• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallout

I played about 30 mins of Expeditions Conquistador. Really liking it so far. It's basically HoMM+XCOM with a choice based dialogue system (with ACTUAL CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES), all of those I love. Will definitely play more in the future. It's also VERY brutal so far. Every time you run out of action points on the overworld you have to camp until the next day. Instead of merely ending turns, you have to set up camp and set priorities (foraging, nightwatch, etc) for your party for the night. I ended up not setting a night watch so I got woken up by a party member yelling that natives were stealing our supplies. I then had a choice: Let them leave peacefully with whatever supplies they stole, or kill them and take my supplies back. I tried to go the peaceful route and ended up losing all my valuables and rations to the thieves.

Don't be a nice guy.

It never pays off.
Wow, that sounds great. I'll add this to my wishlist.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of corrosivefrost, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition -- MB-D1BA6298B578BF31 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 75 entrants total.
Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition #3 -- MB-119E3D44AD671AD3 - Taken by mannerbot. 75 entrants total.
Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition #2 -- MB-BA3AF0E86098F4E9 - Taken by JakeD. 78 entrants total.

t1407385485z1.png

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Like Portal 1, it is short. The puzzles are decent; a few near the end rely a little bit too much on fidgety physics stuff and not enough on conceptually solving the puzzles (I think the Director's Cut might rework some of these). I don't think it's a waste of your time. I'd give it "good, not great". Way better than something like Twin Sector, though.

thanks for the impression. i havent actually played Portal yet, as blasphemous as that seems, so I guess I'll give QUBE a whirl then.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I understand the frustration, but in this day and age you can't really blame them for erring on the side of caution.

True. Which is why I posted in and said

As always, I implore you to make your own judgement call when evaluating software such as Idle Master which is why the entire projects source code is included online.

I know that the original guy who asked was basically just asking "hey, can someone check out the source code on this and let me know if it's legit?" and he kinda just got shit all over and was met with blanket statements about why you should never trust anything not made by Valve.

Grief.exe

I need to get some items for Earthshaker.

I have been loving what he brings to the table. Sets up my team perfectly for a win, they just need to finish it off. His stuns don't really fall off either, ~4 seconds worth of stun is always viable.

I know that the original guy who asked was basically just asking "hey, can someone check out the source code on this and let me know if it's legit?" and he kinda just got shit all over and was met with blanket statements about why you should never trust anything not made by Valve.
What do you expect from SPUF?

xeris

Joke's on them, it's a level 2 character on a trial account, so they can't do shit with it.

Well it doesn't appear to have been a big issue. I just reset my password and I can log in fine now. No idea what triggered it.

If you do go with the game, get either the physical authenticator or the app. Not only does it give you more security, it also gives you an extra free teleport location along with your home location. Really handy for when you just wanna pop back for a turn in.

Lomax

I played about 30 mins of Expeditions Conquistador. Really liking it so far. It's basically HoMM+XCOM with a choice based dialogue system (with ACTUAL CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES), all of those I love. Will definitely play more in the future. It's also VERY brutal so far. Every time you run out of action points on the overworld you have to camp until the next day. Instead of merely ending turns, you have to set up camp and set priorities (foraging, nightwatch, etc) for your party for the night. I ended up not setting a night watch so I got woken up by a party member yelling that natives were stealing our supplies. I then had a choice: Let them leave peacefully with whatever supplies they stole, or kill them and take my supplies back. I tried to go the peaceful route and ended up losing all my valuables and rations to the thieves.

Don't be a nice guy.

It never pays off.

If it makes you feel any better, early in the game even if you fight them, there's a good chance they'll get away with your stuff and you'll end up with people hurt or killed. I did my best to play with the results that happened but there were still times I did some save scumming because things would just go horribly awry. It's a pretty massive game too, I really need to get back to it, I stopped after one of the major milestones about 20 hours in and never ended up going back to it.

Here, have some more codes:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-33D8AA618B7EE378 - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.

Etherlords -- MB-4552C75AB178838C
Etherlords II -- MB-AC8F73207917BA6F - Taken by wagamer. 2 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-8C318B95DC62B089 - Taken by Pop. 2 entrants total.
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-8A6B9241AA75659C - Taken by deadflower81. 1 entrants total.
Beatblasters 3 -- MB-0373D39C6C4E664B - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-1AB757E672713414 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.

t1407394006z1.png

davepoobond

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (davepoobond, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cosmic DJ (humble bundle) -- MB-2DB587041291DBF8 - Taken by danhese007. 1 entrants total.

t1407384109z1.png

seems like a hilarious game, but i already have it (yet to play it :p)

Darn it UPS! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Gonna have to return the package to sender.

Anyways, anyone up for some sort of multiplayer game like Speedrunners or 100% OJ? I can't host though since my Internet and stuff is pretty bad. Need to let out the anger.

EDIT: The sender resolved the case! Hurray!

Erekiddo

There's been a video posted in here several times, of a guy getting shot while taking out the trash. It was from some b-horror movie.

Anyone have it? Off topic, I'm sorry - but this is the only thread I've seen it in.

BadRamen

There's been a video posted in here several times, of a guy getting shot while taking out the trash. It was from some b-horror movie.

Anyone have it? Off topic, I'm sorry - but this is the only thread I've seen it in.

Silent Night Deadly Night Part 2

Part 1 is okay but 2 is where they really inserted the megacheese

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Next batch to try: Finding Teddy, Millie, Where Angels Cry, Year Walk, Deadly 30, Derrick the Deathfin

I'm actually interested in your impressions of Derrick the Deathfin. While it isn't true stop motion like LUME, the aesthetic is still quite impressive.

Note: The developer added a splash screen warning players that a controller is the optimal way to play.

French devs.

Putting a game on the English speaking market.

davepoobond

I played a little... it's fun not much of a game as far as I could tell.. it's basically a lightweight music sequencer but it is fun to play around in for sure.

yeah, the reason i was so excited when i first saw it on Steam during the summer sale was because of the "music creation" aspect. I need quick music for the videos and other things I make so I liked the idea behind being able to do that.

header_292x136.jpg

Not sure if anyone post about Saira but the game used to cost $3.00 or so and now it is free.

The developer on twitter said " It think it has done its selling by now, so it makes sense to set it free. I'll make the source available too."

The game is platform + puzzler, just wanted to share it with SteamGaf.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/48900/

BHK3

Banned

SPUF is probably some of the worst forums on the internet, up there with gamefaqs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
for as much as I ragged on RE4 during my playthrough, playing it and reading the REmake announcement got my RE juices flowing again, I think its time to finally play (or in chris's chapter case, replay, its the only I played) RE6

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
for as much as I ragged on RE4 during my playthrough, playing it and reading the REmake announcement got my RE juices flowing again, I think its time to finally play (or in chris's chapter case, replay, its the only I played) RE6

Play Leon's chapter. Maybe Play Jakes (and Ada's), avoid Chris.

Though really the best advice is to play Leon's chapter alone. Avoid the other three (though I guess Ada's if you want a condensed "this is what Ada did during the entire campaign and story is explained a little further") and play Mercenaries and Onslaught. The only two things worth a damn from that outing. :/

Or better yet, just play Bio4/5. Much better until Bio 1-3 come out on Steam.
----

So, Expendabros: Does it gave a "Congrats, game is over" screen? Because I dunno if I've beaten the demo/game-tie-in or not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Play Leon's chapter. Maybe Play Jakes (and Ada's), avoid Chris.

Though really the best advice is to play Leon's chapter alone. Avoid the other three (though I guess Ada's if you want a condensed "this is what Ada did during the entire campaign and story is explained a little further") and play Mercenaries and Onslaught. The only two things worth a damn from that outing. :/

Or better yet, just play Bio4/5. Much better until Bio 1-3 come out on Steam.
----

So, Expendabros: Does it gave a "Congrats, game is over" screen? Because I dunno if I've beaten the demo/game-tie-in or not.

A) I dont pick and choose what I play in games, I play everything

B) i JUST finished RE4, and ive finished RE5 twice

C) shut up secks

edit D) wait I played Leon's not Chris... whatever the "first" is in RE6 (i know they are out of order), its Leon right?

TheSeks

edit D) wait I played Leon's not Chris... whatever the "first" is in RE6 (i know they are out of order), its Leon right?

Yes, it's Leon. Though really you shouldn't bother with Bio6's campaign. It's a slog and terrible the whole way through. People say Mercnaries/Onslaught shines with the combat mechanics and it's true. Not so much for the campaign where the combat mechanics will hinder. Double so if you play it above Normal. I guess if you're going to torture yourself by playing "everything" do it on Easy. Save yourself a lot of frustration.

Rhaknar

Yes, it's Leon. Though really you shouldn't bother with Bio6's campaign. It's a slog and terrible the whole way through. People say Mercnaries/Onslaught shines with the combat mechanics and it's true. Not so much for the campaign where the combat mechanics will hinder. Double so if you play it above Normal. I guess if you're going to torture yourself by playing "everything" do it on Easy. Save yourself a lot of frustration.

you sush

actually, I do remember that Leon campaign being harder than the usual RE campaign, at least I remember actually being short on ammo (in fact I think the little I played of Jake's campaign I actually DID run out of ammo)

I also remember it being fucking looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong as shit. Leons's that is, but then again I remember people saying RE6 was like 20+ hours long so

TheSeks

Yes, there are credits.

I just finished it a couple of minutes ago. Now I really want to get Broforce after playing it.

Okay, guess I'll have to play a bit more tomorrow then. I struggled with like one of the bosses for about 10 mins
the one that jumps and uses rockets
the unlocked Bros didn't really do enough damage and so I basically had to sit under the damn thing and pray it wouldn't throw grenades or stomp me to death while I avoided rockets. Bleh.

TheSeks

you sush

actually, I do remember that Leon campaign being harder than the usual RE campaign, at least I remember actually being short on ammo (in fact I think the little I played of Jake's campaign I actually DID run out of ammo)

I also remember it being fucking looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong as shit. Leons's that is, but then again I remember people saying RE6 was like 20+ hours long so

No, Leon's campaign isn't short on ammo once you learn the "cover recovers stamina, stamina is used for melee attacks/dodges. Melee attack/dodge nearly everything." This is one of those "the campaign doesn't explain the mechancis" thing.

But Leon's campaign does have issues in regards to set-piece design. But that's probably the best playing one.

The problem with the campaign is:

-QTE's
-Gunshot enemies staggering you. This isn't like Lost Planet so on higher difficulties you'll be trying to get up and one of the gun enemies (of which there are many) will stagger you/reroll you.
-Set pieces aren't fun
-Chris' campaign is FUCKING TERRIBLE. One of the worst shooter campaigns I've played in years
-Jake isn't really that interesting and a waste of time when they could've focused on Sherry. But
Wesker's Son
had to be tied in since they painted themselves into a wall by killing Mary Sue Antagonist last outing. :/
-Ada's campaign isn't that great, double so if you're an Ada fan.

Yeah, it's about 20 hours or so long. I didn't really time it but it felt like forever because none of it was fun, which is really crazy because it was Capcom... but I guess Capcom doesn't have that spark anymore. :(

Seriously though, dude: I bought the game two times once on PS3 and once on Steam sale. I can't muster the effort to go through the campaign a second time/PC because it's that bad. :/

Rhaknar

Seriously though, dude: I bought the game two times once on PS3 and once on Steam sale. I can't muster the effort to go through the campaign a second time/PC because it's that bad. :/

no offense, I apreciate the impressions, but I will never not play something just because someone says its bad.

I might very well agree with you (although I remember liking leon's campaign), but I wont let it stop me from having my own opinion on it

Oublieux

Yes, it's Leon. Though really you shouldn't bother with Bio6's campaign. It's a slog and terrible the whole way through.

I think the combat mechanics shine in Mercenaries, but it doesn't detract from the campaign. I know I'm in the minority, but the game is fun--different from other RE games? Yeah, but it doesn't help that RE6 doesn't teach you anything in the tutorial. It's a different sort of pacing and tension that requires a mix of shooting and balanced stamina usage with melee. My advice: I think the best way to play the campaign is in chronological order--it's how I did it and I came away satisfied.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
A part of me still wishes Capcom would do what they did with Onimusha to Devil May Cry when it comes to Resident Evil 6, just make a full fledge new IP game that goes full out on the melee attacks the game offered.

They could make it like Manhunt if they wanted to keep in some scares..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom