• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact we have exclusives to begin with is stupid, but the fact people live and die by them is just staggering.

Exclusives mean less people get to play games, who gives a flying fuck what the platform is....

I'd be curious to know how many exclusives LITERALLY drove someone to buy a new console.

I'm okay with exclusives that had to be funded by platform holders to even exist. Yes it can suck if that exclusive is on a platform you never have to desire to buy but then I always tell me if it didn't end up get funded at all then I wouldn't be able to play it either way.
But if we talk about games which would have logically went mutliplatform if no one paid for it to stay exclusive, that's what I can't freaking stand.

Don't you mean you'll bro through it?

Please don't kill me.

Nice one. I'm going to do that stream in a minute -- got side tracked checking out Sacred 3.

In celebration of Shadownet's return let's try something new :)

That's right I will gift the winner his top wishlisted game or whatever game he wishes for. From Galactic Civilizations III to Bad Rats. Price doesn't matter. Some extra rules

-I will not buy any software or ridiculously priced stuff (Train Simulator DLCs for example)
-I will not buy any removed games that require searching for copies on trading sites
-If you want a game that doesn't have a store page yet (GTA V,Evil Within etc), it's ok. I will gift it to you the moment it's available on Steam

Don't be afraid to ask for something that may be expensive. Just be sure that it is something you really want and plan to play. There is a reason I'm doing the giveaway this way

Amazing.
I'm in -- with the hopes that if I win, your gift will be my 2000th game. :3

Lomax

That's right I will gift the winner his top wishlisted game or whatever game he wishes for. From Galactic Civilizations III to Bad Rats. Price doesn't matter. Some extra rules

-I will not buy any software or ridiculously priced stuff (Train Simulator DLCs for example)
-I will not buy any removed games that require searching for copies on trading sites
-If you want a game that doesn't have a store page yet (GTA V,Evil Within etc), it's ok. I will gift it to you the moment it's available on Steam

Don't be afraid to ask for something that may be expensive. Just be sure that it is something you really want and plan to play. There is a reason I'm doing the giveaway this way

Best giveaway ever? Best giveaway ever.

Enter yourself, win, and buy yourself Bad Rats. The universe would collapse.

Vuze

X1ilQX6.gif

You're too generous.
didya read the rules brah
feels gud to be a gangster

Shadownet

Banned
It's not much. But enjoy :) It's a groupee code. So I hope the winner know how to redeem it. Cause I don't :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

100% Orange Juice and Lili Child of Geos -- MB-9C621418A6222B08 - Taken by Scipius

I see so many naggers in the Resident Evil HD thread. Do people in the other thread expect REmake to be another remaster of a remaster or is it just Ninty fans being salty of getting deprived of another exclusive?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Best giveaway ever? Best giveaway ever.

Enter yourself, win, and buy yourself Bad Rats. The universe would collapse.

I am entering myself and if I win this time, I'm not regifting anything :p

My account is already infected with the Rat disease :(

Totally unrelated to Sub Zero's give away.

How do you know if you are eligible for 'mega givers'? "my loot" from ModBot returns something like "X eligible for 'givers only' rules". Does that mean X > 25 eligible for mega?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Totally unrelated to Sub Zero's give away.

How do you know if you are eligible for 'mega givers'? "my loot" from ModBot returns something like "X eligible for 'givers only' rules". Does that mean X > 25 eligible for mega?

The number needs to be 25 or higher, yes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, bigger than fistfulofmetal's Natalie Portman folder?

Impressive

Oh how I wish I actually had 500TB of space. :( I've been putting off purchasing a new 3TB drive for ages and recently begun to brush up against the point where I'll need to start deleting things I actually want to keep.

Tizoc

Entered for the chance to get Far Cry 4 aka Elephant Rider Simulator.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Memories of a Vagabond apparently has cards now, never noticed them before. I don't think it was posted in last month's final thread, either.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I am entering myself and if I win this time, I'm not regifting anything :p

My account is already infected with the Rat disease :(

so if you enter yourself and win, you can buy whatever game you want

...so basically it will be a regular wednesday >_>

NotSelf

Dat Sub giveaway nice man:)

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-45EDCA8E266C31BD - Taken by nightstorm

Sendou

If I win big in lottery I'll promise to make a giveaway where I buy the winner all the games and programs available for purchase on Steam.

So here goes nothing! Wish me luck.

abracadaver

I just got an email that someone tried to get info about my account by looking at a cd key that I used or something like that ?! He somehow searched which account activated a cd key. What is going on ?

xeris

So is there any bundle that I missed between yesterday and today?

oh and who's here play Final Fantasy 14 a lot? I think now that I'm back. I'm going to cave and buy it.

Dunno if I qualify as playing "a lot" since my main is only 44. On the other hand, he has another class at 30 and several lower level classes. So given all that, as far as I've played is quite fun. It's probably one of the prettier MMOs out there right now if you like that kind of art.

The biggest problem, and the reason most of my friends stopped playing, is there can be a ton of down time due to travel if you do nothing but follow the main quest line. The game seems to assume that you'll do one or two story quests in an area then do a bunch of side quests or levemets before you move on. That's mostly what I did, so the travel time didn't seem so bad. On the other hand, I found the dungeons I've done fun and quick. I mostly did pugs and had maybe two or three bad groups out of dozens.

The other complaint is that it doesn't follow the action-oriented trend in MMOs. This means that some find the combat slow paced. I actually kinda enjoyed that, but I can understand the complaint.

Ozium

they just sent me a random code not Steam keys soooo :p this is my first time using Groupees so I'm sure I did something wrong lol But the code I put in modbot should still work.

did you go to your profile page? I hope you didnt put an account link into the modbots..
I don't remember being sent anything from groupees it just shows up under my profile.

Shadownet

Banned
So Final Fantasy 14 has a free 14 days trial right now. If you decide to upgrade it to the full game. Do you have to redownload the client? If thats the case I might just skip out on the trial and go buy the full game. I don't wanna waste bandwidth.

Also, Does anyone know where I can buy subscription cards? I heard you can buy 160 days for like $12.99 each. Which is the best deal.

xeris

did you go to your profile page? I hope you didnt put an account link into the modbots..
I don't remember being sent anything from groupees it just shows up under my profile.

Not sure if this is it since I used the direct code for my giveaway, but I noticed that there was some sort of complication if you hit the make it a gift button. I didn't follow it all the way through, but it seemed like that gave you a different code if you did it that way.

Shadownet

Banned

When i bought the game, I put it as send it as a gift and then I put in my email address. I got an email from Groupees with like a code in it. I'm assuming you enter that code in Groupees to redeem your games. thats the code I put into modbot. So hopefully the winner knows how to redeem it.

Seems like it's good news Tuesday. Remake coming to PC, shadownet returns (like the Batman sequel) , and an amazing giveaway from subzero.

If only the last giveaway I won wasn't a duplicate key, I'd be enjoying shooting hitler in the balls too.

xeris

So Final Fantasy 14 has a free 14 days trial right now. If you decide to upgrade it to the full game. Do you have to redownload the client? If thats the case I might just skip out on the trial and go buy the full game. I don't wanna waste bandwidth.

Also, Does anyone know where I can buy subscription cards? I heard you can buy 160 days for like $12.99 each. Which is the best deal.

It should be the exact same client. Most MMO trials don't gate content now, just time/levels. The other thing I didn't think to mention is that the subscription rate changes based on the number of characters you have. One per server up to eight servers is, I think, 12 bucks a month. Up to 8 on a server and 40 total across servers is $15. Something to keep in mind when looking for sub deals.

Ozium

grab it if you want it for cards

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Ballpoint Universe -- MB-F7028EDC93FD9DEC - Taken by ModBot

When i bought the game, I put it as send it as a gift and then I put in my email address. I got an email from Groupees with like a code in it. I'm assuming you enter that code in Groupees to redeem your games. thats the code I put into modbot. So hopefully the winner knows how to redeem it.

ahh I've never used the gift thing (they recently added it, along w/ activate on steam buttons..) Just making sure lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom