• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I might be biased, but I may have saved the best for last...
(Note: I do not know of any regional restrictions on these keys, but if you try one and it doesn't work, please PM me)

nod-of-approval.gif

Great Giveaway

Playing it right now and it great people. A pure Suda51 trip and a fun action game.
Anyone who wins make sure you do the 60fps fix.

Dat first review:

I think I'll do a bit of searching. I hope there's something like Culdcept. I loved that game on the ps2.

there isnt anything like that not on steam that I know of anyway

I still have my ps2 copy-great game as I like to pull it out every couple months. The 360 copy of culdcept though was complete garbage sadly.

Booo, Eidolan has black bars at 16:10 resolutions despite having it as an option in the video menu. Need to find a way to force some AA too. Really bad pop-in as well, but I am just nitpicky about such things.

I love all of you guys, I hope you know that.

We all really appreciate these awesome giveaways.

SteamGAF has to be one of the best places on the internet.

Indignate

I got Cheddahz to play Dota.

It's only a matter of time before this whole thread is just another Dota thread but with more giveaways.

If you build your character correctly you can avoid most of those early game hang ups. Pick a weapon type and make that as one of your primary stats, then only use that weapon.

It's not just the combat that shies me away. It's a lot of small things.

It's upsetting me because I keep thinking "it's too old for me to enjoy", but then I realize that's bullshit reasoning because I think Crusader: No Remorse still kicks ass and that's even older.

_hekk05

Banned
Is there dinosaurs....

There's a guy who can turn into a dragon, so close enough I guess?

And another guy riding something that looks like a dinosaur who shoots lightning.

And pit lord which will be patched in at valve time which kinda looks like a dinosaur

I got Cheddahz to play Dota.

It's only a matter of time before this whole thread is just another Dota thread but with more giveaways.

Downloaded Dota 2 when it became freely available.

Never played it once.

Uninstalled it because the frequent update downloads pissed me off.

Will likely never install it again. So yeah, good luck.

iosefe

Ok, so i know positively dick about KiD. other than the violence and the women and the other stuff that i have no idea, what IS KiD?

neoemonk

About two years ago I decided I needed to chill out on Steam sales because I was spending a lot of money on games I wasn't playing. I haven't abstained completely, but I have limited myself to about 3-5 games at every sale. This is far fewer than I was purchasing before.

One of the ways that I limited myself was to not buy sequels to earlier games that I hadn't yet finished, in the event that I actually planned on playing all of the games.

Last night I finished AC: Brotherhood, and now I want nothing more than play Revelations. However, I resisted purchasing it for the past several sales because I had never installed Brotherhood. Now I have to pay full price for it, or wait.

I was a fool. It's too late for me, but you can still learn from my mistakes.

Mono

Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition is one Y away from being KiD:NEY!

Ok, so i know positively dick about KiD. other than the violence and the women and the other stuff that i have no idea, what IS KiD?

It's a very stylistic character action game!

rookiejet

Played some of 100% Orange Juice. It reaffirms my love of board games and card games. Anybody know of any other board/card game types on steam?

Dead Man's Draw and Small World are both pretty brilliant. Zooloretto is fun as well, but the port (from mobile) has a sub-HD max resolution, so maybe give it a try if you don't mind that or you'd be playing it on a notebook or something. (I used dxwnd to force it to run in windowed mode.)

I'll contend those are better than 100% Orange Juice. And I mean like a lot better. 100% Orange Juice is quite charming, but actually is a terrible game, lol

Also, give in to the Hearthstone... Join us

You take that back.

Wasn't there a ton of complaints with Small World? Or did I just read terrible Steam reviews?

I think it may have had technical issues at launch and they were patched or something. I've had no issues with it at all. Though it does crash my weird Linux window manager that no one uses, but I doubt a lot of people would run into that edge case, lol

Indignate

Dead Man's Draw and Small World are both pretty brilliant. Zooloretto is fun as well, but the port (from mobile) has a sub-HD max resolution, so maybe give it a try if you don't mind that or you'd be playing it on a notebook or something. (I used dxwnd to force it to run in windowed mode.)

I'll contend those are better than 100% Orange Juice. And I mean like a lot better. 100% Orange Juice is quite charming, but actually is a terrible game, lol

You take that back.

Wasn't there a ton of complaints with Small World? Or did I just read terrible Steam reviews?

wilflare

I need to get better at Rogue Legacy (playing on the Vita helps)
but not good enough

that battle with the first dungeon boss
Neo Khakir
is impossible right?

I love all of you guys, I hope you know that.

We all really appreciate these awesome giveaways.

SteamGAF has to be one of the best places on the internet.
I love you too.

Going to my aunt's house tomorrow, with stable internet (I think), I can finally keep up with you guys.

Mono

I need to get better at Rogue Legacy (playing on the Vita helps)
but not good enough

that battle with the first dungeon boss
Neo Khakir
is impossible right?

The giant eyeball?
I had to beef myself up until I was level 50-60 to kill that guy!

Rogue Legacy would be perfect on Vita!

Tenrius

Stranded quite literally feels like a demo of a great game. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but... that's all they could do with those great graphics and that music?

wilflare

I watched that for a minute or so and the Steam message sound was freaking me out until I realized it was coming from your stream.

That said, Hitbox looks way nicer than Twitch in terms of layout. I have no feelings towards Twitch one way or another, but it'd be nice if there was some legitimate competition.

the thing is you will fight him again.. T_T and he's OMG

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I hope all of those KiD are actually Bad Rats just because :p

RPS WIT of Unrest.
Why has nobody else been playing/talking about this?

(Yes, yes, I know, nobody ever listens to me =p)

I'm waiting for a sale, but the moment it gets a decent discount when I actually have money, I'll pick it up.

Even after finishing the game, you won't know what KiD is.

It's an action/hack and slash game. Basically, think of MGR (using this as an example in case you've never played a Suda game before). Now, give it a cell shaded-esque visual style that people will love or hate. Throw in an even more nonsensical plot with over the top violence next, with a little side of overt sexuality. Add in a shooting mechanic, a drill, a suave main character, a bizarre gigolo mode, and you've got the basic premise of Killer is Dead.

iosefe

It's an action/hack and slash game. Basically, think of MGR (using this as an example in case you've never played a Suda game before). Now, give it a cell shaded-esque visual style that people will love or hate. Throw in an even more nonsensical plot with over the top violence next, with a little side of overt sexuality. Add in a shooting mechanic, a drill, a suave main character, a bizarre gigolo mode, and you've got the basic premise of Killer is Dead.
Sounds great. Haven't played MGR yet. Demo yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom