• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

Because I played the FFXIV Beta on PS4 I'm not eligible for a free trial. :\

I guess I'll make a temp account and if I decide to buy it I'll use my original account. What a pain.

Crap, I played the FFXIV beta too. They shouldn't count that though, it was literally a completely different game back then. I guess I could go the temp account as well.

Still trying to decide if I should risk getting sucked in though.

maneil99

Props to shadownet because PayPal hates canadians, if no fees come up from my bank (Was 5$ each transaction last time) I might do more

ModBot said:
Instructions for maneil99:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 27 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maneil99, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Manhunter #2 -- MB-A2F06AD94DA0FAA2 - Taken by bobnowhere
Cobi Treasure Deluxe #2 -- MB-FF0344579F777DFD - Taken by lukiluk
Humanity Asset #2 -- MB-4B910FE79AEEBD33
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi -- MB-AC718843B60742BD - Taken by okiemok
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-A3D35D683B20B764 - Taken by Pop
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-D9AA9CEF29F01E20 - Taken by bronson
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-2A20FAAB32361F85 - Taken by MTE
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-DC9F9AE167601CF6 - Taken by fenners
Humanity Asset -- MB-B40E4FD873EEC8A6
Ampu-Tea -- MB-BA737F08E335690B - Taken by Kifimbo
Soulbringer #2 -- MB-F4EDCCA467ED910C - Taken by Roboleon
Chompy Chomp Chomp #2 -- MB-BD07E4277E7BB190 - Taken by Gunstarheroes
Manhunter -- MB-79031AEAB0BD028B - Taken by drakaenae
Desert Thunder #2 -- MB-1B7A09F4D77042E7 - Taken by ReduxMachine
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-CF2FA468477FCB75 - Taken by Santini
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition #2 -- MB-77CDB1EE1F9B24B6 - Taken by fuzzy123
Desert Thunder -- MB-EE3A9A32310097F8 - Taken by illusionary
Hostile Waters -- MB-3238280BCDD6128B - Taken by tylergregg
Marine Sharpshooter II -- MB-908D55065A801959 - Taken by shackdaddy836
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malach -- MB-7B528CF94B9978DB - Taken by Dusk Golem
Grim Mind -- MB-5FD7D54BFA9FB0A5 - Taken by danhese007
Grimind -- MB-1D0A6274E65D6916 - Taken by Feel_The_Pain
Marine Sharpshooter II #2 -- MB-220DBF3D9838DD68 - Taken by Zia
Gun Metal -- MB-9BCD2D19B1ADEBF2 - Taken by Baust
Gun Metal #2 -- MB-CEEE0DE079FDBECE - Taken by A Fish Aficionado
Ampu-Tea #2 -- MB-11137677DA47423F - Taken by darkchewie
Soulbringer -- MB-E8BB8FFA64EA1A2B - Taken by Shadownet

Gun Metal looks cool as fuck and Reals of the Haunted looks creepy 90's game

fenners

Idlemaster has run out of games to idle.

I'm kind of sad now.

I hit that point the other day. I'd been manually idling games & playing the weird random indie games from bundles for a couple of months before.I don't really miss it & now have $13 in my Steam Wallet (and 9 pages of cards remaining to sell/use in the next Steam Sale...).

Still a little sad to see that "0 cards remaining".

Oublieux

SteamGAF I have some sort of malware and it's not going away! I don't know where to post this so I'm just going to ask here.

Does anyone have any experience trying to remove nextcoup or pricechop malware?

It's really pissing me off. I've tried several ways to delete but every time I reboot my browser it comes back as extensions... It's so annoying.
Any advice?

Try a combination of Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes, the latter is a really good tool.

Also this: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/nextcoup-virus-removal/

Dingotech

I tried that program as well and it detected and deleted it.

But still shows up in my browser.

Try running HijackThis and paste the log into an analysis webpage.

It will point out pretty quickly any processes that might be suspect. Just be very careful what you 'fix' using the program, you can break things with it easily.

Yo, i just got back from seeing DBZ in a real movie theater, my childhood is pretty pumped with that.

On-topic, i've been debating on getting Dark Scavenger since its cheap and looks like it could be fun. Anyone play it? I may just get it and stream it anyways, but if anyone wants to steer me away from it, now would be the time.

Go nuts.

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MMBosstones86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause -- MB-3A100935F55F83F0 - Taken by adaen. 1 entrants total.
Anachronox -- MB-510794B023247072 - Taken by Baron von Loathsome. 4 entrants total.
XCOM : Enforcer -- MB-B6EDCF95C314DC2A - Taken by Ezalc. 2 entrants total.
Daikatana -- MB-1E919BAF354259E5 - Taken by Soule. 2 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-C88FFD7E6F02A9DE - Taken by eek5. 3 entrants total.
The Last Remnant 2 -- MB-59733DC90E3AE1BE - Taken by chronomac. 3 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-DD60E2FF92CEF706 - Taken by KingDirk. 1 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-EBA3EBD4B487AB3F - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
XCOM : Interceptor -- MB-8DEAFF93A4777223 - Taken by sprinkles. 1 entrants total.
Hitman : Contracts -- MB-B6F6540F8B119B98 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 5 entrants total.
XCOM : Apocalypse -- MB-0E2C794203E8D270 - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 2 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-CBF0DF85460190F8 - Taken by Uni on Everything!. 3 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-A691CF6963CEDADB - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 2 entrants total.
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-DF86C5DE3D307AAD - Taken by The Dear Leader. 2 entrants total.
Hitman : Blood Money -- MB-0FB93781A3FFAF63 - Taken by cardinalmind. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Anachronox was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for XCOM : Enforcer was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Daikatana was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Thief Gold was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bioshock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for XCOM : Interceptor was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for XCOM : Apocalypse was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hitman 2: Silent Assassin was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Nosgoth Veteran Pack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1407290623z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ape no kill ape bro

Duck, duck, death.

Try a combination of Microsoft Security Essentials and Malware Bytes, the latter is a really good tool.

I would add CCLeaner as well. Great tool for removing useless or unneeded files on the computer that just pile up from use, especially cookies or redundant registries that aren't used at all.

For major issues, or when one wants to be certain something is removed, HiJack This is the way to go. If one is not confident in their knowledge of computer files, registrations, and computer paths, use Help2Go website to tell you plainly what you can remove safely and nothing else.

Turfster

Man, the
Deathstroke
boss 'fight' in Origins is one of the worst fucking ones I've ever played. It's just a stupid waiting game/QTE bullshit thing that goes on FOREVER.

Nabs

Man, the
Deathstroke
boss 'fight' in Origins is one of the worst fucking ones I've ever played. It's just a stupid waiting game/QTE bullshit thing that goes on FOREVER.

If you're feeling that way, you need to chill and figure out what you're doing wrong.

1bDuTrL.png

Thanks jshackles and iDLEM@STER!

OT: Just watched Oblivion with Tom Cruise. Great movie. The tech, the setting, perfect for a video game. Just like District 9. Why don't we get video game adaptions from suitable movies more often? Direct adaption wouldn't work most of the time. Spin-off/same universe would be fitting for so many movies.
Had some scientology vibes though. Is After Earth with Will Smith any good?

Turfster

If you're feeling that way, you need to chill and figure out what you're doing wrong.

I know what I'm doing wrong, I'm expecting a non-bullshit 'fight'.
The stupid wait for counter this time you can hit him 3 times after you succeeded! wait for counter oh you succeeded goo - HA HA THIS TIME YOU ONLY GOT THE ONE HIT AND YOU GOT YOUR ASS BEAT DOWN DURING THE EXACT SAME FUCKING ANIMATION FUCK YOU PLAYER shit is getting really old, especially since I've already done two fucking "stages" of this crap and broken his stupid little stick.

Man, the
Deathstroke

I found it pretty anticlimactic. Given all the promo trailers and shit, I was expecting a pretty sweet fight (or at least memorable). I found it pretty easy once you figure out it a QTE-fest.

But yeah, it went pretty long.

Jawmuncher

Hugs I would personally go with what's on sale. When you want a trio of games that's the easiest way to go about it in my book. Since everything will get cheaper sooner or later.

As for KiD from what I played on 360 its a fun game. Especially if you've ever dabbled in Suda game since this continues his style and is more akin to NMH than Lollipop Chainsaw.
The dating mode you don't HAVE to dabble in but you do get some unlocks from it. If you can find frosts impressions hell have the best overall view on it.

I thought this was kind of cool (Colin McRae Rally):

To process a refund, please go to your account transactions page and you will see a “Refund” button for Colin McRae Rally.
Now that we know Steam has this capability, it should be available for all games for a brief period of time (30 or 60 minutes) IMO for those games that just flat out won't run, are buggy messes, etc.

It probably wouldn't be doable for games you get outside of the Steam store though.

HR just had you building more generally, it was an FPS that happened to have upgrades in it. It works, but it funnels me into playing it kind of the same every time.

I play the same way every time in games anyway. I sure wouldn't try playing through this in any different way.

There's no way I'd choose different augs than what I did. There was a choice, but one was so ridiculously more useful than the other. The game flooded me with tech tools and lockpicks so the levels I invested into them seemed wasted. Swimming and environmental resistance are jokes. You don't need the weapon skills to be effective with them, etc. You can easily play a jack of all trades character like I did, so replaying it with a different and exclusive set-up would feel to me like I'm gimping myself super hard. I just don't do that in games.

Really if they wanted to make it more replay-able, Stealth should have been an upgrade slot. An expensive one too. As it is, any character build can just sneak through everything no problem. Largely due to the enemies' 2 degree wide vision cone. I mean, I played on realistic and stealth made it seem like a game made for babies.

I was also disappointed after trying so hard to not kill anyone at the start, Navarre going on her shooting spree in Fort Clinton made everyone think I was a maniac. And then no one mentioned or cared how I killed probably every enemy from then on. Especially once I got the Red Dragon sword, which is definitely the coolest weapon in the game, and made me wish Human Revolution had melee weapons rather than "sit and wait for my melee juice to recharge".

I can see how it was revolutionary at the time, it's just the action of the game is far too rough for me to enjoy it. If they took Human Revolution, added melee weapons, and re-made Deus Ex's levels with some interesting architecture and acceptable AI, I could see myself enjoying it like I did Human Revolution. The NPC responses to my actions and the choice for a frontal assault or going through the sewers was not enough for me to enjoy it, and did not represent the freedom of choice I envisioned as so many hyped this game up to have.

Also I no question preferred Human Revolution's hacking minigame to me pressing the hack button.

And thanks to you, Rickenslacker. Without that .exe you linked me, the game would have been played with this weird slowdown and mis-sized UI that I guarantee dissuaded me from continuing as far as this many times before. I wonder what causes that slowdown bug.

Ah well. At least I played it, and appreciate it for what it did for the genre. And that main menu music is still killer. Next stop on my list of games to give a second chance, Morrowind, with similarly killer main menu music.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I know what I'm doing wrong, I'm expecting a non-bullshit 'fight'.
The stupid wait for counter this time you can hit him 3 times after you succeeded! wait for counter oh you succeeded goo - HA HA THIS TIME YOU ONLY GOT THE ONE HIT AND YOU GOT YOUR ASS BEAT DOWN DURING THE EXACT SAME FUCKING ANIMATION FUCK YOU PLAYER shit is getting really old, especially since I've already done two fucking "stages" of this crap and broken his stupid little stick.

Lol you can do an absurd amount of damage if you know how to attack him outside the QTEs. Going for the no hit achievement taught me a lot about the fight and how small a role the QTE stuff plays and also that most people are scrubs at these games.

Hey guys, I just found one of the saddest comments on Youtube. Was watching a performance video for the Radeon 7790 (closest card to 260X) and this was in the comments:
How is that sad? That's literally the best thing about PC gaming.

Nabs

I found it pretty anticlimactic. Given all the promo trailers and shit, I was expecting a pretty sweet fight (or at least memorable). I found it pretty easy once you figure out it a QTE-fest.

But yeah, it went pretty long.

It's not a QTE-fest if you use your equipment correctly. It can also be incredibly short.

Jawmuncher

It amazes me how much mileage people are still getting out of Skyrim.
I know a lot of it is thanks to mods but it's still pretty crazy. People play it by themselves like it's an MMO. Considering ESO isn't all that hot I wonder if perhaps Bethesda would put coop in the next game. Not even story coop. Just perhaps the world with it's own sort of missions and objectives for when you play with friends.

tylerf

I know a lot of it is thanks to mods but it's still pretty crazy. People play it by themselves like it's an MMO. Considering ESO isn't all that hot I wonder if perhaps Bethesda would put coop in the next game. Not even story coop. Just perhaps the world with it's own sort of missions and objectives for when you play with friends.

I think part of it is that modding a game like that almost turns into a game by itself. I know a few people who will spend hours and hours arranging mods and graphic enhancements only to tear it all apart and do it again after playing for a while.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
On-topic, i've been debating on getting Dark Scavenger since its cheap and looks like it could be fun. Anyone play it? I may just get it and stream it anyways, but if anyone wants to steer me away from it, now would be the time.

I've been playing it recently, and it's okay. It's a weird RPG-adventure novel/choose your own adventure novel hybrid. For every interesting thing it does, there's also part of it that feels kind of bland, or at least in the first hour and a half of it that I've played.

I think part of it is that modding a game like that almost turns into a game by itself. I know a few people who will spend hours and hours arranging mods and graphic enhancements only to tear it all apart and do it again after playing for a while.

I do that.

It's actually a sickness.

yuraya

It is indeed amazing. What I've always couldn't understand is why did Bethesda stop releasing DLC for it? That is a game that will easily be played well into the next decade (imo). Has a lot of longevity. They should have continued supporting it.

Deitus

Whelp, I did it. I broke down and decided to jump on the FFXIV trial train. The rest of you guys doing this are going on the Gilgamesh server right?

My client definitely won't finish downloading tonight, but I'll try to join up with you guys another time.

iosefe

Whelp, I did it. I broke down and decided to jump on the FFXIV trial train. The rest of you guys doing this are going on the Gilgamesh server right?

My client definitely won't finish downloading tonight, but I'll try to join up with you guys another time.

yup. gilgamesh.

so...guardian deities?

It is indeed amazing. What I've always couldn't understand is why did Bethesda stop releasing DLC for it? That is a game that will easily be played well into the next decade (imo). Has a lot of longevity. They should have continued supporting it.

It's because they're busy working on Fallout 4 or the next singleplayer ES.

right? I hope so.

Jawmuncher

I'd be surprised if the next Elder Scrolls doesn't have a season pass with at least double the DLC packs.

The most fun I had with FF14 was making my character. I just can't do MMOs very long before I feel like I should play something else.

Momentary

Banned
Gotta say that Dungeon of the Endless is becoming pretty addictive. I just wish there was more to it in terms of character abilities.

I got these decaying.
If anyone wants them, just say and I'll send them your way.

Also, I got 25% voucher on Greenmangaming for following:
Dark Souls II Season Pass > 18,75 €,
Shadow of Mordor > 37,50 €,
Assassin's Creed Unity > 45 €,
Far Cry 4 > 45 €,
Alien Isolation > 37,50 €,
Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition > 33,75 €,
Ultimate Street Fighter IV, Kick-Ass 2 and Gauntlet.

Quote to get voucher-code.

Welp managed to embarrass myself in that last round of CSGO. All terrorists dead and I'm walking around thinking there's still one guy left and the bomb blew up in my face :(

Was good fun to play with you folks though. Sorry if my ping messed up some of your kills :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom