• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Ok I'm back to Killer is Dead and I'm confused.

Mission 4 is the date.
I also see mission 51? What happened to mission 5?

edit: never mind found mission 4. The menu sucks

51 is a reference to Suda 51, one of the main people in Grasshopper Manufacture and who worked on this game.
Episode/Mission 51 takes place after Mission 5 (5.1), and is another reference to Suda.

Enco

51 is a reference to Suda 51, one of the main people in Grasshopper Manufacture and who worked on this game.
Episode/Mission 51 takes place after Mission 5 (5.1), and is another reference to Suda.
Ah ok.

:lol at these mission stories. Pretty fun.

Not sure if I'm liking the art style though. Makes some things way too hard to see.

Had to do it, heard too many good things to not pick this game up, got it for 4 keys on TF2 outpost so I feel like I got a pretty good deal.

RZohhgN.png

EDIT:
So how is this ArcheAge game?
I see it on the top sellers list but I have no idea about it.

It's a pretty great open world MMO with a lot of really cool stuff in it, home building, ship sailing, true open worldness, but the beta I played a few days ago had some serious over crowding issues, and I think even if you buy it on Steam now you have to wait until the next beta event to play.

Ozium

This looks like a fun game.. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stick it to the Man! -- MB-504D126606BE1C80 - Taken by Knurek. 17 entrants total.

t1407287142z1.png

Also Ballpoint Universe is up for grabs as a garbage dump if anyone wants it:

Ballpoint Universe -- MB-F7028EDC93FD9DEC

Monooboe

Hmh was thinking about crafting some badges until I realized that maybe I better just save them all till the Winter Sale, Right? Never seen any good coupon come out of badge crafting. Too far also to 50 so no benefit to level up now.

Speaking of Winter Sale... I don't want winter to come!T_T

Alright. Thanks Volimar and Mono for your input. Bought Oblivion.
Was on the edge since I heard many not liking it compared to Morrowind and Skyrim.

I played Morrowind all the way to the end and kinda sorta enjoyed it. Some things it did better than the other games and some I'm glad they changed up. I played Skyrim all the way to the end and had more fun with it, although the ending was anti-climactic. I couldn't get into Oblivion at all. I got through a couple of cities, fought some demons in a gate, and just felt like I was making no progress whatsoever. That and all kinds of things made no sense to me - like how to improve your reputation with people. And the faces...my god.

But that's just me. I'd say S > M > O. But hey, YMMV and maybe you'll like Oblivion better.

ArjanN

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207040/
i start playing Sine Mora to get some easy achievements
oh, i was soo naive , soo wrong

i finished the game it self 3 hours ( main game only )
and only got 2 achievements
where the rest ?
i thought i will get an achievement for beating the game , it was super hard
it appear the achievements in this game is another story
for example "Nascentes Morimur" the description says :"Promoted to Airman"
WTF is that mean ?
after some googling i found this

oh , is this what the achievements in this game is about ?

788d7237ecca60d8d235cb352eab832f472264065a048fcd24adc834f0ca82f0.jpg

will,in the game i already done all this and didn't get any thing
what they mean by "Empty 3 full capsules" ?

do i have to so all this in this particular order ?

Uh...It lists the requirements for each achievement inside the game, including counters that tell you how much you've already completed.

Also, were you really expecting easy achievements in a shmup? You know, pretty much the most punishing game genre in existence?

"Nascentes Morimur" is latin by the way, for "From the moment we are born, we begin to die". All the achievement names are latin phrases, like the name "Sine Mora" itself.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
what is the cheapest badge to make from scratch?

CS:GO is the cheapest, but you messed up. You should have leveled your account during the Summer Sale promotion.

Crafting a badge (of any kind) gave you a point for your Team, which means you would get one card at the end of the day. That card would sell (at the first days) for the price of buying the entire CS:GO Badge.

Sure, the price dropped in later days, but still, you would get something out of it, to offset the price.

Now you'll get nothing. I'd rather wait for the Winter Sale to see if something else along these lines comes back.

iosefe

CS:GO is the cheapest, but you messed up. You should have leveled your account during the Summer Sale promotion.

Crafting a badge (of any kind) gave you a point for your Team, which means you would get one card at the end of the day. That card would sell (at the first days) for the price of buying the entire CS:GO Badge.

Sure, the price dropped in later days, but still, you would get something out of it, to offset the price.

Now you'll get nothing. I'd rather wait for the Winter Sale to see if something else along these lines comes back.

i actually decided to profit from that. made a lot of money selling cards, plus the Candy Cash locked me out of the market so i was done soon after i made my money

Let me know if you have problems.

Welcome to club MEGAGIVERS.

header_292x136.jpg

where the rest ?
WTF is that mean ?

No, order doesn't matter.
Think of it like a checklist.
In order to get promoted, you must do each of those things, in no particular order. It is possible to complete list items for higher ranks before you even level up to the preceeding rank... it's just a bunch of challenges.

First boss fight of Oranges, boss starts glitching like a motherfucker and is unhittable, flickering on and off while the sound is cut off.

WB, plz.

WTF, how can people have such a bad experience with this game? I swear, in my 1.5x playthroughs, I never had a glitch.

Had to do it, heard too many good things to not pick this game up, got it for 4 keys on TF2 outpost so I feel like I got a pretty good deal.

RZohhgN.png

You got a good deal. If you're talking $2 keys, then $8 isn't much more than it was on sale for in Russia while it was 33% off. The profit made there would be about $0.90, I think.

It's almost always the CS:GO one.

This is true.
When in doubt, check steamcardexchange.

Thanks to CorrosiveFrost I found a use for my 360 copy of killer is dead. Now too wait for the download so I can play it in 60FPS goodness and without screen tearing.

Be careful. If I'm a Steam Djinn of some sort, you have one "wish" left.
Take comfort in the fact that there wasn't a Faustian contract involved here...

Backlogger

What does level 10 have to do with anything?

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

Edit: The foil drop rate shouldn't be affected by level, but apparently the booster pack drop rate is

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Capcom did a similar technique for RE4 promotional images, so take them with a grain of salt until we have more information.

There's not much you can do with old, low resolution backdrops. I don't expect Capcom to treat this as anymore than a cheap cash grab, similar to the RE4 PS360 ports.

Tellaerin

Yanno, every so often I run into something that drives home just how much gaming's changed.

I just poked my head into Amir0x' "indie games for people who don't like indies" thread. Someone there posted that he didn't like most indies because he doesn't like 2D games in general. It just felt so strange to think that there are people out there now that can't remember a time when 3D wasn't a thing. Meanwhile, I can still remember a time when scrolling sprites and bitmap images were all we had, and faked 3D using crudely scaled sprites or primitive vector graphics was utterly mindblowing.

Amazing how far we've come in such a short time.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Reposting before I go to bed

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Any game of your choice from the Steam Store -- MB-C0DF2B868EDF9B09 - Taken by Wok. 105 entrants total.

t1407350862z1.png

That's right I will gift the winner his top wishlisted game or whatever game he wishes for. From Galactic Civilizations III to Bad Rats. Price doesn't matter. Some extra rules

-I will not buy any software or ridiculously priced stuff (Train Simulator DLCs for example)
-I will not buy any removed games that require searching for copies on trading sites
-If you want a game that doesn't have a store page yet (GTA V,Evil Within etc), it's ok. I will gift it to you the moment it's available on Steam

Don't be afraid to ask for something that may be expensive. Just be sure that it is something you really want and plan to play. There is a reason I'm doing the giveaway this way

Backlogger

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

ulgzbKC.png
Chester (Desura) -- MB-7FDAC6DF6651C5DA
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-6518D4FE31381317 - Taken by anastef
Questrun -- MB-9D344D4D89B62034 - Taken by electroflame
GTR: Evolution -- MB-C91FA7CD22A343D9 - Taken by Deadbeat. 2 entrants total.
STEEL AND STEAM -- MB-1CF69169EBE1E396 - Taken by drizzle
ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (Desura) -- MB-BDF23F69086A8DF3 - Taken by Darth Kupi

aku:jiki

Yanno, every so often I run into something that drives home just how much gaming's changed.

I just poked my head into Amir0x' "indie games for people who don't like indies" thread. Someone there posted that he didn't like most indies because he doesn't like 2D games in general. It just felt so strange to think that there are people out there now that can't remember a time when 3D wasn't a thing. Meanwhile, I can still remember a time when scrolling sprites and bitmap images were all we had, and faked 3D using crudely scaled sprites or primitive vector graphics was utterly mindblowing.

Amazing how far we've come in such a short time.
The one that gets me are people of that age where they feel nostalgic about early polygonal graphics, like PS1 type stuff, like us older dudes feel about pixels and sprites.

It doesn't make sense to me because early era polygons was some heinously ugly shit. Starfox looks like such garbage.

Pakkidis

header_292x136.jpg

where the rest ?
WTF is that mean ?

The achievements are brutal for that game. You don't even want to know what you have to do to get the hardest one in that game.

BHK3

Banned
http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

Edit: The foil drop rate shouldn't be affected by level, but apparently the booster pack drop rate is

So level 10 does nothing like I thought, it's just an increase to already pitifully low number. I just thought he thought he had to be a certain level to even GET booster packs/foils. I'm level 30 right now and get booster packs once in a while, my level 100+ friends don't ever get them either.

Backlogger

So level 10 does nothing like I thought, it's just an increase to already pitifully low number. I just thought he thought he had to be a certain level to even GET booster packs/foils. I'm level 30 right now and get booster packs once in a while, my level 100+ friends don't ever get them either.

Yeah, I hardly get them either.

Mono

This game is awesome!

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blood of the Werewolf -- MB-EB9D1B8136D7794E - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 6 entrants total.

t1407279582z1.png

Ozium

more vitamin C to be had:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

100% Orange Juice -- MB-EDC6B8005FD8CB1C - Taken by alr1ght. 6 entrants total.

t1407280122z1.png

Sajjaja

Better game : Marvel Heroes or DC Universe?

Or is mostly a 'which universe do you prefer' thing?

god damn...that thread makes my head hurt
Both different games. Marvel Heroes is an online action RPG like Diablo, DC Universe is an MMO.

The Marvel Heroes devs are really active and listen to the community. Huge turn around from launch and in a good way. It's pretty fun. You choose from characters in the Marvel Universe, you don't create your own character unlike DCUO.

DCUO is fun as well. But it's traditional MMO best played with a controller IMO.

Tbh, it just depends what kind of game you want.

aku:jiki

This game is awesome!
Why would you just go on the internet and tell lies like that?

I finished it and it was the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in my life. Every death made me rage and I don't even rage at games! The damn thing made me slam my desk so hard I spilled a big glass of ice tea everywhere.

Mono

They might want to think about going the Humble way of doing things, DRM Free + Steam key. Apparently the extra stuff just isn't appealing to people.

One of the main tenants of their business is 100% DRM-free games, though, so I think that it's unlikely that they would start doing that anytime soon. Hopefully GOG Galaxy will make them a bit more popular!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom