• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got these decaying.

If anyone wants them, just say and I'll send them your way.

Also, I got 25% voucher on Greenmangaming for following:
Dark Souls II Season Pass > 18,75 €,
Shadow of Mordor > 37,50 €,
Assassin's Creed Unity > 45 €,
Far Cry 4 > 45 €,
Alien Isolation > 37,50 €,
Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition > 33,75 €,
Ultimate Street Fighter IV, Kick-Ass 2 and Gauntlet.

Quote to get voucher-code.

I've had Zombie Driver HD on my wishlist for a while, so i'll gladly use it!

Lomax

It amazes me how much mileage people are still getting out of Skyrim.
I know a lot of it is thanks to mods but it's still pretty crazy. People play it by themselves like it's an MMO. Considering ESO isn't all that hot I wonder if perhaps Bethesda would put coop in the next game. Not even story coop. Just perhaps the world with it's own sort of missions and objectives for when you play with friends.

I'd be surprised if the next Elder Scrolls doesn't have a season pass with at least double the DLC packs.

I think most people I know who play Skyrim play it like a fantasy version of GTA, start it up, mess around in it for a while, ignore the actual story or plot, and never really accomplish anything. Oddly enough, Oblivion actually had more DLC (we all remember horse armor, but there were like 8 minor dlc in addition to the expansion). I think there was such a backlash against the horse armor that Bethesda just tried to be more cautious with Skyrim. There were also all those PS3 issues that I'm sure impacted their ability and desire to develop stuff.

Deitus

well thats silly

Yeah. Here's a post I just found on the updater client:

Updates on Character Creation Restrictions can be found here.
During periods of high congestion, we may institute a temporary restriction on the creation of new characters.
This information will be updated at the following intervals:
4:00 a.m./ 8:00 a.m./ 1:00 p.m./ 6:00 p.m./ 11:00 p.m. (PDT)

○:Character Creation Possible ×:Character Creation Restricted
- North American/European data center
 × Gilgamesh

So yeah. Would it be better to pick a different server?

Edit: Unless I'm reading this wrong, if you want to join the Gilgamesh server, you would need to wait until 11 PM PST (3 hours from now), and hope that it's no longer on the restricted list then.

Jawmuncher

I think most people I know who play Skyrim play it like a fantasy version of GTA, start it up, mess around in it for a while, ignore the actual story or plot, and never really accomplish anything. Oddly enough, Oblivion actually had more DLC (we all remember horse armor, but there were like 8 minor dlc in addition to the expansion). I think there was such a backlash against the horse armor that Bethesda just tried to be more cautious with Skyrim. There were also all those PS3 issues that I'm sure impacted their ability and desire to develop stuff.

I forgot all about that. That probably did impact them in some way on more content. Though it still took them awhile to get all of that fixed. People definitely play it as a fantasy GTA. Makes me wonder how Rockstar would fare if they tried something with a fantasy setting.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Games on the PC have taken a interesting if not odd approach to niche genres. While console's have seen a proliferation of exclusives in the expected genres, PC's have seen a flurry of games that can best be described as simulating the mundanity of life. "Warehouse & Logistics Simulator" or "Airport Simulator" do not seem like candidates for actual games, yet these two exist among other types of "Simulators".

For Railfans, or someone interested in finding out what the attraction is, there are also a few stand alone versions of the Trainz series available. I'm not as familiar with the series, but reviews seem to indicate they are a decent introduction into the genre.

All of the keys should be unused. If they are not, I do apologize, Steam does not offer a easy way to validate them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Casimir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warehouse and Logistics Simulator -- MB-61BE42C9636C2084 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Professional Farmer 2014 -- MB-1541C7D5328FAF43 - Taken by PossumMeat. 1 entrants total.
Towtruck Simulator 2015 -- MB-FDF97F638C0DF414 - Taken by Soule. 3 entrants total.
Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming -- MB-C40CE28BD2B8CD66 - Taken by Gurrry. 2 entrants total.
Woodcutter Simulator 2013 Gold Edition -- MB-166DA1ACE3340B33 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 5 entrants total.
Bridge It (Plus) -- MB-87DAD5DF4399AF49 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
Skyscraper Simulator -- MB-3EFF0BD7B9C028AB - Taken by xeris. 1 entrants total.
Airport Simulator 2014 -- MB-C458A985A107D862 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 3 entrants total.

Trainz: Murchison 2 -- MB-08B74B663C0A1694 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
Trainz: Classic Cabon City -- MB-0F654AF20C92A073 - Taken by xeris. 3 entrants total.
Trainz: Settle & Carlisle -- MB-C9198499E44EDE26 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.

t1407293743z1.png

*You would think that upon seeing the collection for purchase, I bought the set to satisfy my personal curiosity. Only later in a drunken state, having forgotten my previous purchase, bought the set a second time. I want to say that there is no evidence of this occurring that any of you can prove.

maneil99

Props to shadownet because PayPal hates canadians, if no fees come up from my bank (Was 5$ each transaction last time) I might do more

ModBot said:
Instructions for maneil99:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 27 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maneil99, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Manhunter #2 -- MB-A2F06AD94DA0FAA2 - Taken by bobnowhere
Cobi Treasure Deluxe #2 -- MB-FF0344579F777DFD - Taken by lukiluk
Humanity Asset #2 -- MB-4B910FE79AEEBD33
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi -- MB-AC718843B60742BD - Taken by okiemok
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-A3D35D683B20B764
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-D9AA9CEF29F01E20 - Taken by bronson
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-2A20FAAB32361F85
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-DC9F9AE167601CF6
Humanity Asset -- MB-B40E4FD873EEC8A6
Ampu-Tea -- MB-BA737F08E335690B - Taken by Kifimbo
Soulbringer #2 -- MB-F4EDCCA467ED910C - Taken by Roboleon
Chompy Chomp Chomp #2 -- MB-BD07E4277E7BB190 - Taken by Gunstarheroes
Manhunter -- MB-79031AEAB0BD028B
Desert Thunder #2 -- MB-1B7A09F4D77042E7 - Taken by ReduxMachine
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-CF2FA468477FCB75 - Taken by Santini
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition #2 -- MB-77CDB1EE1F9B24B6 - Taken by fuzzy123
Desert Thunder -- MB-EE3A9A32310097F8 - Taken by illusionary
Hostile Waters -- MB-3238280BCDD6128B - Taken by tylergregg
Marine Sharpshooter II -- MB-908D55065A801959
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malach -- MB-7B528CF94B9978DB - Taken by Dusk Golem
Grim Mind -- MB-5FD7D54BFA9FB0A5
Grimind -- MB-1D0A6274E65D6916 - Taken by Feel_The_Pain
Marine Sharpshooter II #2 -- MB-220DBF3D9838DD68 - Taken by Zia
Gun Metal -- MB-9BCD2D19B1ADEBF2 - Taken by Baust
Gun Metal #2 -- MB-CEEE0DE079FDBECE - Taken by A Fish Aficionado
Ampu-Tea #2 -- MB-11137677DA47423F - Taken by darkchewie
Soulbringer -- MB-E8BB8FFA64EA1A2B - Taken by Shadownet

Gun Metal looks cool as fuck and Reals of the Haunted looks creepy 90's game

Bump for new page

Missed one

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-E1FE623514DD1B49 - Taken by shackdaddy836

neoemonk

FF XIV is a good looking and competent MMO. It's fun to play with friends. I got to around level 20 before I lost interest in the game. I might go back at some point.

neoemonk

This is pretty much exactly how I play it. I got farther along in the Thieves Guild quests than I did in the storyline. I keep saying I'm going back at some point but I don't know if I ever will. I have so many other games I've never even installed.

saunderez

Games on the PC have taken a interesting if not odd approach to niche genres. While console's have seen a proliferation of exclusives in the expected genres, PC's have seen a flurry of games that can best be described as simulating the mundanity of life. Simulating "Warehouse & Logistics Simulator" or "Airport Simulator" do not seem like candidates for actual games, yet these two exist among other types of "Simulators".

Ashamed to say I have all of those...plus more. I see the word Simulator and its basically insta-sale.

Not bad....I've been doing ok with my trading card sales lately - got 2 keys worth yesterday, on track to get another 2 keys today. One day these keys are gonna get converted into cold hard games. Just biding my time......
This reminds me. I am thinking of streaming Stanley Parable you gifted me
<3
Want to preserve the experience I'll have with interesting games like this, Antichamber etc.
Just hope OBS doesn't put too much strain.
the best there is
the best there was
the best there ever will be
https://i.imgur.com/WH30N8q.png
(my review, not the game)
How did you get so many reviews votes? Was your review the first ever?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Ballpoint Universe-Infinite -- MB-CABBC6D68F7196CC - Taken by Darth Kupi

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Ballpoint Universe-Infinite #2 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

saunderez

This reminds me. I am thinking of streaming Stanley Parable you gifted me
<3
Want to preserve the experience I'll have with interesting games like this, Antichamber etc.
Just hope OBS doesn't put too much strain.

At a low enough resolution OBS might be right. I do all my recording at 1080p/60fps and use OpenCL but obviously you're not gonna be streaming at that resolution and framerate.

iosefe

Yeah. Here's a post I just found on the updater client:

So yeah. Would it be better to pick a different server?

Edit: Unless I'm reading this wrong, if you want to join the Gilgamesh server, you would need to wait until 11 PM PST (3 hours from now), and hope that it's no longer on the restricted list then.

basically...try again tomorrow

Jawmuncher

Booted up some REmake on Dolphin after the new announcement pumped me up.
Can't wait to play it again but with actual steam achievements and cards. Not to mention mods.

I will say this though as -MD- said those going in blind and have never played it before are in for a treat. I was messing around just too see how it played with a 360 controller (just fine) and realized I wasn't scared at all because of how much I had played it before. Even though I still suck at it.

Salsa

that stump review is spot on

state of decay just completely deflated till it ended on a wet fart of a game

but the first few hours were great and really promising

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've been playing it recently, and it's okay. It's a weird RPG-adventure novel/choose your own adventure novel hybrid. For every interesting thing it does, there's also part of it that feels kind of bland, or at least in the first hour and a half of it that I've played.

what pork said. its aso been bundled a lot and im sure it will again

Booted up some REmake on Dolphin after the new announcement pumped me up.
Can't wait to play it again but with actual steam achievements and cards. Not to mention mods.

I will say this though as -MD- said those going in blind and have never played it before are in for a treat. I was messing around just too see how it played with a 360 controller (just fine) and realized I wasn't scared at all because of how much I had played it before. Even though I still suck at it.
The new control scheme will be a good entry point for newer players too. DID CVX HD have the new analog controls?

Mono

Reposting before I
possibly
go to bed!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-3F0FCBE380521C98 - Taken by Xclash. 135 entrants total.

t1407349602z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
the best there is
the best there was
the best there ever will be

WH30N8q.png

(my review, not the game)

I feel like this is a test. I thought it was a useful review and I'm pretty sure I gave it a thumbs up on Steam, but now how am I not suppose to feel temptation to give it a thumbs down?

I am 99% sure this will still be available tomorrow when I wake up.
But maybe there is someone who wants it from Desura.
ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-8CEBC9FC26ADECFA - Taken by TheMadMan007
Goodnight.

Jawmuncher

The new control scheme will be a good entry point for newer players too. DID CVX HD have the new analog controls?

Unless I missed something i'm pretty sure the controls were untouched in CVX.
But yeah the revamped controls should help a lot of people who still have trouble. But i'm curious just how much they could change the game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So any early buzz on the new Gauntlet game? Hoping it's like Legends.

I found a Game Informer article that looks at a recent demo, though it focuses mainly on the classes available. It sounds sort of promising. YMMV depending on how much you trust GI, of course.

Don't read the comment section though.

All this 100% Orange Juice talk. What made this game all of a sudden become popular? Just a late bloomer?

It was in a bundle.

Jawmuncher

All this 100% Orange Juice talk. What made this game all of a sudden become popular? Just a late bloomer?

It was growing traction on SteamGAF for awhile now. It blew up since it's part of the groupees build a bundle currently going on. Its a pretty fun board game with easy rules to follow. Helps a lot that it's online so a lot of SteamGAF plays from time to time.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I was savoring the salty tears in that Ryse graphics thread and it made me wonder if that game had a similar contract to Dead Rising 3 with MS. We know MS doesn't own the IP (part of why they pulled out of funding Ryse 2) so it would be pretty sweet if we got a late port as Crytek tries to save themselves.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I was savoring the salty tears in that Ryse graphics thread and it made me wonder if that game had a similar contract to Dead Rising 3 with MS. We know MS doesn't own the IP (part of why they pulled out of funding Ryse 2) so it would be pretty sweet if we got a late port as Crytek tries to save themselves.

does crytek still have any employees to port the game

Jawmuncher

I said this a few months ago and was wondering the same thing. The game was fun and if they priced it at 30-40 with all of the DLC it would be a fair deal. Though as Stump said considering their situation if we do get it, it probably won't be Crytek porting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom