• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know, been following the thread. However I doubt he can do much about it if it was a decision of Capcpom.

Capcom still doesn't quite "get" Steam (lololol DLC sale). I'm sure PRIC will be removed once it's explained that German users have already received the game.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Honestly its is VERY much like the later Dreamcast Gauntlet games.

Sounds kinda like those Baldur's Gate games on PS2 -- if it is, holy crap, sounds fun!

actually - you're both right :) this game is EXACTLY like those games :) plus - it's REALLY pretty too :D definitely worth giving it a try (probably at a lower price point, though ... I got it for $25 - no regrets)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Capcom still doesn't quite "get" Steam (lololol DLC sale). I'm sure PRIC will be removed once it's explained that German users have already received the game.

I agree they don't quite 'get' it yet, but I find this very fact half amusing and sad since while they don't seem to get that, they do in fact seem to get the PC port side of it. Capcom have wonderfully optimized games they'll patch and keep up with complaints and feedback on, and provide the ultimate versions of their games for a decent price.

But some Steam specific stuff, they see, to be rather clueless too.

Have a little problem. Normally when I just copy/paste my Steamgames from an external HDD to my Steamfolder (steamapps\common), Steam finds the game automatically and lists them as installed.

Did it this time and it wont show any of the games I copied. When I try to install one of those games (thinking it would show up as already installed), it deletes all the files and wants to download it again.

Did anything happen? It was never a problem before.

It certainly seems better then Strider my man. You've convinced me with those WebMs to add it to my wishlist.

I certainly think so.
Those last 2 webms should actually give a good idea of what the core gameplay is like and why I say that Yaiba is the child of a musou and character action game... the real game plays very similar though it's slightly different because it's 3D camera (though you can't control it much, it's fixed) and you have the execution and upgrade systems in place as well as generating bloodlust over time with damage instead of finding bloodlust tokens and such. But the core combat works as a sort of classic side scrolling beat'em up, so that should give people a better idea of what to expect from the game.

I gave out 4 copies in the last week... and I think all 4 people seemed to like the game.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Also:

Finding games that have card drops remaining
Idle Master needs to idle 255 games

I will, most certainly, need more than one night.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So, I've been periodically checking my Verizon account online and...

iHbLPeoY3GwxN.JPG

IT FUCKING BEGINS.

JaseC

Have a little problem. Normally when I just copy/paste my Steamgames from an external HDD to my Steamfolder (steamapps\common), Steam finds the game automatically and lists them as installed.

Did it this time and it wont show any of the games I copied. When I try to install one of those games (thinking it would show up as already installed), it deletes all the files and wants to download it again.

Did anything happen? It was never a problem before.

They're not showing as installed because you didn't copy over the ACF files in the root of the steamapps folder, but Steam should still detect the existing game data when you go to install them. Does Steam say "Discovering existing files" when installing something that you copied over?

C4rter

Idle Master was a little buggy last night. It got 1 card drop from every game but ran into errors checking for remaining card drops and jumped to the next game instead of finishing the last. Is there a log file I can post?
And it was throwing "steam-idle doesn't work anymore" or "steam-idle stopped running" (dont' know the English message because I'm running a German Windows) errors every time.

They're not showing as installed because you didn't copy over the ACF files in the root of the steamapps folder, but Steam should still detect the existing game data when you go to install them. Does Steam say "Discovering existing files" when installing something that you copied over?

No. It pretends its not installed, somehow deletes those files and downloads everything again..

True dat, no EU friendly giveaways, no EU friendly game nights... EU just gets no love :(

Then how do you win half the games I giveaway, sir?

--

Also loving all the positive responses to Yaiba webms! This is why I make webms people! So you can watch them and see the awesome!
I do take requests... replaying Yaiba has happened because of lashman, so y'know, if there's really something you're interested in, I might be convinced to put together something for SteamGAF. :p

saunderez

There need to be more EU-friendly giveaways in this thread.
Everyday I wake up and see all the awesome I miss...

There there, I'll make sure my Wasteland 2 giveaway is EU friendly when it happens. Just hanging out for my second key from my Kickstarter rewards. Come on inXile, August is a really fucking vague release date.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You're paying verizon or verizon is paying you?

Sorry, I lack the background information to understand this.

It shows the 6 dollar M&M cable bill codes coming off the account as a payment.

We started off slow, but updates to it should hopefully be pretty significant pretty soon.

JaseC

No. It pretends its not installed, somehow deletes those files and downloads everything again..

Steam should detect the existing data regardless of whether or not it wants to use it. Are you absolutely sure that:

- The individual game installation folders you copied over are located in Steam\steamapps\common (e.g. Age2HD's files would be located in Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD)
- Said folders actually have data in them, and
- You're installing to Steam's default location?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
True dat, no EU friendly giveaways, no EU friendly game nights... EU just gets no love :(

if only 2 of our bigger givers (at least) were in europe and did their giveaways in europe friendly times... oh wait, they are

and if only you could organize games yourself instead of waiting for others to do it. surely it is a long lost secret only known to special people from certain bloodlines, like vampire hunters or kings

Hugstable

Banned
CS:GO SteamGAF seems to be on a roll tonight. Finally gonna beat Dishonored tomorrow too :D

Then how do you win half the games I giveaway, sir?

--

Also loving all the positive responses to Yaiba webms! This is why I make webms people! So you can watch them and see the awesome!
I do take requests... replaying Yaiba has happened because of lashman, so y'know, if there's really something you're interested in, I might be convinced to put together something for SteamGAF. :p

I really like when you do the .webm thing, gets me really interested a game once you see that smooth ass gameplay.

Caerith

Idle Master was a little buggy last night. It got 1 card drop from every game but ran into errors checking for remaining card drops and jumped to the next game instead of finishing the last. Is there a log file I can post?
And it was throwing "steam-idle doesn't work anymore" errors every time.

Are you using the most recent version? 0.2 should have fixed the not-detecting-therefore-jumping.

Steam should detect the existing data regardless of whether or not it wants to use it. Are you absolutely sure that:

- The individual game installation folders you copied over are located in Steam\steamapps\common (e.g. Age2HD's files would be located in Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD), and
- Said folders actually have data in them?

Hm... Tested some other games now.
Seems only Trails in the Sky had some problems.

Thanks.

Nah, they should just adjust to our time. Sleep during the day and go to work at night.

haha! I won't be doing to many big giveaways for a while now anyway as I have to save up for a trip to Canada. I only need to get FIFA 15 and F1 2014 when I can preorder them and I am done til GTA comes out I think!

if only 2 of our bigger givers (at least) were in europe and did their giveaways in europe friendly times... oh wait, they are

and if only you could organize games yourself instead of waiting for others to do it. surely it is a long lost secret only known to special people from certain bloodlines, like vampire hunters or kings

<3

And it's not like I do most of my giveaways during the US nighttime either?

I see where my giveaways rank for you EU GAFers... &#9581;&#8745;&#9582;(-_-)&#9581;&#8745;&#9582;

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
all those responses

ZombiU is rough around the edges, but is somewhat unique as is Wonderful 101.

Which reminds me, if anyone in here picks up a Wii U for cheap at some point, buy the Wonderful 101. It's by far my favorite game that I've played on the system, it's so good.

If you like other Platinum, and Clover Studios, games, you'll probably enjoy W101.

So, I've been periodically checking my Verizon account online and...

IT FUCKING BEGINS.

Congrats for the codes actually working :D

EdmondD

Anyone ever play that F2P game Unturned? A few buddies and I are playing co-op and it's actually pretty addictive trying to fend off zombies. In a way it's like DayZ, but with Minecraft-esque graphics.

I downloaded it because it looked interesting. Haven't played it though.

saunderez

Congrats to Marco, saunderez, and Lomax for winning my giveaway.

Already sent you a PM but screw it, thanks again!

marco and saunderez win every giveaway I swear on me mum

That's kinda true, but I've been entering a whole heap less lately so my name should be coming up a bit less than usual.

And hey, didn't win any of those Hatoful Boyfriend giveaways so thats something right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom