• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
does crytek still have any employees to port the game

Their Frankfurt, Budapest, Sofia, Istanbul, Shanghai, Kiev, and Seoul studios seem to have weathered the storm. The remains of Crytek Austin has been moved from game design to third party CryEngine support.

Sober

that stump review is spot on

state of decay just completely deflated till it ended on a wet fart of a game

but the first few hours were great and really promising

Base game gets super easy after a while. Breakdown provides a nice start and changes the balance a bit by making it harder each level up.

Lifeline is an interesting proposition because it's on a new map and it lets you go crazy with the guns this time around. Also it's much harder.

AHA-Lambda

the best there is
the best there was
the best there ever will be

WH30N8q.png

(my review, not the game)

Well I'm convinced, I was never sure about it after the demo and I'm not convinced still that it's really worth bothering with.

Yeah, I like stuff with base building and sim elements. So I found it really interesting at the start. But to a degree some of the simness was actually too real (yeah, I'm saying "real" in regards to a zombie game, you know what I actually mean here). Long moments of completing boring routines as safely as possible with occasional bursts of tense action. Maybe a good representation of the zombie apocalypse, but not really fun to play. Especially since the core melee and gunplay actions was super basic and the sandbox didn't have many fun toys in it. I gave up after a few hours.

That achievement does not have a description (at least from what I can see). Does the game just enjoy labelling its players? :p

I didn't see anyone respond to this, so if they did sorry for repeating info, but from what I recall playing this game on Kongregate, you get that achievement for clicking the first female protagonist's breasts a certain number of times - they bounce when you click them. So I'd say it's an accurate label.

Ventara

All this talk of State of Decay has me considering picking it up. It shouldn't be more than 2 keys, so the price is right, too. But my backlog...

Anyways, Groupees has revealed the final bonus for the BaB and it's 3 Stars of Destiny at 10,000 bundles sold, which I have no doubt we'll hit. Seems like a decent RPG Maker game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Unless I missed something i'm pretty sure the controls were untouched in CVX.
But yeah the revamped controls should help a lot of people who still have trouble. But i'm curious just how much they could change the game.

would kill for CV on steam, that one is still special for me, had a japanese copy (but I think the game was in english?) back in the day

jblank83

I haven't read the review, but that's how I felt about it, minus the wet fart.

It starts out very exciting and promising. Setting up a base, dealing with group dynamics, scavenging for ammo, dealing with hordes, and permanent character death is all great stuff. It's great until you realize how easily handed hordes are, how little effort it takes to deal with a group (none, really), how abundant ammo and other resources are, and how easy it is to keep characters alive (eventually you'll have so many skilled characters it doesn't matter if you lose one once in awhile, anyway).

And you'll realize all of this within a couple of hours.

Which means there's not much to the game except the story missions. Which is bad news, because the story missions suck and the story sucks. Nor are the core game mechanics anything interesting. They're ok, but nothing special as far as open world action adventure games go. The promise of the game comes from all the aforementioned stuff, which amounts to a big pile of fluffy zombie flavored nothing.

I didn't hate the time I spent with State of Decay, but I didn't love it either, aside from a couple of hours at the start. It was a decent way to waste 15 hours when I didn't have anything better to play. But by the time the game was done I was excited it was over just so I could stop playing State of Decay and do something, anything else.

maneil99

Shameful game by CSGOgaf

ModBot said:
Instructions for maneil99:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 27 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maneil99, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Manhunter #2 -- MB-A2F06AD94DA0FAA2 - Taken by bobnowhere
Cobi Treasure Deluxe #2 -- MB-FF0344579F777DFD - Taken by lukiluk
Humanity Asset #2 -- MB-4B910FE79AEEBD33
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi -- MB-AC718843B60742BD - Taken by okiemok
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-A3D35D683B20B764 - Taken by Pop
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-D9AA9CEF29F01E20 - Taken by bronson
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-2A20FAAB32361F85 - Taken by MTE
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-DC9F9AE167601CF6 - Taken by fenners
Humanity Asset -- MB-B40E4FD873EEC8A6
Ampu-Tea -- MB-BA737F08E335690B - Taken by Kifimbo
Soulbringer #2 -- MB-F4EDCCA467ED910C - Taken by Roboleon
Chompy Chomp Chomp #2 -- MB-BD07E4277E7BB190 - Taken by Gunstarheroes
Manhunter -- MB-79031AEAB0BD028B - Taken by drakaenae
Desert Thunder #2 -- MB-1B7A09F4D77042E7 - Taken by ReduxMachine
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-CF2FA468477FCB75 - Taken by Santini
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition #2 -- MB-77CDB1EE1F9B24B6 - Taken by fuzzy123
Desert Thunder -- MB-EE3A9A32310097F8 - Taken by illusionary
Hostile Waters -- MB-3238280BCDD6128B - Taken by tylergregg
Marine Sharpshooter II -- MB-908D55065A801959 - Taken by shackdaddy836
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malach -- MB-7B528CF94B9978DB - Taken by Dusk Golem
Grim Mind -- MB-5FD7D54BFA9FB0A5 - Taken by danhese007
Grimind -- MB-1D0A6274E65D6916 - Taken by Feel_The_Pain
Marine Sharpshooter II #2 -- MB-220DBF3D9838DD68 - Taken by Zia
Gun Metal -- MB-9BCD2D19B1ADEBF2 - Taken by Baust
Gun Metal #2 -- MB-CEEE0DE079FDBECE - Taken by A Fish Aficionado
Ampu-Tea #2 -- MB-11137677DA47423F - Taken by darkchewie
Soulbringer -- MB-E8BB8FFA64EA1A2B - Taken by Shadownet

would kill for CV on steam, that one is still special for me, had a japanese copy (but I think the game was in english?) back in the day

It surprises me that we haven't gotten this yet -- since they have CV HD on x360 and PS3... they used one of those to uprez RE4 HD, AFAIK, so the only reason I can think of for them not doing it yet is that it wasn't profitable enough to worry about spending resources on to gain PC audience sales.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Their Frankfurt, Budapest, Sofia, Istanbul, Shanghai, Kiev, and Seoul studios seem to have weathered the storm. The remains of Crytek Austin has been moved from game design to third party CryEngine support.

Aren't those studios all working on the F2P future on GFace?

Tellaerin

I forgot all about that. That probably did impact them in some way on more content. Though it still took them awhile to get all of that fixed. People definitely play it as a fantasy GTA. Makes me wonder how Rockstar would fare if they tried something with a fantasy setting.

I wish they (or Bethesda or whoever) would try doing something in a cyberpunk or space opera-ish vein. I'd love to play a GTA-like game set in some Blade Runner-inspired futuristic city, or explore a colony planet where the high-tech human settlements give way to alien wilderness the further out you go, filled with strange and dangerous creatures and alien ruins to explore. The closest we've come to that is the 3D Fallouts, but those are post-apocalyptic/retrofuture sf - it's just not the same.

Anteater

Ok I do NOT see the appeal in that Orange Juice game....

isn't it a board game? board games are hella fun with people

christ killer is dead looks pretty as hell, I've always wondered what killer 7 would look if it's made for modern hardwares, I'm glad this exists with similar artstyle.

Vibranium

Banned
So I really hope the REmake takes off on Steam, I will do my part in sharing and supporting it for sure. The cards and achievements will go a long way in helping, too.

Also, Skinny Chris is the best Chris, he actually looks normal and has to run away from boulders instead of punching them! I do like Roger Craig Smith as his current voice though.

maneil99

So I really hope the REmake takes off on Steam, I will do my part in sharing and supporting it for sure. The cards and achievements will go a long way in helping, too.

Also, Skinny Chris is the best Chris, he actually looks normal and has to run away from boulders instead of punching them! I do like Roger Craig Smith as his current voice though.

Never played any of the older RE games pre RE5, will give RE4 a try once I can afford it, looks good and heard decent things about it, just gotta pay off my car and insurance first.

I've already got two foils with idle master. That software is the greatest time saver. jshackles and Stumpokapow are the bestest of the best.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Aren't those studios all working on the F2P future on GFace?

Warface, Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age (Now at Crytek Frankfurt), and Arena of Fate specifically; or working on regional support for CryEngine and GFace. But this is the industry where development secrecy is thought to relate proportionally to sales figures, so all of this information could be out of date.

I'll post full impressions when I'm done with the game, but having won The Samaritan Paradox today, I'll simply say for now that I've put in three hours and it's really engaging, not just for a point and click, but for a game period. I'm surprised I haven't heard about it before. It also seems to be this company's first game, so I'll be really interested to see if more come out of this studio.

Grief.exe

Has actually become my most anticipated game. I've never played the original Resident Evil before and I know this will be quite the experience,

zkylon

zkylewd
Has actually become my most anticipated game. I've never played the original Resident Evil before and I know this will be quite the experience,

original was really good at least

spiders have prevented me from replaying it but i really liked it, tho cheesyness will be sorely missed

wish it had like an old mode like the monkey island remakes

best re is 2, tho. but again, spiders :/

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ballpoint Universe -- MB-76BF504B5F3C5D92 - Taken by Andrefpvs

How is that a fucking nitpick?

dem rifle reloads bruh come on

The 30fps rifle reloads are a real nuisance, I have to agree here. Had to set the game to 30fps which is at least not inferior to the original. For the life of me I coudn't stomach to see the 30fps animations at 60fps. It didn't look pretty at all and gave me headaches after a while.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Ashamed to say I have all of those...plus more. I see the word Simulator and its basically insta-sale.

Do you play them, or is it to satisfy a need to have a complete collection?

Nice try, Sub, but I'm not going to enter your giveaway, either. ;)

This rule really dampers much of your interest anyway.

-I will not buy any removed games that require searching for copies on trading sites

Expressing interest is the only way publishers are going to listen. Off the top of my head, I've contacted:

- Ubisoft about Anno 1404 (which actually went somewhere), King Kong, Tintin, Anno 1701 and the classic Rainbow Six games (Ubi forum thread here -- feel free to bump it)
- Bethesda about Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
- Merge about Commandos: Strike Force
- MumboJumbo about SiN Gold
- Wizards of the Coast about its D&D catalogue

SiN & SiN Multiplayer is still purchasable as a free addition to a purchase of SiN Episodes: Emergence. But considering you already have the game, SiN Gold is a entirely different sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom