• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

Lmao went to see what all the fuss was about this IGNPrime stuff and found this in the comments.

steamGAF community > yo community.

Yea boiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I like how they blurred the name at the top but not in the quote. Not like anyone wouldn't recognise Jase by his avatar (at least here).

Sajjaja

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 35 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sajjaja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Company of Heroes 2: German Skin Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-A0E40050A4E6470C - Taken by hepburn3d
Twitch Turbo 1 Month (Expires Sept 1st) -- MB-3077F9DDB83EE8A1 - Taken by Pudge
FEAR -- MB-6FE95BD9E20207A4 - Taken by Sub Zero
Landmark 1 Week Beta -- MB-3B115EA378626D3B - Taken by DJSebolski
Civilization 3 Complete -- MB-07B06225426638C1 - Taken by Woody Invincible
Warlock -- MB-28E8AFC27E3A93D8 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Darksiders -- MB-01E7652E3C105743 - Taken by L.O.R.D
Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-A0CE0C6E5887D091 - Taken by Feel_The_Pain
War of the Roses Kingmaker DLC -- MB-00EA74FC940A9A84
Total War: Rome II: Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-398E35C34565DBB7 - Taken by steelersrock01
Humble Indie Bundle #3 -- MB-2448C2B86C19AE7E - Taken by Scipius
EVE Online Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-6B74B1834542BDA4
Gotham City Impostors Professional Kit -- MB-BABC80F80829A2D0
Dungeonland -- MB-B96BE93FB39A5B02 - Taken by fenners
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Skin Four Color Belorussian -- MB-008BCC89B6380C60 - Taken by Iron Badger
Cortex Command -- MB-6DE8F4E79CDA4261 - Taken by illusionary
Magicka Wizard Wars E3 Robes -- MB-DDFEB73F0D4311C9 - Taken by Lord British
Batman Arkham Origins Skin DLC -- MB-4C5FEFAD2A691713 - Taken by MTE
Deus Ex Human Revolution -- MB-D7A67C429C73D1A6 - Taken by Mono
Anomaly 2 -- MB-DE2A122189B2EFAB - Taken by electroflame
Warframe Booster Pack -- MB-DA4D48677489BAA2 - Taken by Pop
EVE Online Trial Key -- MB-A04C229BDD68AB63 - Taken by Hakkelus
MX vs ATV Reflex -- MB-49BD09A169A62558 - Taken by jmizzal
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-6BBAAA99B0EB546D - Taken by Plankfan
FEAR 2 Project Origin -- MB-CDC6A12A6318E640 - Taken by Saty
Europa Universalis 3 Complete -- MB-C6E786534FF264D0 - Taken by soapypanda
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander Storm Doctrine -- MB-F035795D387630EE - Taken by MillionStabs
Explodemon -- MB-A3C99AF93AEFCD2D - Taken by rainking187
Project Aftermath -- MB-C288CF097D680FFA - Taken by fuzzy123
Mount and Blade: Fire and Sword -- MB-1B850EDF8AC852BC - Taken by darkchewie
Imperial Glory -- MB-7674D30705117AA2 - Taken by Gurthang
Praetorians -- MB-77C59D67F4BC71B0 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Velocity Ultra -- MB-A4DDEBFFF45D8E20 - Taken by 73V3N
Electronic Super Joy: Groove City -- MB-4A7BC980F606C728 - Taken by yoshizzle
Influx -- MB-25401BEDB7D2DF14 - Taken by Hugstable
Let me know if you have problems.

To redeem:
Warframe Booster Pack - https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202421564
EVE Online Trial and Skin - https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202730630
Twitch Turbo - https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202421604

Until I see one for myself, I don't believe in foils.

At this point I just expect every AAA game to be 2015 and then I can be pleasantly surprised when one comes out in 2014.

You are right, The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, The Division, The Order: 1886 and now Evolve had been delayed to 2015

L.O.R.D

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207040/
i start playing Sine Mora to get some easy achievements
oh, i was soo naive , soo wrong

i finished the game it self 3 hours ( main game only )
and only got 2 achievements
where the rest ?
i thought i will get an achievement for beating the game , it was super hard
it appear the achievements in this game is another story
for example "Nascentes Morimur" the description says :"Promoted to Airman"
WTF is that mean ?
after some googling i found this
To earn this achievement, you must complete the following goals:
Complete a stage
Destroy 200 enemy units
Empty 3 full capsules
Deploy 5 sub-weapons

Simply start out by completing the Prologue on your favorite difficulty, making sure to empty your capsule once and fire your sub-weapon all four possible times.

After this, you only need to kill a few more enemies, fire one sub-weapon and empty two full capsules - this comes naturally by playing through the first stage.

oh , is this what the achievements in this game is about ?

788d7237ecca60d8d235cb352eab832f472264065a048fcd24adc834f0ca82f0.jpg

will,in the game i already done all this and didn't get any thing
what they mean by "Empty 3 full capsules" ?

do i have to so all this in this particular order ?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How to make easy money

1.Download the Unity dev kit
2. Spend a few hours trying to create a barely playable game with the free assets
3. Publish it on Steam Greenlight
4.Find a way for it to get approved
5. Stock up on Gift Copies of the game
6. Wait for Valve to remove your shovelware from the store
7.Wait
8.Sell it to JaseC and other crazy Steam Collectors for a ridiculous price
9.????
10.Profit!

Ozium

He could be the Aussie Walter White for all we know.

I really want that Mind game.

He could be Tony Abbott for all we know.

How to make easy money

2. Spend a few hours trying to create a barely playable game with the free assets
7.Wait
9.????
10.Profit!

Brilliant.

How to make easy money

7.Wait
9.????
10.Profit!

brb downloading Unity

Vuze

How to make easy money

7.Wait
9.????
10.Profit!

This is brilliant lol

Yes. Remember, though, that the refund is supplied in Steam Wallet credit; if you want the money refunded to your CC/DC or PayPal account then you still need to contact Valve.
Hmm, a friend pre-ordered Defense Grid 2 and now he wants to refund it but says it doesn't give him any options to do so. Do you think it has something to do with the pre-order bonuses or something (like the immediate access to the beta)?

Ruruja

Number 4 in that list is the hard part. I would recommend promising well-drawn anime backgrounds and trading cards to guarantee approval.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Number 4 in that list is the hard part. I would recommend promising well-drawn anime backgrounds and trading cards to guarantee approval.

Or you can just say it is a survival crafting FPS game with zombies and post some bullshots. Everybody will be like "EPIC Valve add this pls"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, a friend pre-ordered Defense Grid 2 and now he wants to refund it but says it doesn't give him any options to do so. Do you think it has something to do with the pre-order bonuses or something (like the immediate access to the beta)?

Yeah, DG2 is an odd case. The instant access to the beta was achieved by setting the DG2 game app to released, so as far as Steam's system is concerned it's not a pre-order -- what you're actually pre-ordering is a DLC app that will unlock the rest of the content come launch day. Valve should be willing to grant a manual refund, though.

Turfster

First boss fight of Oranges, boss starts glitching like a motherfucker and is unhittable, flickering on and off while the sound is cut off.

WB, plz.

Ruruja

First boss fight of Oranges, boss starts glitching like a motherfucker and is unhittable, flickering on and off while the sound is cut off.

WB, plz.

I can't remember, but is that the one on the roof? Mine CTD'd a couple of times at that part but then played fine afterwards.

iosefe

I waited like 5 minutes before sending a PM, I wanted to be sure no one else wanted it :(

I would have given it if I haven't redemeed it already, sorry!

i made my post becasue i was surprised no one swooped at it. it's a damn good game. you're gonna love it

Amzin

WB, plz.

That first boss fight is about the only bug I encountered all game, so there must be something still screwy there. My camera was flipping tables at me during that fight, and then the in-game cinematic at the end I couldn't see wtf was going on because the camera was like 10 feet to the left :l

Yeah, DG2 is an odd case. The instant access to the beta was achieved by setting the DG2 game app to released, so as far as Steam's system is concerned it's not a pre-order -- what you're actually pre-ordering is a DLC app that will unlock the rest of the content come launch day. Valve should be willing to grant a manual refund, though.
Ah, makes (somewhat) sense. Cheers for the info, buddy!

I decided to get a refund on that Colin McRae Rally game. I wasn't really that pissed but once I found out that it was £5 for not that much content I was a bit annoyed. Will buy again when it is 50p or something.

aku:jiki

will,in the game i already done all this and didn't get any thing
what they mean by "Empty 3 full capsules" ?

do i have to so all this in this particular order ?
A capsule is a full bar of your energy, the one you use for special weapons and stuff. You should probably read the help section again, I'm sure the tutorial explained what a capsule is...

The achievements are divided into tiers, with sub-achievements in each. You will have to google what some of them mean (like "find the piano"), but most of them are easy to understand. Order doesn't matter, you just have to fulfill requirements of each sub-achievement to get the achievement for that tier, then it moves onto the next tier. You do not get achievements for each sub-achievement, just one for the "rank".

I see you found the TrueAchievements solutions for the first tier; there are explanations and tips for every tier on there. (I know because I wrote most of them!)

glaurung

I cannot sleep. I am absolutely smoldering within this horrible heat wave. So the first person to quote this post with a picture of something cool gets a free copy of the epic first Deus Ex GotY edition (Steam/HumbleBundle).

Regular giveaway rules apply, i.e. don't be greedy, post only if you don't have the game yet etc.

/wipes sweat

I cannot sleep. I am absolutely smoldering within this horrible heat wave. So the first person to quote this post with a picture of something cool gets a free copy of the epic first Deus Ex GotY edition (Steam/HumbleBundle).

Regular giveaway rules apply, i.e. don't be greedy, post only if you don't have the game yet etc.

/wipes sweat
You know what's not cool? Admitting you never finished Deus Ex

Mono

Hmm, Elder Scrolls Oblivion for 2,49€. Worth it?
https://de.gamesplanet.com/game/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-goty-edition--1353-1
Or is Morrowind/Skyrim better?

I'm super biased, but I think that Oblivion is the best despite the extremely finnicky combat. The mods are great and the game is a lot of fun to mess around in. The expansion Shivering Isles is better than the base game by far, and it's included in the GOTY edition. Definitely worth it at that price!

AkuMifune

Banned
I loved Oblivion way back when it was one of the only games i had for the 360. Didn't play much of Morrowind. Skyrim is better than both, IMO.

COME AT ME NOSTALGIA GOGGLES GAF!

Morrowind is the deepest with the best main quest, Skyrim the best looking and controlling, Oblivion the most interesting side-quests. At least that's my take without giving it much thought.

Oblivion Assassin/Thieves Guild stuff still the best the series has to offer.

Enco

The dates are optional however you need to do only 2-3 to get the extra weapons, and afterwards are mainly for cheevos.

What stage are you in? Stage 5.1 is best tackled after stage 5 or after beating the game.

Mission 3.
The next mission is the mission I created that webm from.

And for your first playthrough, the only thing you really need dates for is to get the drill arm.
So basically go on the first date that's available and complete it successfully. Now you can ignore dating forever if you want to.
Ok I'm back to Killer is Dead and I'm confused.

Mission 4 is the date.
I also see mission 51? What happened to mission 5?

edit: never mind found mission 4. The menu sucks

BruteUA

Strong contender for the winner (or at least one of the winners) of the trip to Acti's annual chopping block. Only five more months to go.

I remember the last time this went on a random sale, and there was a lot of talk here about how it'd be a good idea to grab a couple copies and hold on to them until it's delisted. That copy still sits in my inventory, waiting.

Alright. Thanks Volimar and Mono for your input. Bought Oblivion.
Was on the edge since I heard many not liking it compared to Morrowind and Skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom