• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
That sounds awesome!

I wish DC Universe Online was an arpg. Or a good game. :( I would totally jump on Marvel Heros if not for the fact that I'm not really a big fan of Mavel superheros outside of Deadpool, Spiderman, and half of the Avengers. I'm way too big of a DC nerd!

Whoa whoa what about X-men? :3 I love the X-men
-----------
I was going to get you Banner Saga but I guess you beat me to it!

I couldn't wait any longer, snapped, and bought it for myself yesterday! I love it WAY too much, omg! None of my abnormally high expectations have been crushed yet.

Great game, glad to see more people enjoying it as much as I did! I couldn't stop playing it haha.

Volimar

Btw, if you enjoyed GotG (and why wouldn't you) both Starlord and Rocket Raccoon are playable characters in Marvel Heroes. Rocket is a starter hero, one of the ones you can pick when first starting the game. Groot, Gamora and Drax are team up heroes.

Well shoo :3 I don't think I'll be able to do it. I barely play any of my games on time as it is.

You could do what I did. Link your account and just go on with your life. I've got like $2-$3 I think, without even paying attention to what the rewards are.

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Khronico, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ballpoint Universe -- MB-25272A754566F6B9
Fall Weiss -- MB-B75117295F8EF19D

I have 100% Orange Juice now and I'm not sure what it is exactly. All I know is we should all play it sometime.

Sendou

So I stumbled across this in the Shovel Knight thread and rolled my eyes:

gA0ddq9.png

You released your game 8 months later on Steam with zero hype or interest because all you did was cry about how hard Greenlight was for you (shocker, your game doesn't really stand out in a lineup) and the game itself has one of the ugliest color palettes I have ever seen. No shit it isn't going to make you rich.

ss_180dbb120d0f8d4924929707bfac2230fb60feca.600x338.jpg

Is this the game?

Generic 2D platformer #10919585?

Basically. I bought this game on 3DS and let me tell you one thing: it's exactly what it looks. Art isn't interesting. Music isn't good or memorable. When it comes to the actual gameplay the game does nothing interesting with a few weird and a couple of bad design choices quickly making you want to drop it. It gets hard but not in an interesting way. Renegade Kid games make cash on Nintendo platforms because they have a limited selection.

A little something to get us started...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider: Legend -- MB-21DF254E84B7E95B - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Tomb Raider: Underworld -- MB-0DD3192E1180FD71 - Taken by alr1ght. 5 entrants total.
Tomb Raider: Anniversary -- MB-F77696F008B23F96 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 6 entrants total.

t1407341024z1.png

Mono

Whoa whoa what about X-men? :3 I love the X-men
-----------
I was going to get you Banner Saga but I guess you beat me to it!

I'm so out of the Marvel loop that I forgot they owned X-Men! X-Men is cool! Magneto is definitely in my top ten favorite villians list, but my favorite thing about the series is the extreme nature in which Professor X and Magneto think they're the hero. And the Avengers cross-overs. Awesome!

Why isn't there a
good
X-Men game?

And omg, you've already spent too much money on me, silly! But thanks! \o/

Thorgal

Question on a Modbot rule :

- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Does that mean from the Moment he came online or is there a cutoff date ?

My last give away was last year somewhere .

BHK3

Banned
That's really weird. Try clearing all of your cookies and data for the site?

If you're using Disconnect and/or an ad blocker, that sometimes screws up websites as well, so try whitelisting Playfire!

Well that worked, I sign in, than the page I linked eariler appears again and tells me my password is wrong...I'll open up a ticket and see what happens. Hunk of god damn junk better give me GMG credits.

Knurek

How does it fare at 1080p/60fps? Good settings possible and how long do you think it'll be passable?
I planned on x70 series. But if x50/x60 is good for 1080p/60fps at good settings, it would save a lot.

There are tests for the card (Anandtech, Benchmark.pl, Eurogamer), although for some reason most of them are done in the Ultra+4xMSAA presets, which is somewhat stupid.
You don't buy a <$200 GPU and expect to hit 1080p60 @ highest setting.

Works fine so far on my 768p display, hadn't tried everything, but I gather it's possible to hit 60 fps with some IQ moderation here and there on just about every game out there.

Lomax

I'm so out of the Marvel loop that I forgot they owned X-Men! X-Men is cool! Magneto is definitely in my top ten favorite villians list, but my favorite thing about the series is the extreme nature in which Professor X and Magneto think they're the hero. And the Avengers cross-overs. Awesome!

Why isn't there a
good
X-Men game?

And omg, you've already spent too much money on me, silly! But thanks! \o/

The X-Men Legends games were great and would have been phenomenal on the PC. Maybe if they ever bring the series back we'll see a PC version.

Mono

Well that worked, I sign in, than the page I linked eariler appears again and tells me my password is wrong...I'll open up a ticket and see what happens. Hunk of god damn junk better give me GMG credits.

Trust me, it's a lot more finnicky on the inside. :X

But both X-Men Legends were good! And you can use Magneto in the second one.

66966-X-Men_Legends_USA_NGC-STINKYCUBE-8.jpg

The X-Men Legends games were great and would have been phenomenal on the PC. Maybe if they ever bring the series back we'll see a PC version.

Oh wow, I somehow completely missed this game, lol! I still have a Gamecube and PS2, so maybe I'll check it out if I can find it anywhere.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why isn't there a
good
X-Men game?

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is held in high regard. Last year there were a couple of reports that it popped up in the registry, but SteamDB says otherwise. I don't think some realise how easy it is to verify registry-related comments.

Kifimbo

Nothing special, just a good little game.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-3A51684616F651BD - Taken by Strazyplus

Nabs

Basically. I bought this game on 3DS and let me tell you one thing: it's exactly what it looks. Art isn't interesting. Music isn't good or memorable. When it comes to the actual gameplay the game does nothing interesting with a few weird and a couple of bad design choices quickly making you want to drop it. It gets hard but not in an interesting way. Renegade Kid games make cash on Nintendo platforms because they have a limited selection.

The cold hard truth.

Dr Dogg

Lara Croft 2's CE is a game + Season Pass bundle:

Also, Season Pass confirmed.

I'm curious as to the scope of this as the retail pricing I have seen so far is pointing to a full priced game.

Amazon UK have it at £34.99
To Shops have to at £34.85
Base £37.99 (might be a reseller account though)

That's about it for now so fingers crossed they are ambitious placeholders.

Shadownet

Banned
But both X-Men Legends were good! And you can use Magneto in the second one.

66966-X-Men_Legends_USA_NGC-STINKYCUBE-8.jpg

Yeah I was about to say Legends was pretty great.

My favorite is still Cyclops, hopefully the next X-men film will have him back in a leadership role.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Props to shadownet because PayPal hates canadians, if no fees come up from my bank (Was 5$ each transaction last time) I might do more

thanks for soulbringer (#2)! but the key was already used

DontBlink

I doubt we'll see another entry since the developer has unfortunately been doing CoD for the last couple of years.

Mono said:
Oh wow, I somehow completely missed this game, lol! I still have a Gamecube and PS2, so maybe I'll check it out if I can find it anywhere.

You definitely should, eBay prices are pretty cheap so you can get both for under $15.

Let's keep going, shall we?
(Note: Steam keys but still requires uPlay, I believe.)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Might and Magic X: Legacy Edition #3 -- MB-2B087B176F674AA9 - Taken by fspm. 15 entrants total.
Might and Magic X: Legacy Edition #2 -- MB-25E26670E1412CD9 - Taken by wilflare. 31 entrants total.
Might and Magic X: Legacy Edition -- MB-3918C2CA759FE5E9 - Taken by drakaenae. 12 entrants total.

t1407351704z1.png

It's been a little while since I had played enough to give some impressions. Here we go:

I finished Wolfenstein New Order the other day. On PS4, but it's a steam game too, so whatever. I am in the camp of finding it to be a pretty great first person shooter campaign, but not something that tempts me to give it GOTY status or anything. Got a bit more difficult than I expected, and then when I got to the boss of the game, PS4 error and save corruption meant I had to restart the level (at 1AM :p). Definitely recommended at a good price point.

I've then been meaning to start up Divinity, but since I only had 45 minutes of game time last night, I did another run through of Abyss Odyssey instead. I plan to pick it up for a playthrough each time the mask breaks, adding more content. The boss battle was just a bit different and tougher.

Then I downloaded Shovel Knight last night to play on my work breaks because I procrastinated a bit too much on ordering the sequel to the book I just finished. I played about an hour and a half this morning and I can see why the hype is there, although the movement is a bit slower than I expected. It seems to be very well designed as far as levels, collectibles, checkpoints, etc. And my god, the music. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom