• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
there was no game update so that's why I hadnt checked

apparently since it was after the "connecting now" it was an issue with their servers? the game requires an internet connection?

also who won your giveaway

was it me

Enco did. And he's been playing games!

Shadownet

Banned
That's just sad really. I do hope the Master Chief Collection is coming go PC. More people need to experience it. And the amount of customization you can do with Halo 3 would be amazing.

Maybe I can finally convince my best friend not to buy an Bone for the collection if its coming to PC.

On another note. I always thought its kinda weird that Microsoft does not have a handheld device like Sony and Nintendo does.
------
Yo! Also if you buy it through steam you can pay for game time with money from your steam wallet. It's saved me the hassle of finding game time cards.

But the Steam one isn't on sale :( I found a website that is selling it $20 right now instead of $30.

If I buy the base game whether its on steam or not. I shouldn't have to download like 20 GBs of client again right? Since the trial and the full game uses the same client.

Hanzou

Just finished Blackwell Legacy after I bought it during the sale due to the recommendations in the sale thread. What a great little game I experienced during the last two evenings :) Really liked the characters and the voiceacting, but it was a shame that it was that short.. But hey, there are still some more Blackwell games in the bundle :D I hope they kept up the quality and maybe made the sequels a little longer :)

Anyways, thanks SteamGAF for pointing me towards a game I had never heard of and would have missed, but enjoyed a great deal of! :)
I also recently finished it but got stuck a couple times because boy do I suck at adventure games. It was very short like you said. Looking forward to the rest of the series and I need to play Gemini rue which I have owned for years.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Shadownet, yeay!

in other news of my absent time I might move to Miami in like a year or two apparently..

is steam gaf there or am I moving to another barren land

how crazy would it be that i'd actually move to the place where my 3DS address is set to to avoid taxes

MIAMI DISCO
8nZ92wMGMorLmb9NhS5OsNySzvyCOLTsHOHLFAVqSQVQSNkAfGF7Xbnt9Q8idmBjyBw=w300

Just finished Blackwell Legacy after I bought it during the sale due to the recommendations in the sale thread. What a great little game I experienced during the last two evenings :) Really liked the characters and the voiceacting, but it was a shame that it was that short.. But hey, there are still some more Blackwell games in the bundle :D I hope they kept up the quality and maybe made the sequels a little longer :)

As a point-and-click fan I'll tell you:

The second game is slightly worse than the first, and it's slightly shorter. But maybe I just felt that way because they changed protagonists. I liked Rosa instead.

The third game is slightly better than the first, and it's about as long as the first. They start really hitting their stride here both in story pacing and voice acting quality. You even get to see Rosa mature a little more.

The fourth game is awesome, and it's about twice as long as the first game. Shit starts getting real, it feels like the stakes are higher, you get better antagonists, plus the same great puzzles you've come to expect.

I haven't played the fifth game yet but it's on my wishlist. I've heard it's good but I've tried to keep a blackout on it.

Salsa

So the fix is that you have to be online to play\start the game? Pft.

it got me wondering about how the game functions cause honestly that "connecting now" loading screen always shows up and ive never played the game offline

I knew there were some online capabilities since it has cloud saves and compares your decisions to other players so I guess it's tracking you the whole time? can you play em offline?

im guessing you can, but in this particular instance you need to be online to solve the issue, or something

steam didnt download anything extra for the game

But the Steam one isn't on sale :( I found a website that is selling it $20 right now instead of $30.

If I buy the base game whether its on steam or not. I shouldn't have to download like 20 GBs of client again right? Since the trial and the full game uses the same client.
Dunno, I would think that for a non-steam version you would just need the code it gives you and you could just reuse that in the client you already downloaded. Not sure about crossing over.

If you wanna go get it on the cheap then yeah, go for it. Play the trial first though.

Shadownet

Banned
Was there ever a more customizable multiplayer on consoles, or in vanilla versions?

No. I mean the amount of customization you can do in Halo 3 is limited to the stuff that was provided to you in Forge mode.

But just as people are excited for GTA 5 on PC cause of all the modding and customization you can do.

I figured it might be the same with Halo 3. If Microsoft allow modding in Forge mode.

Ozium

I'm confused bout the AC thing.. There is Unity coming to PS4/Bone and then Rogue coming to PS3/360.. I thought there was another one that is going to be on PS3/360 but was called something different. Did it just get its name changed or is there really 3 ass crud games coming out soon?

Ubi stahp

JaseC

I'm confused bout the AC thing.. There is Unity coming to PS4/Bone and then Rogue coming to PS3/360.. I thought there was another one that is going to be on PS3/360 but was called something different. Did it just get its name changed or is there really 3 ass crud games coming out soon?

Ubi stahp

AssCreed Comet was the internal name for Rogue.

Shadownet

Banned
Dunno, I would think that for a non-steam version you would just need the code it gives you and you could just reuse that in the client you already downloaded. Not sure about crossing over.

If you wanna go get it on the cheap then yeah, go for it. Play the trial first though.

If I can find a guy selling the base game for $20 or less with TF2 keys then I'll snatch if up :p rather have a steam version anyway. But since this game doesn't have trading cards or cheevos. Its not a deal breaker. I like that having the steam version mean you'll be able to pay the sub in steam wallet money too.

Pachimari

Do I need to install any patches if I want to play Assassin's Creed 1 on my PC?

Controls seems weird with the Xbox 360 controller.

jblank83

Both games look quite good :) I will keep an eye open and when they go on sale I might bite. 8€/10€ is a little too expensive for me for this kind of games and I sill have some more Blackwell to play! :D

They're on sale every Steam sale. Just keep an eye out.

aScaris

As a point-and-click fan I'll tell you:

The second game is slightly worse than the first, and it's slightly shorter. But maybe I just felt that way because they changed protagonists. I liked Rosa instead.

The third game is slightly better than the first, and it's about as long as the first. They start really hitting their stride here both in story pacing and voice acting quality. You even get to see Rosa mature a little more.

The fourth game is awesome, and it's about twice as long as the first game. Shit starts getting real, it feels like the stakes are higher, you get better antagonists, plus the same great puzzles you've come to expect.

I haven't played the fifth game yet but it's on my wishlist. I've heard it's good but I've tried to keep a blackout on it.

Sad to hear they dropped Rosa :( Well, maye the new protagonist is nice too and going by your description I'm really looking forward to the later games :D

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
No. I mean the amount of customization you can do in Halo 3 is limited to the stuff that was provided to you in Forge mode.

But just as people are excited for GTA 5 on PC cause of all the modding and customization you can do.

I figured it might be the same with Halo 3. If Microsoft allow modding in Forge mode.

Halo Custom Edition has tons of great mods, so hopefully Halo MCC will too if/when it comes to PC. And imagine playing through nodded Campaign levels with friends.

In other news. I got my first Booster Pack!.... for Woodle Tree Adventures.
Weird though, as I thought these drop occasionally instead of normal cards. But it just came out of the blue.

What do I do with this now? Sell it? Open it? Save it?

Also, I am sure Durante is reading this. Please accept friend request, I may have something of your interest.

iosefe

halo 3 would be great on pc. I've seen what good the modding community did to Halo 1 with the Custom Edition. it was godly.

Phinor

I thought this was kind of cool (Colin McRae Rally):

That's pretty nice of them but to be fair, the game isn't even bad. Somehow I feel like people were expecting the second coming of Jesus for $7. Much better than the recent WRC games (for better stages alone) for a fraction of the price. But we mustn't enjoy games that are ported from mobile even if they are perfectly playable.

That being said, why bother with this crap when Richard Burns Rally exists and hasn't had ANY contenders in 10+ years.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Weird though, as I thought these drops occasionally instead of normal cards. But it just came out of the blue.

If you want to craft badges for the game, open it up of course and be closer to doing so. Either with the cards you need or ones to trade for in the Steam Community or the trade thread here on GAF.

If you wish to sell them. I say look at the average price for three cards, if added together is less than what the Booster Pack goes for at it's lowest average, just sell the booster pack.

yuraya

Do not, under any circumstances, wander into the Halo Collection PC thread.

You have been warned.

Frst two posts I saw:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=124124267

Isn't it crazy how people are saying MCC is so big for that console and without it being exclusive makes it practically a dead console lol. And its not even a new game. Its 4 games that have been released years ago and milked to death already. That mentality is just sad smh. If its really that bad for the xbox MS should just pull the plug on it instead of letting it suffer.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Weird though, as I thought these drop occasionally instead of normal cards. But it just came out of the blue.

Live life on the edge™ and open it.

Porcupine

If you want to craft badges for the game, open it up of course and be closer to doing so. Either with the cards you need or ones to trade for in the Steam Community or the trade thread here on GAF.

If you wish to sell them. I say look at the average price for three cards, if added together is less than what the Booster Pack goes for at it's lowest average, just sell the booster pack.

But there could be a foil in it, so you never know :D

Vuze

Gotta go fast! And sorry for the confusion Ozium :D

Enjoy SteamGAF! And please only enter if you're genuienly interested in the game. It's a new release and some peeps in here really anticipated the game.

i5nyVWUbJsxRQ.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vuze, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mind: Path to Thalamus -- MB-83A805022459ACB0 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 70 entrants total.

t1407272442z1.png

Deitus

No, they don't drop instead of cards. When you have all of the card drops for a given game, you are eligible to receive a booster pack for that game.

Then, whenever someone crafts a badge for that game, you have a random chance to earn a booster pack (your chance is increased based on your steam level). But since you have no way of knowing when people are crafting badges, from your perspective it's always out of the blue.

It's also another reason why it's a good idea to idle sooner rather than later, so you are eligible for more booster packs.

I bought the Pixel Boy game that's in the weekly sale and I wish I hadn't. The trailer made it look like a fast and exciting dungeon crawler with roguelike elements, but it's super slow and dull. I'm really confused why it has so many positive reviews on Steam. Played it for an hour and uninstalled.

This review is spot on.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072066077/recommended/263080/

tl,dr don't buy it. If you're interested, wait for a bundle

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
That's pretty nice of them but to be fair, the game isn't even bad. Somehow I feel like people were expecting the second coming of Jesus for $7. Much better than the recent WRC games (for better stages alone) for a fraction of the price. But we mustn't enjoy games that are ported from mobile even if they are perfectly playable.

That being said, why bother with this crap when Richard Burns Rally exists and hasn't had ANY contenders in 10+ years.

Physics are all kinds of fucked in the game. There would be random times when I go at a jump at 20 mph and landing would have me do barrel rolls or worst. Only four cars to use and the only ones that are worth using is the Ford Focus and the last one you unlock which takes way too long. The game gets really boring really quickly as they will force you to race the same sets over and over again. As you progress through the various series, you get less repair points which make restarting races after a few mistakes. I got the game for .99c on the iPad and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Scipius

Courtesy of Shadownet's giveaway earlier, here's the Desura key for 100% Orange Juice:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-8AA2ACFE2CD61FD0 - Taken by Jason Frost

t1407283422z1.png

JaseC

Muxwell (developer of Earth: Year 2066) finally got back to me earlier and unsurprisingly Valve cut all ties with him after the... Early Access incident a little while ago. I was expecting that to be the case, but part of me was still hoping I'd be able to get the game for a reasonable price. A fellow game collector in my friends list has a spare, so I've asked him how much he'd like for it. I'm not going to like the answer, I imagine.

tumblr_inline_ml0s8laf9o02.gif

earth206622dfs.jpg

Turfster

Angry young Batman is very young and very angry.
He also seems to hiding two turkeys in his pant pockets.
Either that, or he has Chun Li thighs.

JaseC

yes ... yes, you are .... Jase, I think you might have a problem ;)

The trader was actually surprisingly reasonable. He wanted a copy of CoD: Ghosts' DDE, which is no longer available on the store, and I managed to find a single copy on Dispenser that was listed at 32 keys, all of which I bought through Sub-Zero for $60.80, which is only three times what I would have paid if I'd bought a key through the dev. It was meant to be!

Can you still refund pre-purchased games from the account page?

Yes. Remember, though, that the refund is supplied in Steam Wallet credit; if you want the money refunded to your CC/DC or PayPal account then you still need to contact Valve.

The trader was actually surprisingly reasonable. He wanted a copy of CoD: Ghosts' DDE, which is no longer available on the store, and I managed to find a single copy on Dispenser that was listed at 32 keys, all of which I bought through Sub-Zero for $60.80, which is only three times what I would have paid if I'd bought a key through the dev. It was meant to be!

Yes.

....while I think you are insane, I can't help but admire you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom