• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free coupons to a good home:

75% OFF Defy Gravity
75% OFF Pressure
66% OFF Age of Empires® III: Complete Collection
75% OFF Blast Em!
75% OFF Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe
50% OFF Garry's Mod
75% OFF Return to Mysterious Island
50% OFF Velocity®Ultra

Start a trade with me on steam if you want any of them.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/coupondumpster/discussions/8/630802979511368671/

Group admins will make sure anyone who wants it gets it.
The group is awesome and has hooked me up a bunch of times in the past. I donate coupons to them whenever I'm not going to use them... it's easier than adding and removing trashbot, even if he's back to working status.

I told you, totally a fools errand trying to give away coupons in here. That Age of Empires III one is pretty sweet though. Pity I already have it.

There are some good ones out there, just crafted a few badges and got a 90% off Asteria, so $1. Looked at the badges page on enhanced steam and it said the drops are worth more than $1. Sold!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I was comparing which I found more fun.

I can see what you're saying but I don't see how Suda is 'exploring' sexism. Having sexualised women isn't exploring shit :lol Not complaining but I don't think the game is making any big statements. Unless if I've misunderstood.

Fell asleep, so very late answer here. :)

The major point was that the two games are very different projects, with different aims. Of course one could have diverting opinions to what degree either project succeeds in achieving those aims.

I also firmly believe that you can explore controversial issues in video games by 'forcing' the player to experience them directly. Take a game like Hotline Miami. To me this is a game that at first glance comes of as a cynical celebration of violence and gore, but I think most people who play it at some point -- and I think this is intentional from the developers, as an example you have the cut scene where the main character throws up after clearing a level etc. -- will come to reflect about their own enjoyment about executing people by drilling holes in their skulls for high scores etc. etc. And as such I think it's fair to say that the game problematizes violence, rather than celebrating it.

The same goes for Killer is Dead, in my opinion. Of course, this could say just as much about me and how I experience these games, than about what the game as a project tries to achieve though.

taco543

Hey family at steamGAF I've been dead to the world for a while, (been no life-ing Last Of Us Remastered) so I thought I'd leave these here for you guys!

ModBot said:
Instructions for taco543:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Etherlords II -- MB-5B71606C8CDFBE52 - Taken by Aaron. 1 entrants total.
Etherlords -- MB-9E35BA0DC63523C2 - Taken by Vandrar. 2 entrants total.

t1407397016z1.png

Thanks for this man!

taco543

sorry for reposting it so soon just trying to get it onto the new page.
ModBot said:
Instructions for taco543:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Etherlords II -- MB-5B71606C8CDFBE52 - Taken by Aaron. 1 entrants total.
Etherlords -- MB-9E35BA0DC63523C2 - Taken by Vandrar. 2 entrants total.

t1407397016z1.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
well don't you look silly for the master 100 ppp race :p

Link Man

Banned
I believe I still have a Desura key for 100% Orange Juice, if anyone wants it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 1 other item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Link Man, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
header_292x136.jpg

ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-961287D7CD8CB3DD - Taken by Majukun

JustLynx

wish I could've given something bigger and more expensive, but for now I can't, sorry :(
Good luck

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-24B5C601B848CC9F - Taken by Capt.Haddock. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Sid Meiers Ace Patrol was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1407407266z1.png

Anyone have any "resources" for locating games removed from Steam?
I have a new idea for 2000... but steam trades, dispenser, and tf2outpost are all failing me; and retail releases aren't worth jack here. :\

Dr Dogg

Blargggggggh

Are 0x080000C1 the best bits? And I forget, do you still have to change the lod bias or does Nvidia inspector automatically adjust it now?

Yes 0x080000C1 are the best ones and no you don't need to alter LOD bias anymore as of about 20 driver revisions ago. I didn't have any issues when using 4xSGSSAA apart from taking a massive hit on chapter 5 or 6 (the dream sequence one) due to the amount of alpha effect on screen causing that haze to the scene. I take it you have exactly the same amount of multisamples and the level of SGSSAA you're using right? As in 4xMultisamples and 4xSGSSAA? You will notice that there are scene where the levels shadows are like absolute black (ie 0/0/0) but character shadows have a slight blue tinge to them and some times characters shadows will blend in with the background. That's pretty much the game for you and the look they were going for.

Anyone have any "resources" for locating games removed from Steam?
I have a new idea for 2000... but steam trades, dispenser, and tf2outpost are all failing me; and retail releases aren't worth jack here. :\

Either Jase or http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3071895. Edit: Of course I get you now want an actual game and not just a great big list.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Good job, Talisman devs. I bought the Gold Pack because it was cheaper than buying the DLC separately, but I can't add it to my account as the DLC is set to be ignored by Steam's cross-check and I already own the two games themselves.

Edit: I've asked Valve to remove Talisman: Digital Edition from my account so I can activate the gift.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
forgot I had these

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-6012EF9AEBF6F8A3 - Taken by Catshade
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-FE09AB0832B24865 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow

edit: oh shit kingdom under fire 2 is on greenlight o_O

Benedict

Got 2 coupons for 60% OFF Broken Sword 5 The Serpent’s Curse just now. What is the GAF-pinion on the game?
I've played all of the other BS-games (I think)

Spare:

ModBot said:
Instructions for EmergentFocus:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (EmergentFocus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Darkout -- MB-CD7BBC02174F4819 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.

t1407399826z1.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Approaching €10 from idle master. My IRL steam friends must think I've gone completely mental playing 24/7 though. Intervention incoming.

Here's one for lurkers:

ModBot said:
Instructions for EmergentFocus:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (EmergentFocus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Stacking -- MB-91EFDD9DA6BD4A9D - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.

t1407400066z1.png

Here's one for lurkers:

Not a lurker, but want that. XD Spare

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-B2ECFCD775FBBFF6 - Taken by kurahador. 1 entrants total.

t1407400487z1.png

Dr Dogg

Approaching €10 from idle master. My IRL steam friends must think I've gone completely mental playing 24/7 though. Intervention incoming.

I've been Idle Mastering for about 6 days straight with most of Friday last week as well. Just tipped over £20 this morning with about £8's worth of cards still on the market. To think I was to lazy before to go idle everything and claim back some funds in the way of GabeN$'s. Just need a sale to come around.

Given the time of day and the fact that many people no doubt already have it I'd say you have a pretty good chance ;)

Haha, thanks for Stacking. ;D

Meant to grab the bundle with it last month, but discovering SteamGAF, Steam Sales and bundles brought me over my number of monthly transactions in July.

New engine? You know what this means...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Does trashbot even work anymore? Screw that, he should donate them to coupon dumpster. :)

Never heard of it before, but sure that works too.

well don't you look silly for the master 100 ppp race :p

Neogaf live extension master race for life

New engine? You know what this means...

Please be excited for Ricochet 2.

Oh I wouldn't be excited for anything. This is for Dota 2 UGC.

Not even Ricochet 2? Sad times :|

Dr Dogg

Please be excited for Ricochet 2.

I thought Ricochet 2 was code for 'you know what'? Wasn't there an interview with Gabe where he said he's not talking about it so out of the blue Ricochet 2 comes up in conversation.

But yeah this is kind of typical, no announcement, no fanfare, just bosh here you go we'll do the rest, like games and such later (probably much, much later).

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Ricochet 2 was code for 'you know what'? Wasn't their and interview with Gabe where he said he's not talking about it so out of the blue Ricochet 2 comes up in conversation.

But yeah this is kind of typical, no announcement, no fanfare, just bosh here you go we'll do the rest, like games and such later (probably much, much later).

That's just meant to throw people off the trail of the true sequel we've all waited years for.

The other dream is dead.

Dr Dogg

That's just meant to throw people off the trail of the true sequel we've all waited years for.

The other dream is dead.

I've still got an old PC Zone cover CD with Ricochet, Team Fortress and CS 1.3 on it. Why I've kept these things in the days on a reasonable internet connection I'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom