• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

So I get home, grab my old CD keys for Dawn of War gold / winter assault / dark crusade, punch them into Steam... and they still all fail. I've tried caps and no caps, double checked everything, but no go :(

Are they just so old they precede the ones that converted over to Steam? Can I email Steam support and get any help with it, or am I s.o.l?

Coldsun

Banned
So I get home, grab my old CD keys for Dawn of War gold / winter assault / dark crusade, punch them into Steam... and they still all fail. I've tried caps and no caps, double checked everything, but no go :(

Are they just so old they precede the ones that converted over to Steam? Can I email Steam support and get any help with it, or am I s.o.l?

Would probably need to contact the publisher, not steam.

Deitus

Went to log into FFXIV only to be greeted by this message:

Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account.

Is it possible my account got hacked already? I only created it last night.

Mono

Trying to run Eidolon of all things is murdering my poor computer? :(

The first time it tried to install the framework, Steam and my browser crashed. It used to say 1 of 4, but now it just says this:

zdFDM4B.png
*frantically fans computer*

Edit: OH, now it works, yay! \o/ I think my computer just really hates Unreal engine, wow.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Seeing the new update for Steam Client Beta Update and it made me realise it's only video games where this is the first thing tested, not other software.

Big Picture

• Fixed crash on game launch if you mashed the A button

Miguel81

Resident Evil Remake is one game I would have never expected to come to Steam. Now there's hope for Zero, Code Veronica X HD, and the original trilogy.

Also, I had a question about Splinter Cell Blacklist. The brightness setting tells you to have the words in the middle box barely visible, but it makes the game have that blown out look with deep blacks and harsh colors -- this the way the game is supposed to look?

Link Man

Banned
Lili: Child of Geos might possibly be the worst game I've played in a while. Terrible framerate in cutscenes (i.e. all conversations), terrible controls with inputs not always registering, and the "battles" are basically all QTEs with the aforementioned input problems. I read that this started as a touch-based game, and it's quite apparent in the sloppy implementation of all systems.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lili: Child of Geos might possibly be the worst game I've played in a while. Terrible framerate in cutscenes (i.e. all conversations), terrible controls with inputs not always registering, and the "battles" are basically all QTEs with the aforementioned input problems. I read that this started as a touch-based game, and it's quite apparent in the sloppy implementation of all systems.

The design in the game is so vague. I constantly asked myself, "what made the people making the game think this was a fun activity?"

Khronico

I played about 30 mins of Expeditions Conquistador. Really liking it so far. It's basically HoMM+XCOM with a choice based dialogue system (with ACTUAL CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES), all of those I love. Will definitely play more in the future. It's also VERY brutal so far. Every time you run out of action points on the overworld you have to camp until the next day. Instead of merely ending turns, you have to set up camp and set priorities (foraging, nightwatch, etc) for your party for the night. I ended up not setting a night watch so I got woken up by a party member yelling that natives were stealing our supplies. I then had a choice: Let them leave peacefully with whatever supplies they stole, or kill them and take my supplies back. I tried to go the peaceful route and ended up losing all my valuables and rations to the thieves.

Don't be a nice guy.

It never pays off.

Khronico

The harsh rule of invading a land of peaceful natives.

It's interesting because racism actually plays a part in your dialogue choices and party member chatter. If you actually try to negotiate peacefully with the natives, any party members with the 'Racist' trait will hate it and probably leave the group.

There's a lot of interesting systems interacting with each other in that game.

The design in the game is so vague. I constantly asked myself, "what made the people making the game think this was a fun activity?"

It has a decent artstyle and was originally made for phones. Top it off with a female protagonist and it all adds up to a game geared to young women. For a lot of developers, that's enough. Sad as it is to say. And I've got loads of confirmation bias from the women in my life to back it up! :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
is the QUBE game worth playing at all?

Like Portal 1, it is short. The puzzles are decent; a few near the end rely a little bit too much on fidgety physics stuff and not enough on conceptually solving the puzzles (I think the Director's Cut might rework some of these). I don't think it's a waste of your time. I'd give it "good, not great". Way better than something like Twin Sector, though.

If you actually try to negotiate peacefully with the natives, any party members with the 'Racist' trait will hate it and probably leave the group.

Leave the group and go where? It's not like they can sail back. And it's not like they can ask the natives for a place to sleep.

Do they become another enemy to watch out for? That'd be awesome.

Genki

I played about 30 mins of Expeditions Conquistador. Really liking it so far. It's basically HoMM+XCOM with a choice based dialogue system (with ACTUAL CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES), all of those I love. Will definitely play more in the future. It's also VERY brutal so far. Every time you run out of action points on the overworld you have to camp until the next day. Instead of merely ending turns, you have to set up camp and set priorities (foraging, nightwatch, etc) for your party for the night. I ended up not setting a night watch so I got woken up by a party member yelling that natives were stealing our supplies. I then had a choice: Let them leave peacefully with whatever supplies they stole, or kill them and take my supplies back. I tried to go the peaceful route and ended up losing all my valuables and rations to the thieves.

Don't be a nice guy.

It never pays off.

Intrigued. Seem to remember Tom Chick raving about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom