• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm entering for this. since it's TellTale

I agree with Gears died with 3. Same thing after Halo 3. ODST was good but you could tell that Bungie's heart wasn't truly in it.

A lot of people like Reach, I think.
I dunno, I played through both Reach and 3... and I just came to the conclusion that I do NOT like Halo.

As for Gears, now that CliffyB is gone, it's no longer an "Epic" title and MS can most likely have anyone on the planet develop it for them, and based off how bad the reviews/sentiments of Judgement were (c'mon, People Can Fly, Bulletstorm was amazing... was Judgement bad because you were constrained by Epic and the IP, or because you were afraid of taking the risks you thought were mistakes with Bulletstorm?) there's no way I care about the series anymore... sort of like what happened for me with Killzone as well... that move to PS4 and whatever they did to the franchise just do not sit well.

Yrael

Well, it certainly isn't for everyone. It's a very slow-paced game consisting of increasingly difficult puzzles which take place in large areas. So you will spend most of the time running around trying to solve these. What really stood out to me was the great, tense atmosphere and the psychdelic style in general. The story and how it is presented is also very nice. It really was a trippy experience, that's for sure. Can't wait for the Oculus Rift support, I bet this game will be even more mindblowing in VR!

Enter... you know you want it ;)

It looks gorgeous...it seems like an enjoyable game too. I like slower paced games that are not only intellectually challenging, but also allow you to soak in the atmosphere and truly appreciate gaming as a visual medium.

Aw yay! Sub-Zero is back :D I missed him!

For those of you who want to know about what happened.
so they managed to reduced a lot of the bruising and blood from my brain, the rest will go away in time. They also took out the piece of rib and put in some sort of filling for where the missing piece is, and put a reinforced plate around it. They fixed my knee, I'll be on crutches for a while then I should be fine after that, just gotta gibe it time to heal.

They want to put me on some drug for the cancer after I finish healing in a month or two. I should be going in and out of the hospital for regular check-ups.

Sounds like the worst part is behind you, hang in there.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Don't want this game, but I have an indie gala account, so I figure I'd give it away to someone who wants it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Frozen Hearth -- MB-7825811F4739EDCD - Taken by SalsaShark

Salsa

Ubi never announces PC ports, they just kick them out the door half a year later like an unwanted dog.

im guessing in this case we'll get a PC version of Rogue when they inevitably announce the PS4/XBone versions, so probably a 6+ month wait

bronson

I'll bet that AC Rogue comes to PC eventually, maybe in line with a PS4/X1 "Definitive Edition." In the meantime, it just doesn't make sense to release two AC games at the same time for the same platform.

EDIT: Beaten so bad

Glad you are doing better Shadow! Hoping everything goes well for you!

also Rhaknar, did Blackbay Asylum continue getting worse? I missed reading the thread for a couple of days cause of going to some football games and then being ill :/

Copons

@ Copons. I miss you my dear friend, i'm sorry you were gone on my birthday. I gave away a lot of stuff. But don't worry. :) I'll make sure i'll be around for the next one to do something special. I hope you enjoyed your summer vacation though!

I was actually here on your birthday... :p

even tho I was kinda overwhelmed by RL stuff-- but I should have at least said happy birthday here, anyway! :D

Mono

[GIFTING INTENSIFIES]

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-3F0FCBE380521C98 - Taken by Xclash. 135 entrants total.

t1407349602z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Welcome back shadow. Modern medicine is amazeballs.
it really is. I shouldn't have any scars remaining if I give it time)
A lot of people like Reach, I think.
I dunno, I played through both Reach and 3... and I just came to the conclusion that I do NOT like Halo.

As for Gears, now that CliffyB is gone, it's no longer an "Epic" title and MS can most likely have anyone on the planet develop it for them, and based off how bad the reviews/sentiments of Judgement were (c'mon, People Can Fly, Bulletstorm was amazing... was Judgement bad because you were constrained by Epic and the IP, or because you were afraid of taking the risks you thought were mistakes with Bulletstorm?) there's no way I care about the series anymore... sort of like what happened for me with Killzone as well... that move to PS4 and whatever they did to the franchise just do not sit well.

People did like Reach, but for me the last great one was 3. I didn't even play Judgement. 3 was pretty good. But 2 is still my favorite.

I never played any of the earlier Killzone so I can't compare it will Killzone Shadowfall, though I did enjoy Shadowfall a lot.

Salsa

so apparently there's a ton of new pre-orders up with cheap alternatives huh

im gonna try to be smart and not get anything. what I want most is dead rising 3 anyway and already got that. just read I got upgraded to a version with all DLC too. nice

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Glad you are doing better Shadow! Hoping everything goes well for you!

also Rhaknar, did Blackbay Asylum continue getting worse? I missed reading the thread for a couple of days cause of going to some football games and then being ill :/

if by worse you mean keeps being amazing, yes

bakeray

So has new info about the Master Chief Collection coming to PC came out? Or are people just basing all this on the Amazon UK listing?

There are still people that don't have D:OS?
I figured every one of us would have bought it by now.

(Great giveaway.)

haha @ when i quoted you.

I've avoided it because it's so damn long. The shortest i think ive heard about someone finishing it is around 45-50 hours and i'd rather finish 3-4 games with that time than invest it in D:OS.

One day, D:OS, i'll have time for you.

Salsa

in other news of my absent time I might move to Miami in like a year or two apparently..

is steam gaf there or am I moving to another barren land

how crazy would it be that i'd actually move to the place where my 3DS address is set to to avoid taxes

rtcn63

in other news of my absent time I might move to Miami in like a year or two apparently..

is steam gaf there or am I moving to another barren land

how crazy would it be that i'd actually move to the place where my 3DS adress is set to to avoid taxes

My family might be moving to Georgia in a few months to a year, we can join up and partake in ritualistic orgies and stuff.

Shadownet

Banned
So has new info about the Master Chief Collection coming to PC came out? Or are people just basing all this on the Amazon UK listing?

I think its just the amazon listing right now. nothing concrete. But JaseC is pretty damn sure it's coming. and I trust JaseC.

hot girls in Miami. so it's not all bad :) good luck with the moving though. I know how stressful that can be!

My family might be moving to Georgia in a few months to a year, we can join up and partake in ritualistic orgies and stuff.

Some
Bible Black
stuff eh?

Here's some extras for the taking:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
99 Spirits (Desura) -- MB-7A9D99084656488A - Taken by Jason Frost
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-35688CEC549A061C

t1407264762z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom