• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
image.php

this is too easy

Haha Marco's avatar works for everything. Marco has to be the most avatar quoted poster ever lol.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Revenge of the Titans -- MB-4848BCCC04B044AF - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-EFB932D3CEEECC24 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.

t1407363645z1.png

Got a couple messages on Steam from some very nice lurkers, so here's my remaining stuff without the NOLURKERS rule. Free for everyone, and as a free-for-all!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ulgzbKC.png
99 Spirits (Desura) -- MB-7A9D99084656488A - Taken by Jason Frost
Thief Gold #12 -- MB-815EBAE5614B9830
Thief Gold #5 -- MB-A502F93994ED1389
Thief Gold #15 -- MB-97C621C038DE827F
Thief Gold #9 -- MB-2744E6A2F7F7E890
Thief Gold -- MB-6B0FB7E9ED2F6964
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-64FE004AD0F910DF - Taken by daisysmurf
Thief Gold #13 -- MB-7DB75176846ABCF1
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E1233E8B252612E7 - Taken by Gurthang
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-35688CEC549A061C

I played timeshift on the 360 and didn't really like it . Though I was in the minority. If you like older FPS you'll probably get a kick from it. Plays a lot like HL2 in some ways.

For some reason when I hear Timeshift, I get reminded of Singularity. Singularity is awesome.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Sorry... Eidolon did not make the cut as game #2000... and I cannot enter in good conscience knowing that I would not redeem it immediately.

If milestones are such a big deal to you, then you can enter and not redeem it immediately. Unless you somehow forget to activate games like our dear friend zeroOman did ;)

Uzzy

So... with the new audio recognition on Twitch, I could get my past broadcasts of stuff like, say, GTA or Watch Dogs muted because they have licensed music. Same with Rockband.

Fucking Hell

Actually, your past broadcasts of stuff will probably just get deleted instead. Anything over 14 days old is getting removed, or 60 days if you're a turbo subscriber/partner.

And, of course I posted that right at the end of a page... Here it is again.

Got a couple messages on Steam from some very nice lurkers, so here's my remaining stuff without the NOLURKERS rule. Free for everyone, and as a free-for-all!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ulgzbKC.png
99 Spirits (Desura) -- MB-7A9D99084656488A - Taken by Jason Frost
Thief Gold #12 -- MB-815EBAE5614B9830

Thief Gold #5 -- MB-A502F93994ED1389
Thief Gold #15 -- MB-97C621C038DE827F
Thief Gold #9 -- MB-2744E6A2F7F7E890
Thief Gold -- MB-6B0FB7E9ED2F6964
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-64FE004AD0F910DF - Taken by daisysmurf
Thief Gold #13 -- MB-7DB75176846ABCF1
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E1233E8B252612E7 - Taken by Gurthang
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-35688CEC549A061C

Jawmuncher

Actually, your past broadcasts of stuff will probably just get deleted instead. Anything over 14 days old is getting removed, or 60 days if you're a turbo subscriber/partner.

Definitely taking Dusks suggestion and going to hitbox if I ever decide to stream anything.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure the game could be finished on someone's first playthrough in 6/6 and a half hours if they speed through it and skip cutscenes.
I've actually seen two speedruns of the game, one at just under 1 hour 30 minutes and another one at a little under 57 minutes, both on hard difficulty :p
I never understood the criticism towards MGR's length. Everyone says it's really short, but it took me over 16 hours to finish my first playthrough (on Hard). I know I suck a lot, but that's still more than double the time.

Either way, it's a fantastic game. Sadly the tutorial doesn't explain the most useful things, and key features such as dodging are locked at first, which is a baffling decision to me.

I only had one old broadcast saved indefinitely, so that doesn't hurt me too much. If there was some sort of grace period so I could export the clean video before the contentID muted shit all over the place I wouldn't mind it nearly as much.

I'm about to finish Enemy Within and want to get more turn based alien killing action. Do the old x-com games hold up or is something like xenonauts worth picking up? Anyone here have experience with both? I do have all the old x-com games already

Turfster

Huh, Eidolon sort of looks like the visual style of our next game (hopefully).

I'm about to finish Enemy Within and want to get more turn based alien killing action. Do the old x-com games hold up or is something like xenonauts worth picking up? Anyone here have experience with both? I do have all the old x-com games already

The older X-Com games definitely hold up, in my view.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ricochetguro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-A084E27FE835F714 - Taken by NightmareTrigger

Digging through old spares because I am terrible, play Risen in lieu of Risen 3 which will probably be terrible.

We're not done here... not yet...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Injustice: Gods Among Us -- MB-2D92E7FD523C1A59 - Taken by drakaenae. 46 entrants total. - Taken by Hanzou. 31 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Injustice: Gods Among Us #3 -- MB-ED95790C182E65D2 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 26 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Injustice: Gods Among Us #2 -- MB-2D6C013AFDD4DB52 - Taken by diablogod. 18 entrants total.

t1407373905z1.png

I only had one old broadcast saved indefinitely, so that doesn't hurt me too much. If there was some sort of grace period so I could export the clean video before the contentID muted shit all over the place I wouldn't mind it nearly as much.

I think that might be the worst part, they even say "get to exporting those videos" in the announcement as if they hadn't already started deleting past videos. Surprise mother fuckers!

Either way, it's a fantastic game. Sadly the tutorial doesn't explain the most useful things, and key features such as dodging are locked at first, which is a baffling decision to me.

Just like air-parry, the dodge isn't a "core" ability. Sure, it's useful, but so are a lot of the other moves you can buy.

As for the "tutorial", they explain a lot of it, but what people don't realize is that you're supposed to play the VR missions as you find them. :lol

I think that might be the worst part, they even say "get to exporting those videos" in the announcement as if they hadn't already started deleting past videos. Surprise mother fuckers!

Yeah, and their exporter is currently unavailable due to the mass shift of people trying to move things off.

they're imo better than the 2012(?) release/2013 expansion pack but they've aged very, very badly. It's going to take a while to get adjusted to the older games as they're I think close to ~20 years old at this point. I was honestly facepalming when 2k added these to the 2k humble bundle and people were talking how garbage the games were when they probably didn't even play the games for more than 5 minutes, even if they downloaded them at all.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I never understood the criticism towards MGR's length. Everyone says it's really short, but it took me over 16 hours to finish my first playthrough (on Hard). I know I suck a lot, but that's still more than double the time.

It felt like the perfect length to me. If the main story had been longer, it might have begun to feel like a bit of a drag, and if it had been shorter, it would have felt like there was stuff missing. But it managed to hit that sweet spot between the two for me.

I can't comment on Xenonauts, but the original, X-Com: UFO Defense, holds up really well once you figure out how to play the game.

The older X-Com games definitely hold up, in my view.

they're imo better than the 2012(?) release/2013 expansion pack but they've aged very, very badly. It's going to take a while to get adjusted to the older games as they're I think close to ~20 years old at this point. I was honestly facepalming when 2k added these to the 2k humble bundle and people were talking how garbage the games were when they probably didn't even play the games for more than 5 minutes, even if they downloaded them at all.

I can't comment on Xenonauts, but the original, X-Com: UFO Defense, holds up really well once you figure out how to play the game.

Thanks, I'll try out X-Com and see if I can get into it, since I got it as part of the 2k humble bundle

Kanokare

Alright so I was able to invite Hugs to my friends list on FF14 but can't invite to the Free Company unless you buy the game :/ At least I can add you all who are playing as friends for now! Just message me here, PM, or on Steam if you're on Gigglemesh and online :)

Once I get the full list of people I'll toss you all some Gil if it allows me to trade with you.

Alright so I was able to invite Hugs to my friends list on FF14 but can't invite to the Free Company unless you buy the game :/ At least I can add you all who are playing as friends for now! Just message me here, PM, or on Steam if you're on Gigglemesh and online :)

Once I get the full list of people I'll toss you all some Gil if it allows me to trade with you.
I may as well make a Gilgamesh character during the trial spree.

I hope that Netherealm hires real artists one day, Mortal Kombat and particularly Injustice just look so bland and ugly artistically.

Part of it is just shader configuration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFvY5cf3C3s

I wanna say Yaiba but it reminds me of that one PS4 exclusive that everyone got excited about and forgot about in a day.

The electricity hero game, ya know the one.

Definitely not from a game. Though if it was, I would buy that game for #2000... ;)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just like air-parry, the dodge isn't a "core" ability. Sure, it's useful, but so are a lot of the other moves you can buy.

As for the "tutorial", they explain a lot of it, but what people don't realize is that you're supposed to play the VR missions as you find them. :lol
Didn't know that about the VR missions, I thought they were bonus stuff that was meant to be played once the main game was completed. I should try them and play the DLC someday.

And regarding the dodge, it saved my ass several times, and was my best friend in the final boss. But if you say it's not necessary I believe you, especially after having seen your mindblowing .gifs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom