Master Chief Collection is coming to PC. I'm going to scream like a litle school girl.

Halo 2 is on PC but was Vista exclusive and tried to put GFWL + online multiplayer paywall on PC.

Shadownet

Banned

I'm entering for this. since it's TellTale

Gears died with 3 -- most people seemed to have a poor reception to Judgement (non-epic).

At this point, I think I'm personally tired of the series... I'd be interested if a new one was made and received rave reviews -- but only if it came to PC.

Remember when Final Fantasy 13 came out as multiplatform and the Sony fanboys shit bricks and raged like Hulk? :lol

I agree with Gears died with 3. Same thing after Halo 3. ODST was good but you could tell that Bungie's heart wasn't truly in it.

Salsa

wake up to Halo PC amazon listing, REmake for PC, and no PC port for Ass Creed Rogue to satisfy my Jase tears craving

good day

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yes, but you asked what else would stand as the Xbox's flagship franchise if Halo were to go multiplatform (again) -- it'd be Gears because despite the tepid reception to Judgement, it's still the Xbox's second-biggest IP, with Forza in a tow.

I remember Kagari being red in the face. ;) (Not my image, just to be clear.)

wake up to Halo PC amazon listing, REmake for PC, and no PC port for Ass Creed Rogue to satisfy my Jase tears craving

good day

Forget no PC version of Rogue (for now), I'm still depressed over Saoirse not being a fan of Vegemite. :( Vegemite is awesome and tiger toast the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom