• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Or you can just say it is a survival crafting FPS game with zombies and post some bullshots. Everybody will be like "EPIC Valve add this pls"

Don't forget the ascii art that accompanies those posts.

goddamn Gaben.

Shovel Knight

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868871

Well look at that, my two favorite platforms sold the most copies. As if anyone expected anything different :p

I'm still not sold... finding out it's local MP only, and a MP based game at that... maybe if it's super cheap in rubbles or something...

They were hinting at putting in online multiplayer in the future. Personally, I'm waiting to pick it up when that happens.

Sajjaja

Still unclaimed from my giveaway:

Company of Heroes 2: German Skin Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-A0E40050A4E6470C - Taken by hepburn3d
Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-A0CE0C6E5887D091 - Taken by Feel_The_Pain
War of the Roses Kingmaker DLC -- MB-00EA74FC940A9A84
Total War: Rome II: Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-398E35C34565DBB7 - Taken by steelersrock01
EVE Online Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-6B74B1834542BDA4
Gotham City Impostors Professional Kit -- MB-BABC80F80829A2D0
Dungeonland -- MB-B96BE93FB39A5B02 - Taken by fenners
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Skin Four Color Belorussian -- MB-008BCC89B6380C60 - Taken by Iron Badger
Anomaly 2 -- MB-DE2A122189B2EFAB - Taken by electroflame
EVE Online Trial Key -- MB-A04C229BDD68AB63 - Taken by Hakkelus
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124132208&postcount=6423

Interested to see what they put up.

Also, most people probably have these already.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mr. Bree Plus -- MB-C04ECEEDD7AB73B5 - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 2 entrants total.
100% Orange Juice -- MB-4CD92025485FE160 - Taken by PixyJunket. 6 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-A4C2FF60E1F8F68B - Taken by adriano999. 1 entrants total.

t1407287262z1.png

CSGO Game Night

Hey guys I set one up for tonight. Click if you're interested?

Up for some casual.

Shadownet

Banned
got 90 minutes to go for my download. good on you for picking Gilgamesh

iosefe is joining too :O hot damn I can't wait to play with you all!
--------------------------------

Speaking of MMORPG. I'm surprise they haven't made a Naruto MMO yet. Given how popular the series is and that it has the perfect set up for an MMO world.

You can start out as a Genin, then you have to pass your Chunin Exam, then you can lead your own team of ninja, taking on missions and trying to learn new jutsu (there are countless jutsu to be learn), taking part in world events like the Ninja War. etc.

maneil99

SteamGAF pick a number (1) or (2)

If you pick the right number Steamgaf will be happy but I my wallet won't be
First person to pick is the decisive one.

Khronico

My brain is having a hard time comprehending how well games I used to play run on this new laptop. It's so weird. I've spent like 12 years gaming on utter garbage PC's that it's almost culture shock.

j74SykU.gif

Parsnip

Played a bit of Lili: Child of Geos.

It's not exactly super complicated game or anything, but it has certain charm to it. And its collectathon nature speaks to me in a deepest of levels. Though I don't think I'm going to collect 1000(!) flowers or break 1000 pots. That's a bit too much, even for me.

I couldn't stand their "next gen" post processing and turned that off though. Then did some own post processing tweaking instead.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

iosefe

iosefe is joining too :O hot damn I can't wait to play with you all!
--------------------------------

Speaking of MMORPG. I'm surprise they haven't made a Naruto MMO yet. Given how popular the series is and that it has the perfect set up for an MMO world.

You can start out as a Genin, then you have to pass your Chunin Exam, then you can lead your own team of ninja, taking on missions and trying to learn new jutsu (there are countless jutsu to be learn), taking part in world events like the Ninja War. etc.

not sure if i'll play tonight
It was actually (1) but I hate myself so give me a minute for some reason the paypal option works sometimes but sometimes it doesnt on bundle stars

it's always 1 isn't it...

MTE

My brain is having a hard time comprehending how well games I used to play run on this new laptop. It's so weird. I've spent like 12 years gaming on utter garbage PC's that it's almost culture shock.

j74SykU.gif

Right there with you man.
I recently got a brand new PC, after operating on hand-me-downs the last 8-10 years. It's shocking. I'm yet to play a game that meaningfully challenges it.

AA and a smooth framerate just make the game more.. fun. I suppose it's more that nothing gets in the way.

Spares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Q.U.B.E. -- MB-55FDB46DBC4A4331 - Taken by ramoisdead
99 Spirits -- MB-FED9FAE0F418FC2C - Taken by Andrefpvs
100% Orange Juice -- MB-93C1713343A8E8D5 - Taken by pupo
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-35DA041C7F4EB4A2 - Taken by bluechox2

maneil99

Give me a sec guys, the I can do instant paypal transfers from my bank to other users but not to steam or bundlestars :/

Pop

j74SykU.gif

Exactly.

I built my own PC about 3 months ago and was shocked at how well games I played ran now. It's great though, I was missing a bunch not having a capable machine.

Finished valiant hearts. Will write about it more tomorrow when there's a lull in work but man, that's one hell of a melancholic ending. Kinda bummed out, but in a good way I guess.

I haven't posted a 100% in a while (been playing on NES, PC-Engine and Genesis lately), but I managed to do Epic Battle Fantasy 4.

zYEU0QQ.png

This was actually a really fun game, great battles that required lots of preparation and strategy (especially on the hardest mode).

It also ended up being A LOT longer than I was expecting for an indie JRPG and then I wouldn't let go until I got the last achievements.

I should also have Monster Ate My Birthday Cake at 100%, but one achievement is broken and no patch yet.

Mono

I haven't posted a 100% in a while (been playing on NES, PC-Engine and Genesis lately), but I managed to do Epic Battle Fantasy 4.

zYEU0QQ.png

This was actually a really fun game, great battles that required lots of preparation and strategy (especially on the hardest mode).

It also ended up being A LOT longer than I was expecting for an indie JRPG and then I wouldn't let go until I got the last achievements.

I should also have Monster Ate My Birthday Cake at 100%, but one achievement is broken and no patch yet.

Went out with a bang with that last achievement, I see!

good night guys

Goodnight!!

SteamGAF I have some sort of malware and it's not going away! I don't know where to post this so I'm just going to ask here.

Does anyone have any experience trying to remove nextcoup or pricechop malware?

It's really pissing me off. I've tried several ways to delete but every time I reboot my browser it comes back as extensions... It's so annoying.
Any advice?

Andrefpvs

zYEU0QQ.png

That achievement does not have a description (at least from what I can see). Does the game just enjoy labelling its players? :p

maneil99

Giveaway is gonna be less intense, was gonna be 70+ games but I don't want to order a bunch and see a ton of fees from online transactions from my bank 3 days later lol

Hugstable

Banned
To those who have played it and also CorrosiveFrost since I think he's played through all 3 games, which should I purchase at this moment; Killer is Dead, Yaiba, or Crypt of the Necrodancer. I love rhythm style games to death and what I've seen from Gunstarheroes stream of the game looked absolutely wonderful, especially with how well it takes to custom tracks. There is also Yaiba which has had alot of good impressions recently in this thread from both Frost and Mokoi and everything I've seen in streams looks like something I would enjoy. Then comes Killer is Dead which is on sale right now and I can get on TF2outpost for 3keys 5 ref or 4 keys which isn't all too bad, and the game looks interesting itself in it's gameplay (not too interested in that dating mode or whatever the hell I heard it had, but the gameplay itself looks cool). Right now I'm leaning towards KiD just because of the sale, even though Crypt of Necrodancer is so tempting, and just wanted to get thoughts from other posters on these games.

Because I played the FFXIV Beta on PS4 I'm not eligible for a free trial. :\

I guess I'll make a temp account and if I decide to buy it I'll use my original account. What a pain.

Yup I got the same thing so I'm gonna have to create a temp account as well. I got into the FFXIV Beta and downloaded it but I never played it ha.

Get your Vitamin C here guys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for The Dear Leader:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

100% Orange Juice (Steam) -- MB-67685756CD29D7BC - Taken by Basileus777. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-34DFA6DFEDBC8C8B - Taken by Kuroyume
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-BD9588D7FDC611BB

t1407289243z1.png

maneil99

SteamGAF I have some sort of malware and it's not going away! I don't know where to post this so I'm just going to ask here.

Does anyone have any experience trying to remove nextcoup or pricechop malware?

It's really pissing me off. I've tried several ways to delete but every time I reboot my browser it comes back as extensions... It's so annoying.
Any advice?

Malwarebytes anti malware

Sajjaja

Hey guys, I just found one of the saddest comments on Youtube. Was watching a performance video for the Radeon 7790 (closest card to 260X) and this was in the comments:
How much fps can you reach in cod 4 deathrun without recording whest? Because I want to buy that card I can hold about 333 fps with 600x400 graphics on cod 4

Sarcasm

To those who have played it and also CorrosiveFrost since I think he's played through all 3 games, which should I purchase at this moment; Killer is Dead, Yaiba, or Crypt of the Necrodancer. I love rhythm style games to death and what I've seen from Gunstarheroes stream of the game looked absolutely wonderful, especially with how well it takes to custom tracks. There is also Yaiba which has had alot of good impressions recently in this thread from both Frost and Mokoi and everything I've seen in streams looks like something I would enjoy. Then comes Killer is Dead which is on sale right now and I can get on TF2outpost for 3keys 5 ref or 4 keys which isn't all too bad, and the game looks interesting itself in it's gameplay (not too interested in that dating mode or whatever the hell I heard it had, but the gameplay itself looks cool). Right now I'm leaning towards KiD just because of the sale, even though Crypt of Necrodancer is so tempting, and just wanted to get thoughts from other posters on these games.

Yup I got the same thing so I'm gonna have to create a temp account as well. I got into the FFXIV Beta and downloaded it but I never played it ha.

Get what you can on sale. Crypt can wait since its SP and leaderboards do get wiped.

Always sale over desire...

Just finished Deus Ex for the first time, and was my first time getting anywhere past Hell's Kitchen. It really made me appreciate the ways Human Revolution changed things, and to see how limited other games in the same genre are.

It wasn't really fun to shoot play-doh men in lego squares passed off as buildings. What I long considered to be a boring level, Liberty Island, turned out to be the best designed in the whole game.

The ending I chose was more anti-climactic than I envisioned the ending to such a story being. Kind of disappointing, really.

Glad I played it, but didn't have any fun, if that makes sense.
What a shame. The raw action of the game is pretty rough but I prefer its options over Human Revolution's. Investing skill points and having mutually exclusive choices between augs made for more interesting variety between playthroughs I thought, as I'd always try to go for some divergent build from what I played last and it made me look at the game in a different way. One of my playthroughs had me carrying the knocked out NSF Terrorist Leader from the start of the game throughout the entire thing just because I could.

HR just had you building more generally, it was an FPS that happened to have upgrades in it. It works, but it funnels me into playing it kind of the same every time. Its simplification of the various systems like reducing melee to a button press into a fixed takedown and essentially reducing most world interaction to the single hacking mini-game just made me feel like the game played all its cards up front. I also kind of miss all the incidental environment props, HR's areas are pretty barren in that respect. I still like it and all, but I can't help but notice all the ways it was pared down.

Mono

The Banner Saga has not disappointed my space-high expectations yet. I love it so much: it's Oregon Trail meets Fire Emblem with fictional Anglo-Saxon/Old Norse shenanigans. I didn't think the combat would be as challenging as it is (which is good) and the art is absolutely goregeous! Aaa!!

Also, freaking Rafnsvartr...
I tied him to a tree and left him for the dredge. :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom