• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontBlink

I wish I knew more about psychology to correctly predict which one of three identical keys will be the least one entered in a modbot giveaway.

Here's how I see it:
First Key is the obvious one so most people will not go for it (lowest amount of entries).
Second Key is a safe bet since it's in the middle, so why not (probably most entries).
Third Key will be selected by the confident/risk-takers (actually most entries).

Here's how I see it:
First Key is the obvious one so most people will not go for it (lowest amount of entries).
Second Key is a safe bet since it's in the middle, so why not (probably most entries).
Third Key will be selected by the confident/risk-takers (actually most entries).

Don't believe his lies, he wants the one with less entries for himself.

Porcupine

Here's how I see it:

pst, don't reveal it ;)

Mono

Here's how I see it:

Nice try, third-key-chooser!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mono, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-3F0FCBE380521C98 - Taken by Xclash. 135 entrants total.

t1407349602z1.png

Dr Dogg

I know some are seeing this as the generation of Definitive editions, some PC folks as the time of higher prices but on my recent browse over at Amazon (shamelessly coveting Sleepy Dawgs Definitive Edition naturally) I stumble across a couple of items that blow my mind anyone would even contemplate buying unless they are a bit barmy.

Assassin's Creed Unity: Prima Official Initiate Edition Strategy Guide

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition Strategy Guide

Yes that in and around £55 for a strategy guide and some tat. Remind me never to moan about the prices of Steam games in the UK again as that is less mental than these two items.

Lomax

It's unfortunate that the DoW Franchise Pack will never see a bigger discount. It went as low as $9.99 during the THQ days, but now that SEGA owns the rights, price drops like this ain't happening anymore

I was amazed when I saw I had Dawn of War 2 and the expansion from amazon for 5 bucks back in the day . Sure hasn't been that price in ages.

Yeah, I still regret not buying the Dawn of War II collection for $5 in that last Amazon January sale during the death of THQ. Though in fairness I still haven't gotten around to playing the first one.

Deitus

Yeah, I still regret not buying the Dawn of War II collection for $5 in that last Amazon January sale during the death of THQ. Though in fairness I still haven't gotten around to playing the first one.

I already have all the Dawn of War II games (I bought them when they were new), but I've missed so many opportunities to buy the DOW1 collection on sale. I suppose I should buy it now while it's on sale for $10, since it's unlikely to ever go lower than that.

Turfster

You can always try picking up bargain bin retail versions, Dawn of War keys should all register on Steam.

It's unfortunate that the DoW Franchise Pack will never see a bigger discount. It went as low as $9.99 during the THQ days, but now that SEGA owns the rights, price drops like this ain't happening anymore

I scooped it up one of those times. Loved the demo I played ages ago, but in true SteamGAF fashion, haven't even touched since I got the whole package.

Hugstable

Banned
JaseC. wow. AC:Unity and Far Cry 4. :p

AC games are alright, but I've never been to big on Far Cry games. I just wish Ubi games would run better on my PC, Watch Dogs had some many stutters even though it said the game was running full 60fps. I'm probably gonna end up getting Unity myself still though ahha.

Deitus

You can always try picking up bargain bin retail versions, Dawn of War keys should all register on Steam.

Is that just DOW2 though? DOW2 games all had mandatory Steam, but DOW1 wasn't originally on Steam when it first released.

Edit: Or at least if it was on Steam, the original retail versions did not attach to Steam.

Strider

Woah at being able to preorder FC4 bc of a CS:GO knife.

It always blows my mind how much money people spend on digital cosmetic items.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Ubi kinda has Ubi/Steam fans by the balls. Peeps like Jase and me aren't going to buy their games anywhere outside of Steam because we want them in our Steam collection, but that in turn tremendously limits our acquisition options :(

At least Ubi always gives an excellent dollar to playtime value.

AC games are alright, but I've never been to big on Far Cry games. I just wish Ubi games would run better on my PC, Watch Dogs had some many stutters even though it said the game was running full 60fps. I'm probably gonna end up getting Unity myself still though ahha.

I think the consensus is that Watch Dogs was a complete Tire Fire of a PC release.

Deitus

All DOW keys, original and II/Retribution, should work according to the steam database.

Good to know. Looking it up, DOW1 vanilla came out before Steam Half-Life 2 even launched, and none of the expansions used Steam out of the box.

But I guess they patched in Steamworks integration for all versions of the game at some point.

Edit: I guess Steam technically launched before HL2, even though no one cared about it back then.

The latest watchdogs patch fixed the stuttering for me and many users shame it took so long, I love AC games myself too already picked up Unity :)

Hugstable

Banned
Is Crypt of the Necrodancer region free? I made my mind on which of the 3 games (KiD, Yaiba, and Necrodancer) and I decided to get Necrodancer for now just because of how fun the game looks with the Rhythm mechanics and that music! Plus you can even use Custom tracks for more awesomeness!

Wow, does playing CS:GO give money to everyone just like that or did you get the luck of the Irish
stalker
?

It was kind of a luck-of-the-draw deal for that. You do get quite a bit of cash just by playing (I've made probably pretty close to $40 profit just by playing and selling drops/crates). Not bad for a game I got for $3.75!

Amzin

Is that just DOW2 though? DOW2 games all had mandatory Steam, but DOW1 wasn't originally on Steam when it first released.

Edit: Or at least if it was on Steam, the original retail versions did not attach to Steam.

Yea, I don't think DoW1 keys will work on Steam, I have Gold Edition/Winter Assault/Dark Crusade and none of the keys activate on Steam, I've tried.

Is Crypt of the Necrodancer region free? I made my mind on which of the 3 games (KiD, Yaiba, and Necrodancer) and I decided to get Necrodancer for now just because of how fun the game looks with the Rhythm mechanics and that music! Plus you can even use Custom tracks for more awesomeness!

Yes. Should be about 5 keys, I'd guess.
You might have trouble finding a trader with it "in stock" because it's kind of a special order item that wouldn't most likely be stocked.

maneil99

Ubi kinda has Ubi/Steam fans by the balls. Peeps like Jase and me aren't going to buy their games anywhere outside of Steam because we want them in our Steam collection, but that in turn tremendously limits our acquisition options :(

If you choose to explore the shallow shit-tastic copy paste open world design. Lets be honest you want it for the screenshots.

Oh and the WD team is porting the pc ports lol

Humanity Asset #2 -- CHMNV-6B5GE-T9CAT
Humanity Asset -- PIHMZ-X9G3Q-3IBER
Desert Thunder -- 62LXE-X6K0K-6QGPM

Shadownet

Banned

I'm probably only going to get AC:Unity so I can play co-op mode. But only if it run well on PC. I'll wait for a sale on Far Cry 4 since I never really got into the franchise as a whole.

Knurek doesn't thank.

:(

On behalf of Knurek, thank you Ozium!

Time for me to go collect my royalty check from Brace Yourself, obviously.
Seriously though, i've been enjoying the game a lot over the past week or so. Its definitely contending with Shovel Knight and Banner Saga for my favorite Steam game of the year.

The latest watchdogs patch fixed the stuttering for me and many users shame it took so long, I love AC games myself too already picked up Unity :)

Sub Zero has over 37 hours played since he got the game and when I asked him what he thought of it, he said he was enjoying it and hadn't really run into many issues -- so this patch might have actually improved the overall experience, it seems.

Arthea

T.E.C. 3001 is fun, my adventure with 6th level was glitch of sorts, I restarted level and speed was 1/10th of what I was getting before, still damn funny. (><)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

I was ready to give it up because of the terrible performance but this patch was a godsend. Had a great time with the game, it didn't really deserve all that hate.

It still lags terribly however when I try to record footage with Shadowplay :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There are about two weeks between the two. The former will be lead me into the latter. ;)

Wow, does playing CS:GO give money to everyone just like that or did you get the luck of the Irish
stalker
?

The latter (thank you, Saoirse). I remembered that I had two CS:GO keys sitting in my inventory (my useless Settlers 7 DLC pack finally sold) so I decided to open my first ever weapon case; out popped an ~$80 knife.

Yeah, if Watch Dogs is any indication even Amazon will no longer be offering Steam keys for future Ubi games. Want them on Steam? Buy them on Steam.

It was kind of a luck-of-the-draw deal for that. You do get quite a bit of cash just by playing (I've made probably pretty close to $40 profit just by playing and selling drops/crates). Not bad for a game I got for $3.75!
Wow, and I thought my 1€ card sells were noteworthy. Gonna get CS:GO for sure now. I love fps anyway. But at 14€ ? Gonna wait for a sale. Many thanks for your info ef!

Hugstable

Banned
I was ready to give it up because of the terrible performance but this patch was a godsend. Had a great time with the game, it didn't really deserve all that hate.

It still lags terribly however when I try to record footage with Shadowplay :(

Oh nice so everything should be all good with the latest patch? I might have to give this game a try again sometime now. It used to get really bad for me with the stutters, especially during the driving and I have an 770 GTX

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of corrosivefrost, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Might and Magic X: Legacy Edition #3 -- MB-2B087B176F674AA9 - Taken by fspm. 15 entrants total.
Might and Magic X: Legacy Edition #2 -- MB-25E26670E1412CD9 - Taken by wilflare. 31 entrants total.
Might and Magic X: Legacy Edition -- MB-3918C2CA759FE5E9 - Taken by drakaenae. 12 entrants total.

t1407351704z1.png

Backlogger

Yeah, if Watch Dogs is any indication even Amazon will no longer be offering Steam keys for future Ubi games. Want them on Steam? Buy them on Steam.

I didn't buy Far Cry 3 for a long time because of this. I kept passing on Uplay deals waiting for a good deal on the Steam version. Not sure I will be able to hold out as long for Far Cry 4 though. We'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom