• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Be careful. If I'm a Steam Djinn of some sort, you have one "wish" left.
Take comfort in the fact that there wasn't a Faustian contract involved here...

I had to look up what a Faustian contract was.
Thank goodness that isn't the case.....for now.

Still waiting on the download. Should be done tonight. 11gb is more than I thought.

Mono

Why would you just go on the internet and tell lies like that?

I finished it and it was the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in my life. Every death made me rage and I don't even rage at games! The damn thing made me slam my desk so hard I spilled a big glass of ice tea everywhere.

Uh oh! :X I haven't finished it yet, but the first few levels seemed fine to me, even though the controls are a bit iffy. Does it just get brutally unfair later on?

Better game : Marvel Heroes or DC Universe?

Or is mostly a 'which universe do you prefer' thing?

DC Universe is more of a classic MMO where you create your own hero and choose a mentor. So no, you don't get to BE Batman or Superman, but you get an MMO experience.

Marvel Heroes is a multiplayer ARPG - or as I like to call it, a "diablmmo" - where you play as an actual comic hero and can earn tokens to buy more. So yes, you get to BE Wolverine or Spider-Man. Just maybe not right away.

I had to look up what a Faustian contract was.
Thank goodness that isn't the case.....for now.

Still waiting on the download. Should be done tonight. 11gb is more than I thought.

How To Set The Game to 60FPS and Desired Resolution
1-Go to Program Files(X86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\KillerIsDead\KidGame\Config
2-Open The File KidEngine.Ini and edit
bsSmoothFramerate=True to False and change the Max Framerate to 60.
4 To have Mika's Massage Heal properly please edit these settings on KidGame.ini:
mRevive_MassageRecoveryRate = 2.6
mRevive_MassageHealtDownRate = 0.98
mRevive_MassageDownPowerMax = 10.0
5- ResX and ResY to change your resolution to your preferences
6- Save edits and enjoy the game

tylerf

If Halo Collection actually comes to PC I would be so happy. That's about the only shooter that could ever get me excited these days.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Scipius, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-8AA2ACFE2CD61FD0 - Taken by Jason Frost

t1407283422z1.png

I have a small stash of games I've been collecting to do something with... and because of the humble fiasco, I kind of got a little out of control...

But I think it's a relatively safe bet that, should I win Sub Zero's giveaway, I will unleash the flood gate and empty my vault.

Shadownet

Banned
Both different games. Marvel Heroes is an online action RPG like Diablo, DC Universe is an MMO.

The Marvel Heroes devs are really active and listen to the community. Huge turn around from launch and in a good way. It's pretty fun. You choose from characters in the Marvel Universe, you don't create your own character unlike DCUO.

DCUO is fun as well. But it's traditional MMO best played with a controller IMO.

Tbh, it just depends what kind of game you want.

I've been out of the loop for a while. Used to play DCUO on PS3. Haven't play Marvel yet. Which one of them is more popular nowadays?
--------

@Phoenix. Bring it on son.

--------

I should stop resting at the wrong time. -__- I missed Sajjaja amazing giveaway.

I never played it in multi, that could be awesome.

From the few times I've tried, there's so few people in the online lobbies at any one time, we'd need an actual Guerrilla GAF night to play it.

DC Universe is more of a classic MMO where you create your own hero and choose a mentor. So no, you don't get to BE Batman or Superman, but you get an MMO experience.

Marvel Heroes is a multiplayer ARPG - or as I like to call it, a "diablmmo" - where you play as an actual comic hero and can earn tokens to buy more. So yes, you get to BE Wolverine or Spider-Man. Just maybe not right away.

Can't there be like 20 wolverines in one spot?

god damn PC pirates.

Both different games. Marvel Heroes is an online action RPG like Diablo, DC Universe is an MMO.

The Marvel Heroes devs are really active and listen to the community. Huge turn around from launch and in a good way. It's pretty fun. You choose from characters in the Marvel Universe, you don't create your own character unlike DCUO.

DCUO is fun as well. But it's traditional MMO best played with a controller IMO.

Tbh, it just depends what kind of game you want.

Thanks guys. I know I've played both at one point, can't remember what I liked better. I'll start with Marvel and see how it goes.

Steam is down again.

..it's tuesday...

vg260

There's not much you can do with old, low resolution backdrops. I don't expect Capcom to treat this as anymore than a cheap cash grab, similar to the RE4 PS360 ports.

Well, I've never played the remake and never will otherwise, so at least there's the option whenever it reaches a price I'm willing to pay.

Jawmuncher

How To Set The Game to 60FPS and Desired Resolution
1-Go to Program Files(X86)SteamSteamAppsCommonKillerIsDeadKidGameConfig
2-Open The File KidEngine.Ini and edit
bsSmoothFramerate=True to False and change the Max Framerate to 60.
4 To have Mika's Massage Heal properly please edit these settings on KidGame.ini:
mRevive_MassageRecoveryRate = 2.6
mRevive_MassageHealtDownRate = 0.98
mRevive_MassageDownPowerMax = 10.0
5- ResX and ResY to change your resolution to your preferences
6- Save edits and enjoy the game

Thanks was looking for this.

aku:jiki

Uh oh! :X I haven't finished it yet, but the first few levels seemed fine to me, even though the controls are a bit iffy. Does it just get brutally unfair later on?
Yes. It feels like one of those troll platformers that have platforms disappear from under you and spikes appear out of nowhere just to kill you in ridiculous ways you can't possibly predict, except it's not at all intended to play that way.

Another layer of frustration comes from the fact that the wolf can double jump but Selena can not and as the game goes on it switches between the two more and more often, to the point where there are rooms where you will switch multiple times before leaving it, and the end result is that you end up confused as hell about who can double jump and who can't. Having a constantly changing control scheme is like a game design cardinal sin. I thought it had potential too and couldn't stop playing it despite the frustration, but it's just not a good game.

If you intend to press on anyway, remember to be vigilant with secrets and the collectable coin things! The HP upgrade from the coins is very important and most of the vital upgrades are in hidden rooms. Very few of the upgrades are just lying in the open for you to grab.

From the few times I've tried, there's so few people in the online lobbies at any one time, we'd need an actual Guerrilla GAF night to play it.

Can't there be like 20 wolverines in one spot?

Yes. But the Tesseract is in play, so you can make like they're all alternate-dimension heroes if you feel the need to justify it.

Hugstable

Banned
decided to download the ARR trial. this is gonna be a long 14 days

I dont have to pay anything and I can play FFXIV right now? Or I would still need to buy the game and the free trial is only for those who own the game but don't have a sub? I always wanted to try XIV but I told myself no more MMO after WoW.

iosefe

I dont have to pay anything and I can play FFXIV right now? Or I would still need to buy the game and the free trial is only for those who own the game but don't have a sub? I always wanted to try XIV but I told myself no more MMO after WoW.

14 day trial. they didn't ask for any CC info (so far). you can chose to upgrde

Play for free for 14 days no strings attached. After that buy the game with a free month then pay for the subscription. Also I know the feeling but the MMO itch is bothering me and WoW's expansion doesn't come out any time soon. FFXIV will have to scratch it.

maneil99

Fate stopped me from buying every Bundlestar bundle, no paypal option in canada and then I get a call telling me I owe $2800 for insurance, I'll stick to CSGO thank you!

Tellaerin

Yes. But the Tesseract is in play, so you can make like they're all alternate-dimension heroes if you feel the need to justify it.

The "multiples of the same hero" thing is why I've always preferred the City of Heroes/DCUO approach to superhero MMO's. Kinda wish Marvel would do something similar - it'd be cool to create an original hero and team up with/fight canon Marvel characters. (I don't really see it happening - hell, given Disney's halfhearted support for anything not named Infinity, I'm surprised Marvel properties have gotten any kind of love at all when it comes to games - but I can always dream.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom