• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just got reminded me why I should not in fact commit account suicide, even if Ive felt like it lately. I love Gaf sometimes, you can find anything here

anyway, groupees bonus games continue to disapoint, at least theres a new indieroyale today (and a new groupees aswell but that one seems like a bust)

edit: oh by the way, i am NOT feeling Seperate Ways at all, in fact im just skipping most of the zombies, I just want it to be over with :/

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wish there were more old resident evil-like games being released through kickstarter or something

a couple years ago i played re2 again up until the scary part and to me it holds up really well (you know, not counting what was already clunky at the time).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lucky, you are in for a treat when you play REmake HD

Resident Evil 0 or bust capcom! Zombies on a train motherfucker!

...I liked 0, screw you guys :( then again at that time I was huge into RE so I might have a bit of the old rose tinted glasses syndrome going on

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
i really wish there were more old resident evil-like games being released through kickstarter or something

a couple years ago i played re2 again up until the scary part and to me it holds up really well (you know, not counting what was already clunky at the time).

dusk golem wrote about a turkish? game that stole liberally from RE. Can't remember the name, but I'm sure he would be able to point you in the right direction.

If it ends up being 20 bucks im gonna buy like 3 copies.

I assume $29.99. No way to be disappointed then.

it really is. I shouldn't have any scars remaining if I give it time)

Our scars make us know that our past was for real.

---

Welcome back.

Games on the PC have taken a interesting if not odd approach to niche genres. While console's have seen a proliferation of exclusives in the expected genres, PC's have seen a flurry of games that can best be described as simulating the mundanity of life. "Warehouse & Logistics Simulator" or "Airport Simulator" do not seem like candidates for actual games, yet these two exist among other types of "Simulators".

For Railfans, or someone interested in finding out what the attraction is, there are also a few stand alone versions of the Trainz series available. I'm not as familiar with the series, but reviews seem to indicate they are a decent introduction into the genre.

All of the keys should be unused. If they are not, I do apologize, Steam does not offer a easy way to validate them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Casimir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warehouse and Logistics Simulator -- MB-61BE42C9636C2084 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Professional Farmer 2014 -- MB-1541C7D5328FAF43 - Taken by PossumMeat. 1 entrants total.
Towtruck Simulator 2015 -- MB-FDF97F638C0DF414 - Taken by Soule. 3 entrants total.
Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming -- MB-C40CE28BD2B8CD66 - Taken by Gurrry. 2 entrants total.
Woodcutter Simulator 2013 Gold Edition -- MB-166DA1ACE3340B33 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 5 entrants total.
Bridge It (Plus) -- MB-87DAD5DF4399AF49 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
Skyscraper Simulator -- MB-3EFF0BD7B9C028AB - Taken by xeris. 1 entrants total.
Airport Simulator 2014 -- MB-C458A985A107D862 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 3 entrants total.

Trainz: Murchison 2 -- MB-08B74B663C0A1694 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
Trainz: Classic Cabon City -- MB-0F654AF20C92A073 - Taken by xeris. 3 entrants total.
Trainz: Settle & Carlisle -- MB-C9198499E44EDE26 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.

t1407293743z1.png

*You would think that upon seeing the collection for purchase, I bought the set to satisfy my personal curiosity. Only later in a drunken state, having forgotten my previous purchase, bought the set a second time. I want to say that there is no evidence of this occurring that any of you can prove.

...I liked 0, screw you guys :( then again at that time I was huge into RE so I might have a bit of the old rose tinted glasses syndrome going on
I love the RE franchise and Zero isn't as bad as people say, though I'd still say it's easily the worst classic RE.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SiN & SiN Multiplayer is still purchasable as a free addition to a purchase of SiN Episodes: Emergence. But considering you already have the game, SiN Gold is a entirely different sub?

The version of SiN that's on Steam is slightly censored and lacks the expansion pack. SiN Gold fixes both of these issues and was released on GOG earlier in the year.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mono, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-3F0FCBE380521C98 - Taken by Xclash. 135 entrants total.

t1407349602z1.png

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the process of working on my Steam backlog, and was wondering what I should play next: Resident Evil 4, or FEAR 1.

JaseC

I'm in the process of working on my Steam backlog, and was wondering what I should play next: Resident Evil 4, or FEAR 1.

Toss a coin. You can't go wrong either way, although FEAR is roughly half the length of RE4, if it matters.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Play like FEAR 1 up to the office area because at that point you have seen all the game has to offer and then move on to RE4 which you should play to the end because it's a game with actual variety.

tylerf

Starting to hit a rut after around 55 hours in Divinity. Starting to feel more like "let's push through this" rather than "gotta keep playing". Longest any single game has held my attention for a while though so I'm not trying to be negative.

I've also been going through the single player campaign in Sonic Transformed now that I have a controller and it's a lot of fun. Haven't owned a Nintendo system in a long time so this is really the first kart racer I've played since the SNES.

Sober

Play like FEAR 1 up to the office area because at that point you have seen all the game has to offer and then move on to RE4 which you should play to the end because it's a game with actual variety.
That's when the armoured clones show up right?

Yeah pretty much stop there unless you just want to turn enemies into bloody mist clouds because of the shotgun.

saunderez

Do you play them, or is it to satisfy a need to have a complete collection?

I've played a fair chunk of them, but I can't even bring myself to load up stuff like Woodcutter Simulator, that's part of the collection addiction. Car Mechanic Simulator was a surprising one, that game is kinda cool.

Shadownet

Banned
I just played some Final Fantasy XIV: ARR.

omg I'm addicted. This thing is going to be a time sink, and my wallet is going to cry.

It look beautiful and the combat is a bit like Tera Online, which I like.

Sajjaja

I just played some Final Fantasy XIV: ARR.

omg I'm addicted. This thing is going to be a time sink, and my wallet is going to cry.

It look beautiful and the combat is a bit like Tera Online, which I like.
Yo man... I just finished my play session too... It's so good. I couldn't make a character on Gilgamesh so I did it on the one with a Z. Zelhara? Idk. This game is so good.

Vuze

Fuck those negative reviews on Mind: Path to Thalamus especially since they are on the "Most helpful" section right now...

"walking simulator trying too hard to be art. If you like Dear Esther, this is for you."
"I only encountered mild difficulty at best, beating the full game in just under 2 hours" (certainly you did, it probably takes more time to simply walk through the areas without puzzling lol)
Calling the game out for "bad game design" while at the same time admitting he had no idea what to do in the first puzzle and stopped after 1h lol

Shadownet

Banned
Yo man... I just finished my play session too... It's so good. I couldn't make a character on Gilgamesh so I did it on the one with a Z. Zelhara? Idk. This game is so good.

I'm not going to bed tonight until I get a character on Gilgamesh. I wanna play with Seven. Gilgamesh or bust.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Fuck those negative reviews on Mind: Path to Thalamus especially since they are on the "Most helpful" section right now...

"walking simulator trying too hard to be art. If you like Dear Esther, this is for you."
"I only encountered mild difficulty at best, beating the full game in just under 2 hours" (certainly you did, it probably takes more time to simply walk through the areas without puzzling lol)
"bad game design" while at the same time admitting he had no idea what to do in the puzzle lol

The guy who said it has bad game design is talking about one of the best parts of the opening
the fake out staircases
. It's really sad to see people not really have their heads on straight.

And the person saying it's a walking simulator is equally dumb. There are actually puzzles to progress.

Sometimes, I hate being associated with gamers.

hepburn3d

This should solve your problem, but no guarantees because I hate Windows 8 and it will probably defy me just to piss me off.

This kind of worked thanks. I've left Pinnacle as a game in Steam and launched from there as I think I prefer the fast start up. Don't know why steam takes so long to launch on windows 8. I say long, like 5/6 seconds, but it's noticeable when it's sat on the desktop waiting

Vuze

The guy who said it has bad game design is talking about one of the best parts of the opening
the fake out staircases
. It's really sad to see people not really have their heads on straight.

And the person saying it's a walking simulator is equally dumb. There are actually puzzles to progress.

Sometimes, I hate being associated with gamers.

I admit that at first I also thought this was a glitchy mess until I realized the solution and facepalmed :D So good.

And yes, so do I... Steam should really add some word counter restriction (200 words +) for reviews to reduce the amount of le funneh one liners.

Sarcasm

So..this ARR I can't find in the store...I assume I am region blocked. Why is everybody talking about it anyways? Is some event going on?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

0 was okay, but I remember not enjoying it as much as the other REs. I'd much rather have a remake/remaster/etc. of 2 and CVX than 0.

Calling the game out for "bad game design" while at the same time admitting he had no idea what to do in the first puzzle and stopped after 1h lol

Welcome to the Steam reviews of any game that's made up of walking and puzzles, unfortunately.

"Go by bus or take a walk through this exciting city area!"

Doesn't that sort of defeat the entire purpose of "Bus Simulator?" :p

Ozium

I have fond memories of Tokyo Bus Driver on the Dreamcast and that game that JaseC posted looks about 100x worse yet came out in 2009?

lol

Seanspeed

Banned
So I really hope the REmake takes off on Steam, I will do my part in sharing and supporting it for sure. The cards and achievements will go a long way in helping, too.

Also, Skinny Chris is the best Chris, he actually looks normal and has to run away from boulders instead of punching them! I do like Roger Craig Smith as his current voice though.
I've actually never played the original RE. I started with RE2, which was a good enough start, but would love to check out the first.

So will definitely be supporting it as well.

JaseC

"Go by bus or take a walk through this exciting city area!"

Doesn't that sort of defeat the entire purpose of "Bus Simulator?" :p

Maybe the walking is feature-limited so as to not steal attention away from the upcoming New York Walk Simulator. :p

Sarcasm

finee I'll join Zelara :p what class/race are you?

I think its only for EU, US and Japan players only. and no event. Kanokare just got me into the game, and then Sajjaja, Phoenix, Huggy and Iosefe got interested too.

I moved from US to Taiwan and a few things I noticed.

Taiwan IS pretty much Japan when it comes to games. We don't have our own consoles like China..we get the JP ones. Games? Either English or JP.

And oh no trial?

Ozium

Maybe the walking is feature-limited so as to not steal attention away from the upcoming New York Walk Simulator. :p

You joke but if there was a "spend a day in Dublin with Saoirse simulator" you'd not only buy a copy of the deluxe edition but you'd buy an Oculus Rift just for the occasion!

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom