• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

When is the best time to sell cards ?

To sell ASAP if its a new release most of the time. Cards for the most part just go down in price. There's times of them going up but it's not that often of a occurrence to judge.

Sell ASAP make bases during sales is the best overall rule.

Vibranium

Banned
Outbreak on the PC would be one of those games that would have a dedicated fanbase for a long time. Considering the work fans did to get the ps2 version back online proof is already there.

Outbreak is another one Capcom needs to break out, the potential is through the roof on the PC. File 3 would print money.

They usually go up in price a little before a major sale, but it's so little that it's barely worth it to hang onto them.

To sell ASAP if its a new release most of the time. Cards for the most part just go down in price. There's times of them going up but it's not that often of a occurrence to judge.

Sell ASAP make bases during sales is the best overall rule.

Before it gets in a bundle. Exceed cards being the one exception.

Thanks

Cancelling that Morrowind playthrough I'd wanted to do. Props to Deus Ex for still being very playable today. Morrowind just isn't. I can't do it.

I'll do Oblivion instead.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
puzzles!

ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Q.U.B.E. -- MB-634FA2D104D41B13 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 2 entrants total.

t1407370485z1.png

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Cancelling that Morrowind playthrough I'd wanted to do. Props to Deus Ex for still being very playable today. Morrowind just isn't. I can't do it.

As someone who counts Morrowind as one of his favorite games of all time, I can totally understand this. It's very hard to get adjust to some of its mechanics, like combat, especially if you're used to Oblivion's or Skyrim's systems.

As someone who counts Morrowind as one of his favorite games of all time, I can totally understand this. It's very hard to get adjust to some of its mechanics, like combat, especially if you're used to Oblivion's or Skyrim's systems.

I have incredibly fond memories of Morrowind on Xbox even though I didn't finish it. I remember throwing in the towel one day when I whiffed melee attacks on cliff racers over and over again. There doesn't happen to be a combat overhaul, does there?

Ya tried Morrowind Overhaul? Don't think it modifies the gameplay, tho, or at least enough to make the game playable for you.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of corrosivefrost, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Injustice: Gods Among Us -- MB-2D92E7FD523C1A59 - Taken by drakaenae. 46 entrants total. - Taken by Hanzou. 31 entrants total.
Injustice: Gods Among Us #3 -- MB-ED95790C182E65D2 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 26 entrants total.
Injustice: Gods Among Us #2 -- MB-2D6C013AFDD4DB52 - Taken by diablogod. 18 entrants total.

t1407373905z1.png

Ya tried Morrowind Overhaul? Don't think it modifies the gameplay, tho, or at least enough to make the game playable for you.

I have. And no, it only changes graphics and sound, which are not the parts that really need fixing. The sounds are still amazing. Graphics are rough but hey, I've played rougher.

It's just everything about my interaction with the world feels so awful. I could watch someone play Morrowind, but I cant do it myself.

You know, I scoffed at Skywind as unnecessary, but... maybe it will be my only chance to play Morrowind until the remaster 40 years from now.

Vecks

Played some of 100% Orange Juice. It reaffirms my love of board games and card games. Anybody know of any other board/card game types on steam?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO GO BACK IN THE WATER

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Htown, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

X-Com: Terror From the Deep -- MB-662D4E39D2BB4EBC - Taken by bluechox2

Elija2

Go nuts.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Elija2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-2F789665C674E698 - Taken by KingDirk. 4 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-4D8C11E8D1EEC1C5

t1407372766z1.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Has anyone updated to the beta client and tried running Idle Master yet? According to the announcements for today's update, there was a rather interesting line in the patchnotes:

Fixed Steam thinking games were still running if you had a particular 3rd party application installed on Windows 8, due to it leaving a process around even after game exit

A friend of mine is fairly convinced that this is a patch to plug the hole for Idle Master, though I feel like other than the wording of "certain 3rd party application installed", this sounds more like a bug to prevent issues like Arma 3 assuming it is still running when a temp file is left sitting in the background processes. Just curious if we've had a test dummy so I can settle that one.

I'd do it myself but I've had some messes occur when switching back and forth between beta and regular branches and don't feel like puttin up with that in the event that it does leave a mess.

Elija2

Has anyone updated to the beta client and tried running Idle Master yet? According to the announcements for today's update, there was a rather interesting line in the patchnotes:

A friend of mine is fairly convinced that this is a patch to plug the hole for Idle Master, though I feel like other than the wording of "certain 3rd party application installed", this sounds more like a bug to prevent issues like Arma 3 assuming it is still running when a temp file is left sitting in the background processes. Just curious if we've had a test dummy so I can settle that one.

I'd do it myself but I've had some messes occur when switching back and forth between beta and regular branches and don't feel like puttin up with that in the event that it does leave a mess.

I dunno, they specified Windows 8 only so it doesn't seem like they targeted Idle Master.

73V3N

Banned

I think It may also be talking about uplay

Milchmann

Idle Master terminates its processes properly. It's probably Origin or Uplay.

Ozium

I assume that you are correct and your friend is not. The issue here is "still running" even when the application is closed. This should have nothing to do with Idlemaster.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I dunno, they specified Windows 8 only so it doesn't seem like they targeted Idle Master.

I think It may also be talking about uplay

Idle Master terminates its processes properly. It's probably Origin or Uplay.

I assume that you are correct and your friend is not. The issue here is "still running" even when the application is closed. This should have nothing to do with Idlemaster.

About as I expected. The inclusion of Windows 8 in specific, as well as the phrasing of the game still being active after a game was closed seemed to point in the direction of a genuine bugfix. Was just curious to see if anyone had run the science on that. In any case, I guess we can consider this myth busted for now~

jblank83

About as I expected. The inclusion of Windows 8 in specific, as well as the phrasing of the game still being active after a game was closed seemed to point in the direction of a genuine bugfix. Was just curious to see if anyone had run the science on that. In any case, I guess we can consider this myth busted for now~

I've actually experienced this bug in the not too distant past. I concur that it is probably a legitimate bug fix, not an Idle Master fix.

KingDirk

Okay, as I've been lucky enough to win two giveaways today I am going to pay it forward tomorrow. If anybody hasn't played Shovel Knight, wait until tomorrow!

Vecks

I liked Risk Factions on the 360 but judging by the reviews the pc port sounds broken/dead(player wise)

Dat first review:
It is almost impossible to get a game online but that is exactly what it's like with the board game. You buy the game, set up the board and can't find anyone who wants to play it so in that respect they have nailed it. it is a perfect recreation of what it's like to own the board game. 5 Stars.

I think I'll do a bit of searching. I hope there's something like Culdcept. I loved that game on the ps2.

Man I didn't even notice Human Revolution doesn't have a store page anymore. Shows how often I check. It feels weird to own a game without one.

Sarcasm

Just curious, what's wrong with it?

The pay stuff really puts the player at an advantage over a non-paying.

I am lvl 12..have no quests..dailies are 2 quests. Grinding for me is 1% exp per kill..unless I buy premium. They do the old method of severely limiting bag space..more so than other F2P games.

This game is pretty much P2W. Cheap incentives and huge advantage to paying $$$$.

Grief.exe

If you build your character correctly you can avoid most of those early game hang ups. Pick a weapon type and make that as one of your primary stats, then only use that weapon.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The pay stuff really puts the player at an advantage over a non-paying.

I am lvl 12..have no quests..dailies are 2 quests. Grinding for me is 1% exp per kill..unless I buy premium. They do the old method of severely limiting bag space..more so than other F2P games.

This game is pretty much P2W. Cheap incentives and huge advantage to paying $$$$.

Gross. Why do they think manipulative shit like that will fly on Steam?

I might be biased, but I may have saved the best for last...
(Note: I do not know of any regional restrictions on these keys, but if you try one and it doesn't work, please PM me)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition -- MB-D1BA6298B578BF31 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 75 entrants total.
Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition #3 -- MB-119E3D44AD671AD3 - Taken by mannerbot. 75 entrants total.
Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition #2 -- MB-BA3AF0E86098F4E9 - Taken by JakeD. 78 entrants total.

t1407385485z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom