• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. Seems like Steam support is more open to requests to remove items from your library now. You used to have to dance around a bit with them and make the request several times. This time I only had to make the request, and then confirm.

Oh are we talking about the VR missions in Rising? Fuck those. Got the achievement on the Xbox version for getting the highest score and I can say without doubt: never again.

Deitus

Didn't know that about the VR missions, I thought they were bonus stuff that was meant to be played once the main game was completed. I should try them and play the DLC someday.

And regarding the dodge, it saved my ass several times, and was my best friend in the final boss. But if you say it's not necessary I believe you, especially after having seen your mindblowing .gifs.

I definitely wouldn't say it's not necessary. I mean it's technically possible to beat the game without it, just like it's technically possible to do so without using parry, or manual blade mode, but it's ill advised.

Defensive Offensive and Air Parry are absolutely the first moves you should buy, and the fact that they are the cheapest moves is a good indication. I can only assume what Frost meant with "core moves" was that the game starts you out with the bare minimum moveset in order to force you to make do with those and get good at them, before giving you access to your full moveset. It's not that a dodge move isn't absolutely important, it's just that if they gave it to you right at the beginning, you might never feel inclined to learn to parry.

air parry is great. I remember getting floated by a mastiff, but when it jumped up to spike me back down, I parried that attack and countered it in midair.

MGR2 needs more sick stuff like that

Have never downloaded save games before but I want to finish Black Flag and I'm not replaying everything up to where I was. What's a good place to do so and can you replay missions in Assassin's Creed? Ie, download a game completion save and then just go through one by one. Then again that would spoil the real world stuff, sigh.

L.O.R.D

is there a way to know who is playing a certain game on steam ?
for example , i went to dead rising 3 store page ( i installed enhanced steam )
and saw this
4hu1i6o.jpg

i know wbacon [capcom] play this game most of the time , but who is the other 4 people ?
i know they are developers
but i want to know
also,maybe they are not developers , because i heard SAM can open the game right now
fhL5zGH.jpg

i can open it myself, i wont, i fear for my account to get banned for this
so, can i know who played this game ?

Didn't know that about the VR missions, I thought they were bonus stuff that was meant to be played once the main game was completed. I should try them and play the DLC someday.

And regarding the dodge, it saved my ass several times, and was my best friend in the final boss. But if you say it's not necessary I believe you, especially after having seen your mindblowing .gifs.

Yeah, it's useful, don't get me wrong... it's very useful... but you don't actually really need it until you start fighting the mastiffs in chapter 2 and even then, you can still just ninja run to get out of the way/dodge -- but yeah, there's also a reason it's ridiculous cheap so you can afford it pretty early on. :)

For some reason I thought almost all of the .gifs you posted so far were from Yaiba lol. Also I passed out early last night did you beat NGZ?

Did not secure sake for extreme cyborg.

air parry is great. I remember getting floated by a mastiff, but when it jumped up to spike me back down, I parried that attack and countered it in midair.

MGR2 needs more sick stuff like that

Yeah it is. I should boot that up and take a crack at handling VR18 again. If I could shake the rust off and manage even part of that, the webms would blow minds. ;)

GaussTek

Good job guys. TitS was XSEED's most successful PC launch title.

Just amazing. Falcom should be very happy too!

And, also according to XSEED:

We're set to bring as much additional JRPG goodness to PC as we can. We're humbled & will look to increase our DRM-free offerings too.

tumblr_mar3m7UOkO1qg4c28.gif

Ys Seven now, please! :D (I meant after SC, of course lol)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Air parry saved my ass during Bladewolfs DLC bossfight for Revengence.

KingDirk

Oh man is this a Revengeance love-in? Because I'm lovin' Revengeance. Fought ny first 'black knight' enemy today and it's just...magic. This is getting me hyped more for Bayonetta 2 than anything else has.

Ozium

3 Stars of Destiny steam keys are up for BABMB on Groupees:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-0438D74AE029A6C6 - Taken by HalfwayOrb

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say that after really enjoying and playing a lot of Killing Floor the last week or so I hope we get some Killing Floor 2 news next week at Gamescom. I neeeeeeeds it!

and saw this
4hu1i6o.jpg

i know wbacon [capcom] play this game most of the time , but who is the other 4 people ?
but i want to know
also,maybe they are not developers , because i heard SAM can open the game right now
fhL5zGH.jpg

Open it! Dooo itt1!!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I have to say that after really enjoying and playing a lot of Killing Floor the last week or so I hope we get some Killing Floor 2 news next week at Gamescom. I neeeeeeeds it!

who doesn't? :p can't wait to get my hands on KF2 :3

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
and saw this
http://i.imgur.com/4hu1i6o.jpg

but i want to know
http://i.imgur.com/fhL5zGH.jpg

I don't think Steam has a 'who's playing what' function unless those people are on your friends list. I'm fairly sure there's no way to look up users according to what they're playing or have been playing, but I imagine people who actually poke around in the Steam API would know for certain so maybe jshackles or whoever runs SteamDB and SteamCharts would have something more meaningful to say.

Oh man is this a Revengeance love-in? Because I'm lovin' Revengeance. Fought ny first 'black knight' enemy today and it's just...magic. This is getting me hyped more for Bayonetta 2 than anything else has.

'black knight'?

and it's a shame bayonetta 2 won't really get the audience it deserves...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It is the game I want most this year. Give me something, anything, at Gamescom.

who doesn't? :p can't wait to get my hands on KF2 :3

Yep and it's rumoured they will show something at Gamescom :) No proof of course but it would be the perfect place to show at least something, anything...please!

EDIT - Ooooooh good chance then! Looks like that was from the San Francisco press event a few days ago, according to John Gibson more details on Friday :) I hope that leads into more Gamescom stuff then.

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-726483F6282714A7 - Taken by KingDirk

Too bad that bundle has already unlocked all extras, they should've spread it out better.

Vibranium

Banned
Hopefully the REmake rerelease drums up enough success that RE2 and 3 get the full REmake treatment down the line.

Dusk Golem was saying CV is probably next to be ported. Capcom already ported the game to their MT Framework engine, so the majority of the legwork, and cost, has already been completed.

I am sure RE2 and 3 will be remade after CV is ported. I'd imagine Capcom will release the two close together, so they get extra cash off of two releases that cover roughly the same story timeline.

With good sales off of REmake Remastered, and the classics, Capcom will follow the fans for future installments, so we can just hope they do well in that department. Ditch the BSAA and roided Chris, go back to a smaller, claustrophobic scale, and the return of true survival/ammo management.

I am sure RE2 and 3 will be remade after CV is ported. I'd imagine Capcom will release the two close together, so they get extra cash off of two releases that cover roughly the same story timeline.

With good sales off of REmake Remastered, and the classics, Capcom will follow the fans for future installments, so we can just hope they do well. Ditch the BSAA and roided Chris, go back to a smaller, claustrophic scale, and the return of true survival/ammo management.

I don't see them remaking each other RE. You must mean port with better visuals.

Jawmuncher

I don't see them remaking each other RE. You must mean port with better visuals.

Not even that the PC ports already have better visuals than the console versions.

------

Also I hope the future of RE can statisfy both fans of horror and action. I've always liked the idea of the currently established characters being in the action games. While new characters would be in SH setting. Think the characters of outbreak but in their own actual games.

GODDAMN OUTBREAK WAS SOME GOOD SHIT. I need to fix up my ps2 to play my copies online.

Vibranium

Banned

I can see them remaking them, fans have been asking for the REmake treatment for 2 in particular for years, and Capcom has thrown slight winks and "we'll sees". They even had a poll on Unity that confirmed that, so I am confident they will go for a full remake.

Maybe they'll also port the original versions too.

L.O.R.D

Why take the risk? Don't do it.

thats why
i wont take the risk
let someone else try it
it maybe "cool" to open the game and everyone on my friend list will be like " WTF? how are you playing the game? "

but that will is very risky right now , only 5 people played ( or opened ) this game , capcom will know who did it anyway

Not even that the PC ports already have better visuals than the console versions.

------

Also I hope the future of RE can statisfy both fans of horror and action. I've always liked the idea of the currently established characters being in the action games. While new characters would be in SH setting. Think the characters of outbreak but in their own actual games.

GODDAMN OUTBREAK WAS SOME GOOD SHIT. I need to fix up my ps2 to play my copies online.

Yea i wish RE Outbreak make it to PC. That game had such an awesome concept.

Jawmuncher

After you unlock the big gate you fight this enemy whose limbs you just completely remove until he's just this flopping torso. Very Monty Python.
This guy?

Biggest jerk in the game.

Yea i wish RE Outbreak make it to PC. That game had such an awesome concept.

Outbreak on the PC would be one of those games that would have a dedicated fanbase for a long time. Considering the work fans did to get the ps2 version back online proof is already there.

RPS WIT of Unrest.
Why has nobody else been playing/talking about this?
(Yes, yes, I know, nobody ever listens to me =p)
You know, I unfairly judged the game by its cover name.
Don't know why but I thought it was about setting up an uprising and managing riots.
Subsequently was disappointed by my own false impressions.

Thanks to you though it is on my radar at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom